Digital ID's and OTK2003

Hello,

I have a 'Class 1 VeriSign Digital ID', for one of six pop e-mail
address I have in Outlook 2003 SP1.

I have not used this certificate for a few months, but it did use to
work fine.

Now when ever I try to send mail from my certificated e-mail address I
get the "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying
security system" error.

I've seen a number of posts regarding this error, but no answers that
work for me. I have also deleted and downloaded the certificate many
times without any benefit.

I'm running fully patched XP Pro, With Zonealarm and Adwatch.

Any ideas what could be wrong, or even how best to locate the root
cause (certificate, Outlook, XP).

Many Thanks
Nigel
0
nleach (6)

The certficate you have stored on the system is corrupt.  Best way to fix is
to remove it via IE (tools > internet options > content > certificates
button, reboot, and then reinstall it.

/neo

ps - you can't salvage the existing id in the certificate store.  you must
use the original you received/downloaded from verisign or get a new
certificate.

"Nigel Leach" <nleach@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a 'Class 1 VeriSign Digital ID', for one of six pop e-mail
> address I have in Outlook 2003 SP1.
>
> I have not used this certificate for a few months, but it did use to
> work fine.
>
> Now when ever I try to send mail from my certificated e-mail address I
> get the "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying
> security system" error.
>
> I've seen a number of posts regarding this error, but no answers that
> work for me. I have also deleted and downloaded the certificate many
> times without any benefit.
>
> I'm running fully patched XP Pro, With Zonealarm and Adwatch.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong, or even how best to locate the root
> cause (certificate, Outlook, XP).
>
> Many Thanks
> Nigel

0
neo7948 (622)

Setting up an additional ID
I'm trying to set up an additional Outlook ID on my computer for my newly-acquired wife (thank you very much) and install FranklinCovey's PlanPlus into her ID. I've done the ID, but I don't get PlanPlus to show up on her ID. Any clues? Um, talk to Franklin-Covey support? It is not an Outlook problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ...

Adding a value to a customer ID?
Hello! I have a case number for a patient. 2009-001, for example, in C2. I also have a contact number for the patient's family member, in D2. How can I combine the patient's case number 2009-001 from C2 with an entry in D2, 2009-001-01for each contact? Example: Jane Doe is case number 2009-001. She has two children, Josh and Jolene. Josh would be contact number 2009-001-01. Jolene would be contact number 2009-001-02. Then we'd have another case number: Doctor Pepper, 2010-003. She has three contacts: Coke, 2010-003-01, Sprite, 2010-003-02, and Jack Daniels, 2010-00...

DPM Error ID 31313
I am attempting to add a hyper-v machine to my current protection group and receive error 31313 requiring that I install: kb; 975354 (installed) kb: 975921(installed) I have verified all the prerequisites are met on the 2008 R2 servers in the cluster and have also refreshed the DPM agents to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Have you installed KB975921 and KB975354 on your Hyper-V Servers? If not , please do so and then refresh the agent status for the servers and run inquiry again. --Angad. -- This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties...

VNumber and Terminal IDs
I have a multi store setup with multiple registers in each store. I use Citibank processing with the built in RMS functionality. Do I need a separate Vnumber for each register within a store? Do I need a separate Terminal ID for each register? I have been having a hard time getting a straight answer on this. Thanks for any help. Butch -- RMS 1 HQ 23 Stores in 9 states 145 Lanes Sorry for the Duplicate posts. I was having trouble with the Outlook Express and went Web Based. It seems the Outlook Express weren't truthful when they said the message couldn't be sent. ;-P "B...

How to Load a String, passing in the ID of the resource, not the name?
Hello, I would like to get the Caption for a String, from the String table, by passing in the value of the String, not the ID of it. For example, the String in my String table is: (ID)IDS_STRINGEXAMPLE (Value)105 (Caption) This is the text of the example But I have many different strings in this table and in my code I want to be able to get the String by passing in the int value of the resource but I don't know how to do this?? (ie I want to pass a variable such as 105, 1o6 etc to a function, not the IDS_STRINGTABLE etc) I know CString::LoadString(IDS_STRINGEXAMPLE) will give me what I...

Exchange 2003 Event ID#3017 from MSExchange Transport
Last week we were hit by spammers from China. They were able to guess a password and authenticate using smnp. One week later, it appears that they keep trying to ping our server. Once every hour, the message is being posted in our application log. It has the address of the spammer. How can I shut down whatever open port they are trying to use? Check your Firewall logs and try to find out what port(s) they are using. If you can verify what IP addresses they are using block those on the Firewall as well. They may also use other machines outside of China to attack your network. I ha...

Getting to the right ID on a continuous form
On a continuous subform, I have a button that opens up a simple form that allows the user to enter a note for a particular record. a field1 field2 [btn] b field1 field2 [btn] c field1 field2 [btn] . . . The problem is that if the user clicks, say, the button on the third record down (c), that opens the note for the first record in the continuous form (a). No matter which record's button the user clicks on the continuous form, it always opens to the first record's note. What I need to do, I guess, is get the ID of the record that the user is c...

Add Company ID to company tables for use with SmartList Builder
SmartList Builder is a great addition to GP because of the flexibility it provides in pulling data from various sources. The feature that allows you to use multiple GP companies would be of significantly more value if the Company Name or Company ID was able to be pulled into the SmartList. I can create a Smartlist that crosses companies, but it is of little value because I can't identify which company the data is coming from. Please consider adding some Company ID's to useful tables within each company so we can use Smartlist Builder's full functionality. Thank you. ----...

Event ID 9548 is logged for Disabled User Accounts which do not have a master account SID
Hy, i've read the kb for Event ID 9548 on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555410/en-us This article says about a patch to solve the problem but there are no links to the patch... Were i can download it? Thanks to all Kentucky On 21 Mar 2007 04:07:14 -0700, "Kentucky" <aforino@libero.it> wrote: >Hy, i've read the kb for Event ID 9548 on > >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555410/en-us > >This article says about a patch to solve the problem but there are no >links to the patch... >Were i can download it? > >Thanks to all >Kentucky I be...

Can't move mailboxes between servers: MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000
How do I move mailboxes between servers? When I try from ESM right clicking on the mailbox and going through the wizard I get this error: <summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1050000"> The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 - <details> Anyone have any ideas? Do you have Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000? Your Global Catalog was recently installed? Did you move the Exchange Server from Organization Unit in Active Directory? Please, send me informatio...

Changing Customer Address IDs
Currently all of our customers have address IDs similar to this: -“PRIMARY” as the customer’s main address -“SHIP TO 001” (SHIP TO xxx) as the customer’s other addresses. Needless to say, this setup doesn’t easily allow you to recognize what the address code represents. Also, we have several customers (Call them wholesalers) that buy items from us and have us drop ship them to our other customers (Call them facilities). After the initial sale to the wholesalers, subsequent sales in which the product physically ends up at a facility can be placed by the same wholesaler, a different whol...

Digitally Sign a Code Module
Word 2007 I would like to add a digital signature to a code module. When I got to Tools > Digital Signature > Choose, I don't have any certificates to select. I do have a certificate that would be appropriate for this function. Does it need to be in a specific certificate store? Thanks for any help that you can offer! --Tom On Mon, 3 May 2010 17:45:54 -0600, "Thomas M." <NoEmailReplies@Please.com> wrote: >Word 2007 > >I would like to add a digital signature to a code module. When I got to >Tools > Digital Signature > Choos...

Changing Vendor ID
We are using Great Plains 7.0 SQL 2000. We need to do a mass update to all our Vendor IDs by adding a prefix in front of all Vendor IDs. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on how to do this? Thank you, KBrown Microsoft provides (sells) a utility to perform this function. It updates all of the tables including open POs, open payables, history, etc and keeps all of the records in order. Check with your reseller. The price ( a few hundred dollars I think) is well worth maintaining your records in proper order. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for ...

MS Office pre-loaded/locate product id?
I got a new Lap top with MS Office pre-loaded. How do I locate 2007 product ID? No CD packaging included. I tried clicking on MS Office button in hopes of finding it to no avail. Thanks Its a Trial Version, do you not have an Activation assistant shortcut on the desktop? "letsDiscuss" <letsDiscuss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22686F81-5D34-4C3F-8457-0FE0B6E61C15@microsoft.com... >I got a new Lap top with MS Office pre-loaded. How do I locate 2007 product > ID? No CD packaging included. I tried clicking on MS Office button in > hope...

Sales transaction Entry
Good morning, Does anybody know of a way to change the default type ID in Sales Transaction Entry? Right now it is defaulted to Quote but we do not use this format or type, we would like the default to be Order but I can't find the parameter to change this. Thanks The Default Sales doc is managed in User Preferences. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com It's under User Preferences. It is set by user not by system. depending on your version, go to your Home pag...

Event ID 1229
I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and getting Event ID 1229 Description: Error -2147221233 from background index create. Folder 8-25B60B8 Index ?T668f+Q674a Database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (XXXXX)" From the Help and Support link it tells me that this error was fixed with Exchange Server 2000 SP1 Any Help? -- Thanks Duane -2147221233 = 8004010f =ecNotFound It's a prop that's missing. try setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersPrivate Ignore Bad Oof Rule = 1 "Duane" <Duane@discussions.mic...

Returning ID's with broken series
Table 'TEST' has information on 4 staff members. For Staff_ids 1 and 4 there is no missing (brake) year while for staff_id 2 and 3 there is brake in years. Can someone help me with a query to return only the staff_ids for which one or more years are missing in between. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TEST]( [Staff_id] [int] NOT NULL, [Year] [int] NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO insert into TEST select 1,2005 insert into TEST select 1,2006 insert into TEST select 1,2007 insert into TEST select 1,2008 insert into TEST select 2,2005 insert into TEST select 2,2007 insert in...

Event ID 1022 Exchange 2000
I am getting this event every 15 mins in event viewer: Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store [SERVER]" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=[DOMAIN] Limited/OU=KEL_DOM/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}. Error: -2147221231 There seem to be a few posts, but none with a solution that works for me. Microsoft have confirmed it as a problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 but say it is fixed in SP2. I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 + latest hotfixes 16/8/04 native, 2k domain with 20...

"The RPC server is unavailable" ID c00706ba After Migration
Windows 2000 SP4, 2 DCs, Exchange 2000 Sp3 After installing new Exchange 2000 server, migrating mailboxes from old server, stepping though steps in Q307917 "How to remove the first Exchange 2000 server computer from the site" except the final step of removing Exchange from the old server ... Old server turned off On either DC Active Directory Users and Computers, create new account and mailbox Properties Email Addresses, select SMTP address EDIT "The RPC server is unavailable. Facility: Win32 ID no:c00706ba Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension" If I run ...

How can I fetch Disk-ID from a disk connected with USB?
I need to know the exactly LBA size of a disk connected with USB. I have tried it with IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY_EX and some others like it, but sometimes it does not fetch the exactly LBA size of the disk and sometimes it does not works. Finally I tried with the source code like below. http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.cpp However it only support IDE-connected disk but not USB. I have spend a whole day with it but it still does not work :( Thank you for any comment! BEST REGARDS Joe Park ...

How to ID calling worksheet if it isn't the active sheet?
I have a udf that uses .ActiveSheet to identify the sheet calling it. Works great as long as the sheet doing the calculating is the active one. This sheet with that udf has now been replicated - various what if version copies. Each of these copies comes along with its own copy of that udf in its cells. Question is, how does the udf ID the calling sheet if it's not the currently active one? There are global controls that change input values used by these copied sheets. All must recalculate using this global value and their own local variables. Application.Caller will b...

Error ID 1016 (Network Compromise)
I've been going through my event logs, and starting two days ago, I've seen domain users showing up in Error ID 1016 with the following message: domain\username has logged on to domain\username's mailbox and is not the Primary WinNT account. It would suggest that someone is reading someone else's mail. However, it's rampant- I'm receiving the error from multiple users accessing multiple mailboxes. It does not coincide with a backup and I've never seen the message prior to two days ago? What on earth is this? Additionally, I had a strong password (just changed it)...

showing total of 10 digits.
hi group, I need to show 10 digits total of any number (with last 2 being the decimals). So if the cell contains the number 6, I need it to show as 0000000600. Or for example if the number in the cell is 103.89 it'll show as: 0000010389 how do I make excel do that? Thanks Hi Thrava! =A1*100 Format > Cells > Custom format 0000000000 OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

eConnect
I'm trying to pass SOP entry using eConnect. We are likely to get orders, which are to be placed in two different databases based on the currency id. Is there any company id field available? Or how could I change the connection string value based on the currency id passed? Or is there any other method available to achieve this? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shankar- Take a look at MC60200 and SY01500 in the DYNAMICS database. Depending on how you have currencies set up, you might be able to get from MC60200 to SY01500 using CMPANYID, and then get INTERID (wh...

Lots of information logs event id 2
Seem to gets loads of this on Exchange server. Source ENL Description: [ENL-0x234] ENL-TCPIP: Sun Oct 16 18:17:58 2005 UDP Send Error (errno=10049)(destAddr=0.0.0.0). Any ideas? ...