deleted Junk-email folder

I have a user that has deleted his Junk-Email folder in Outlook 2000. We
have Exchange 2003 servers and are using the built in junk mail filtering
with GFI mail essentials so

Now that the user has accidentally deleted his Junk-email folder the
automatic filtering does not work. Even if I manually recreate the folder
and then turn the junk filtering on in OWA (options) it is still not
filtering. Is there a way to get Exchange or Outlook to dynamically recreate
that Junk-Email folder?

0
some (78)

If you have deleted item retention set on Exchange, can the user recover his
deleted Junk Email folder and restore it?

"AdminKen" wrote:

> I have a user that has deleted his Junk-Email folder in Outlook 2000. We
> have Exchange 2003 servers and are using the built in junk mail filtering
> with GFI mail essentials so
>
> Now that the user has accidentally deleted his Junk-email folder the
> automatic filtering does not work. Even if I manually recreate the folder
> and then turn the junk filtering on in OWA (options) it is still not
> filtering. Is there a way to get Exchange or Outlook to dynamically recreate
> that Junk-Email folder?

0
KOrland1 (1012)
4/18/2005 7:31:06 PM
AdminKen <some@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a user that has deleted his Junk-Email folder in Outlook 2000.
> We have Exchange 2003 servers and are using the built in junk mail
> filtering with GFI mail essentials so

How did the user do this?  Deletion of predefined folders is disabled.
--
Brian Tillman
0
AdminKen <some@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a user that has deleted his Junk-Email folder in Outlook 2000.
> We have Exchange 2003 servers and are using the built in junk mail
> filtering with GFI mail essentials so

Try starting Outlook with the /resetfolders switch.
--
Brian Tillman
0

can't insert, delete or move pictures
can't insert, delete or move pictures Sheet protected? parker wrote: > > can't insert, delete or move pictures -- Dave Peterson ...

Mail deleting from virtual inbox
When I open windows mail it automatically downloads and it deletes it from my virtual yahoo inbox, is there a way i can get it to stop deleting it or being able to place those messages back in my inbox to retrieve anywhere? also, it doesnt allow me to send messages so i cant foward them to myself! Thanks, i appreciate ur help! Erika Hey Erika. I was having similar problem a while back. I remember in my webmail (optus) there was an option at the bottom of the list of emails (delete after download). I had to untick this box. You may have something similar, maybe in tools?? Just be aw...

Delete doesnt seem to work in SQL
Can someone possibly tell me why my delete statement in sql is not deleting anything. Table1: CurUser | Inventory John Stalls, Machine John Stalls, Pinball John Stalls, Golf Harry Simpson, Tires Harry Simpson, Boats //--------------------------------------------------------------// String FileName = System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "\\test.db"; string ConnectionString = string.Format(@"Data Source={0};Version=3;New=False", FileName); SQLiteConnection conn = new SQLiteConnection(ConnectionString); conn.Open(); SQLiteCommand cmd = conn.C...

Blank Emails #3
Hello, Environment is Exchange 2003 Standard loaded on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My users are using Outlook 2002(XP) and some of them are using Outlook 2003. Some of them create Rich Text, some Plain Text, some HTML. I have been going through trying all different ones for them. This has never happened until Exchange 2003 (installed roughly 1 1/2 Months ago). Problem only popped up a week ago. The problem is, users are sending and recieving blank emails occasionally. Even the copy that goes into their 'Sent' Items is blank. They all have the latest Service Pa...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

Troubleshooting missing items in Search Folders
Hi, all - I've got OL2003 SP2, and in the interest of organizing my boatload of client correspondence, I've just started setting up search folders for them. I have used Search Folders a lot in the past, but am running into some strangeness... My goal is to find all mail sent to or from me, to or from my clients' registered domain names, looking in my inbox or sent items folder only. I was unable to make a wildcard (to act on anybody@domain.com) if I used a custom search folder, no matter what I did - in advanced, using "TO contains domainname.com" and "FROM c...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

Email with attachments
I have a user reporting that since installing the Laptop CRM client, email with attachments will just sit in his outbox unable to send. Has anyone else heard of a problem like this. He is the only client that we have running Vista. ...

duplicate emails being sent
I have a couple of computers that are sending duplicate emails only when they are sending to more than one recipient. Any idea why this is happening? Jeff ...

can not delete emails
i went out of town and returned with 3000+ emails. some i can delete, some i can not. i have tried to repair and fix, i have tried to create a new profile and import/export everything. any ideas? thanks in advance. yes, the cannot move item(s). The initial error i get when trying to delete is: "the message interface has returned an unknown error. if this persists, restart outlook". The only thing i can think of is a damaged profile??? >-----Original Message----- >Do you get an error when trying to move the item to another folder (e.g. >move the item to the deleted ...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

Searching for Frame in current header and delete it
Dear Experts: For some specific reason I inserted a frame into the current even page header. How can I delete it via VBA on the condition that the cursor resides in the page (of the main document) whose header has got this frame? Other headers, ie. odd page headers and first page header of the current section must not be deleted. Other headers in other sections may also have a frame in the header, but they must not be deleted, either. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Hi Andreas, The following macro will remove all frames from t...

Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&q...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Restoring Public Folder to a Recovery Server
Hello, We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried installing outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database. Thanks in advance Hi, "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery > server (separe forest). We ar...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Default Folder for PST files?
I have a slightly different question relating to the above: I already have my current & archive pst files stored in my own personal folders. When I want to open my archive folder I right-click Outlook Today & select 'Open Outlook Data File'. Everytime, Outlook defaults to its own path (Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\) This is really annoying & I would like it to default to opening a customised path, such as C:\Mail\ Any suggestions? -- Cheers, James Goodman Hi James, if you want to displace your pst file, please ...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

new...delete not work in MFC ? Why ?
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 MFC application generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX > Hi, > > > Check out the following code > char* t=new char[1000]; > t="sdfsdf"; > delete t; > > The rule is simple, if you use "new [...] then you must use delete []" and if you use new ... then simply call delete ... In your case you need to do delete [] t; ....but that's not the end of your problems. "char * t&...

Copy NDRs to public folder
All, I have moved my postmaster mailbox into a mail-enabled folder, which is working fine. However, I cannot get Exchange to send copies of NDRs to the postmaster mailbox. If I select any other "true" mailbox, it's fine. Isn't this supported or am I missing something? Any help appreciated! -- Kind regards, Erik Cheizoo eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running ============================================ Always test in a non-production environment before implementing Guidelines for posting: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 ======================...