Desktop Alert Settings

Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all folders
including the default folder 'Inbox' ?
Using Outlook 2003

0
anonymous1 (43)

See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
-Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003

-----
"Vik" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all
> folders including the default folder 'Inbox' ?
> Using Outlook 2003

0
Roady

Cleaning registry of Money 2004 settings.
I've been using the Trial version of Money 2004 for the last couple weeks to see if it was worth switching to (from Q02). Today I decided it was not worth switching and removed it from my machine. After doing so, I looked in the registry and it appears Money has left many registry entries. Is there a tool that will go through and delete the registry entries that Money left behind? Thanks, Jeff ...

How do I set Excel cell format to "Text" from VB.NET?
I am creating an Excel workbook using VB.NET, and have run into a problem. Excel at times insists on reformatting data that I enter into cells, e.g., converting "01234" to "1234", and this screws me up when I need to read the data back. When I run into this problem using Excel interactively I simply change the cell Number format from "General" to "Text", but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this using VB.NET. Here is a code sample: Dim wb as Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook [...workbook is created...] Dim style as Microsoft...

Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with it. Bill Kalbo Looks like Google says.... http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "!kalboBill" <billkalbo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:B989476B-D99F-4DB4-89DB-3A43218427DB@microsoft.com... > Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop > 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with ...

graph to show correlation btwn two data sets of different ranges.
I have variables a,b,&c for items 1-5. The range for these variables is 100-1000. There is a fourth varibale (d) that ranges from 1-12. I want to show in 1 graph that changes in variables a,b,&c are directly correlated to variable d. Here's what I am thinking: 1. Create a column graph for variables a,b,&c with the y axis label listed on the left. 2. Add a line graph of variable d with the y axis label on the right. Problem: - I have no idea how to add the line graph over the bar graphs. - I can't for the life of me figure out how to move the y axis label to the right side...

.xps file unable to read due to security setting
I created a Word 2007 & Publisher file and saved it as an .xps file. I emailed it to myself using Outlook Express. I was NOT able to open up the file due to a security setting problem. I have contacted MS support (Word) and Publisher. No one could find an answer. Any suggestions. The error message comes up under IE7. Have you tried to open the file with IE? A download Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b8dcffdd-e3a5-44cc-8021-7649fd37ffee&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

Created database set security now won't let me in
I have created a rather simple database. I set up user and group security. I was in Access for hours yesterday with no problem. This morning I try to get in and it says I do not have permissions to contact administrator or creator to give permissions. Is there a way to get in and remove the security settings I placed so I don't have this issue? On Jan 16, 10:18=A0am, p-rat <osupr...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have created a rather simple database. I set up user and group > security. I was in Access for hours yesterday with no problem. This > morning I try to get in and it says I...

Anti-spam
I am sure that I can set-up a good junk mail rules if I can get Outlook to look into the html of the message for the existence of either tables or images. Especially large images. Is there a way to configure Outlook's email rules to do this? What version of OL? I believe versions upto OL2K, rules do not work on html msgs David "Jo" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message news:c7v1jvkjlq1850hpi7c41olpjtat5i19td@4ax.com... > I am sure that I can set-up a good junk mail rules if I can get > Outlook to look into the html of the message for the exi...

With IE8, Icon Images of Desktop Shortcuts Have White Borders
Just installed IE8 on desktop pc. However, now the icon image size of 95% of each of my desktop shortcuts has shrunk and each icon image is surrounded by a white border. Never had this problem with IE7. Tried to fix by deleting temporary internet files and the “IconCachedb” file, and by tinkering with the icon sizes in “Appearance Settings – Advanced Appearance” (adjusting icon size from 45 to max of 72). None of these fixes solved the issue. (Running Vista Ultimate SP2, with 2GB memory; NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE display adapter with 1GB graphics memory; HP f1905 LCD monitor...

tick box, how to set up
Hi can anyone explain (if possible) how to set up a tick box? I would like to left cliick on the mouse in a cell (to put tick in) and then use this tick in a IF statement on another. Thnaks again Matt Hi! Here's some code by Bob Phillips and tweaked by Dave Peterson that does what you want: This procedure let's you click on a cell in a range (defined in the code) and places a "checkmark" in that cell. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myHeight As Double Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo sub_exit...

How to set the Calendar control's background as transaparent?
Hi all, I have Access 2003. Question: I have a form and a calendar control on it. I set the Picture property of the form to a jpeg file. But I can't seem to set the calendar control's background to transparent. I simply would like to have the calendar control's background to be transparent so that I can see the picture, ie, the picture from the form's Picture property. Any way I can do that? Thanks, Ben Not if you're talking about an ActiveX Calendar control. You could maybe do this with a form-based calendar such as Allen Browne's http://...

Saving Workbook in 'All Users'; 'Desktop'
I've save a workbook that all users need to keep updated in the above location. Seems to work OK except that every time the workbook is saved, a new copy with the 'File Type' of 'File' is also saved to this location. The filename is system generated and opens in Excel. Does anyone have any idea why this happens and/or how to prevent it. Thanks. When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). (Since it doesn't have an extension, you'll see "file of type: File".) If the save is successful...

Remote Desktop with server 2008
I have a server running 2008 standard. The server is for an application that a few users will log on and run the program. there will be no more than 4 users at a time connecting. Can this be done and do I need to make any modifications to the terminal server as they will be connecting by way of Remote Desktop? Thanks Remote Desktop Services *is* Terminal Serivces (old name - new name) You have to actually install Terminal Services and then have to install The Licensing Services (like maybe on the DC or another Server). I don't recommend installing the License Serv...

ASP.NET C# code behind call javascript alert then execute next lin
Hello Community Using ASP.NET, C# and SQLServer code behind checks whether data is entered into textbox. If data was entered into a textbox then the next line of code executes. If data was not entered into a textbox then I want to call a javascript alert from the code behind that tells the user to enter data into the textbox then executes the next line of code in the code behind. I can use Response.Write to do that but it is not acceptable in this case because the alert must appear on the same page. How can I call a javascript alert from within m...

Setting a button caption to bold
Hi All, In VB6 and VB/C++.net I can select a button on a form and change the font property to bold. Is there a way to do the same with VC++6? Regards Colin You can use the class CFont and the function CWnd::SetFont, like the code block below: //---------------------------- CFont font; font.CreateFont(0, 0, 0, 0, FW_BOLD, 0, 0, 0, ANSI_CHARSET, OUT_STROKE_PRECIS, CLIP_STROKE_PRECIS, DRAFT_QUALITY, VARIABLE_PITCH | FF_SWISS, _T("Arial")); m_wndButton.SetFont(&font); //---------------------------- just a simply example "Col" <usesmob@hotmail.com> w...

Creating a Form Desktop Shortcut to ACCDE
I can simply drag and drop the form from the ACCDB and get a .maf file on my desktop that works fine, but this appears to not be allowed from an ACCDE file. I can do this with any of the queries in the ACCDE file. Is there a way around this? I simply want my users to be able to double-click the form shortcut to launch the appropriate form. ...

Inventory set up
I am new to CRM (sort of). I am interfacing CRM with an external accounting package. I have completed the customer integration and am starting on the inventory side. I went to the product page and there isn't a "new product" button so I can see the initial screen. Am I missing something, or is this normal? Do I have to manage inventory external of CRM? Thanks, Mark You manage the products from the CRM web UI by going to Home > Settings > Product Catalog. From here you can enter products and price lists. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "mark@m...

Server Timeout Settings
I am having trouble sending a large attachment. I am trying to increase the server timeout settings from the default 1 minute to 10 minutes, but every time I do this, Outlook doesn't save the setting or change the value. Every time I check again, it is back to 1 minute!! Anybody know how to overcome this? I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro SP2. Fec Do you have any internet security product installed that can scan outbound e-mail? If yes, you may have to disable this. You also might want to double check your connection since an earlier post this month indicated that those that u...

Text settings in Publisher and Word
When I type (insert text) into Publisher and Word, the typing appears on my monitor in a very light gray color which is very difficult to see. I have checked the font color settings, etc., but cannot figure out how to make my typing appear on my screen as it should ...in black type. What kind of monitor do you have? Might try ClearType, it can help enormously if you have a LCD monitor... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sally" <S...

Exporting Specification sets in FRX
I'm attempting to export my FRX 6.5 specification sets and am having issues. When I attempt to export any .F32, it shows that there are no Catalogs in the file. I've tried just about every .F32 file on my server and haven't found my reports. Am I going about this process wrong? I'm just going in to FRX, clicking on company and going to specification sets. Then I set the location text box to the proper F32 file. Any clues would be much appreciated! Jeff, I'm not sure if you can't find a report to export, or if once you export the file, you can't find it to imp...

I want to set a variable for 30 days
Hello what i want is that, I am making application that should be valid only for thity days Can any one Help me out how to do that Plz reply me soon thanks in advance meenal meenal a �crit : > Hello what i want is that, I am making application that should be valid > only for thity days > Can any one Help me out how to do that > Plz reply me soon > thanks in advance > meenal > You can try this: http://www.ionworx.net/IceLicense.html Would it work to #define the date you want to start in a resource header, and then on construction or initialization, check whether it&#...

Delete whole set of GL accounts
Hi, Anybody know, are there any way to delete whole set of GL accounts for one department without delete account one by one? We have two departments, the formate of GL accounts for these two departments are xxxxx-xx-10 and xxxxx-xx-99. I want to delete all the accounts with formte of xxxxx-xx-99. Thank you! -- Lucy Cards -> Financial -> Mass Modify has a delete option -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Sunstream" wrot...

Set focus on controls of modeless form
When I initially load my modeless form, the input focus usually begins on my first textbox control (or any other control). However, if you click on the spreadsheet, then click back to the modeless control, the input focus is lost (ie. not set on any control). How can I set the input focus back on Textbox1 if someone clicks on the spreadsheet and then clicks back to the modeless form??? I already tried the following code, but it doesnt work: Private Sub UserForm_Activate() UserForm1.TextBox1.SetFocus End Sub Hi Robert, I don't know ...

setting a floating decimel point
I am a new user of excel. I'd like to set a column so the entry sets a decimel point for a money entry. I'd like to enter 12345 and have it show up as 123.45 I'd really appreciate it if the instructions were step-by-step. Thanks. If you want all values to work that way, choose Tools/Options/Edit and check the Fixed decimal places, and enter 2 in the box. I you want just the one column, right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code. Paste this into the window that opens: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If ...

XSLT Extension Objects and Node Sets