Deleted mail stayed in INBOX until purge

Outlook 2002

Deleted mails still stay in INBOX.
Does not move to deleted folder.
Until go to Purge all deleted mail then gone.

Why and how?

BC
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook BC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Deleted mails still stay in INBOX.
> Does not move to deleted folder.
> Until go to Purge all deleted mail then gone.

I daresay you're account is an IMAP account and that's just the way the IMAP
protocols work.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

how do i get "click on" in recieved e mails to work
WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO CAUSE THE "CLICK ON" TO GO TO THE INTENDED WEB SITES. WJONES1122 <WJONES1122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER > WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET > EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO > CAUSE THE "CLICK ON...

Macro to Delete Rows if true HELP!
I got this code from another answer and it works ok when I call it from the activesheet ("Agent Tenure") but I need to call it from another sheet named "Terminations"... please help???? Sub UPDATE_TENURE() Dim myrange, MyRange1 As Range lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "N").End(xlUp).Row Set myrange = Sheets("Agent Tenure").Range("N1:N" & lastrow) For Each c In myrange If UCase(c.Value) = "TRUE" Then If MyRange1 Is Nothing Then Set MyRange1 = c.EntireRow Else Set MyRange1 = Uni...

Delete record button not working (allowedits = true)?
I set AllowEdits to False in forms and created a "edit record" button to se AllowEdits to True as follows: " I had a similar way also. For your form go to the Form, Properties, DataTab and set AllowEdits to NO. Next, create a CommandButton, without the wizard, and then go to the Properties of the CommandButton, click on OnEvent then click on CodeBuilder (...) In there you simply put: Me.AllowEdits = True Oh, in the Form's Properties on the AfterUpdate Event click on the CodeBuilder again and type this: Me.AllowEdits = False Now when your form opens it can'...

empty mail problem
Hello, i have a lill problem. Sometimes i write a Mail and send it but then it is EMPTY :( The Body of the mail is gone and i dont know why I am not able to reproduce this problem if i send mail again to the same recipient. Scanned for Sypware/Viruses nothing found. Any idea what it could be ? Its Outlook 2000 with all Servicepacks Exchange is also 2000 please help me :) ...

Setting Up Yahoo Mail Account in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2002 and want to set it up to receive mail from my Yahoo address. How do I do this? I am not sure of the settings for this and can't find it anywhere on Yahoo. Thanks. Pat Sigh...3 clicks http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-40.html=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, patetc asked: | I am using Outlook 2002 and want to set it up to receive mail from my | Yahoo address. How ...

CRM mail fails due to bare lf
Creating emails in CRM that contain carriage returns or use templates(due to the returns I believe) will fail when sent to Qmail servers due to a violation of 822bis section 2.3, which specifically prohibits all bare LFs (this is from qmail directly - http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html). This seems to track directly to CRM as you can send mail using Outlook to a domain that fails if using CRM to create the mail. You can start the message in CRM, use a template, copy the body and paste into an outlook message tracked in CRM. The outlook message will succeed and the CRM message will fail. ...

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Since connecting to Exchange Server 2003 (using OL2003), all incoming messages contain a line "Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0" before the actual headers start. Anyone knows who is adding this line, and - more importantly - how I can stop this? (I asked this question in the Outlook forum, but was sent over here). Thanks! ...

POP3 does not delete messaes from server
I am using Outlook 2002 to receive email from a web server by POP3 protocol. When I set up the account, under advanced settings, I left unchecked the box that says "Leave copy of messages on server". As such I expect when a message is downloaded to my Outlook client that it is deleted from the server. This is not the case. The message reamins on the server and is downloaded again at the next Send/Receive cycle...and again...and again. What gives?? -Bill I'm having the exact same thing happen and it's annoying as 'heck'... I download my email at work and at ...

User Deleted Startup Folder From Navigation Pane
One of our users deleted their startup folder from their navigation pane. I haven't been able to find how to recreate that. How can it be recreated? We are on GP 9.0. Never mind - apparently just creating a new folder called startup works. "Jodi" wrote: > One of our users deleted their startup folder from their navigation pane. I > haven't been able to find how to recreate that. How can it be recreated? We > are on GP 9.0. ...

Mail delivery problem #2
I am running exchange 2003 sp2. This past monday out of the blue, exchange started delivering messages to users without a mailbox all to one particular user. These could have been employees not in the company any longer and the mailbox has been deleted. Orginially the system mailbox was set to catch all incoming messges without vaild accounts. Any idea how I can help the user from recieving all of the junk messages and make exchange deliver properly again? Thanks John Recheck what's going on. Are you sure that what's being delivered isn't NDRs of undeliverable messages?...

Empty "Junk E-mail"
I'd like to place an icon on my tool bar to empty my junk E-mail. Can't seem to do this. I'm having to right click on the folder name and then hit empty. Anyway to put this icon on the toolbar and save myself a step? I know, I know it's a small step and only take an extra moment but still and all I'd like to set it up this way. Thanks, Becky PS - The only icon I seem to be able to find is one to empty the deleted folder. It's not there. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data...

Deleting GL accounts
We are receiving an error message when trying to delete some GL accounts - this account has a balance or YTD activity and cannot be deleted. The account has had no activity for several years and has been inactivated. We just processed our year end and a BBF of zero was brought forward. Do we need to Remove Account History before we can delete these accoutns? Yes, you need to delete history. To delete an account it must meet the following conditions - 1. No balance 2. No activity for an open period 3. No history amounts 4. Not part of an allocation account 5. Not part of an unpo...

Suggestions for mail monitoring software
We used to run software called Mailcheck (I believe by a company called ipswitch) It was one of those "red, yellow, green" light views of email. One set up an email account on a server and could bounce mail through just about anything - exchange, notes, smtp etc. We had all our email servers monitored and would be paged whenever delivery became an issue. Well... as the years have gone by we've outgrown the software by about 20 servers, and its no longer supported (or we cannot purchase additional licenses etc.) Aside from some full blown package like MOM etc. - does a...

strange mail
i wonder if this mail is from windows live? Hotmail Warning!!! Update Your Hotmail Account To Avoid Suspension‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ Från: Windows Live (nebiatgbs@yahoo.com) Du vet kanske inte vem den här avsändaren är.Markera som säker|Markera som skräppost Skickat: den 15 januari 2010 12:42:10 Till: CONFIRM YOUR WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT SERVICES. VERIFY YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT NOW TO AVOID IT CLOSED !!! Dear Account Owner This email is from Windows Live Hotmail® and we are sending it to you account users for your safety. Du...

internal mail is slow, but incoming still fast?
any good tools to monitor exchange performance? internal mail seems delayed, but inside coming in seems ok. any / all tools, advice appreciated! thanks exchange 2000, sp3, windows 2000 sp4. dell poweredge fatty server, gb backbone, etc. thanks, If you're looking at your overall monitoring of the Windows infrastructure, then take a look at MOM 2005. The monitoring of Exchange is good. Also, you might want to look at Quest's Spotlight on Exchange if just concerned with Exchange performance. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.m...

Deleting replicated public folder
I have a large public folder that I would like to delete. This folder is replicated to another exchange server. What is the best way to delete thsi folder? Do i need to do anything to the replication settings for this folder. The whole public folder tree is replicated not just this folder? You should remove the server from replication then point public folders to another server if that is appropriate. Dismount and delete. Nue "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:C97AF10F-1C6E-4CCA-BA40-CE11FABF1F3E@microsoft.com... >I have a large public folder that...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

Messages not appearing in Inbox!!!
I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. Everything was working fine until I installed a new hard drive and moved the existing C: files to the new drive which is now the boot drive. I used Seagates program to move the files. Now, Outlook starts and will send without any problems (the sent messages show up in the sent folder). But when outlook downloads a message, it doesn't go to the inbox or any other place I can find. I checked through web-mail and the message is being downloaded and removed from the POP server. I did an advanced search and the message doesn't appear to be in ...

Outlook 2003 not checking for new mail at startup
I have followed QID312336 but still not working. Does anyone have another suggestion? Win XP Home, Compaq R3120US laptop, Office 2003 Professional. Thanks! How could we? You've provided no information. At the very least you should post your mail account type, connection type, automatic polling settings, and exactly what isn't working, including the difference between automatic and manual polling behavior. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:18ead01c44c0c$6e231d10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have followed QID312336 but...

Deleting Rows with Blank Cells
I know this is a common question, and I have looked at past posts, but I can't seem to make it work. I have an Excel file developed from a text import. It has approx. 50,000 rows that represent 25,000 records (records are on two rows). I'm trying to eventually get to Access, but using Excel to clean up data. The final piece of code to write simply deletes every row where cell A is empty. I've tried two solutions. This is the first one: For i = rng1.Rows(rng1.Rows.Count).Row To 1 Step -1 If IsEmpty(rng(i)) = True Then rng(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next For s...

outlook sound /html e-mail
Hello, its serveral time beeing asked..but i am a newbie using outlook 2003 For a birthday card I want to embed sound which is played immediatley if the birthday kid opens the e-mail. How can I create an html e-mail with Outlook 2003? (If I choose format html, it is just an normal e-mail)If i create a seperate html page it is just attached! Can I see somewhere the code in outlook and go into it? How can I embed the sound that it is not just attached? Thanx a lot for answering!! greetings luna Go to tools | options | mail format and set the message format to html and check the box right b...

Order of Names in E-mail differs from that in Contacts (Outlook 2002)
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, First Name'. When I open up a new message and click on 'To' to address it the names are all in the order of 'First Name Surname'. How can I change the order to 'Surname, First Name'? Thanks in anticipation. Andrew In news:%23DyiAASlFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andrew Mawby <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> typed: > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, > First Name'. When I open up a new message and click...

Outlook not sending e-mail
Spent past week solving browser hijack problem. Now I can't get my business mail to send although receving is fine. It keeps trying to set up a new account. I've triple checked all settings, retyped them in and no luck. Could this be a registry key issue or soemthing else that may have been affected by all the procedures I tried before getting rid of a hijacker, a worm and a trojan? (In spite of ad-aware, McAfee on line etc.) Can you help? Alice Probably no help without some concrete information - what version of Outlook, what browser hijack was it, what exact errors are you r...

Receive e-mail items in Public Folder in stead of post items
Hi, When I send a mail message to a public folder from an external client (e.g. anonymous client), the PF receives the mail message as a post item. But I want to receive the mail message as a mail message in the PF. I've tried to edit the configuration of the public folder; changing the "When posting to this filder, user:" setting, but this doesn't work (is not allowed???). Thanks in advance! Which setting did you modify? I've used this many times and it has always worked. Which version of Exchange are you running? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809 provides ...

How do I hide e-mail addresses when sending distribution list?
Either put the addresses in the BCC field or use a mail merge. -- Patricia DiGiacomo Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F5F897A-C832-465B-A827-E3D6C6A2E8B3@microsoft.com... > ...