Delete recurring appointment but keep history

Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the previous
occurances of the meeting for historical purposes?
Thanks
0
markj (32)

markj <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the
> previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes?

Why not open the series and put an end date of today on the recurrence?
That should remove all future occurrences, but keep the past ones.

I believe I read that Outlook will keep only 18 months of past entries.  Do
you see any history older than that?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/15/2004 2:26:03 PM
Hi Brian,

That should do the trick. Thanks for your response

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> markj <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the
> > previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes?
>
> Why not open the series and put an end date of today on the recurrence?
> That should remove all future occurrences, but keep the past ones.
>
> I believe I read that Outlook will keep only 18 months of past entries.  Do
> you see any history older than that?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
markj (32)

deleted emails 03-10-10
how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? sort the deleted items folder on FROM address "blmc" wrote: > how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? ...

Cannot mass delete emails "not responding"
Hi i am having trouble recently doing any mass deletion of emails in the "sent" or "deleted Items" boxes. A message comes up saying "not responding"when the computer freezes Any help would be greatful And an individual delete is OK? And with outlook closed, if you run the repair tool, scanpst.exe against your data file, what is the result? "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D2967CD-7B49-422F-A312-C72BBE2C5D71@microsoft.com... > Hi i am having trouble recently doing any mass deletion of emails in the...

Extracting Calendar appointments from Exchange DB
Where do I start?! vb script? odbc? SQL Server Query Analyzer? Thanks Jimbo wrote: > Where do I start?! > > vb script? odbc? SQL Server Query Analyzer? > > Thanks Exchange SDK, CDO Once you understand the different methods for getting to what you are looking for, then you can decide what method (vbscript, C++, etc.) "Douglas Buchanan [MVP]" <dbuchanan@d2removethisltd.com> wrote in news:uANXB5z6DHA.2712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Jimbo wrote: > >> Where do I start?! >> >> vb script? odbc? SQL Server Query Analyzer? >> &g...

edit recurring tasks
Is there any way to access and edit a single, specific recurring task? Hmmm, can you be more specific? The way I understand the question, then all you have to do is double click the instance (calendar appointment or To Do task )and in the window that pops up, click on Recuring task and edit the properties, after choosing whether you wish for the editing to happen to that occuance only or the whole series... -Normand >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to access and edit a single, specific >recurring task? > >. > ...

unexpected error when deleting users in PDK
Hi all, i have recently been handed down GP and PDK. i can't say that i know much of it, so please excuse me if i'm asking stupid questions. in the Setup>System>User window, i have ran out of licenses. i have been trying to delete old employee to free up licenses. but when i select a user to delete and press on the 'delete' button, i get an error message saying that an unexpected error occured, and to contact the SQL Server administrator. the user is not deleted, and my licenses are still 0. however, i do noticed that even though i get an error, the database u...

Unable to delete duplicate accounts in Money 2006
I have been using MS Money now for several years and am currently using Money 2006 Premium. I have been using the same data file for many years. Years ago I had an account with Washington Mutual Bank, which I subsequently closed, opting for Wells Fargo. I recently opened a "new" account with Washington Mutual and re created accounts for WaMu in Money 2006. I thought that this would be the end ot if. However I found that now, I have three sets of accounts listed in Money. Two sets of duplicates (Washington Mutual (checking and savings) and Washington Mutual (checking and saving...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Outlook Meeting alerts - all day appointments
Our office sends all day appointments (so that they appear at the top of the calendar day) for work from home, vacation, and sick notices to our respective teams so that at-a-glance we can see who is out for the day. We ask that everyone select Alert = None. Recently we have experienced this issue: Alerts are being sent to the invitees. When the sender is told of this and they open their appointment, None is showing. (This never happened in the past. We're not sure what might have changed except that we all went to 2007 last August.) Is this a bug or is there some configurat...

Delete Blank Lines
Hi All: I have a file with many blank lines. I don't want to delete them by hands because this is a huge file. Is there any way I can delete these blank lines wisely? Any advice and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Charles Charles, How about sorting the file and then "mass" highlighting and deleting them? -- Ken Hudson "Charles" wrote: > Hi All: > > I have a file with many blank lines. I don't want to delete them by hands > because this is a huge file. Is there any way I can delete these blank > lines wisely? Any a...

Keeping Outlook2007 in Background
I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to keep in front. I can't find any preferences to set that will keep this from happening. Any solutions? "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:674247F4-CC24-4970-A070-A195658EA441@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook >from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to >keep in front. I can't find an...

Want to keep seperate personal contact list,addr book and PST file
This message is cross posted in two groups public.outlook and public.outlook.general At work, I keep a personal pst file for personal email in a seperate directory with personal files. Every 6 months to a year, I create a new one, retire the old one and back it up to CD, no problem. This keeps my personal stuff completely seperate from work stuff. Oh yeah, Windows2000Pro & Outlook 2000 (connected to Exchange server I believe, whatever that means) I would like to do the same with my contact information. It seems to me that the contact info is in the "main" pst file. I cannot ev...

When you open a message (in a new window), and copy one or more files contained in this message, and then close the window, the file is not kept in the clipboard. I have to copy the file and paste it before closing the window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

accidentally deleted file....
Yes foolish follish me... I was doing some serious house-cleaning on my computer because is had accumulated a fair amount of spyware in the last 5 years, and was dumping some irrelevent files from the 'program files' folder, unfortunatly the 'MAPI 1.0' was included in the block i selected. Without this fill I am unable to access my e-mail without going through the bothersom task of visiting my ISP's website. Yes, Outlook 2000 has failed. Is it possible that anybody could either mail that file to me, or tell me where to get it?? thanks a million and i appoligi...

Accidental deletion of Unread Mail Folder
Hello. I am using Outlook 2003, and by accident, I deleted the Unread Mail folder from my Favorite Folders list. Is there any way to restore it? Or, I can create a new folder, but how do I get it to contain only unread mail? Thanks for your help! -Matt If you right click the root search folder and select New Search Folder > Unread Mail, once it is created right click Unread Folder and choose Customize this folder and use the Browse button to select what folders/sub folders to include. "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09e501c3d9de$6c...

Operation failed when deleting messages
We have an Outlook 2003 user who receives the following error: "the operation failed" anytime a he tries to delete a message. No other information is given with the error. We are running Exchange 2003. He can log in through the outlook web interface and delete messages. Its possible that this began occurring after a power outage. Any suggestions? signaturefactory@signaturefactory.com wrote: >We have an Outlook 2003 user who receives the following error: "the >operation failed" anytime a he tries to delete a message. No other >information is given with th...

registering my product wont work
OK - so Im trying not to freak out but it took me forever to save up for 2008 Home &amp; Student Edition. I ewnt to best buy, plunked down $165 after taxes, went home, opened it up, and found that there were three different product ID's pasted as labels on the back of the sleeve containing the install CD... Not knowing what to do i simply picked the one at the top and proceeded with installation, everything went along swimmingly - all my old crap was deleted and all my important settings migrated without a hitch however - when i went to register my software it keeps telling me that my ...

How to create and delete recovery points for DPM via PowerShell
Knowing how to manipulate DPM by way of PowerShell can come in handy in many situations. For example, I had a case to where I was troubleshooting the DPM console that was crashing and there was a concern as to whether or not recovery points where being made for specific protection groups. Using the PowerShell command we could not only verify this, but we could create a recovery point to any protection group we wished. Another example would be if you wanted to delete some recovery points to reclaim some disk space. Recovery points cannot be deleted by the GUI so you have to use P...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them #2
I wanted to find a way to make it automatically because i have to do i in many worksheets, but this works great, Thanks a lot for the hel -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 ...

Changing default Appointment Time from 30 minutes?
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30 minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003. Stephen Morgan <kpsm99@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30 > minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003. Do you mean by "default appointment time" to be the time Outlook gives you between the start and end times when you create a new appointment? I believe 30 minutes is the minimum unless the slot for the appointment is preselected. If you...

Deletting last work from Cell
Hi Does anyone know the formula for deleting the last word from the cell For example my cells read M04274059519 Total ...

APPOINTMENT AUTO COMPLETE
Hi, Does anyone know of a way to stop MS CRM from automatically completing appointments? When I get back in the office having attended an appointment I want to be able to add necessary comments and close the appointment manually. At the moment I come back into the office and my appointments are already in my closed activities list! Thanks in advance Lee is this a clue? Microsoft SQL Server has a database maintenance task that automatically closes past appointments at a scheduled time each day. The default time is 12am. MORE INFORMATION Appointments that have a scheduled end date in the ...

utility that can delete files
Does anyone knows a utility that can delete files recursively from a folder? I used so far the dos command line "del /S *" but I prefer a Windows utility Regards Gomez Del is a Windows utility, perhaps you meant something with a GUI? Gomez wrote: > Does anyone knows a utility that can delete files recursively from a folder? > I used so far the dos command line "del /S *" but I prefer a Windows > utility > Regards > Gomez > > there are utilities that wipe the disk of deleted files. however, there are differing opinion...

Unable to delete user who left the company
Hi there, We are unable to delete user who left the company....how do we achieve this? tks, Dan In CRM you are only able to de-activate a user. This is so that historical data is preserved. You can use the web interface to re-assign a user's records to another user. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Daniel Jewel" wrote: > Hi there, > > We are unable to delete user who left the company....how do we achieve this? > > tks, > > Dan > > > I see the point... many thanks, Matt, Dan "MattNC" <MattNC...

Again
This has been an issue for a few weeks now. I have observed not only an arbitrary deletion of a message that came into my Inbox about 2 minutes before, but also seeing the Deleted Items folder being completely emptied. Both actions took place within a few seconds of each other This occured with zero user input from me and there are no user recipient policies in place. The enviroment is Exchange 2000\SP3 under Windows 2k, fully patched Nothing out of the ordinary in event viewer. No recipient message policies. No nothing. Any thoughts? George Do you see vanished messages as rec...

How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?
I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing users to "close" the opportunity with a reason. This update needs to be in two places: 1) Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the screen. 2) Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>. Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen? Thanks. Steve. Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this. -Chris There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what you c...