denial of access to sent pdf files

I don't know if this is the correct forum.  I have Outlook
Express.  Why can't I access a pdf document sent to me
when I have Acrobat Reader installed?  The message
suggests that each pdf attachment I receive is "unsafe."
What's going on?
0
anonymous (74722)

Tools, Options, SEcurity. Uncheck the box marked "don't allow
attachments..."

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Lee Calem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't know if this is the correct forum.  I have Outlook
> Express.  Why can't I access a pdf document sent to me
> when I have Acrobat Reader installed?  The message
> suggests that each pdf attachment I receive is "unsafe."
> What's going on?

0
patriciac (522)

Sent Mail Question
I'm new to CRM 1.2 so patience please. It appears that if I send a mail message to a Contact that I have in an Account in CRM 1.2 that the only record of that activity lies within CRM. Looking in my Sent Mail folder I find no record of the action. Environment: SBS 2003 Exch Svr 6.5.7226 (SP1) XP-Pro desktop I send the mail within the CRMweb site as an Activity associated with a Contact. The sent mail appears in the Contact's History but for some reason MS elected not to order these by Date (at least not that I can figure out). More importantly to me, I have no single screen showi...

Writing Data to an External File
Hello all, I have an Excel file (userfile.xls) that users make a copy and use it to make analysis. I want to track who uses it and the date that uses the file. I need some help with the code, and the code will be part of Workbook_Open code and will execute when the userfile.xls file is opened. I am looking for the code that will put the username in Cell A1 of Sheet1 in the userfile.xls file. Then it will populate the username and the date (e.g. now()) into an external Excel tracking file (trackfile.xls) under columns A and B for username and date, respectively. If C...

Linking to CSV text files is it safe
Hi If I link to a CSV ( comma seperated value) file does access think of this as a table with records and behave the same way. I was wondering what would happen if you had say 5000 records in a text file and each record had 50 fields Would it be slower than if the 5000 records were in an Access Table. Can anybody give me some info on problems or limits on this type of action. An example of potential problem maybe and could be if the computer over writes the text file with updated data while the database is reading records from it. Any comments most welcome Steve - From a land down under ...

English Email Headers in german Outlook Web Access 2003
Good day, has anybody an idea how to set english email headers in a german outlook web access (exchange 2003, windows 2003)? I must have RE: and FW: in my answer and forward emails instead of AW: and WG:. By now OWA detects the regional settings of the client (german) and offers the german interface including the german email headers. I still would like OWA to detect the regional settings but to use the english email headers in answers and forwardings. Any suggestions? Joerg ...

How do I make it stop asking "This file was created..."
Hello all, I have a situation where the client is using Office 97. One of our team used 2000 or later to work on the application. I have 97 loaded at home. Every time I save it it warns about the features that may be lost. How do I save it so that when we deliver it it does not continually trouble the client with this message? Thank You, -plh -- I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here! Don't save a 97. Just SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "plh" <plh_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:e2de7l02lhk@drn.newsguy.com....

Issue with While loop and Access 2007 datasheet
Hello Guys, I have modified the order details form in Northwind 2007 and I am having an issue I hope you can help me with. It is a form with a dataaheet that you use to enter line items into a transaction. Each row contains the fields ITEMNAME, QUANTITY PRICE, DISCOUNT, SUBTOTAL, BENEFIT TYPE. Each line item in a transaction should be assigned to a particular benefit type. I have a piece of code that goes through the data sheet and checks to make sure that the benefit type field is not empty. The problem I am having is that if I enter 3 items and dont put a benefit type for any ...

Helix Express 3.5 (Mac) --> MS Access?
I have a relative who runs a tiny biz using Helix Express 3.5 on a Mac (www.helixtech.com). I'd like to explore the option of moving her to Access under Windows, but the database contains not only data but also forms. It's an odd database though. I can't even see how one accesses the underlying tables of data. She had the database custom developed for her many, many years ago, and only interacts with it through various forms, which enable her to enter data on customers and services, and produce custom reports, mailing labels, form letters, etc. Her needs are rather modest, but she...

floppy not accessible in a drive #2
I've been having trouble with "A" drive in Excel. I put in the disc to update it with information and it will not retrieve any material previously put on the disc and indicates "a drive not accessible - may be formatted for macintosh"...then everything n my disc is gone and i can't access the "A" drive anymore. What is happening here....what am I doing wrong.? L. Findlay First, it's not a good idea to work directly off a floppy. Better to use windows explorer to copy to your local harddrive, work on it there, then use windows explorer to copy ...

Access to more than one business unit
We have 4 business units attached to the top level unit. I have a user who needs access to 2 business units. I don't want to put him on the top level unit as it will give him access to all 4 business unit data and I don't want to share the second business unit's record for what I know it only share the records one off means the new records that will be added won't be shared. Is there a way around to this issue? Thanks Jas ...

External Global Address List (LDAP) access
We have some Macintosh Entourage users here that would like to be able to access the Global Address List from off site. From what I've read and understand, this requires opening up port 3268 to a server with a Global Catalog (i.e. a DC). This seems like a Bad Idea. Is there any other way of doing this (short of a full VPN)? It is a bad idea. You are opening your AD environment to the world. There are 3rd party products that could expose this via the web. http://www.webactivedirectory.com/ Nue "Aaron" <Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu> wrote in message news:1146163391.410609.13...

How do I change the default # of copies to 1 in a specific file?
I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies instead of 1. How can I change this default back for this file only? Thank you! You might find something under Page Setup, Options. This varies with the printer driver but in my case I found the copies controlled under Advanced options for my driver. -- Jim "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844371DA-E283-4D3D-ADFB-8A53B098C496@microsoft.com... |I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies | instead of 1. How can I change this default...

Can't access global access list
Hi, We are in the process of migrating from exchange 5.5 to 2003. We installed the exchange 2003 onto the same 5.5 site and are manually moving the users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003. for some reason, the people who are on the exchange 2003 can not access the global access list. Does anyone know the solutions to this? what do you mean by "cannot access"? when they select it in Outlook, what happens? do they just not see any entries, or is there an error? do you have the ADC installed and running? "It" <It@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5E9...

Excel and Access talking
Basically I am wondering how I can get excel macros to call access macros or vice versa. Specifically I am looking for a way to have a macro built that can liase between Excel and Access. Ultimately I would like to have a macro that populates a data sheet in Excel (by pulling data from multiple Excel files), opens Access and runs the Access macro that pulls the aforementioned Excel sheet. An alternative would be to have an Access macro that opens up multiple Excel docs, runs certain functions within those workbooks and then enacts the Access macro. ...

OWA (Outlook Web Access)-Please assistas
On Win98se pc's when a new e-mail comes in, a notify does not appeare even though it is set to show a notification when a new e-mail comes in. Any suggestions? ...

problems with the .bsc file
Hi, I have a project that has a strange behavior. I turned on both options "generate browse info" and "build browse info file" for this project. If I hit the F12 key for "Go to definition" over a variable, I get a dialog box telling me that "Browse information is not available for this project. Do you want your build setting altered (if necessary) and your project rebuilt to generate browse info?". After hitting "yes", sometimes another dialog box says "the project's .bsc ... cannot open file. File not found". And it ...

bringing a Publisher 2000 file into 2003
I brought in a file created in Publisher 2000 and the charts (pie, bar, etc.) now have values that are printing on top of each other, stretch as if justified (they aren't), and just look different. Same printer, font, size as before. Tried inserting as picture, same results. What do I need to do to get them looking like they were in 2000? I'm sure there is an explanation but I can't find it in help. Thanks in advance for any and all help. How large is the file? Can you send it to me so I can take a look? Is the text wrapping correctly? Select a picture, right-click, format p...

Open PDF Document
Hi All I need to open a simple PDF document from an Access Db. The document as general instruction on the things that should be entered into the Db. So I just need the user to be able to open the PDF which sits in the same location as the Db itself. We are using Office 2003 and Adobe 7. Everything I have tried so far either opens Adobe for a fraction of a second and then closes it again or fails completely. Thanks in advance Mike On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:20:34 +0100, Mike Green wrote: > Hi All > I need to open a simple PDF document from an Access Db. The document as > gen...

Access 2007 cant open an immediate window with a 2000 mdb
The local 2007 access machine i have can open the mdb modules and immediate window. However on a client site the same mdb will not open with their version of access 2007. Its not a user name issue we checked that and i installed all the vb6 stuff on the client site and still nothing. the odd thing is if you have the 2000 mde on the client site you can open an immediate window. So its just the mdb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:04:11 -0800 (PST), Tenrosei <tjmaxwelliv@gmail.com> wrote: >The local 2007 access machine i have can open the mdb mo...

Permissions set on Word files differ from other permissions
We have a peer-to-peer network in Windows XP Pro. On ONE of our computers, Word documents do not get the same permissions for sharing that all other files get, or that all files on all other computers get. As a result, we can't copy Word files from this one computer. That computer is set to give "Everyone" "Full Control"; yet the individual Word files keep getting set to NOT give "Everyone" "Full Control". Why would Word override the other security settings, and how can I make it stop? ...

Save & Save As features in file menu of Excel
The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dropdown menu are not highlighted in Excel 2003. How do i restore the capability to save my work in Excel. Only way I can do it now is to close the program and wait for a prompt to save the file. I double checked to see if any features were inadvertently disabled on the "About Microsoft Excel" help tab, nothing was listed. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Blue wrote: > The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dro...

How do I make a new mail list from sent mail?
I've read through many of the posts possibly related to this subject o OutlookForum. I read through my outlook manual and asked everyone know. I'm using Outlook 2000 and I'm not sure if it is even possible Does anyone know how to do this? Again, I'm trying to make a ne mailing list from my sent items. I'm attmepting to do a mail- out t all the people I've e-mailed over the past 3 months, about 700 member of my site. Any help would be greatly appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post use...

File details etc.
Hello, In windows explorer (XP) you can rightclick the columnbar for fileproperties and display things like: title, subject,owner etc. Which function can i use to write or read those file values ? I looked at MSDN and googled a lot , but could not find anything usefull. Please help. here's an article that'll help you. http://www.codeproject.com/file/SummInfoPropSetFile.asp -SM On 30 sep, 21:11, Seetharam <smi...@gmail.com> wrote: > here's an article that'll help you. > > http://www.codeproject.com/file/SummInfoPropSetFile.asp > > -SM Thanks! It w...

open pdf files in publisher
I have sent someone a zipped pdf document which I produced and which has been sent to others without problems. A new person however is receiving the message 'cannot open file.Not a publisher file.' The file I sent unzipped and they could read it, but I need to send a lot of larger files so need to zip them. They are using aol - which usually unzips automatically. What can be the problem Hope someone can help Hillobeans A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Hillobeans <Hillobeans@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have sent ...

!!!!error adding file to note, 80004005
Hi, currently we are getting an error trying to add and read a file from notes in every area in CRM. The errro was hard to find, but as it appeared the code of an error is 0x80004005. Trying to download on attach a file to note ends with information: "There was a problem trying to connect the CRM serwer. Serwer can be unavailable. Try again later or contact your administrator.". There is no problem in running a query on AnnotationBase, what we firstly though was the problem. Also files size is in upload limit of CRM. It seems that CRM has no access to some library, which is used to o...

Convert multiple XLS files to TXT
I need to convert hundreds of XLS files to TXT. I am aware of File/Save-as and I also tried written a macro. Neither solution is workable even the number of files I have to convert. Does Excel have a mass convert utility? One possibility is to loop through all the files and convert the extension from .xls to .txt. Try: Sub ChangeXLStoTXT() 'Based on some old code from me 'with modifications from Dave Peterson Dim MyFolder As String Dim NewName As String Dim i As Long MyFolder = "C:\Program Files\ztest" '<----Change Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Appli...