Deleting Mail #2

This problem seems to be random over our network.  We are
running Windows Server 2000 with Outlook 2002.  Some
users are getting a notification that they have mail and
when they check, there is nothing in their inbox.  The
new mail has automatically gone to the deleted items
folder.  It doesn't do it with all mail for that
particular user or do all the users on the network
experience this problem. There are no rules set up to do
this.  Has anyone else have this problem.

If you have a suggestion please respond to my e-mail
address
DKimball@puc.nh.gov
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

I have Outlook 2002 on my home computer, running Win98 2nd
Edition.

Lately, when I am sending/receiving mail, 1 or 2 items
may/may not automatically go to the deleted mail folder.
There is no pattern that I can discern.

I've checked, and I have NO FILTERS set for any of my mail
folders.
0
jaymalea (1)

Cannot delete public folder store
I created a test public folder store on a FE mail server and tested some Public folder restores which worked just fine. But after that I was trying to delete them because I didn't need it there anymore but I couldn't do it. There are no public folder replicas and I don't understand why i can't delete it. If anybody has an idea please let me know. Just to confirm that you dismounted the store and then attempted to delete the store and it fails. Any errors or warnings? Nue "Novice exchange admin" <Noviceexchangeadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

FORM MAIL IN OUTLOOK
Hi, I have this code in a html page <form name="form1" method="post" action="xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=RICHIESTA ISCRIZIONE&body=xxxx"> <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="SEND"> </form> This code is only used by 2 computers. The first is running Windows Xp SP2 with Office outlook 2002 no sp. With this computer when i press the send button on form, outlook opens a window with the mail but doesn't send it. (what I want) The second is running Windows Xp SP2 with Office outlook 2003 No sp Whit this computer ...

how to make postcards in word for mass mailing
I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to do this? Type 'em up and print them out? "lilfrogr" <lilfrogr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F542BCFE-CB4B-4562-9BFE-5DC049864AD9@microsoft.com... :I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to : do this? If you have the addresses in a format that can be used for mail merge use mail merge See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Sourceā€ at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm and the ar...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

Help
I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook (I have Office 2003), I get a reminder that the item is past due. When I click "dismiss" I get a message: "Cannot turn off Reminder. You may be reminded again. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". How can I get rid of this, so I don't get reminded every time I start Outlook? Thanks for any help. Tom_0127 <tom_0127_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook > (I have Office 2003), I get...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

external mail send after reboot
I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There are no error no messages in the queues and and message tracking wil report local delivery at once and then a gap (maybe 9 days) and then delivered to external mail servers???? Thanks Peter In news:1158759649.788935.56800@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Zpeedyexchange <peter.hoest@gmail.com> typed: > I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server > e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There &...

Mail Merge and Stamps.com
Has anyone been able to do a mail merge from SFO client and add postage to their mailing? I am receiving an error saying that either one of the required fields is missing (checked, all there) or the data source is not compatible with Stamps.com. ...

Outlook sending mail... odd issue
Win XP Pro Outlook 2002 Outlook - User is able to create a new message, add any attachment they wish and send the email without any problems. However When the user Right Clicks on an Icon and selects Send To Mail Recipient the new message appears with the attachment, they fill in the TO field and click send. The window goes away as it should and then within 5 seconds the desktop is forzen.. just the desktop. You can Alt Tab to open apps, including Outlook. The Explorer.exe process is getting Hammered. 80+ CPU in Taskmanager. I endtask exporer.exe then launch a new task of it and the issue...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

[EX55] mail forwarding...
Greetings! Have an exchange network, and one of our servers is going to be down for an awhile and I want to forward emails to mailboxes on that server to mailboxes on another server. I've been told that i can use the Delivery Option tab to set up forwarding, and when the server in question goes down, mail will still be redirected because the address set up on the Delivery Option tab will will be replicated to other servers. I've tried this in my test lab with little luck and wondered if there was another way or if its a waste of time. Thanks, K The forwarding won't work if you...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Contact additions from e-mail addresses
Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts? That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list. Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create co...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Mail directed to subdomain
Hi, So yesterday I asked the question as to whether or not Exchange could send mail to hosts based on the subdomain the mail was addressed to. For example, if mail came to blah@a.company.com then the mail would get routed by Exchange to a host named "A" that would then process the mail and if mail came to blah@b.company.com then the mail would go to a host named "B". Unfortunately, that does not appear to be possible without creating all of the individual connectors. So, in reading more I came accross something that intimated that any mail sent to subdomains suc...

Cannot delete an email from inbox
Hi there, I'm using Outlook 2000SR2 on a machine running NT4 and have a problem with it. I cant delete this one e-mail and even when i click on it (right and left) and the preview pane is not being used, it freezes the whole system and has to be rebooted. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance? Thanks in advance Andy ...

Best way to delete e-mails
Imagine user has mailbox at 230MB. User wants to delete all e-mails. She uses webmail only (she works remotely, no Outlook applications installed). What is the best way to delete her e-mails? As far as I can tell Outlook webmail makes people highlight maximum of 14 items and hit the delete button. Should I just delete her mailbox in Exchange and recreate it ? you could use exmerge in "archive" mode to empty it out... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eD5cwjXSHHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

Banks #2
I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay through M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high balance or combined accounts. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F89443FF-1B73-4F22-A029-488DCE4701FF@microsoft.com... >I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better > option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay > through > M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high ...

Data was deleted and saved by mistake..need to go back
I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can anyone help Richard don't get your hopes up. Unless you have a copy or a backup ... it's gone. Regards Trevor "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1084801c3bea6$222d5270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can > anyone help ...

lost mails from entourage 2004
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a question. My Apple recently stopped and I had to reinstall the complete operating system. Before that, I was able to made a copy of my hard disk at another external drive. The most important part was all my old mails which I stored in several maps at the location &quot;at this computer&quot;. Unfortunately I did not make an archive. <br><br>After reinstallisation of the new operating system I also installed the newest version of office (2008). I wanted to co...

Error Handler #2
Has anyone written an error handler for VBA forms. The error handler would display error messages based on bad input and pop up messages dynamically, etc. If not, has anyone developed a clean way to display error messages without using excessive message boxes? Thanks for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of message boxes and popups, consider a label on the form itself that displays the error message. In article <Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>, Ripan <<Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Has anyone written an error ...

Sumif base on 2 criteria
I am having problems coming up with a sumif formula based on two conditions. I have three columns. Column A = client #, Column B = work code, and Column C = hours. I am looking for a sumif formulat that will calculate the total hours worked for employees working on (for example) Client #387 and work code 88. Please help if you know how to do this. thanks. Joe Hi Joe; use sumproduct for this; =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=387)*(B1:B100=88),C1:C100) I am assuming 387 and 88 are NUMBERS. If not, enclose them in ""s. "Joe Rotondo" <desjoe@aol.com> wrote in m...

Highlighting Rows #2
Hi Is there a way in which the row you are currently on in excel is highlighted in a different colour, and reverts back to original when user moves to a new row? Thanks right click sheet tab>view code>paste this>SAVE. You'll like it. 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo end1 Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With MyRng .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=R...