Digital ID and certificate missing

I have Microsoft Office 2002 which includes Outlook 2002.
I've been using the software now for some time without a
problem. Recently I went to send a message and it popped up
with an error stating that I am missing my certificates and
it could not send the message. I did some poking around
only to find out that my computer is missing the digital ID
and certificates all together. So...I've been trying to
find some sort of help on the Internet dealing with this. I
eventually found on the support site for outlook how to get
a new digital ID, which goes as follows:

Get a digital ID
Do one of the following:

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the
Security tab.
Click Get a Digital ID.
Click Set up security for me on the Exchange Server.
Click OK.
In the Digital ID name box, type your name.
In the Token box, type the keyword your Exchange Server
administrator assigned to you, for example, NLSWQGSS.
In the Microsoft Outlook Security Password dialog box, type
a password for the digital ID, and then type the password
again in the Confirm box.
You will receive a message in the Inbox from your Exchange
Server administrator that will require you to enter the
password you created in step 7.

In the dialog box that appears, click the Remember password
for check box, and then enter the number of minutes you
want Outlook to remember your password for.
In the Root Certificate Store message that appears, click Yes.

The problem is...I start doing this fine, I go to the tools
menu, options, security, and click on "Get a Digital ID."
Instead of giving me more options it brings up a website
wanting me to buy another digital ID. The help file states
that there should be more options...so I am completely
stumped. If anyone knows how to help it would be
appreciated. Thanks

Patrick

If you are indeed connecting to an Exchange Server, check with your
administrator. They should be able to re-enroll you.

If you're not connecting to an Exchange Server, you're on your own as far as
obtaining a new certificate. Are you sure you were encrypting and/or signing
your messages before this? If you select Tools | Options | Security, you can
uncheck the options to sign and encrypt your messages.

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Patrick" <patrickajones19@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have Microsoft Office 2002 which includes Outlook 2002.
> I've been using the software now for some time without a
> problem. Recently I went to send a message and it popped up
> with an error stating that I am missing my certificates and
> it could not send the message. I did some poking around
> only to find out that my computer is missing the digital ID
> and certificates all together. So...I've been trying to
> find some sort of help on the Internet dealing with this. I
> eventually found on the support site for outlook how to get
> a new digital ID, which goes as follows:

> Get a digital ID
> Do one of the following:
>
> On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the
> Security tab.
> Click Get a Digital ID.
> Click Set up security for me on the Exchange Server.
> Click OK.
> In the Digital ID name box, type your name.
> In the Token box, type the keyword your Exchange Server
> administrator assigned to you, for example, NLSWQGSS.
> In the Microsoft Outlook Security Password dialog box, type
> a password for the digital ID, and then type the password
> again in the Confirm box.
> You will receive a message in the Inbox from your Exchange
> Server administrator that will require you to enter the
> password you created in step 7.
>
> In the dialog box that appears, click the Remember password
> for check box, and then enter the number of minutes you
> want Outlook to remember your password for.
> In the Root Certificate Store message that appears, click Yes.
>
> The problem is...I start doing this fine, I go to the tools
> menu, options, security, and click on "Get a Digital ID."
> Instead of giving me more options it brings up a website
> wanting me to buy another digital ID. The help file states
> that there should be more options...so I am completely
> stumped. If anyone knows how to help it would be
> appreciated. Thanks
>
> Patrick

0
patrickareed (498)

Creating Dynamic Range
I have created a dynamic range for an excel 2000 spreadsheet that I reference by using a Data Validation List... The dynamic range almost works, except that is leaves whichever is my last entry to the list off, of my "drop-down" box... So anything I add to the list whether is is several or a couple, will show up in my drop-down box except the very last entry.... My list that I am creating the dynamic range from runs from cell A3 thru A20 The formula for the dynamic range I have is: =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$3,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)) Can anyone recognize something that might be wron...

Message-ID
Is it possible to hide from message-id the hostname of the sending host? No. Your mail server should stamp a message id, but if it doesn't outlook adds one to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Michele Franzoni" <no@spam.com...

Money 2004 Sounds Scheme Missing In Regular Accounts
I installed Money 2004 in a WinXP Pro system with different accounts. I notice that I only get sounds in the administrator account and not in the other ones, except for the default voice on tips and help. Under the Administrator account, Control Panel > Sound And Audio Devices > under Sounds Tab there's an scheme for Money, but this entry is missing in other user accounts. How can I add the sounds in other user accounts? Thanks! ...

money 2005 email support and product ID
I tried enter my product ID in the format as suggested and form the "about money", but the ms support web rejected it . I double and triple check the enter number and format still I can not get through. what Can I do? ahhh. I must be having internet problem or something. after rebooting PC, I was able to get through. https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?med=online&prid=8102&trl=so&enty=pid&gprid=35852&ln=en-ca&c1=504&as=1 "gg" <gg@nomail.nil> wrote in message news:uSSAY3IHFHA.3244@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I trie...

mail server certificate
Dear all, I installed a win 2003 sbs. The mail is configured and works internally. The mails from the outside world don't seem to arrive. I know that the router has a wan IP address and mail.mydomain.be has been mapped to the router. The router sends all what arrives on mail.mydomain.be on port 25 to my sbs server (using local IP). What is the mail server certificate I should use? In the assistant, I created a certificate for mail.myCompany.be. Should I use something else? Thanks, Alain Bourgeois On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:58:02 +0200, Alain Bourgeois <bk332951@skynet.be> wrote: ...

Missing References
I had a problem today with a missing reference - Microsoft Forms 2 on a colleague's machine at work (Office 2003; VBA 6.5; XP). I've read Chip Pearson's "Missing References in VBA" which is a geat explanation about how to fix problems like this. Oddly the library didn't seem to be flagged as "missing" and was in fact present in the system32 directory but didn't show up in the list of available references. Now to the questions: I'm not clear on whether if I write code in a project that references a library which is not part of the &qu...

Option to convert from text to mdb is missing
I just downloaded and installed Access 2003 from the MSDN site. I created and opened a dummy database. Then selected File, Get External Data, Import to bring a csv file into a table. But the Files of Type dropdown does not have any text or xls options. Are the drivers missing? The help system says they should be installed by default, but I'm stuck. Also, I should mention that every time I start up Access, it says it is "Preparing to install" then askes me to wait while it configures Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Install came to a successful conclusion ...

what happens when a digital certificate expires
I think I'm forced to digitally sign my ClickOnce manifest and assembly for a windows forms application (see yesterday's post, 'click once deployment cannot continue'. This seems like a stupid question, but in all the articles I've read, I can't find what happens to a user when the digital certificate expires. Does the application just fail? Am i going to be scrambling to acquire a new certificate and publish updates signed with the new certificate? Will the application automatically update to the new version with the new certificate, once it is publis...

Missing Label information
I've come across a pretty weird issue with one of our registers regarding individual items on a product's label. Regardless of which format you choose in the label wizard, only the barcode is displayed. No description, lookup code, or price. The label looks correct on all of our other registers and systems. This was expected since the labels are stored and referenced in a single location. I've already checked the Administrator and confirmed that the label path is going to this location. From this register, if you open the Manager and pull up any of the label form...

"Save As" Missing in File Menu
When I go to my File menu, the "save as" option isn't there. It was there until recently. Any ideas? -z Matt, It would appear that the File menu has had that item deleted. To reset it, use menu View>Toolbars>Customize Select Worksheet Menu Bar at the bottom click Reset. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Matt Harvey" <zero@somethingsowrong.com> wrote in message news:3FC3B66A.70103@somethingsowrong.com... > When I go to my File menu, the "...

Variable ID in message map
I have a base dialog in one dll that is used by derived dialogs in other dlls. Currently, the base dialog uses some edit controls. In order to use resource pools from the other dlls, the derived classes (which have more controls) pass IDs of controls present in the base class, in the constructor. Now, I need to add a checkbox and a combobox to the base class. As for the other controls present in the base class, I tried to pass IDs for the boxes in the constructor or another function. However, I run into a problem when trying to use variable control IDs in the message map of the base cl...

STDOLE2.TLB missing
I installed Project 2010 for testing and after that, I can no longer in Project 2007, select Tools, Options, click on the Security tab the Macro Security. I get "The file "STDOLE2.TLB" cannot be found or contains a Visual Basic for Applications library that is not valid." Any help, THanks in advance Have you tried repairing your 2007 installation? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I installed Project 2010 for testing and after that, I can no longer > in Project 2007, select Tools, Options, click on the Security tab ...

How print preprinted certificate in appropriate spaces
I purchased preprinted certificates and don't want to handwrite all the certificates. How would I print it so that I can get it in Word in the appropriate spaces? The first tool you need is a ruler. You can then position text using Spacing Before or text boxes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MeiMei" <MeiMei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41E3E21C-7AE7-446F-B017-DA03DA4B5FB8@microsoft.com... >I purchased preprinted certificates and don't want to handwrite...

16th digit in the cell changes to a zero??
Our company uses a program that has some inventory items that are 16 numerical digits long. When I run an export to a csv file. I notice that after opening the file, all the cells that have skus which are 16 digits long, get changed to end with a zero instead of the real number. After some labored testing, I finally decided to try to manually input a sample number into excel and noticed that the 16th digit gets changed everytime to a zero. Is there a fix or way to keep this from happening? Thanks in advance for your help. Roman Excel's precision for numbers is 15 significant digit...

Identify Missing Time Ranges and create a record to account for it
Hello Everyone, I have a scheduling system currently in use that is working fine, but I have been asked to improve upon it to reduce the manual additions made by the scheduler. It is set up with a predetermined number of shifts that vary in start times and end times that are stored in a template table. When the user creates a new schedule for a day, it grabs the active schedules held in the template and appends it to the schedule for the day. The person administering the schedule then assigns the staff to the position and post the schedule. Works great, simple, and everyone was...

Missing reference when updating from Access 2003 to Access 2007
Hi all, I have a project that is written in Access 2003, now its time to update to Access 2007. Everything goes fine except for one object called OWC11.Spreadsheet.11, has this object been removed in Access 2007? Got some code attached to this object, so any help would be very appreciated. Best Regards, ...

How to have records with ID transferred to sheet ID
I have a sheet with raw records from a telkom company that lists the SIM card phone numbers, name of the user, SMS usage etc. Like this: Record# SIM# User SMSusage etc. 1 12345 Andrew 500 etc. 2 65432 Deborah 430 etc. 3 12355 Andrew 450 etc. How to have these records transferred to the new sheets, per name? So, on sheet Andrew: Record# SIM# (User) SMSusage etc. 1 12345 (Andrew) 500 etc. 2 12355 (Andrew) 450 etc. The amount of record# varies, also the amount of SIM# per user. Bart ...

Request for Microsoft reply: Default start page feature missing??
When you go Tools > Options > General Tab, there is no section to change the defual start page. When using the help function within the box "Set Personal Options Form" the very first help topic is "Set start page and view options" this clearly talks about a Default Pane. I was first alerted to the supposed availability of this feature in the book "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 by Mike Snyder Page 193. Does anyone else get this section in the General tab? Is it a bug in my installation? Did Microsoft leave it out? ---------------- This po...

event id 9320
Hello I am receiveing the following warning in the Application log fo our Exchange 2003 Server - OALGen could not generate full details for some entries in the offline address list for the list \AllUsers. I am having trouble finding any artciles on MS's site for this warning. Can this be ignored? Any feedback on this warning wouldbe greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark cLark Turn on diagnostics logging for MSExchangeSA | OAL Generator to find out why. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ----------------------------------- "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How I can get a missing file "SHLWAPI.dll"
I have dawn loaded the new explorer 8 at the installation a flag appers to tel me that the instalation can't be completed for the reason that the file SHLWAPI.dll was missing. What can I do?. Johnang, You need to repost your issue here... (and you probably want to mention which version of Windows you're on.) http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads This forum is for Microsoft Access a database software. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremo...

Bcc missing in Sent Items Folder
I cannot see who I put in the Bcc field in the Sent Items Folder. I have looked at the properties of the specific email and this field is not in there. If I open the email, the View>Cc & Bcc field is grayed out. The PC I have this problem on is using IMAP, I have a laptop using POP and it is not a problem. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Any assistance would be appreciated. The View CC & BCC being grayed out is the expected behavior if the message doesn't have either of those headers. Are you certain that you actually used BCC on that message? ...

Event ID: 1025 during a Mailbox move
Sometimes I am getting the following error while moving a mailbox. Event ID: 1025 Source: MsExchangeIS Mailbox Store Description: Failed to create the mailbox of OBJECT with error 0x50c. This happening on a Exchange 2003. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator ...

missing the menu bar
Office 2000 - Excel on a XP machine. The program runs fine but I have no menu bar. Tool bar exists. Someone must have change something but I don't know what. How can I restore the menu bar (File, Edit, View....) Thanks, Uzi 11-30-05 You are able to move the menu bar around.It's not sitting at the bottom, left or right of the screen? -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "uzidengineer" <uzib97@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1133375416.725387.262880@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Office 2000 - Excel on a XP machine. > The program runs fine but I have no m...

Missing default SMTP virtual server #2
I have a custumers SBS 2003 R2 box with an Exchange problem. There is no entry for the default SMTP virtual server, nor is there one with another name. No matter how I try to add one, it will not show up. I need to be able to change the default SMTP port. What do I have to do to get this to show up again? Thanks, Tony Riederer Professional PC's ...

Payment Missing, found some applied invoices in the table PM10200
Hi everyone, "Error! This document cannot be marked for voiding. It has been either partially applied or is on hold" shows above error to me when I tried to void transactions & also I can't able unapplied invoices because payment is missing. I unable to see the payment. But I found some applied invoices in the table PM10200 when I delete the invoices from there it becomes history. Just I want to delete this payment. How can I do this? can anybody help me to get resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance Hi, Please refer the KB Article :858373.It will be helpfull https:...