Deleting Folders

Hi,

I have all my accounts synchronised. I have inadvertently
deleted a folder with many sub-folders under my local
folders. Does anyone know if I can retrieve and how?

Appreciate any help. This info. is very important.
0
anonymous (74722)

In case of Exchange;
Tools-> Recover Deleted Items...

In case of a pst;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"Jac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have all my accounts synchronised. I have inadvertently
> deleted a folder with many sub-folders under my local
> folders. Does anyone know if I can retrieve and how?
>
> Appreciate any help. This info. is very important.

0
Roady

Audit Folder Permissions Question
Hi, I found this script at the PowerShell Code Repository: # <---------- Begin Script -------------------------------------------- > $Excel = New-Object -Com Excel.Application $Excel.visible = $True $Excel = $Excel.Workbooks.Add() $wSheet = $Excel.Worksheets.Item(1) $wSheet.Cells.item(1,1) = "Folder Path:" $wSheet.Cells.Item(1,2) = "Users/Groups:" $wSheet.Cells.Item(1,3) = "Permissions:" $wSheet.Cells.Item(1,4) = "Permissions Inherited:" $WorkBook = $wSheet.UsedRange $WorkBook.Interior.ColorIndex = 8 $WorkBook.Font.ColorIndex...

How to delete all duplicate records
If I have a list of records, I know I can get rid of duplicate records using an advanced filter - unique records only. But what if I want any record that is duplicated to be deleted entirely from the list? For example, if I have a list of: 1 2 2 3 How can I get only 1 and 3 to be left? Thanks. Hi, Note this will delete BOTH duplicates. In a helper column enter this formula and drag down to the length of your data column =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$12,A1) Select both columns and sort on the helper column. Select all rows greater than 1 and delete Mike "Aviva B&qu...

Problems unzipping folders with photos
Help! I'm receivingattachments in my Outlook email program with our new grandbaby pictures, but the folders are zipped. I tried extracting also. When I double click on the folders to open them, there is nothing inside. Can someone help me. southern belle <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help! I'm receivingattachments in my Outlook email program with our > new grandbaby pictures, but the folders are zipped. I tried > extracting also. What happened when you saved the Zip file to a folder and then tried to open it? What version of Windows are you using? ...

Cannot Rebuild Public Folders
We had a recent meltdown with our Exchange Server and found out later that the people who originally set up the server and the tape backup hadn't invested in the proper add-on for the backup software that would have backed up the Exchange system. Neither the private or the public stores would mount, even after repairing the stores. Well, we've already accepted the loss of the existing data and we were able to create a Second Storage Group and recreate the user mailboxes in it. Everything is working great with the mailboxes again. Our only issue now is the Public Folder store. Tryi...

Delete old msgs in public folders
Does anyone know the way to delete old msgs in a public folder? I want to automatic 'clean' msgs one month ago. We're running Exchange 2003 SP2. Thanks in advance. Pablo. Just set an age limit on the folder of, say, 30 days. Anything older than 30 days will be removed automatically. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Pablo" <Pablo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7328302-D4AE-45DF-B346-4CD554E03540@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the way to delete old msgs in a public folder? I want to > automat...

How do I prevent pictures from being deleted in Publisher?
Is there a way to prevent other users from deleting an embedded picture? I'm signing my documents and I don't want my signature deleted. Send the file as a .pdf. But even then, someone with a .pdf-editing program can do whatever they want. That's the bad thing about electronic files - they can be edited somehow, someway. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "OfficeGirlVI" <OfficeGirlVI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6BF7FF5-D0F7-4B25-9C0A-8B7B99943D64@microsoft.com....

MAPI Public Folder Tree
There can only be one as I have learnt but what I want to do is move/delete it to a different storage group. When I try to delete it this is what I get: -------------------------- This public folder store is the last store holding the MAPI Public Folder Tree and cannot be deleted. ID no: c1034a7e Exchange System Manager -------------------------- The supported way is to create one on another server and replicate to it. Point your mailboxes stores over there and then delete the one here and recreate. Is it really worth all that? I could tell you how to hack it but thats really not support...

Public Folder, "Send As"
Hi Guys, Running Exchange 2003, Have setup a public folder office@mydomain.com. All OK, users can view emails, and delete them. Using Exchange System Manager, i have given a couple users the "Send As" Permission under Directory Rights, however when the user tries to send an email with "office@mydomain.com", they get 'You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object'. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated! Trav. Permission changes arent always immediate. But assuming you have waited a few hours and have it set up correctl...

SBS 2003 redirected profiles & home folders, swapping computer question
I've got an SBS 2003 server with a few connected workstations. If I remember correctly when I set it up I did redirected profiles and home folders to have them housed on the server. I've got a user who's computer is going to be replaced. Is there anything special I need to do? the windows machines are XP SP3. Do I need to do one of those deals where I point to a URL? "connectcomputer"? Will the users desktop settings be preserved? It's not a huge deal but anything I can preserve because I did the remote profiles would be a plus. I'm thinking I wil...

Deleting Leads #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D0_01C9D55A.197AA210 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I did an import of 2,000 records to Leads. If I want to delete them can I get rid of them all at one time or do I have to delete 50 at a time using the MSCRM interface. I suppose I could go into the SQL table and delete them there . . . -- ------------------------ Pete Fernald Atlantic Database, LLC ------------------------ ------=_NextPart_000_00D0_01C9D55A.197AA210 Con...

how to import a contact folder to a new device?
I need to find out how to import my contact folder (from a nokia n73) to a htc touch! Then I would ask the manufacturers of your cell phones. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Drew asked: | I need to find out how to import my contact folder (from a nokia n73) | to a htc touch! How about syncing the NOkia with Outlook, possibly setting up a special contacts folder if you want only a subset, and then syncing ht Touch with that same folder. NOkia gives you its own software adn the Touch uses A...

Still problems
I cannot delete the pst files so I decided to completely delete outlook 2003 and then I did a reinstall hoping I could then start with the new account and it would be clean. However, when I did the install it could not find the ..pst file and would not open a new one. I had to restore it from my deleted files and now it is open again. How can I just delete the mail folders in Outlook and start clean??? With OL closed try the mail applet in the control panel to add a data file, set it as default, and remove old data file "Terri" <terri@mylanusa.com> wrote in message ...

No Permissions Tab in Public Folders
We are rrunning exchange 2003 in a mixed AD mode. Somehow we lost the permissions tab on the public folders. It was there at one time but now it is gone. I have added my user in the Public folder security settings in Systems Manager with full control but still no option in outlook to set permissions. Can anyone help? ...

Quick way to remove grouping from view of all folders
Hello group: Is there an especially fast way of getting Outlook 2003 to realize that I don't want it to group the messages in my mail folders. (Default grouping is by date). When I define views and modify the "Messages" view to exclude grouping, it doesn't do any good until I've gone to each of my many folders and repeat the process. It's like Outlook doesn't realize I've modified the default view. Any help here would be appreciated - even a script if necessary. Thanks a bunch, Donovan P.S. No, grouping is not the same as sorting :) ...

Can I recover a deleted .pst file?
I deleted a .pst file that I need to recover and cannot find it in the Recycle Bin. Is there any way to locate that .pst file? Try: 1) look for *.pst :) 2) see at Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (as well try to recover from archived items) 3) Use 3rd party software such as unerase to recover Regards, Tamir Khason Especially those days you need a flexible IT service provider that can meet your needs through a broad set of offerings. TCON - A technology company that understands your business. www.tcon.co.il "Aaron" <asingleton...

Suddenly deleted Tools Menu
I suddenly deleted tools menu from excel. My computer is connected to network server. I tried to restore it after reinstall but the default menu setting is not restoring. Please tell me how to restore tools menu. RRS Right-click on any toolbar, and goto Customize. Click the Reset button from here. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:110B1F27-9CFF-4E40-BB03-662E665BCA27@microsoft.com... > I suddenly deleted tools menu from excel. My computer is co...

Deleting Custom Fields created in SQL Schema
Hi, I read in another thread that you cannot delete custom fields created in SQL Schemas. Will this be something available in the next version of SQL or CRM 5.0 or how or when can this be done. Concerned as we will have to create a large number of custom fields for an upcoming conversion and if we need to delete any then we are "hooped". Also, what is the limit to the number of custom fields you can add? Thanks! Shauna I am not sure on the next version of CRM if it will allow that or not. Currently there is no way to delete fields. The limit is not really a limit of CRM...

Folder Permission to a group
Is it possible to give a distribution group permission to the Calendar folder or do I have to use a global or universal group? I always get "The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation failed." I'm using Outlook 2002 - Exchange 2000. Are you trying to grant permissions for your personal caledar or a public calendar? If personal, do you know if your account is configured for client delivery/storage or is it maintained on the Exchange server? >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to give a distribution group permission to >the Calenda...

Deleted Items Retention Backup
Is anyone aware of a way to not backup the Deleted Items retention area of Exchange? We need to insure that our Exchange information store backups to not contain more that 30 days worth of information. With DI enabled our backups end up with much more that this. Is there a registry parameter or some other method to accomplish this? TIA! Rob i don't believe so...if you want only 30 days' worth of info, you need to set your DIR to 30 days...all the items in that dumpster are just part and parcel of the mailbox store... "Rob" <Rob@nospam.com> wrote in message ...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Contacts folder setup
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. I have 2 contacts folders listed : contacts in mailbox and contacts (I assumed stored in a pst file that I have setup). I have been adding contacts to the pst file contract list. 2 things I want to do : have this contact list available for all others people in my group. Divide the contact list into different files based on location. I would like to see in outlook when any user selects contacts from the navigation pane. Contacts in mailbox - username New York Philadelphia Boston etc. Can I do this? Thanks! No, you can't make t...

how do i eliminate duplicate folders
i am setting up outlook 2003, in the navigation pane i have two "personal folders" and the sub-folders are identical in both. can one of these be safely deleted? tia sstovall3@aol.com <sstovall3@aol.com> wrote: > i am setting up outlook 2003, in the navigation pane i have two > "personal folders" and the sub-folders are identical in both. can one > of these be safely deleted? If right-clicking one and choosing Close doesn't work and using File>Data File Management doesn't work, then your choices are to edit the registry or to create a new ma...

Microsoft CRM
Could anyone help me figure out how to delete users from the Microsoft CRM? I cannot find any documentation on that. Thank you. The system is not designed to allow you to delete users. However, if you are careful, you can try to do this directly in the tables. I highly recommend a good set of DB backups before trying this though. First, make sure the users don't own any reocrds in the system. Then, remove any assigned licenses or roles using the web interface. The main table you would start with is SystemUserBase. You might get FK related errors that will prompt you to first dele...

I need to delete my inbox
I have a message in my inbox which has an attachment which is a trojan. I need to delete it but my WM says Inbox has 50 mail in it but the right pane says no items to view. I need to clear all the emails in the inbox and junk mail box but both say in left pane 50 or 7 emails but the right hand panes say no items to view. Can I delete the inbox - reinstall WM or reset WM? Please help? Sounds like there is some corruption in your message database. Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil If no improvement, upgrade to Wi...

Script that deletes items from Sharepoint
Here is the script that I'm trying to use: ## ===================================================================== ## Title : Remove-SPItem ## Description : Removes An Item From a List ## Author : Idera ## Date : 24/11/2009 ## Input : Remove-SPItem [[-url] <String>] [[-List] <String>] [[- Field] <String>] [[-Item] <String>] ## Output : ## Usage : Remove-SPItem -url http://moss -List Users -Field Title -Item "My Item" ## Notes : Adapted From Niklas Goude Script ## Tag : Item, Sharepoint, Pow...