Delete e-mails without link opening automatically

Various ads and e-mail messages will open while I am
right clicking and trying to delete them.  I have the
options set so that e-mails do not open automatically
when I view them.
0
anonymous (74722)

So you have the Preview Pane/Reading Pane disabled, then?  You don't have to
right-click an item to delete it...either just select it and press Delete
(or click the Delete button), or hold down the SHIFT key while
pressing/clicking Delete if you want to permanently delete the item instead
of sending it to the Deleted Items folder.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:02ca01c3af9e$d9b5cdd0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
J Kelley wrote:

> Various ads and e-mail messages will open while I am
> right clicking and trying to delete them.  I have the
> options set so that e-mails do not open automatically
> when I view them.

turn off automatic hyperlink Publisher 2003
How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type with stupid underlining? High-light the email, Insert, Hyperlink, Remove Link. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E198309-1F6A-46F2-94A5-C12D64C7452E@microsoft.com... > How do I avoid automatic formatting of e-mail addresses to stupid blue type > with stupid underlining? Or you could change your color scheme to a custom color scheme, and change the hyperlink (and followed hyperlink) color to match your ...

Create an automatic profile?????
How can I create an automatic user profile for outlook xp=20 to access exchange 5.5 mailbox??? I know that there is a=20 command line that create the user profile automatically. []s Cleiton Silva S=E3o Paulo/Brazil "Cleiton Silva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8bd701c3e98a$7ba8e210$a601280a@phx.gbl... How can I create an automatic user profile for outlook xp to access exchange 5.5 mailbox??? I know that there is a command line that create the user profile automatically. []s Cleiton Silva S�o Paulo/Brazil Try Outlook Profiler http://goff....

Linking Formats Across Cells
anyone know if I can link formats across cells? For example, if I fill a cell with a color, can I link it to another cell that will do the same ? thanks. Try the FormatPainter, the little PaintBrush icon up in the tool bar...........click on your colored cell, then click on the icon, then click and drag on the cells you want to be the same........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "RB" <RB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8ABE47-2671-447C-8CC6-2D784EEECE00@microsoft.com... > anyone know if I can link formats across cells? For example, if I fill a cell ...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Links is in gray color (deactivate). How can I activate?
In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. Help please. Thans Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. yclhk "Rechie" wrote: > In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. > Help please. > Thans > Hi, Links Menu is still with gray color which means is not activated. "yclhk" wrote: > Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. > > yclhk > > "Rechie" wrote: > > > In Edit Menu,...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

junk mail #6
I'd like to copy the "junk mail folder" e-mail addresses to another folder outside of outlook. Is there a way to export all the e-mail addresses in the "junk mail folder", or Are these addresses kept in a folder in some Microsoft Office directory that can be accessed. ...

bad mail folder #3
Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder. The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on. I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is spam). Thank you What version of Exchange? You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303 Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no members...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

Opening Email Program in IE8
When I try to open my email program with the envelope icon on my IE8 toolbar I get the error message: cannot perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed. This was working fine and suddenly stopped. How can I correct? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Also state your default Mail Client (e.g., Outlook Express; Windows Mail; Outlook; Thunderbird; Windows Live Mail; Yahoo Mail). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA...

Opening Access 2000 in Access 2003
I have written an application using Access 2000 and given it to a person using Access 2003. When the application is started in Access 2003 a series of security warnings are given with an option to turn off execution by the "offending" features of the application. Even after the features are turned off, and one is prompted to restart Access to implement the new security preferences, a smaller security warning is still given each time the application is opened. After all this the application runs satisfactorily in Access 2003. I should point out that the application is not infected...

Outlook won't stay open
Everytime I click on any other program, Outlook closes. This just started after I downloaded the new Microsoft search toolbar. I am not using it but since then, when I click on another program, Outlook automatically closes. I have to reopen it every time I need it. Outlook Express is my main mail program and I am using Outlook 2000. with Windows XP. I have been using it successfully for many years until this past week when this began. -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 189 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails....

How to copy a field of A excel file to B Excel file automatically?
I need to copy some fields of A.xls to B.xls every night at 12:00. how can I do that? I'd try one of two methods. First, use the MS Windows "scheduler" to fire off you spreadsheet at midnight (make sure to leave the computer turned on) and have a VBA macro triggered when the workbook is opened to perform the data movement. A second, albeit more difficult method, would be to write VBA code to structure an internal timer that would watch for midnight. In this case, you'd have to open the workbook before going home for the day, and activate the macro that sets ...

Unwanted automatic attachment
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2002. Lately, whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook automatically attaches copies of the .gif bullet points included in my stationary ("Modular"). The bullet points don't show up in the "Attachments" line of the message before its sent, so I can't delete them. They only show up if I send the message to myself, or if someone replies to my message. I've deleted the bullet points from the Word clipart files, but they still show up. I've also changed my signature, after seeing posted advice concerning the automatic attachme...

Combo boxes and linked ranges
I have created a spread sheet for printing and storing dog show information I have created a combo box to call up the various show venues from a named range. Is it possible to somehow link the 'secretary', 'address etc' columns to appear in the appropriate postions as indicted on the screen shot Ted Cullen [image: http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/reviver/excel.jpg] --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Yes, it's is. Use VLOOKUP function for it. With additional information in adjacent columns to show venues list (from where you defined the named range...

How to delete task request from inbox on Outlook 2007
For 13.5 months a "task request" from a coworker has been parked in my inbox. The task is complete and was marked as such but I cannot delete it, move it, reply to it, forward it, or take ANY action on it without the message "the operation failed" popping up. Any suggestions on how to clear this would be appreciated. The coworker has cleared this on his outlook as well and our IT guy has not been able to do anything with it either. In fact, nobody in the office has any idea why my system is unique this way. I've never had issues with any other tas...

deleting files / freeing space
When I delete files by hilighting, pressing delete then emptying the recycle bin ----- no space actually gets cleared up When i delete by holding shift + delete ---- space does free up I'm running: XP Home Version 2002 SP3 I'm not crazy or a newbie but am an MCTS and have never seen this before in all my years ghostsniper007 wrote: > When I delete files by hilighting, pressing delete then emptying the > recycle bin ----- no space actually gets cleared up > > When i delete by holding shift + delete ---- space does free up > > I'm running: XP Ho...

Another unclear e-learning question
Hi! The question is: "If you were creating a culture of your own using the CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder class, which value would you set for the CultureAndRegionModifiers parameter ?" 1. None 2. Neutral. 3. Replacement In this question it's not quite clear if the question mean if a new culture from scratch should be created or if an existing culture should be changed. If the question mean that a competely new culture from scratch than alternative 1 or 2 should be used. Alternative 1 for a neutral culture and 2 for a specific culture. If the question mean...

Can't connect to links
We have 3 computers all running XP Pro connected through a Linksys router. Problem is when I click on a link in an email on my desktop (Outlook 2003) I am directed to www.comcast.net instead of the site. I have tried several different links. I am able to connect to the sites through my Comcast web based mail, my wife's computer (Outlook 2003) and my laptop (Outlook 2007). I did a detect and repair with the Office 2003 CD and the problem continues. Any ideas please? Thanks, ...

'Turning on' automatic name checking and completion??
Does anyone know how to get this function to work. I see alot of info on how to disable it, but nothing on how to get it to work. In the Advanced Email options I have these to items checked: 1) Automatic Name Checking 2) Suggest names while completing To, CC, and BCC F fields. But when I start typing a name or email address it does not search. I have used the 'detect & repair' option on outlook and tried it on a clean outlook install and still nothing. Any Suggestions? Sounds like normal behavior to me. "Suggest Names" works while you type, but only uses data ...

Bellsouth.net mail not coming into OL2007
I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into OL2007. Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. I spent 4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are messages that aren't coming to OL2007. The send/receive is just hanging up. Any help is appreciated. You should not change any windows files on the advice of att. Startup files have nothing to do with Outlook. You must have an error in your account or c...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

ADO Error Attempting to Link Table
Hi, I am attempting to link a table from an user-level security database to an unsecured databaes. The error I get is: Run Time Error -2147467259, Could not find installable ISAM. I have done much searching but I haven't come up with any solutions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Option Compare Database Dim adoCn As ADODB.Connection Dim adoCat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim adoTbl As New ADOX.Table Private Sub createlink_Click() 'Create Link.. Set adoCat = New ADOX.Catalog Set adoCat.ActiveConnection = adoCn Set adoTbl.ParentCatalog = adoCat adoTbl.Name = "LinkTable" adoTbl...

OL03 and Exch 03 with Mail Marshal
Does anyone know if Mail Marshal (or other filtering s/ware) can add the SCL Rating or another marker to emails so that Outlook 03 can automatically put them into the junk mail folder? If so, can the Junk mail settings in Outlook be set by Group Policy or do they need to be pre-done when we upgrade the PC's? cheers Martin ...