different interface for Catagories (native or via 3rd party app?)

Hi, I try to use categories with outlook to help me organize my billion
and one emails but i am finding it awkward. I am a huge del.icio.us
fan, and there are some things i like about their bookmarklet that
would really come in handy with outlook like the automatic suggestions,
the cloud of tags (that can be sorted by frequency of use or
alphanumeric). Is there a way to have a pane (or at the *Very*least*
resize the category window) that is alway open where i can quickly
select categories/tags.

I am looking for solutions either within outlook or some third party
adon/plugin that would give the categories more functionality. Is there
such thing out there or are there any chances planed for the next
release of outlook? Any suggestions or ideas would be thoroughly
appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

The next version of Outlook has many improvements with flagging and
categories but I am not sure that it will meet your needs - it certainly
will come a lot closer.  Stay tuned for a public Beta 2 this spring,
according to the latest microsoft rumors, and try it yourself (not on a
production machine, of course.)

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Gaikokujin Kyofusho asked:

| Hi, I try to use categories with outlook to help me organize my
| billion and one emails but i am finding it awkward. I am a huge
| del.icio.us fan, and there are some things i like about their
| bookmarklet that would really come in handy with outlook like the
| automatic suggestions, the cloud of tags (that can be sorted by
| frequency of use or alphanumeric). Is there a way to have a pane (or
| at the *Very*least* resize the category window) that is alway open
| where i can quickly select categories/tags.
|
| I am looking for solutions either within outlook or some third party
| adon/plugin that would give the categories more functionality. Is
| there such thing out there or are there any chances planed for the
| next release of outlook? Any suggestions or ideas would be thoroughly
| appreciated!
|
| Cheers
|
| -Gaiko

0
MillyS (3228)

help! What`s the difference
what is the difference between system customization and deployment manager as far as doing minor customizations? I was able to modify existing entities, add new fields to forms, etc via system customization, I also was able to create a new entity the same way. so my question is what would I create a new schema in deployment manager and then apply whatever changes I did in the db with system customization instead of doing it all through system customization. It would be helpful if somebody explains what a schema is, I`m new to all this. My guess is that a schema is a template you can app...

How to create list of differences
This is for an academic conference program I am working on. 1. After a "Call for Papers" I have an XL sheet containing 400 proposal submissions for the conference program arranged in columns of "Speaker Name", "title of Presentation", etc. 2. I also have a second XL sheet containing the 150 proposals that will be accepted into the conference program. It is a subset of the full list though it does not contain all the same columns. It does however contain the columns of "Speaker Name" and "title of Presentation". Other than doing it manua...

Copying the same cell from different sheets
I have a bunch of worksheets, each formatted identically. Let's say their names are "A" to "Z". I insert a new sheet and I want to examine the same cell from all sheets. Suppose there is a value representing annual expenses in cell D13 of each sheet. My new sheet might look something like this: Sheet Annual Expense A $100 B $150 C $200 etc. Is there a way to do this without having to enter the formula separately into each cell? It seems to me I saw somewhere a way to "build" a formula by stringing the components together. H...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Manager app freezing
Our CRM 3.0 server's Workflow Manager app started freezing up for no particular reason. No errors in the Event Log, the processor, memory, and hard drive are all nice and calm, and the only way to fix it is a complete reboot of the server. It's started happening more and more and the app is more or less no longer usable. Any thoughts on what to do other than a complete remove and rebuild of CRM on the machine? Thanks in advance for info. Brandon Vogel Network & Systems Manager Access International Software Corp. ...

mail merge difficulty-different language
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am going to merge a form letter with date in excel worksheet. I have no problem to create a merged letter. But as some data in the cells of excel worksheet are in Chinese, the merged letter failed to show Chinese but show some un-identified symbols. Can the problem be fixed? As far as I know, the converter that Word uses to get data from the Excel sheet does not preserve the Unicode encoding that you need. As long as you do not have more columns than Word allows, you may be better off selecting the da...

Create calculated query for time difference
Hi, In a list box i am displaying the request number and request date and time for a user after reteriving from table. i need to add one extra column which should display the ageing of the request by taking the difference between request date and time and current date/time. please tell me how this can be done. thanks, navin Hi Navin You could use a calculated column in the query the combo is based on Difference:DateDiff("d", TableName!FieldName,Date()) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "navin" wrote: > Hi, > > In a list box i am displaying the request num...

label differs by PC
here is a head scratcher.... Access2003.... have designed a Report for Avery labels on one PC....install the FE at another PC....and the label looks different... the difference is a specific label control is offset to the left alot...but what is really weird is that on the designing PC the text is all capitalized and on the other PC the text is justified with only a Capital on the first letter... I would not have thought the change in capitalization to be possible and have never seen such a thing.....anyone else?? I expect the issue might be with either the installed fo...

calling dll from c like app
I ma not sure if this is the appropriate group to post. If not please point me to the right group I have created a dll using c# from something like this using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Text.RegularExpressions; namespace IeString { public class ClassIeString { Regex myregexp; public int setRegexp(String argRegexp) .... From an application build from C with capability to access external function by means of declaring public FUNCTION int setRegexp(REF String argRegexp)...

HELP MATCHING PHONE NUMBERS ON VOTER LIST [combining lists from different sources]
I have two lists. one list is a contact list of voters that voted in all the past 5 elections. there are no phone numbers on this list (2226 records). the other list a list of voters in general in the area. this list includes telephone numbers (23,214 records). I got these lists from different people so 'John Smith' in list 1 doesn't have the same primary key as 'John Smith' in list 2. What I'd like to do is have a list with all the records from list one with the corresponding phone number from list 2. i can manually look up people's names and addresses and c...

Testing weB interface (MS-CDO)
-- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. Mail [DTS] UK. Yep. Back on -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message news:C71052D6-646A-4BFA-9C09-6EE75962E9EA@microsoft.com... > > -- > Regards Steve. > MS-MVP. Mail [DTS] UK. "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:epggYw5kKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Yep. Back on > Not quite true Peter, while the messages are appearin...

when an alias conflicts with a native command
the alias 'sc' (set-content) conflicts with the windows 'sc.exe' (service control) command. how can i use 'sc.exe' from the PS prompt? Do i have to supply the path name? You can use this also...obviously is not so short but works. $cm = Get-Command sc -CommandType Application & $cm "Chris Dent" <chris@noreply.null> wrote in message news:#hDRC7cyKHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Dan Holmes wrote: >> the alias 'sc' (set-content) conflicts with the windows 'sc.exe' (service >> control) command. how can ...

Formatting phone numbers in CRM via background service
I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get a whole lot of phone numbers formatted correctly in CRM. We have ~90,000 accounts and ~110,000 contacts in our database. Looking at the account and contact schemas, I'm seeing 24 fields that may need to be formatted: Account -telephone1 -telephone2 -telephone3 -fax -address1_telephone1 -address1_telephone2 -address1_telephone3 -address1_fax -address2_telephone1 -address2_telephone2 -address2_telephone3 -address2_fax Contact -telephone1 -telephone2 -telephone3 -fax -address1_telephone1 -address1_telephone2 -address1_telephone3 -addr...

Removing/deleting attachments via OWA?
(Not sure if this is the best group to ask this; apologies in advance if there is a more appropriate place.) Is there a way to delete an attachment from a received email via Outlook Web Access? I've tried a Mac and a PC, and both IE and Firefox, but can't seem to figure this out. (The usual Edit Message>(select attachment)>Delete bit works from Outlook directly.) Thanks in advance! You can block attachments: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555001/en-us Nue "HJ" <HJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD33EFF4-AA34-4AFF-8D69-37174CEB7BE9@mic...

CRM Not finding local server in the deployment app
The install went pretty well however when i run the deployment manager (which was a pain to even get going) and try to add a new user i get the following error. "the server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is not currently available, it is not a CRM server, or you do not have sufficent priveledges to access it. Please contact you sys admin(me)" I am running all on one box and when i test the connection to the DB it tect successfully. Using W2003 and SQL2K w SP3 and have installed the license. Good thing this is a test enviroment.. PLEASE HELP FOR WE WAN...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Print Preview Different than What I see in the Excel File
When I created an Excel file and inputed text data, it shows that it is within the column width in the file, but when I do a Print Preview, it shows that the text is not fitting in that cell and is cutting out. What should I do to make sure that the way I type the text and it shows in the file, is the same way it will show in print preview and also print the same way. ...

Cannot start Office 2004 with different product ids
Hi there, I have two PowerMac G4s on the same network both running Microsoft Office 2004 Student Teacher edition. Both have different product IDs. Computer A can run Office 2004 when Computer B is NOT running it. However, if Computer B is running it, Computer A CANNOT run it. But if Computer A is running it, Computer B CAN run it. They are both running 11.2. I get the error on Computer A that reads: Microsoft Office X cannot start because Microsoft Office X is already in use. An office program is being use by <Name>. Your installation exceeds the number of installations ...

Property Sheet 'like' interface
I'm not very experienced with windows or MFC. I would like to make a dialog that has some controls and an area that would act like a property sheet without the tab interface. I was wondering what the best way to do this is? What I need is a way to display the contents of a dialog inside an area of another dialog like a Property Sheet does. I could I suppose put all the controls for all the pages in the dialog and then hide and show the right ones but I would like a cleaner solution. Thanks for the help. The cleaner solution would be to create the inner dialog as a child dialog, cr...

fund info for different accounts #2
After going through the FAQ's at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ it stuck me: I have two accounts A and B which have some common funds (a,b,c) but the funds have different values because of the type of accounts. In money, to properly value my investment account, I think I'll have to add Ab, Ab, Ac, Ba, Bb, Bc and their corresponding values, right? ...

Documents created in WINDOWS WORD 2007 have different margins when opened in MAC WORD 2008

Native XML Support for Non-Managed C++ Code #2
Since XML is becoming so important in main stream programming, is there any possiblity that Microsoft would add native XML support to it's non-managed VC++ 7.1 development environment. It would be nice to have native MFC classes to access and manipulate XML similar to the functionality that is already available in .Net. It is a real pain for C++ programmers to use smart-pointers, VARIANTS, and/or building class wrappers for COM components just to be able to access this core programming functionality. Thanks, Bruce ...

Campaign e-mail via mail merge
Hi! In campaigns and quick campaigns if I select "e-mail" I am able to assign (and send) the e-mails as another user og queue. But when I select "e-mail via mail merge" to get better editing of the e-mails in Word I am unable to use this great functionality to assign (and send) the e-mails as another user og queue. Any possible workarounds? Addons? Please help, thank you! Pk Hello, Addon category: Word is not as perfect as it seems to be for email editing, that's the reason why we use a real html editor. Email may be assigned to any user/queue from our Bulk Se...

incompatible sending 2003 publisher file via 2007
I create a quarterly newsletter using Publisher 2003. Recently, my partner upgraded to Office 2007. She can no longer receive or send my file as sent to her. We need to be compatible for Publisher across both versions. Any suggestions? How are you sending? As an attachment? Publisher 2007 can open 2003 files and vice versa. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SM in Montclair" <SM in Montclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7DA767F-80F9-4243-AE1D-945CC551304F@microsoft.com... &g...

SMTP difference
What are the differences in SMTP function between non-mapi client and mapi client?! Any documentation?! On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:22:14 +0200, "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >What are the differences in SMTP function between non-mapi client and mapi >client?! >Any documentation?! > Mapi clients do not use SMTP to send email, if that is what you are asking. Right. Exchange Server does the SMTP sending, not the client. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleaseke...

Drag and Drop in MDI apps.
Hello all, I would like asked you on my following problem. I want implemented Drag and Drop operation between two TreeViews in CFormView in MDI application, but I don't know what I should do. Don't you now anybody some codes, projects or help for me. If it's possible write me steps it will be very fine. Thank you very much for each advise. Bye Petr ...