Deleted items folder in o2k3

The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding some
25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items folder
alone.

Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently than
messages in other folders?  Would it be better for him to never delete
messages since he doesn't really want to delete them?

0
Wowbagger

It would be better to not delete them since Deleted Items... is for things
you want to get rid of.

"Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message
> The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding
> some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items
> folder alone.
>
> Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently
> than messages in other folders?  Would it be better for him to never
> delete messages since he doesn't really want to delete them?

0
vince8328 (2733)
9/18/2006 2:53:46 PM
Wowbagger <none> wrote:

> The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now
> holding some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the
> deleted items folder alone.

Does he use his wastebasket as a file cabinet as well?  Does he keep his
groceries in the disposal?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/18/2006 6:13:04 PM
messages in the deleted folder are the same as messages in any other folder.
if he wants to keep the messages he needs to stop deleting them.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message
> The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding
> some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items
> folder alone.
>
> Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently
> than messages in other folders?  Would it be better for him to never
> delete messages since he doesn't really want to delete them?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook temporay folder does not exist!!!
Hi all, I have a strange problem with MS-Outlook 2003. When "saving as" an attachment it is being saved to "Docs and settings\user\local settings\temp IE\OLK9" but the folder does not exist(!!!), although when saving it shows quite a big number of existing files. When trying "start-->run-->folder path" it returns invalid path, as if it does not recognise the space in "documents and settings". Trying with "windows explorer" there is no such folder under "IE temp". Has anyone faced this? Did you find a solution? I have found nothi...

Typing deletes text! How do I get back to INSERT mode.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC There it is, folks. I type. The cursor stays in the same place, typing overtop each successive character. Could someone explain how to get back to INSERT mode? Many thanks! Unless you've assigned a keystroke to the Overtype command or added it to a toolbar it's controlled only through: Word> Preferences> Edit, clear the check on Overtype Mode. However, it's possible that you have activated something through OS X itself or have some 3rd party "helper" app triggering the behavior. HTH |:>)...

How do I delete pages from an Excell template of mutiple pages
Someone has set me up with a template of multiple pages. I need to be able to delete and add pages as required for invoices. Any help gratefully received To delete a worksheet, pull-down: Edit > Delete Sheet To insert a new worksheet, pull-down: Insert > Worksheet and then copy the template over to the newly created worksheet. -- Gary's Student "pulcom123" wrote: > Someone has set me up with a template of multiple pages. I need to be able > to delete and add pages as required for invoices. Any help gratefully received How do you edit a template? I mean ...

Buy any 2 Items and get 10% off both items
Hello all, Does anyone know how to automatically give 10% off 2 MIX and MATCH items of different retail prices? EX. scan item A @ 10.00 then scan item B at 20.00 at which point both items will be discounted 10% and so the total would be $27.00. I can provide 10% off 2 items of the same price by setting DISCOUNT MIX and MATCH QTY 2 and UNIT PRICE say $9.00 (i.e. $10.00 dollar item for $9.00 10% off) but cannot link 2 differently priced items. I noticed in a thread the RMS2.0 is capable of handling BUY X GET Y for say 50% off. Does anyone know if it can handle my needs above? Regards!...

Pulling Line Items from Quotes up to Opportunities
Has anyone performed a work around that pulls line items from quotes up to Opportunities. Currently standard CRM pulls line items from Opportunities down to Quotes but not vise versa... Has anyone faced this issue before? Is there a work around? Bob ISS Group ...

Bulk image deletion in Excel 2003
Hi, Here is my problem: I am trying to dump a bunch of HTML data tables into Excel spreadsheets. The HTML formatting is important for me, so I just use "Copy and Paste" function that allows me to preserve HTML like look of the tables. However, along with the formatting this function also preserves a bunch of tiny images that are present in the original HTML file but are not necessary in the Excel file. There are on average about 16 or them per table, and right now I have to go through nearly 200 tables and click on each image separately in order to get rid of them. So, here is my q...

exchange 2003 cluster move exchsrvr folder to new disk
hi i have exchange 2003 two nodes, the F: drive has the storage data of cluster and here is locate the f:\exchsrvr folder cluster, the quorum dis is G: i have new phisical disk of san that is H: i will use to storage data of cluster and Q: i will use this to quorun disk. i just move the quorum disk from G: to Q: disk and it work good. but in need move the f:\exchsrvr folder to nes disk G: how can i do this. thanks for your help. On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:07:02 -0700, exgwill <exgwill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi >i have exchange 2003 two nodes, the F: drive has th...

How do I delete hidden character in Excel?
Hi, I have exported a table from Access 2000 to Excel 2000. However, all the fields have a hidden character in front which is ' I am unable to do any formulas as it doesn't recognise it as a number but has the number format. I can't get rid of it when doing a search and replace either. Can you help? Thanks. Isa, You could try using the CLEAN worksheet function. e.g. if your data is on Sheet1 create a new sheet and in Cell A1 of that sheet enter =CLEAN('Sheet1'!A1) and drag-copy that formula to an area the same size as the data on Sheet1. Having done that you may want ...

Outlook folder permissions. Help!
I need to find out 2 things. 1. How to prevent users from changing their own folder permissions. 2. How to change user's permissions remotely? are there any utilities in exchange server 5.5 that do that? If you know the answer please reply to alex25ny@hotmail.com as soon as possible. thanks in advance. ...

How do I delete multiple items in a survey list?
I know I can do it individually or I could delete the whole survey but I currently have a regular monthly survey which I send out via MOSS which has over 100 responses and I don't want to delete one by one ready for next month. Any ideas? I don't work with surveys, so I'm not sure, but can you display the list in datasheet view and delete them that way? -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "DeanO" <DeanO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C001E5E-9019-46FC-B06D-73A6AD35875C@microsoft.com... ...

Cannot Delete Account!?
I have 02 Deluxe running on XP. When I try to delete one of my accounts, a message appears saying "Money is unable to write to the money file or another program has finished the task for you. Please try again." I hit ok and it pops up again. I hit ok again and it disappears. The file is not read only and I can delete the transactions in that account. of course, nowhere on this site does it say anything about this error message. Anybody? I can tell you that I have the same problem and mine is because of corrupt transactions in the account. This also doesn't mean this is th...

Could not retrive deleted item
Hi, We have E2K3 Ent. running on top of W2K3 Std. server. We've noticed a problem with deleted items in user's mailbox. After an user deletes an email in either outlook 2k or outlook 2K3, he/she can't recover the deleted items in outlook. The 'recover delete item' does not show any deleted emails or objects, the list is blank. The information store default is set to retain for 14 days for deleted emails, 30 days for deleted mailboxes, and it is checked for do not delete permanently until after a back is completed. This situation is very strange, some users don't ...

Imported Items Do Not Appear
I have been reading this newsgroup in the hopes of finding an answer to the problem where I import a QIF file and the transactions do not appear in the register. I see the "Items to Review (78)" on the side, but the transactions do not show up. Here is what I have done: 1) Everything in KB829143 (Internet options, repairing, reinstalling, etc). No difference. 2) Everything Carl has been recommending (Internet options, "msmoney -s", etc). 3) I even started a new MNY file with only a credit card account, tried to import again, and had the same problem. NOTICE: This is ...

Accessing a folder in Windows Explorer
I am using Vista (64-bit) on a desktop, and I am attempting to access/salvage folders on a hard drive from my laptop (that is no longer bootable) in order to copy these files to another device. The old hard drive ran on a Windows 2000 platform, and I am attempting to access a User folder under Documents and Settings. My Vista system tells me that I do not have permission to access this folder. I have right-clicked on this folder to bring up Properties, and it appears that I do have authority. In Windows 2000 one was able to log on as an Administrator, but in Vista I go straig...

Lost items in my inbox...desperate for help, if any
I have outlook express 6 installed on Windows XP OS. When we last accessed our inbox, which had several read items along with five new messages, outlook froze (was hanging). I tried to close the application with task manager and was unsuccessful. I tried to do a restart and, again, was unsuccessful. I eventually had to power off my pc. When I restarted, I had no items in my inbox. Please help, I had crucial information contained in this folder. Appreciate any insight. John A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook...

outlook 2002 startup folder
We are using outlook 2002 connecting to a dovecot imap server. We want to set the default start up folder to be the inbox on the imap server. However outlook 2002 wants to start up in the inbox under his offline folders. Can you change this behavior? ...

Cannot create a public folder
When I try to create public folders in outlook (2007) I can't. So I went to the server (Exchange server 2003 running on a Windows Server 2003 DC with SP1). In ESM, I migrate to Admin Groups, First Admin Group, Folders, Public Folders. (there are no default subfolders in there.) If I click on Public Folders I get the following error: Invalid Argument Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070057 Exchange System Manager If I click OK I can get the dialog for Public Folders. In the right hand pane I right click to Add a public folder. I fill in the dialog to create the folder then click OK. When I do t...

2000 item limit in Outlook 2003?
Has anyone ever received this error message? I have Outlook 2003 at work that I synch to a Dell Axim. I recently bought a new home computer with Microsoft Office 2003. I went to sync the work calendar to the home Outlook 2003 with the Axim and I get the following error message as it attempts to load the complete calendar: __________________ Outlook Connector Version 1.7.2811.0 Account: me@myaccount.com Signed in successfully at 7/15/2006 11:14:30 AM Mail: Last successfully refreshed at 12:13 PM. Calendar: Last successfully refreshed at 12:13 PM. Contacts: Last successfully refreshed...

New Mail & Folder Expansion
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C59B22.A2EECEC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have several rules which send new mail messages to sub-folders that = I've created in Outlook. Typically I keep many of these folder trees = collapsed. I'm searching for an Outlook setting or registry edit that = will automatically expand the folder tree to show any folders that = receive a new message. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Kind Regards, --=20 Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP...

Deleting parts of data
On my data sheet, I have 5#-4#-2#(on colume B only Ex 12345-6789-01) was hoping to find a way to delete hypens and last 2#. It would tak me a while to erase this manually. thanks for your help! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if this is stored as 'Text (and is not a custom format) try the following formula =SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2),"-","") and if you want this stored as a number use =--SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2),"-","") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > On my data sheet, I have 5#-4#-2#(on colume B ...

Deleting Formulas... After using =VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm trying to delete the formulas in an entire speadsheet all at once. The cells are linked to another file, and I just need some of th information from cells in the other file, and now when I open the ne one, It requires an update from the second.... This is what I did. 2 separate reports... Report A (the one I need) containing certai columns of information needed, and is constantly input into by man users.. roughly 500 employee's worth of data.. and Report B .. exported from our database.... with a total number of about 300 employees... containing information that is and is...

PUBLIC FOLDER CONTACTS #2
Hey everyone. I'm having an issue where certain users are not able to add a public folder to their contacts. I have two users who can add it, but the other users have the option greyed out when I view the properties of the folder. Everyone is a publishing editor in this particular folder. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is not working? do they have the Outlook Address Book service in their Outlook profiles? "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44F9AE3A-8CB6-49E7-A6E8-FF2609CFDDD2@microsoft.com... > Hey everyone. I'm h...

Help
Hi All- First - I am a newbie to Exhange 2003 - all my experience is earlier versions. 2 Exchange servers - pretty standard setup - front end - back end config - Mail enabled Public Folders were not replicating for about two weeks. I think I have it fixed - but I was wondering if the missed emails will be hiding in the system anywhere (there were no non-deliv reports of any kind) Here were the events: 1) server_front and server_back existed 2) server_front started experiencing hardware probs - time to retire it 3) third server - call it server_new_front was built and added as a thir...

Update/Delete Query
I have a list showing quanity and date and when I click on an item and press cmd_Cancel a new form pops up frm_Cancel Record. When I click cmd_Done in the frm_Cancel Record a delete and update query is run and the value is deleted from the table. However if I have more than one entry in the listbox and I want to delete only one entry Access deletes all of the entries in the list!! Any idea why? The on click event for cmd_Done is ; Private Sub Command17_Click() stDocName = "qry_Balance (Update)" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit stDocName = "qry_Ba...

How to open a folder shortcut in same WinExplorer?
Assume I create a shortcut to a folder in WInExplorer. When I click now on this shortcut a NEW WinExplorer window is opened which displays the content of the taregt folder. How can I achieve that the target folder is opened in the SAME WinExplorer window? Cindy Clicking on that folder shortcut from within Windows Explorer should switch to that folder. Unless you have set Open each folder in it's own window in Folder Options. Cindy Parker wrote: > Assume I create a shortcut to a folder in WInExplorer. > > When I click now on this shortcut a NEW WinExplore...