deleting mail on exit not working

hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items
folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to
slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option
keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem

thanks in advance

0
jjlopez45 (3)

Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com:

> hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items
> folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to
> slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option
> keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem
>

> thanks in advance

does other changes to the options stay? I think there is a problem with
your user-profile.
0
frank9209 (11)
9/7/2005 8:35:34 AM
yeah everything stays the same. how should i go about fixing this
problem?

0
jjlopez45 (3)
9/7/2005 5:10:23 PM
any help?

0
jjlopez45 (3)

Can indirect() work using closed external files??
Workbook A has a cell that gets data from workbook B as an external link. It does this using the indirect function because it needs to concatenate the path and filename from other cells. Problem is that if workbook B is closed, the cell in workbook A shows #REF!. So can indirect work using closed external files or must the external files be opened? Is there a clever way of making that work? Thanks! I know they must be open and I have not found a way to make them work yet. Anyone? Harlan Grove wrote a UDF called PULL that will retrieve the value from a closed workbook. You can fin...

MSCRM 3.0 Emails Not Sent from Laptop Client.. Works from Web Client
I'm attempting to chase down an issue with e-mail here. For some reason, our users using the Laptop client are experiencing an issue where after sending an e-mail through the E-Mail Activity, the e-mail appears properly in the History window, but the recipients never receive the message. >From the web client, this works without issue. I tested using both clients sending an e-mail activity to myself at both my internal corporate e-mail address and to my Gmail address. Both the e-mails from the web client arrived in their respective inboxes, the 2 sent from the laptop client did not. ...

deleting a file in VC++ 6.0
Can someone show me how to delete a known file within a VC++ 6.0 MFC app. Thanks An MFC way to do it would be CFile::Remove() http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a9skzxhx(VS.80).aspx Tom "Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:gb%0i.2$R97.0@trndny03... > Can someone show me how to delete a known file within a VC++ 6.0 MFC app. > Thanks > > The same way you delete it in a Win32 app, a console app, a VS2005 app, etc: ::DeleteFile if(!::DeleteFile(pathnamehere)) { /* failed */ DWORD err = ::GetLastError(); ...

after deployment xml web service does not work
Can you give me some suggestions of why the xml web service is not working? I have an xml web service that works in my visual studio. net 1.1 environment. I setup this project up for deployment doing the following steps: 1. add a web setup project called "testaddr". 2. in file system window, select Web Application folder. 3. in the left pane of the file system window, right-click web application, point to add, and then click output project. 4. Select Primary output and content files and then click OK. 5. in solution explorer, right click Build on "tested". 6. I doubl...

Transfering E-mails from Machine
I want to transfer my e-mails over from one machine to another machine. Using Outlook how do i go about doing that? What file do i need to copy? ..pst --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sean asked: | I want to transfer my e-mails over from one machine to | another machine. Using Outlook how do i go about doing | that? What file do i need to copy? ...

Deleting Information
Hello. I'm fairly new to Access and I'm having a problem. I have a database set up that I need to "revise" each year. There are about 20 columns and most of them need to be changed from whatever amount is in them to zero. I think I can handle that. There are columns that have info. that needs to be completely deleted so that other info. can be moved over (balance at end of one year becomes balance at beginning of next year). Without deleting each individiual "cell" how can I delete the info in that column. Also, how can I move the info from one column to the ...

cannot delete account in address
Dear all, I have a mixed exch5.5 and ex2k enviroment, when I deleted mailbox in ex2k the account still can view in exch5.5! Stephen Look at you Recipient CA and make sure deletions are on. Otherwise you can import the csv into the 5.5 Admin from the ADC folder that has the deleted objects. On the server where the ADC is installed, there is a file named Ex55.csv that is created in the Program Files\MSADC\MSADC\Name of Connection Agreement folder. This .csv file contains a list of all the deleted Exchange 2000 mailboxes that were not replicated to the Exchange Server directories. -- Hop...

Forward e-mail
If I create an e-mail from Publisher, how do I give the recipient the option to forward the e-mail to another person? I know they could just hit the forward button in the e-mail program, but I'm talking about clicking on a link on the e-mail itself to forward it. I saw an answer in one of the threads...but the link that was given doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advance! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312157/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news...

SMTP: Mail stopped in Categorizer?
Here's our setup and the problem. We are using SBS 2003 and using the POP connector to download messages from accounts off site. Exchange is using the same remote server to relay outgoing offsite messages. Here's the story. A user sets out an out of office message on Exchange and I get an e-mail from him that he sent himself a test message and didn't get his out of office message. My test: I sent a message from my exchange e-mail address to his and get his out of office message. I then sent a message to his exchange account from a personal offsite e-mail account and di...

Mail delivery in Exchange 2003
Hi all, here is the problem when I tired to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, I got undeliverable report from my server saying that mail is not delivered to someone@somewhere.com.uk. I asked administrator of somewhere.com, he said that their SMTP gateway did receive a mail from us, but the address was someone@somewhere.com.uk. I used hotmail and yahoo mail to send mail to someone@somewhere.com, both success. I tired to send mail to someperson@somewhere.com, also success. any one have idea on this ???? Many thanks, Alex Hi, May be - there is a forwarding rul...

Transfers not working after changing Categories?
Hi, we have serious issues of store transfers not completing and the last time the issue arose it was right after we changed the names of the departments and categories in headquarters. We are restructuring our database so we are making changes to: Categories, Suppliers, Prices, Item Names and Cost. I have made sure to create worksheets to update these changes in our stores from Headquarters, but all of the sudden, our inventory transfers aren't going through: *It's not a connection problem as all of the worksheets have been successfully downloaded and sales info was updated...

Reducing repetitive calculation not working
A B C 1 Fruit Qty =INDEX($1:$1048576,2,2):INDEX($1:$1048576,4,2) 2 Apple 1 3 Orange 2 4 Apple 3 Why does =SUMIF(A2:A4,"Apple",B2:B4) return the correct value ... .... while =SUMIF(A2:A4,"Apple",C1) returns a #VALUE error ? The reason I'm not including the formula in C1 as the sum_range in the SUMIF formula is to reduce the number of duplicate calculations (100,000+). I tried creating a name with the formula in C1 and using the name in the SUMIF formula as the sum_range and that works. But since the sum_range changes, I would have to use the OFFSET function to inc...

insert nd delete row in protect sheet
hi, I wants 2 combo box button like insert nd delet row in protect sheet 2003. when user select any row nd press insert button row will automatically insert with formula and same as delete button. pls tell me what micro or code i m using. pls help me urgent. rks ...

How do I automatically file a sent e-mail
I have just moved over from Lotus Notes (in a corporate environment) and have previoiulsy been given the option when sending an e-mail to save it to any of the folders set up on my account other than the default "sent" folder. Is this option available on Outlook? I know about message rules but that is too restrictive for what I need. Can anyone help as I'm really hacked off with having to rememebr to keep going to my sent folder and refile all my messages. Thanks. Carl <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just moved over from Lotus Notes (in a corpor...

KbFilter_ServiceCallback -- inserting and deleting packets
Hello, Presently I'm adapting a simple 'kbfiltr.sys' driver. Have it working and performing some modifications in the scan-code/key-press stream. Now would like to insert and delete packets from the stream. No luck finding an example of how exactly it's done. Seems the incoming packet array is typically a section of a ring queue, but have no way to know when to wrap the pointers or where the beginning of the buffer lies. Don't see a way to replace the buffer either. Is it possible to insert an event? Or are the comments misleading in this regard? Do...

question "File -> Send To -> Mail Receipient"
Dear, I am using all English Windows 98 SE, Office 97 Std SR2, IE 6.0 SP1, Netscape 7.2 Netscape Mail is my default MAPI If I open an XLS file in C:\WINDOWS\TEMP , "Sent to mail receipient" is not work. There was becasue the customer direct open an attachment (which must save in %temp%) then "Compose by anther email" without save the file. -david ...

Delete Row syntax conundrum
I have a button where Users can click to create new rows to specif 'Audiences' for a communication. When they click the button a ne Audience row with a cell with a drop down in appears each time. Howeve when I want to 'Reset' the worksheet I only want there to be on Audience row remaining. I guess I need to check the cell to see if there is a list item in i and if so delete the row that the cell is in. I have: Sub IfStatement() If Range("A20") = List Then Rows("20:20").Select & Selection.Delet & Shift:=xlUp End Sub But I get compile errors - pr...

Cant delete message
I get an "unknown error" when I try to delete a specific email in my inbox. Im running Exchange 2003 bundled with SBS 2003. Is there a way to manually remove it via tools in Exchange 2003?? At this point, i tried multiple machines, different versions of outlook, web access all wont delete this message. Im NOT USING a PST. Plz help! Thanks! Dave Try holding the Shift key while deleting. This bypasses the Deleted Items and just deletes the message. I've seen this work on some clients. Good luck. Roneil "dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

e-mail problems
I am using Windows XP on a new Dell computer. My IP is Road Runner. I have subscribed and downloaded McAfee Security system. My problem: my e-mails sometime are not going through. The message I get from Outlook Express "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 sec. Would you like to wait anther 60 sec for the server to respond". People from Road Runner and McAfee are nice people but of no help. Does anyone has the same problem? Any ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you. P.S. You can call me collect 518 489 6290 I believe the problem is the McAfee. Anyone figured out ho...

Exchange2003/Outlook2003 Remote Mail
Apologies if wrong group I have a customer using SBS2003 and emailing through Outlook 2003 clients Some users travel and require offline emails, so rather than using Cached exchange ( as it's too slow over dial up ) I want to use Remote Mail. So I configure my send recieve groups, but only MS Exchange is listed in Accounts, not Remote Mail I have a user travelling Tomorrow ( Thursday 11th ) and am starting to panic Please help TIA Mark F1 in Outlook. Type "remote mail" It explains it all in detail. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:23:16 -0000, "Mark Barratt" <m...

Rule for deleting read receipts w/ Exception
I have a distribution list that I send mail to. I want all the read receipts permanently deleted except for one person in the distribution list. Can this be done? ...

can't delete rules in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003, my Rules seem to have been messed up. several of these rules (in the Rules Wizard) don't show anything in the Rules Description field.. and even worse: I CANNOT delete them, since the Delete button is greyed out and my Delete key doesn't have any result.... (My pst file is on an external HDD.) Please help in deleting the faulty rules. Wim Hi Wim, try "/Cleanrules": have a look on this site (Command lines): http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP010031101033.aspx Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Publi...

I keep getting the error you are not autherised to send mail
I have a client whos not able to send mail no more due to not enough rights. altough the account now has administrative rights on everything , on the folder, the mailbox...etc the client keeps getting systemadministrator messages with the error of not enough rights to send mail. can anyone help me pleae. jurgen Please post the exact error message and how it is delivered, and the exact configuration the client is using. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Validation List Stops working
I created a bunch of validation lists (data>validation>list). Mostly I selected ranges but occaisionally I simply typed "Yes,No" in the dialog box. The validations worked fine for a couple of days. Now, the drop down list no longer works. I checked the validations and they are still defined. I removed the validations then tried to reapply them...still do not work. Manual calculation is not turned on (automatic calculation enabled). The sheet is not "protected" The lists are on the same worksheet (and not hidden). The lists and validated cells are not part of f...

deleting unwanted numerics from cells in coloumn
I had to differntiate mobile numbers and wiredline numbers which are there in the same cells in a coloumn. now i dont require wiredline numbers in the coloumn how do i delete wiredline numbers from the coloumn? thank you. On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 03:36:10 -0800, sinu <sinu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had to differntiate mobile numbers and wiredline numbers which are there in >the same cells in a coloumn. now i dont require wiredline numbers in the >coloumn how do i delete wiredline numbers from the coloumn? thank you. How do you differentiate wiredline from mobile numb...