Design the Contact Form

Hi,
I want to add a few fields to the standard Contacts form.  When I
select Design this Form it flickers and I end up looking at a basic
version of some kind.  I am using Office 2010 so I'm not sure why this
happens.  Pointers most welcome.  Also I too end up with the sticky
note icon and not a contacts icon for new contacts using this form.

P.S. I can now add that I think it might be the differences between
Forms 2.0 controls and Outlook controls.  I have added all the Outlook
controls to my Control Toolbox but still no joy...
0
james4110 (2)

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Forms 07-27-07
Hi, A VB Code is used that has the following line: Me.Visible = False (Me refers to the forms names frmBirthsearch) After this line a second form (form2) is opned based on a query that reads two dates from the frmBirthsearch using the line code: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmBirthdates", acViewNormal at this point frmbearthsearh is hidden. What command shold I add after this in order to close the frmbirthsearch? ...

Forms & Worksheets
I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is this possible Charlene, Setup you data in ordered columns, with headings in row 1, then menu Data>Form. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Charlene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8A03DD4-85DB-4F80-B94A-C568FB95531E@microsoft.com... > I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is th...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Lost Emails & Contacts
I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information. We're on a Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles. I moved the system from one desk to another and after rebooting the machine all the information is gone. It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created a duplicate profile. If I try to change which address book it shows two different ones call contacts. One of them has her contacts and the other is empty. When you click contacts on the main screen it will not show the profile that has the information. Also, all of the email folders are gone and are reset back t...

forms and column lengths
Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the row above?? Hi there's n o bulit-in feature for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1D2CAAD-C4E9-492A-ADF4-CBDB659514A3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row > when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the > row > above?? ...

rescuing public contacts
If exchange server is down is there a way of recovering the public contact list? no...if it's a contacts folder in Public folders (or in a mailbox), it cannot be accessed if the store is dismounted/down...unless you invest in something like Ontrack's PowerControls... "mando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2104201c45a11$a7f87b80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If exchange server is down is there a way of recovering > the public contact list? ...

Trying to Create a pop-up form
Due to size limitations on my main form, I am trying to create a form that, when I select a button, it pops up like a dialog box with the main form, Frm_Escheat, in the background I've created a qry which is the record source on my pop-up form. In the criteria of the query is: [Forms]![Frm_Escheat]![statecode] where [statecode] is the field from the Master Form. So, my "pop-up" form is activated when I select the button, but my problem is that it just goes to the pop-up form without the main form showing in the background. Thanks for your help. It would probably hel...

Enable/Disable a Form Control Based on Security Group Permissions
How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user’s security group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a form (call it box1), I want box1 to be enabled if the user who opened Access is a member of a security group called “Breaker Test Admin.” For members of any other group (except of course “Admins”), box1 should be disabled. Thank you, for your help! On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:57:13 GMT, "BenS" <u35527@uwe> wrote: >How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user�s security >group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a ...

Auto Fill a Textbox in Form
What is the simplest way to auto fill a textbox (in a form) with the maximum values of more than one field in the last record entered, in the same table? Can the =DMax function be used for this? I have tried =DMax(“[field_1]”, “[field_2]”, “[field_3]” , “table_1”)+1, but this doesn’t work. Is something like this possible with two or more feilds with DMax? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com See MinOfList() and MaxOfList() here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-09.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allen...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

Calling a webservice with parameter from contacts
Hi, I would like to call a webservice when i am in a contact form (I made an icon in the left bar to launch it) ; my problem is to get an information from the form to be verified in the webservice : how can i pass the parameters? (I am not yet a great developper in .net...) Thanks for your help this line of course in C# will get you the id of the object calling the code string id=Request.Params["oId"]; -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "B. Guillout" <BGuillout@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Adding GAL users into a custom form
Hi, I have created a custom form, and am required to add a series of approvers. What I am trying to achieve is: * Add users from my GAL into a text field, so that when the form is sent, they do not get initially CC'ed the form. Is this achievable, and if so, how do I do it (if you could help by including any appropriate code, that would be great). Regards, Rick ...

Large Volume of Contacts
Hi we're looking at MSCRM's capability to handle large volume of information. Roughly 20 million contact records and on the average half of these would have an average of 3 new activities associated per week.. Given that hardware won't be too much of a problem, how would performance and response time of the product be affected? You could run into some performance issues unless you are really careful about how you set sharings etc in V1.2. There is a couple of index changes and other locking related changes that would need to be made too. The sharing is important as it wil...

User Form Formula ?
Hi On a user form I have 2 Text Boxes in which to enter cash figures Excluding TAX - on the worksheet these 2 figures enter columns E & G - in column K I have the formula =IF(SUM(E3+G3)=0"", SUM(E3+G3)*17.5% - If I create a new Text Box on the user form could it generate the Tax as the formula above and then on clicking Add Iformation Button it would enter column K thus doing away with the formula in column K on the worksheet which is sometimes altered by mistake. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully Yes, you could add TextBox3.Text = Format(CStr((Val(Tex...

How to change form detail section height?
Hi All, This ought to be simple, but it's stumping me. I have a form (Access 2002) with a form header and footer and detail section. I have a combobox and label I want to have appear and disappear based on the setting of a check box. I also want the detail section to shorten up when I hide the controls. When hiding the controls, I set their 'Visible' properties to False, then set their 'Top' properties to 0 to get them out of the area to be shrunk. Finally, I set the detail section's 'Height' property to a smaller value. To bring them bac...

Desperate! Need Contact in Day-Timer transfered to Outlook 2003
Please, there must be a way! I've been reading and trying everything! Everytime I come to some impassible stumbling block. I know a little, but am far from techy. If someone out there has/had Day-Timer Organizer v. 3.95 and successfully transfered the contact data into their Outlook 2003 Contacts or even better their BCM Contacts, please tell me how! Please?! what formats does daytimer support for exporting? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

Form Problem 01-07-08
I have a form setup with several items bound to certain fields in the database. How do I stop my form from adding a new record each time the form opens. I only want the record saved when the user hits the save button. Hi, on the form's data tab on the property sheet, set the Data Entry property to No. Jeanette Cunningham "CribbsStyle" <cribbsstyle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:48c1d1e7-0e2f-4819-b30b-da5e4fe5cbc8@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I have a form setup with several items bound to certain fields in the > database. How do I stop my form from adding...

Change contacts to another user
Is there an easy way to change the ownership of a contact from one user to the next? I have a long list of zip codes that need each contact associated with each zip code assigned to another user. What's the most efficient way to assign large quantities of contacts to another person? Thanks -- ~ Armando Saiz Marketing / IT Services Global Design, Inc asaiz@GlobalDesign.net .... An Innovative Agency To change ownership you have to assign the record to another crm user. You could use the advanced find tool to search for all accounts with a certain zip code, select them all and ass...

HTML email forms reformat to plain text
I use Outlook 2000 in IMO mode. I am attempting to save email messages as forms using the Forms/Publish Form As process...publishing the forms to the Personal Forms Library. The email message forms are composed and published in HTML format. But, when I open them they are converted to Plain Text. Any thoughts/solutions?!? Thanks. ...