delivered email coming back undelivered

I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is
getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email
messages back from "System Administrator" that the email
was undeliverable.
Also when I would compose emails and got to my address
book some of the folders were not available or seem to
have changed locations.
At the same time I was having problems opening up
appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and
getting a message that the folder could not be found. When
I rebooted this went away.
I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up.
Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

RickyG wrote:
> I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is
> getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email
> messages back from "System Administrator" that the email
> was undeliverable.

Exact text of the NDR (nondelivery report)?

> Also when I would compose emails and got to my address
> book some of the folders were not available or seem to
> have changed locations.

Right click on your contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book,
and tick the box.

If you're seeing "ghosts" in your address book, go to the properties of your
Outlook Address Book service in Outlook (tools menu, but after that it
depends on your version of Outlook, which you haven't mentioned) and delete
everything referenced there - then go back to your contacts folder
properties & tick the outlook address book box.

> At the same time I was having problems opening up
> appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and
> getting a message that the folder could not be found. When
> I rebooted this went away.

Not sure what happened there.

> I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up.
> Any ideas?

0
lanwench (7567)

Can Turfed messages be delivered?
Running Exch 5.5SP4. Set up message filtering to stop some unwanted emails. But this also caught some legimate messages. Is there a way to cause or allow those selected emails to be delivered? Can this be done manually? If so, how? Thanks! ...

Possibly going back to MM 2004, any advice?
Ever since I got Money 2005 I have had some big concerns about this software. The bugs are so many and obvious that I really can't believe they released it this way. However, I am a pretty tolerant person and can put up with a lot so I kept using it (about 2 or 3 months now). I decided not to return within the 30 days because even if I don't use it I felt the free year subscription to Experian Credit Manager and Money magazine was worth it. I am now seriously thinking of going back to Money 2004 but was wondering if there was a less painful way than opening up the old file a...

Auto Archived emails lost
My boss has auto archiving set up on his laptop. He recently went into the archive folders to pull out some data that was there a week prior and discovered all of the folders were there but no emails remained. We are using Outlook 2003 and recently switched our email from one server to another. Could we have lost the actual emails in the move? Is there anyway to recover them? Any insight appreciated. Unless you kept your .pst files on a server, they are local and should not disappear irrespective of what server moves happened. Ensure that the archive.pst file is the only one. If yes,...

email hosting
I had exchange 2003, and wanted to set up email hosting. Any help or suggestion greatly appreciated microsoft.com has extensive documentation check www.microsoft.com/isp and http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/solutions/hostedmessagingexchange.mspx Also check response to earlier post ("Setting up a small exchange server for several businesses") earlier today. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Song Tan" <Song Tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2177C7D9-0126-49C4-B686-D7688A610F25@microsoft.com... >I had excha...

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

email duplicating
Hi Pals, In the personal folders that i've created for my friends boss etc, every mail that i receive gets duplicated multiple times. can anyone suggest a way out plz... Nikhil Deodikar wrote: > Hi Pals, > In the personal folders that i've created for my friends boss etc, every > mail that i receive gets duplicated multiple times. can anyone suggest a way > out plz... What does "my friends boss etc" actually mean? You indicate that you did something for a "friend" or your "friend's boss" or someone else yet then you c...

URL within email
I wish to be able to send an e mail with an active URL so that when the recipient recieves e mail they are taken to the web address once it is clicked. Currently I get an error message unable to open Http://*****.co.uk cannot locate internet sever. Helpfull information appreciated ...

Emailing Tracking Numbers
I have integrated a website with RMS. When orders come in, I make them a workorder and send a PO to the distributor that will ship the product. At the end of the day, the distrbutor sends me the tracking number. When I bring up the customers order and enter the tracking number, I then complete the transcation, then press Shift/Control/F8 to mark the order processed. Does this send the tracking number to the customer? If not, how can I do that with out going to Outlook and physically doing so? Bill, RMS does not send one. Sounds like a good idea though. Maybe add it to the sugge...

Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup
Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup. I have been asking to get emails from a users email box in exchange. This user was a part of the org. about 2yrs ago and is no longer in active directly. Also I need to restore this data in the lab, does anyone have any resources / info on how I should go about doing this? Any help would been good, thank you. On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:28:45 -0400, "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote: >Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup. > >I have been asking to get emails from a users email box in exchange...

Mail deliver to another similar domain
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2000 on my Windows 2000 server for my domain (say "ross.com"). On Internet, there is another similar domain name called "russ.com" owned by another one who is a home business owner. The problem is: Many of my customers sometimes intend to send emails to my company at someone@ross.com, but by mis-typing, they actually send to someone@russ.com. Unfortunately, the russ.com domain does have a email server, and my customers (or potential) can't realize their emails won't deliver to me. On the other hand, inside of my network, some of my em...

Display full email address in addition to Nickname
People I don't know send me emails using their nickname "John", etc. I'd like to have be able to see their full email address displayed in my INBOX instead of just their nickname, so I know which emails to delete without opening or having to press options and the email address of the sender. If I add the column "email" nothing happens. Is there a way to do this? ...

Forwarding incoming messages to an external email account
My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. I need to set their email accounts to automatically forward any received emails to their other address. As I can only forward to someone in the active directory how can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. eli silverman wrote: > My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals > that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. > I need to set their email accounts to automatically forwa...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

Undelivered mail #2
I'm getting a ton of incoming emial notifying me that my email message was undeliverable - problem is this is email that I have not sent. Typicl message is: Hi. Message from microsoft.net Undelivered mail to tkabtrzaoe@microsoft.net Message follows - Or some variation. I have checked repeatedly for viruses with the most up to date McAffee products. I have followed Microsoft recommendations for the proceedure to check for the mydoom virus (though this was occuring before that outbreak), and I don't open email from sources I don't know. I don't get this. My isp ...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

Backing up SBS 2008 premium
Hi I have a SBS 2008 premium installed on a VMWare ESXi server. We are looking to get the backups to tape as well as disk for this server, and right now i am doing backups with the internal windows backup software to a internal extra harddrive. The disk that is being used is formatted and handled of the backup software and this also means i do not actually have access to the disk as a logical drive for example. So i want to copy theese files to tape (on another backup server) and would like to get access to the backup files, how can i do this? is there a way of sharing the bac...

Outlook sends email to isp but no longer receives email.
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. The symptoms are strange. If there are no messages in the mailbox, the delivering window flashes on and off like it should. However, if there are messages delivering comes on and Trend PCcillin Internet Security comes on and says it is scanning incoming mail, but an Outlook error message comes up saying that some mes...

email charts
I have an excel workbook file containing many department sales charts that recieve data from a group of central data entry spreadsheets. Each department chart resides on its own sheet. Is there a way to email individual chart sheets (or snapshots of the chart sheet) to the respective departments without sending the entire parent file to all recipients? Thanks, Mnaut You could export the chart as a gif file, then email that file to the department. The following code creates a gif file from the active chart: '============================ Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filenam...

Monitoring Received and Sent Emails
As the owner of my company, I would like to have my IT Dpt monitor some people's emails (Received and Sent) to make sure that my customers who send in inquiry or questions are answered immediately. Before put in this request and without sounding stupid, I wanted to check if there is someone who knows if this can be done and how it can be accomplished without the knowledge of the people being monitored.Thanks in advance for your assistance. There is an option in exchange 2000 as well as 2003 to archive all emails sent and recieved by a storage group, this archive will be sent to a sep...

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

Can I Export Emails ?
Hello, Is there anyway to Export emails and use them on another computer?? or is the easiest way to just forward them via email? Doesn't seem right...I must be missing something.. Any info would be helpful.. thx Mike just copy your pst and import that on the other machine. <mkalavitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3ff101c3aac0$69e6c500$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there anyway to Export emails and use them on another > computer?? or is the easiest way to just forward them via > email? Doesn't seem right...I must be missing something.. > Any i...

Using outlook for email and outlook express for newsgroups
Hi I had outlook set up for my email messages and outlook express set up for reading newsgroups - now when I go to the newsgroups oe is automatically checking for email messages and downloading them - this never happened before and I think the only thing different is that I have installed a broadband modem and am waiting on freeserve activating my account - could something have happened to change this, and if so how do I change it back. Thanks Sharon "Sharon" <sharon@nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:c80adp$dva$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi > > I ha...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...