Desktop Search & Outlook 2007

Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have the
Desktop Search installed and not have it taking up space on the Task Bar?

0
Chuck

if you mean that window on the left side yes, right click the task bar and I
think you can turn it off from the toolbars menu. The little icon on the
right will remain running and you can use that to open the search

Bill

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have
> the Desktop Search installed and not have it taking up space on the Task
> Bar?

Bill,

I meant the one that appears just to the left of the clock...
"Bill" <dontwriteme@home.com> wrote in message
> if you mean that window on the left side yes, right click the task bar and
> I think you can turn it off from the toolbars menu. The little icon on the
> right will remain running and you can use that to open the search
>
> Bill
>

> "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
>> Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have
>> the Desktop Search installed and not have it taking up space on the Task
>> Bar?

0
Chuck
2/9/2007 4:49:45 PM
Sorry, I read your message incorrectly. I have turned it off. Thanks.
"Bill" <dontwriteme@home.com> wrote in message
> if you mean that window on the left side yes, right click the task bar and
> I think you can turn it off from the toolbars menu. The little icon on the
> right will remain running and you can use that to open the search
>
> Bill
>

> "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
>> Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have
>> the Desktop Search installed and not have it taking up space on the Task
>> Bar?

0
Chuck
2/9/2007 4:50:56 PM
Pleasure...the window was bugging me as well..:-)