Deleting Public Folders

We have Exchange 2000 and have a public folder setup by a
user that is no longer with the company.  He was the only
one with owner permissions on this folder so he is the
only one that would have been allowed to delete it.
How do we delete it out of the exchange server?

Thanks.
0
mari.kook (1)

did you try logging in using the exchange system manager and changing the
permissions or deleting it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"mkook" <mari.kook@beltmann.com> wrote in message
> We have Exchange 2000 and have a public folder setup by a
> user that is no longer with the company.  He was the only
> one with owner permissions on this folder so he is the
> only one that would have been allowed to delete it.
> How do we delete it out of the exchange server?
>
> Thanks.

0
dianenws (1904)

Create Bulk Deletion Job in CRM 4
How can I create a bulk deletion job in the CRM 4 frontend without having the hassle of using the SDK. Thanks Roo; You cannot - SDK is the only way. recent post on the subject here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/11/13/leveraging-bulk-delete-jobs-to-manage-system-job-log-records.aspx Dave Ireland "Roo" <Roo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21C80B12-9A42-44B2-A996-5A63FA0E0AB8@microsoft.com... > How can I create a bulk deletion job in the CRM 4 frontend without having > the > hassle of using the SDK. > > Thanks Just for your in...

How do I allow users to edit a cell's contents, but prevent them from moving, cutting or deleting the cell?
I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them to clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words, be able to edit the cell). Any suggestions VERY welcome. TIA, Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com Dan E (removethis) wrote: > I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which > would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them to > clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other...

Cannot see public Folders
I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 and unable to view the Public Folders, can anyone specify what all rights need to be given in order that I can view the Public Folders. Thanks and Regards, Rajitha. from system manager, check the "client permissions" on pf, at least you need "folder visible" and "read items"... try to use roles instead custom permissions (reviewer, author, etc). "RAJITHA" <naparajitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122288435.530851.320670@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 200...

Outlook 2007
I have exactly the same problem as the original enquirer (in Outlook 2007 the check box to designate a contacts folder as an address book is dimmed) and I don't understand the responses (ie creating a new profile). I used a Belkin transfer kit to transfer my Outlook data from my XP to my new Vista laptop. Are there any (easier) options? The only "new profile" I can find relates to email addresses by changing the whole Vista structure oon my laptop and I don't understand what to do or what such a move might affect elswhere in my system. Create a new mail profile using ...

How to delete several resources at once
I added a group of resources from Active Directory which also created PWA accounts (good). Then I added another group from the Address Book, but no PWA accounts were created (now understand why), so I used Project Professional to edit the Enterprise Resource Pool to deactivate the accounts, using filters, sorting, etc. Then I went to PWA, Server Config, delete enterprise objects, resources and users, but there's no way to sort, nor filter the list of inactive users. Am I missing something?. How can I discrminate inactive resources?. I'm thinking on using RBS field to put ...

Deleted investments
After converting from Quicken to Money, a number of mutual funds were setup as Stocks. My only remedy was to setup another mutual fund with a smiilar name and go back to each transaction and chnage the investment. I then deleted the incorrect investments. I am now unable to rename the investments to their corrct name beacuase I get the following error "The name of symbol has already been used by a deleted investment. Please enter a different name". Does anyone have a resolution besides going back to Quicken????? THANKS!!! In microsoft.public.money, Brian Gilaptrick wrot...

Delete User Mailbox Exchanger Server 2003
I am trying to delete a user. We have just upgraded to SBS 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Exchange will not allow me to delete the mail box. I get the following error message:4/10/2004 9:08 AM ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- Remove user on date: Sat Apr 10 09:08:50 2004 User account name: LDAP://CN=Allen Olson,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=axiomre2,DC=loc al Home folder: \\SERVER2\Users\Allen Failed to delete user's quota with error [0x80070050]. This can occur if the user still has files on the server. The user account cou...

How to Delete fb_540.lck or Any LCK files?
WinXP user here. Trying to clear my temp files however cannot delete files with .lck extension. Says being used by another person or program. Seems these files are accumulating and can't be deleted. TIA shaka For good reason they are locked files! They are usually critical databases that programs will LOCK when in use so they don't get corrupt There are Many Programs that use this Extension http://www.file-extensions.org/lck-file-extension Depending on where you find them would be a good clue on what program is using them. If they are "GROWING" in a d...

New Contacts Field/Folder/Section
Hi, I have Outlook 2003. I would like to ask if it's possible to only view selected contacts when creating a new email? I would like to only see the contacts I have already set up in Outlook Express. I have a bunch of contacts in the contacts section of Outlook but I would like to only see about 20 or so contacts (that I choose) when creating a new email. Maybe this sounds ridiculous but I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks for any help Jay Create a view of your Contacts folder that shows only those 20 contacts, then when it's time to write the e-mail, switch to that vi...

Item Count Incorrect in Public Folders
Hi We have public folders set up for companies and contacts. After going in and creating a new company or contact the item count changes. You then go and search for a company and it says it's not there because the item count is wrong and only showing a fraction of the companies or contacts that are in the folder. You then have to exit out of Outlook 2000 and open it up again each time this happens. Applied the microsoft patch for this and it still does not fix the issue. Any ideas? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5pdGE=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:23842A16-2...

Recovering deleted files
Using MS Office 200 Premium Either Windows 2000 or XP. I have recently accidentally deleted all my files. I had my files recovered by a third party but now when I try to open my files I get the following error: Filename cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding The files were deleted over a 'network link' from another PC - can anyone help as to how these files can be made to open as normal. They show in the folders as MS excel files and have the excel 2000...

restore deleted portion
I somehow have caused a deletion of about 3 months of data from my Money 2000 program. When I tried to remedy the situation it loaded a different version and then of course copied that to the backup. What can I do to get these 3 months back? Hope it is not hopeless as it seems to me. This girl needs help! Unless you've got some other backups, i think it's slightly hopeless, sorry -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http...

Public folders w/ multiple addresses
I have a mail-enabled public folder with multiple email addresses, and I need to be able to determine through what email address was each email received. The only way I currently know of is to display "Options" on the message and see that in the "Internet Headers". Off course this can be workarounded by creating separate public folder for each address and then copy the emails to the target folder, but there must be some better solution to this. Thanks, George ...

delete sent item
Is there any way to delete sent items from a recipients mailbox? I have outlook express 6. Thanks!! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosof...

Why do i get multiple news feeds folders
I have been getting news feed folders in my outlook I delete them from outlook as well I go online and delete them from there howevevr they keep returning now I have 20 of these folders and they are all empty and always have been empty SpottedEagle wrote: > I have been getting news feed folders in my outlook I delete them from > outlook as well I go online and delete them from there howevevr they keep > returning now I have 20 of these folders and they are all empty and always > have been empty Tools-Account Settings-News Feed tab. Remove the accounts from there. ...

The store driver couldn't deliver the public folder replication messag
The store driver couldn't deliver the public folder replication message "Status Request (PublicFolderDatabase@domain.com )" because the following error occurred: The Active Directory user wasn't found.. I have tryed ADSI and looks to be OK -- KRR http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Save enterprise project files to folders on the server
Using MSProject2003ent Is it possible to save enterprise project files to sub-folders on the server? Right now I have a list of a couple hundred projects, when I perform a file/open I would like to have a few folders (i.e.: FY09 or FY10). Reuter You can't do subfolders, but you can group by Project level fields. It's been a long time since I opened 2003, but somewhere in the Open File dialogue, you should be able to Group or Filter by project metadata. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Using MSProject2003ent > > Is it p...

How do I delete a CC account without deleting....
Dear group, Thanks in advance for any help that you are able to give in this matter. I have just upgraded from 2004 to 2005 deluxe. Both my checking account and credit card account transferred over in the upgrade. The credit card account is now closed and I would like to delete it, not just close it. When I delete it, I get a screen saying that if I delete, it will delete all accounts from that one bank. My checking and CC account are labeled from the same bank so if I delete the CC, it will wipeout my checking account information aswell. I dont like my options here; closing the accoun...

Automatic deletions
I wonder if anybody has had a situation where e-mails seem to be automatically sent to the recycle bin without appearing in the inbox? These are not mails that appear in the junk mail list. It might be that I've accidently tagged them in some other way, but if that's the case I am unaware of it. There also seems to be no pattern to it. Sometimes a senders mail gets dumped, other times it doesn't. Has anybody got any ideas? Cheers, Chris Waite UK What version of Outlook and do you have rules configured or a spam-filter installed? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Micros...

Can I create shortcut toolbar buttons to e-mail sub folders?
I have a detailed subfolder structure in outlook. Instead of clicking down from one subfolder to the next, is there a way to create a toolbar button to jump to a specific outlook e-mail subfolder? thanks Sure - you can even create your own Outlook Bar Group to hold them (note that Outlook bar can only have 12 groups). Display your folders in folder tree view and pin it open. Then drag and drop your selected folders to the Outlook Bar and select Create Shortcut Here. You are done! -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having search...

cannot delete spreadsheet cells for an export
I keep getting this message saying "cannot delete spreadsheet cells" but i don't know why?? can anyone help me please?? my code below Sub exportspreadsheet() On Error GoTo HandleError Dim objXLApp As Object Set objXLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Dim objXLBook As Excel.Workbook Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = CurrentDb conPath = GetPath(db.Name) 'delete the spreadsheet Kill conPath & "temp_MonthlySalesReport" ' create a workbook from the template Set objXLApp = New...

Moving Folders Easily
Is there a way to move a mail folder without dragging and dropping. E.g, let's say I have hundreds of folders and want to move the "Alan Adams" folder into a folder called "Seldom Contacted People." Presently I drag the Alan Adams folder while my folder list scrolls along until I get to Seldom Contacted People. It takes a long time and the Alan Adams folder could accidentally drop into one of 100s of folders along the way. Note, I'm not asking how to move an item in in folder using "Move To." That's easy. I'm asking how I can easily m...

Exchange 2007 public folder question
Hello all Right now i have the public fodler DB setup in EX 2007. I would like to remove it, and use WSS. What is the process for this? I am running EX 2007 Beta 2 on 2003 R2 server, and i can see that WSS is built into R2. Can i use WSS, and if so can i install it on the same box that is the HUB MAILBOX and CA? Many thanks Hi Skip, Exchange 2007 Beta 2 does not have any integration with WSS. So you should be able to use WSS with or without Public folders on the server. From the standpoint of removing the public folder store the only requirement for that is that you only have Outl...

Deleting old items
Hi All, We have nearly 70,000 item codes out of which we have identified some 10,000 item codes which are not having any history or quantities. These are codes from the old legacy system which were not to be imported into RMS. Due to these unnecessary codes our reports including the stock count variance reports are slowed down. We would like to delete these unnecessary item codes from the RMS database so that we can speed up reports and keep the data base clean. Would really appreciate if you could let me know how we can go about this and the implications if any in doing such mass d...

Removing Exchsrvr Folder
Hi, I have un-installed Exchange 2000 from a Domain Controller. The Echsrvr and sub folders containing the Exchange database still reside on the server. Is it OK for me to move the 'Exchsrvr' folder to another server. I want to keep it for safe keeping. regards, PL3 Well, yep, if you uninstalled the Exchange server... BTW, there isn't much you can do with those databases now, and you are better of with a backup if you have one... -- "PL3" <plad22000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:8BE96F98-B74D-4AF0-B9A0-DFF9BF0C12BA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...