Deleting from another user's Mailbox

Hi
I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
account mailbox)

However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted items
folder and the item still is moved to UserA

Any workaround/suggestions?

Ian McCulloch
Sydney, NS
Canada

Hy Ian,

if "user A" delete an item in "user B" Mailbox, who deletes the item?

I think it is "user A", so the item must be in the "Deleted items" folder of
"user A" because he deleted the item.

I am only 99% sure, but I do not think, that you can change this behavior.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Public ShareFolder

"Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi
> I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
> account mailbox)
>
> However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
> transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
> I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted
> items folder and the item still is moved to UserA
>
> Any workaround/suggestions?
>
> Ian McCulloch
> Sydney, NS
> Canada

0
trash5936 (201)
6/9/2008 1:24:23 PM
the user needs permission on the deleted items folder of the secondary
mailbox for deleted items to be put there.  I can't recall if a reg key is
also required, but try giving the user read/write permission on the deleted
items folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
> account mailbox)
>
> However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
> transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
> I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted
> items folder and the item still is moved to UserA
>
> Any workaround/suggestions?
>
> Ian McCulloch
> Sydney, NS
> Canada

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/9/2008 2:34:34 PM
User A would delete the item
Is there a workaround?

"Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]" <trash@publicshareware.com> wrote in
message news:%23r1peSjyIHA.5832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hy Ian,
>
> if "user A" delete an item in "user B" Mailbox, who deletes the item?
>
> I think it is "user A", so the item must be in the "Deleted items" folder
> of "user A" because he deleted the item.
>
> I am only 99% sure, but I do not think, that you can change this behavior.
>
> --
> Oliver Vukovics
> Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Public ShareFolder
> Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook: Public SyncTool
> http://www.publicshareware.com
>
> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:7D293959-73D6-47CD-822D-8A5234F65D2F@microsoft.com...
>> Hi
>> I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
>> account mailbox)
>>
>> However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
>> transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
>> I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted
>> items folder and the item still is moved to UserA
>>
>> Any workaround/suggestions?
>>
>> Ian McCulloch
>> Sydney, NS
>> Canada

From where is this done?  ESM?  or UserB's Outlook Client?

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> the user needs permission on the deleted items folder of the secondary
> mailbox for deleted items to be put there.  I can't recall if a reg key is
> also required, but try giving the user read/write permission on the
> deleted items folder.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
>> account mailbox)
>>
>> However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
>> transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
>> I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted
>> items folder and the item still is moved to UserA
>>
>> Any workaround/suggestions?
>>
>> Ian McCulloch
>> Sydney, NS
>> Canada

Permissions did not work - do you have the registry entry by chance?

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> the user needs permission on the deleted items folder of the secondary
> mailbox for deleted items to be put there.  I can't recall if a reg key is
> also required, but try giving the user read/write permission on the
> deleted items folder.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
>> account mailbox)
>>
>> However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
>> transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
>> I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted
>> items folder and the item still is moved to UserA
>>
>> Any workaround/suggestions?
>>
>> Ian McCulloch
>> Sydney, NS
>> Canada

Log into the Outlook acct (where you want the deleted items to go) and give
the other user sufficient permissions to create items in the deleted folder.

--

> From where is this done?  ESM?  or UserB's Outlook Client?
>
> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>> the user needs permission on the deleted items folder of the secondary
>> mailbox for deleted items to be put there.  I can't recall if a reg key
>> is also required, but try giving the user read/write permission on the
>> deleted items folder.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>

>> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
>>> account mailbox)
>>>
>>> However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
>>> transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
>>> I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted
>>> items folder and the item still is moved to UserA
>>>
>>> Any workaround/suggestions?
>>>
>>> Ian McCulloch
>>> Sydney, NS
>>> Canada

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/9/2008 4:47:05 PM
I didn't think I would ever find it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202517

--

> Permissions did not work - do you have the registry entry by chance?
>
> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>> the user needs permission on the deleted items folder of the secondary
>> mailbox for deleted items to be put there.  I can't recall if a reg key
>> is also required, but try giving the user read/write permission on the
>> deleted items folder.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>

>> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service
>>> account mailbox)
>>>
>>> However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is
>>> transferred to User A's deleted items folder.
>>> I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted
>>> items folder and the item still is moved to UserA
>>>
>>> Any workaround/suggestions?
>>>
>>> Ian McCulloch
>>> Sydney, NS
>>> Canada

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/9/2008 5:16:10 PM
This made your day didn't it

IT MADE MINE

Thanks a bunch - I'M A BELIEVER

>I didn't think I would ever find it:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202517
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Permissions did not work - do you have the registry entry by chance?
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>>> the user needs permission on the deleted items folder of the secondary
>>> mailbox for deleted items to be put there.  I can't recall if a reg key
>>> is also required, but try giving the user read/write permission on the
>>> deleted items folder.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>
>>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows
>>> Version when requesting assistance **
>>>

>>> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It made my day... as in made me feel old and forgetful. <g>

--

> This made your day didn't it
>
> IT MADE MINE
>
> Thanks a bunch - I'M A BELIEVER
>
> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>>I didn't think I would ever find it:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202517
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>

>> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Permissions did not work - do you have the registry entry by chance?
>>>
>>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/9/2008 5:41:54 PM
That's glass half empty

I call it 'resourceful'

> It made my day... as in made me feel old and forgetful. <g>
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This made your day didn't it
>>
>> IT MADE MINE
>>
>> Thanks a bunch - I'M A BELIEVER
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>>>I didn't think I would ever find it:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202517
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>
>>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows
>>> Version when requesting assistance **
>>>

>>> "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Update one table from another

Copying data from one chart to another

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Attachments in e-mail sent to many users
Hello All I am trying to find out how to send an e-mail attachment to a lot of different contacts in CRM 3.0. We were told there was a way but the instructions don't work. The e-mail goes to all the receipents but no attachment is every sent. Can someone please give me directions on how this is done. -- Thanks ...

Changed the user logon name and know can't mail him anymore
Hi all I have exc2003STD and outlook 2003. It was requested that the logon username of one specific user changed from membercare to ABC membercare. My technician went to the exchange box > went to AD > Open the membercare users properties > Account tab > Change the account logon name there from Membercare to ABC Membercare. He said that is the only thing he changed. Now in the GAL is displayed ABC Membercare (i think he changed the display name also but that's not a issue). My problem is now if i mail that user i get the following error (Please help me to fix this as ma...

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

Categories deleted converting from Quicken
Hi folks, I just converted from Q2003 Premier to the Money 2005 Trial 2 days ago. I noticed today that a number of categories have been removed from the transactions in my checking account and credit card accounts. What I've noticed so far: 1. All sub-accounts for Utilities were gone. This wasn't too bad because I could use find replace since the payee name has been the same on these for all years I have in Quicken/Money. 2. All sub-accounts under Insurance were gone. 3. The category Groceries came over, but there were no transactions in it. Quicken had several hundred...

Retrieving Current User Information from JScript (OnChange)
I am adding functionality to one of my client's OnChange scripts to append the Current User Name into a memo field with date and action information. I scoured the web but can not find a way to properly retrieve the Current User information. Any information would be incredibly appreciated. ...

Mailbox permissions #17
I have a bit of a mess with a mailbox that receives all messages that clients send through our web site. Everyone except one person has this additional mailbox open within Oulook. The remaining person I can't seem to get the permissions down. I myself have it added on my desktop. The only reason I think I can expand the mailbox is because I'm in the enterprise admin, domain admin, and exchange admin groups. When I look at the properties of the mailbox, my account has "None" as so does this other employee. When I click on my account, the employee's account wo/ ...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

disable mailboxes
We have a number of Windows users whose Windows account has been disabled. Now the exchange server reports error events for each of those users, because the mailbox is not associated with an active user account. Short of deleting the mailboxes, is there anyway to get Exchange to (reject the mail and) not report error events for those mailboxes. (david) David, Please see: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278966 -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "david epsom dot com dot au" wrote: > We have a number o...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...