Dialing a contact: How do I set this up?

I have Outlook 2007 running on XP.

When I open a contact, there is a tool to "call" the contact.

How do I set up with my phone/modem to enable dialing a contact??

It's not in the help anywhere?

Barry Milliken

Outlook just uses the Windows dialer. If you don't know how to set up the
Windows dialer, you'll need to ask in the correct OS group. It's not an
Outlook issue.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have Outlook 2007 running on XP.
>
> When I open a contact, there is a tool to "call" the contact.
>
> How do I set up with my phone/modem to enable dialing a contact??
>
> It's not in the help anywhere?
>
> Barry Milliken

0
russval1 (2100)

The Settings button keeps disappearing
Hi, I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I access the site, I see all the buttons (Workplace, Sales, etc) except the Settings button. If I reboot, the button is back. My security role is system Admin. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks! Simon Are you running the Microsoft CRM Outlook Desktop client in parallel? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Simon Renshaw" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I > access the site, I s...

Public Folders: How to set up Auto-Reply in EX2003?
Hi guys, I've configured a public folder to receive mail from the Internet, and also set up an auto-reply rule using the Folder Assistant to reply when an e-mail is sent to the folder. The folder will auto-reply just fine if I e-mail it from within the Exchange organization, but if folks from the Internet e-mail the folder, it doesn't reply. Any ideas? Thanks! Jeff I ended up figuring out what the problem was. Just in case anyone else has this problem, what I needed to do to fix it was: - Open Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats - Right-c...

Setting .doc default to .doc, not .dox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How do i do this for all new documents? > How do i do this for all new documents? I meant .doc instead of .docx Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeform...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

Copying contacts?
Hi I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For some reason no success? I seam to copy a lot extra on top of Contacts and therefore cannot proceede to the end of the .pst import wizard. Are there instructions to do that? Thanks Kalevi Yes. Never export or import. Copy the Contacts into a PST file. Open that PST file in the other installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kalevi" <kale@woodworld.fi> wrote in message news:dpakkj$aru$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi... > Hi > I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For &...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

Preveting the business fax appearing as a contact
When I select a name to send an e-mail to, I type in part of the name, press Alt K and the contacts matching that partial name appears. Unfortunately, it gives me two choices for anyone with a fax number. I don't fax from e-mail. Short of modifying the details for hundreds of contacts, is there a way to turn off this "feature" so fax contacts aren't showing up? Thanks No. Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses. One method to hide fax numbers from the address b...

private contacts moved to GAL DL's
I have a user who has many DL's in her private contacts, she wants to make them public in the GAL, what is the best method for this? We are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. TIA, Nurv ...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

Setting up Exchange 2003
I had this problem the other day while extending the schema in preparation for an upgrade to Exchange 2003. I searched through a lot of databases and search engines, and found that a lot of people have had this problem, but none of the forums led to a clear cut answer to the issue. So, I thought I'd share my solution to try and help others out, and save them some time and frustration. I was ready to call Microsoft support right before I figured this out. While running forest prep (setup /forestprep), setup failed with Error code 0XC103798A. It then specified to check the Exchange inst...

adding same note to a group of contacts
As we know there is no histroy in CRm, can not see what has been done to contacts in past or what changes have been made. So if I whated to add the same note to a group of contacts such as : email jhfahf sent on afjak" how would I do it. Or is it just not possible. Alison, Well, you could mess with workflow and stubs do get a kludgy solution - or you could just buy VAST, the ISV add on that solves this problem, and shows you all of the historical change made to CRM! (Please excuse blatant sales pitch - but I don't get such a good leading question too often!) Dave ------...

Entourage not showing all contacts with MS/Exchange Online
Hi, I have a user who has over 2000 contacts being shown on Outlook Web Access, but when looking at the contacts folder in Entourage it only shows 419. She's reconfigured the application through the single sign on client and emptied the folder cache on her contacts folder. I see it downloading 2000+ but it still only shows 419 contacts. I've called MSOnline but they didn't have much help other than the steps I've taken. Anyone familiar with this type of issue, or familiar with MAC's in general? ...

Contact lists from Excel
I imported my contact list from Excel, it worked just fine. But when I create a Distro list using my contact list, when I select add members nothing shows up in the window. ??? Can someone please help? Is the contact folder marked as an address book? Right click on the folder, select properties and then ensure the Address Book tab is checked to show up in contacts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Jim Panzee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I impor...

Contact "Look for" won't bring up contact
Hi, we seem to have a groups of contacts that can only be located through an "Advanced Find" but not through the "Look for" finder. When they do come up in "Advanced Find" they're not editable. What could cause this? Thanks, Ken KPR, When you do a Quick Find (Look For) search in CRM, only Active CRM Records (records that have a Status of "Active") will be displayed in the Search Results view. When you search for records in the Advanced Find it will return all CRM Records (with a Status of Active and Inactive). It appears that all of the con...

Set Application Page permissions in WSS 3.0
Example: Using the HelpDesk template, how can I apply permissions to Service Rep and Mgr Home pages? TIA! -JS ...

What security setting is it that allows a user to change
Hi, What is the security setting that allows a user to change a Great Plains Form thus creating a forms.dic file on the server? We are using Great Plains 7.5, citrix servers on windows 2000. I am not sure the security is in Great Plains, it is probably on the citrix box but I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Connie Connie You can turn off access to the Modifier using either standard security (Setup >> System >> Security), or Advanced Security (Setup >> System >> Advanced Security). I would use Advanced Security as it is a more po...

Lock sets of cells in a row and sort by date linked to each set
I have a set of qualifications linked to a name that need to be presented in a row A = Name B = Qual Type 1 C = Expiry Date (eg 29/01/12) D = Qual Type 2 E = Expiry Date (eg 17/12/12) F = Qual Type 3 G = Expiry Date (eg 25/06/11) H = Qual Type 4 (has no expiry date) I want to sort each qualification into 'date expiry' order keeping it connected to the relevant Qual Type. Therefore, I want Qual Type 3 with it's exipiry date to move into Column B & C, Qual Type 1 with it's exipiry date to move into Column D & E and Qual Type 2 with it's exipiry da...

CRM Contacts
I had a user complain about this issue, does an answer/explanation jump out at anyone? Had issue where CRM sent all CRM contacts into his personal Outlook (he has since deleted them and backed up his actual contacts from his Palm Pilot) Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net In one of the SFO folders, say Accounts, select Tools/Options. At the bottom of the screen the last section is titled "Create Microsoft CRM Items in my default Outlook folders". If you uncheck the Contacts box then next time you go offline contacts will not be copied from CRM down to Outlook contacts. T...

Setting row global row height in Publisher
I'm trying to set a global row height for a table in Publisher. The method used in Word doesn't work (Table>Table Properties>Row Tab, etc. These options aren't even available on the drop down menu. Why does this sort of thing have to be soooo different in Publisher? Because Publisher is a page layout program... Word is more suitable for documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Box" <Box@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75E3941B-961F-486C-9010-FEBE566FC800@microso...

Setting Up AOL account in Windows Mail for AOL.com account
I wish to configure my E-Mail Account into Windows Mail for AOL.com account.I wish to know the correct IMAP/POP3 and SMTP details etc. AOL would have that info. These instructions for OE will work for Windows Mail... http://www.postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "sudhirbanerjee@aol.com" <sudhirbanerjee@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F022D246-F34F-43F0-B732-477E9EE042C6@microsoft.com... > I wish to configure my E-Mail Account into Windows Mail...

Outlook Client
Hi Is there a way to lockdown the settings on the Synchronize tab (under the CRM | Options menu) so users cannot change them? In particular the options which specify what entities get synchonized from CRM to Outlook. TJ Hi, Unfortunately I don't think you can do this - at least not unless you can do some programming that can do it. We are also hoping that this area will be improved, beacuse the way it works is just rubbish. It's just too cumbersome to modify/add filters from an admin point of view and it's not something the user should be able to mess with. I know that C...

Create Contact View with Tasks
Outlook 2000: Is it possible to create a CONTACT view that lists each task assigned to those contacts. Here is why I don't want to do it from inside tasks - I would like to print a list of all of my contacts and the tasks assigned to them, even those contacts that don't have tasks assigned to them - that way I can catch any contacts that we havn't assigned a task to. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help!!! ...

Set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for the user!
Dear All: how to set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for the user! thanks Out of Office is a client-side function...I don't know anyway it can be set except thru Outlook or OWA (2003)... "Jazz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aee01c495bb$772d7fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > how to set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for > the user! > > thanks This is true - its client side. However, you must set your Exchange server to allow this. Otherwise it won't work. Best of luck. Dr. Sys >---...