Deleted Mailbox???

I just deleted an extra (not used) account I have on my
computer using User Accounts in Control Panel. During the
process I opted to save all files to my Desktop. Upon
opening my email, Outlook cannot find my OUTLOOK.PST file
and wants to search for it or create a new one. I figured
I'd rollback to the last register settings, but system
restore was not turned on, that that was out of the
question.

Can anyone help me get my email back, there is very
valuable information in it and I do not want to lose it

Operating System: XP Pro
Email: Outlook 2000

Thanks for your help in advance.
Barry Bestpitch

You say you saved all files to your desktop...was outlook.pst not one of
those files?  Try searching your drive for all .PST files and make sure you
have searching in hidden and system *folders* enabled (.PST files are often
found in hidden or system folders in Windows XP).  If you find it, next time
you open Outlook and it wants to search for your .PST file, you'll know
where to point it.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:02a601c3b7a7$22464d80$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Barry wrote:

> I just deleted an extra (not used) account I have on my
> computer using User Accounts in Control Panel. During the
> process I opted to save all files to my Desktop. Upon
> opening my email, Outlook cannot find my OUTLOOK.PST file
> and wants to search for it or create a new one. I figured
> I'd rollback to the last register settings, but system
> restore was not turned on, that that was out of the
> question.
>
> Can anyone help me get my email back, there is very
> valuable information in it and I do not want to lose it
>
> Operating System: XP Pro
> Email: Outlook 2000
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
> Barry Bestpitch

Thanks for the response... The PST file was not in the
saved folder and a search of the hard disk, including
hidden & system files was unsuccessful...

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Barry Bestpitch

answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:02a601c3b7a7$22464d80$a501280a@phx.gbl,
>Barry wrote:
>
>> I just deleted an extra (not used) account I have on my
>> computer using User Accounts in Control Panel. During
the
>> process I opted to save all files to my Desktop. Upon
>> opening my email, Outlook cannot find my OUTLOOK.PST
file
>> and wants to search for it or create a new one. I
figured
>> I'd rollback to the last register settings, but system
>> restore was not turned on, that that was out of the
>> question.
>>
>> Can anyone help me get my email back, there is very
>> valuable information in it and I do not want to lose it
>>
>> Operating System: XP Pro
>> Email: Outlook 2000
>>
>> Thanks for your help in advance.
>> Barry Bestpitch
>

>.

Note that I said hidden and system FOLDERS....not just files.  If you've
tried that as well and still no luck, you may have to look at a 3rd party
..PST recovery program.  Try searching through Slipstick.com and see if you
find any listed there (it's very comprehensive) and if not, try Google.  I
hope you are able to get your data back.  For future reference, check
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for all you need to know to
successfully back up your Outlook data and restore it later.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:02fb01c3b7ae$55d94240$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Barry Bestpitch wrote:

> Thanks for the response... The PST file was not in the
> saved folder and a search of the hard disk, including
> hidden & system files was unsuccessful...
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Barry Bestpitch

How do I restore a deleted task folder
I have Outlook 2007, I am not on an exchange server. I deleted a folder of tasks and it is not showing in my deleted items folder. Thankfully my DI folder was emptied this morning and I only have a few items in it, so I know I'm not overlooking the file. I know that it's there, I can see it in the subfolders list when I click on "folder size" under the "properties for personal folder". I tried sorting the DI foldler by Icon as was suggested, but that's not working. Any suggestions?? Please help! On the left side of the screen, where all the f...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Room mailbox
I created a room mailbox in Exchange 2007 and set up all the permissions and it's working well. By default, the room mailbox is a disabled account. We currently have a "Company" address list, filtered by the description field. None of the disabled accounts (including room accounts) are listed in the "Company" Address List. Is this by design? Currently, the only way to see the room account in the Address Book or meeting request is to choose GAL or "All Rooms" address list. Is there a way to have the room account be in the "Company&quo...

CRM 4.0 Email Router Mailbox not deleting items
We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0. An account and mailbox has been setup called CRM Mail. This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig. Upon further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals emails in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users. Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete them? Are they supposed to be automatically deleted? Also, why are all these emails showing up? Thanks all! The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after being processed by the router. ...

Administrators Mailbox
I noticed on my Server usage report that the administrator is sending a lot of emails. How can I see what these emails are and if they are some kind of spam or other infiltration. I have the latest version of virus software running, and the latest scans show no infestation. This is a new installation (within a month) and I'm not quite up to speed yet. Thanks for the help in advance. Start by looking in Sent Items of mailbox (use Outlook for this task). If nothing there tell us version of Exchange Server in use. Bob W wrote: > I noticed on my Server usage report that the >...

Deleting Leading Characters
I just exported a file from monarch to excel. Unfortunately, some of th columns have a leading (') in each of the cells. I tried using TRIM, bu it did not work. How can I delete the leading character (')? I have 50 rows with multiple columns : -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26923 try replacing ' with "" -- duan ----------------------------------------------...

exchange advanced delegate mailbox rights
Hi, I would like to delegate the rights to change users mailbox rights to a group of technicians. In the case someone would like to give access to another person to his own mailbox. I can do it by giving "Full mailbox access" to the user from Exchange Advanced - Mailbox rights on the user object. (Delagation from outlook is not fine for our need). I don't know which attributes I need to select in the user objet security in order to delegate this rights. Thanks for your help Christophe Christophe, 'Mailbox Rights' are security items within the Exchange DB, not a...

Error in creating a mailbox on exchange 5.5 says trust failed between primary and trusted domain
I have Exchange 5.5 setup on Windows 2K in a W2K3 domain. If I try and add a mailbox without a primary account assigned to it I get an Error that says The trust relationship between the primary and trusted domain failed. Now I do have several NT 4.0 domains that have a two-way trust between them and my 2k3 domain. If I create a new account or assign to an existing account I do not get the error. Any Ideas ? Sounds like things are working like they're supposed to. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Darryl Burnette&...

graphic deleting #2
I have made myself a simple macro that copy a cell and paste it 50 cells below. It work fine with text and numbers but I have tried it with graphic recently and strangly enough it is adding a other graphic the same as the first one each time it copies. I have discover that because when I tried to correct my graphic and want to erase the others there was one more graphic to erase each cell down below, very long process and I would like to know why it is doing that and if there is a command to erase all the selected cells contents all at once like the text contents. Thank you very much Show th...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

back spacing is deleting what was already typed.
As I type a Document and need to add a word, or phrase by back-spacing Word deletes what was already typed letter by letter on that line. How do I correct the settings? That's what Backspace does on a computer. If you just want to go backward, use the left arrow key. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TinaMarie" <TinaMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C593814-5824-41EA-9854-7659B2F02217@microsoft.com... > As I type a Document and need to add a word, or ph...

Can anyone recommend any third party tools for users to manage their Mailbox size?
Hi, My manager is looking for a third party piece of software, which will allow users to specifically manage and monitor their mailbox sizes. Users should get a breakdown (down to the individual email level), of what is taking up space, and have options to do something about it (archive \ delete etc.). Does anyone know of anything like this for users (as opposed to the Exchange administrator)? Cheers You can check the size of your mailbox and the size of folders in the properties of Outlook Today. You can also change your view of emails to include the size of each email. You can arrange...

Deleted Public Folder
Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn't able to UNdelete the item - can anyone advise me why? - It was deleted via OL2000 and I have exchange admin rights. Thanks Jonni were you the owner of the folder/s and parent folder? "Jonni" <jonni@naespam.com> wrote in message news:e2BgN$lPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. > We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn'...

Delete PJournal job
I am performing a new installation and was just wondering if someone could shed some light as to why I would not want to turn on the "Delete PJournal job". In other words, is there any downside to this. Thank you, Craig Craig, It helps the system increase the speed of the posting process. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Craig" wrote: > I am performing a new installation and was just wondering if someone could > shed some light as to why I would not want to turn on the "Delete PJournal > job". In other words, is there any downside to this. &...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

leveling to delete days
I would like to use Leveling (or similar) to delete work days from a lower priority task when there is an overallocation. ie. The start Date and End Date are fixed but the Work changes to reolve the conflict. Is this possible? Hi, Sorry but there is no function in the Scheduling engine that will do that. Leveling will only delay work if necessary to resolve overallocations, never change work or units. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "ellebel...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Mailbox Rights #4
On Exchange 5.5, I can log in to any user's mailbox using an account with the "Service Account Admin." permission. On Exchange 2003, what permissions do I need on a mailbox in order to do the same thing? When I use that same Service Account Admin. account (my Exchange 2003 joined my Exchange 5.5 site) to log in to a user's mailbox, I get an error in Outlook that I am unable to open the folders and Outlook quits. Thank you. Hello, This KB article will help you out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];821897 Hope that helps, Russ Maxwell This post...

Taking Ownership/Deleting Files on NTFS drive
A little background.... I work at a college and we've always redirected our user's desktop and My Documents to another drive letter on the computer (D:). When the next user logs in our login script deletes the directories and recreates them for the new user. We do this so that student's can store files under their profile when exams run. Under XP the D: drive is/was a FAT32 drive and we just used a file system object to delete the files and folders. Under Windows 7 you have to redirect directories to a location that can be indexed which a FAT 32 drive can't b...

Mailbox Manager
I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back... I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4 Recipient Policies: Pri 1: main domain Pri 2: other domains Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup Lowest: Default Policy The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows: Find: "Exchange Recipients" General Tab: Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox" Storage Tab: "Mailboxes on any server" Advanced Tab: Condition List: "Member Of Is no ...

outlook additional mailbox's files
i have computers in a domain inviroment. The local profiles corrupt out some times and need to be reinstalled. I am trying to determin where the the file that maps the shared mailbox's may be stored in a profile as so I may back it up. I would like to be able to do this so I can restore the shared mailbox's from the UNC path. Any assistance in regards to this would be appreciated OST files are linked to a particular profile. If you create a new profile, a new OST file must be created. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

Not deleting tasks even after several years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>This is the problem that couldn't be fixed before and so I shelved Entourage. I recently un-tombed Entourage to sync with my iPad and even after trying to delete the more than 1200 tasks, most of which were reoccuring, they came back after I restarted Entourage. I am livid. I had to delete those 1200 one by one. It took over an hour. Mind you, I tried deleting these same tasks several times before I shelved the program with the same results. <br><br>If you know a way ...