Delegate marks messages as read

Hello everybody, I have the following problem: I configured an Exchange 2003
mailbox on Outlook 2003. On another client I configured (alway on Outlook
2003) a delegate who reads his mailbox and my mailbox.
The problem is that when he reads my messages he marks them as read, and
unfortunatly this messages are displayed as read on my outlook too.
As a result I cannot distinguish which messages are new to me.
Is there a way to avoid it?
Thanks

0
mcorda (1)

error message 800ccc78
-- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxxxxxx@aol.com'. Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 ...

How does Find in Outlook retrieve messages?
I am using Outlook 2003 SP3 on WinXP SP2. In Outlook, when I use the Tools | Find feature for a very basic search, I have noticed something odd. It seems that Outlook finds the oldest messages first and the newest messages last. This does not seem so helpful to me. Can anyone shed some explanantion on how Outlook conducts this search, and why the oldest messages are retrieved first? Also, is there a way to change this behavior? I'd like Outlook to retrieve the newest messages first. Thanks, Jennifer "Jennifer Q" wrote in message news:OPUUAvhWIHA.1376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx....

error message everytime I reboot the exchange server
We are running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server box and everytime I reboot the server I get this error message, "WTEXCHANGE" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Unknown" Services - "Error" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" The server is working great, we just always get this message. Any ideas on what is causing it? Please email me at jerry.king@ktechserv.com Jerry It appears you have monitoring setup on the Exchaneg box. One of the services that you have set to monitor i...

Where is the Delete Messages options?
I've looked and looked without success. I'm pretty sure I saw it before. Its where it asks you if you want to save a copy of messages on the server and then should give an option for it to be deleted from the server when you delete it from your Deleted folder in Outlook. That seems like a good way of syncing things. I bet you know your Outlook version. I bet you know your mail account type. Since we don't, how can we answer your question, even if you post it twice? -- Russ Valentine "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message news:op.u7oef5vpu4oxh...

How delete failed messages?
I have four messages that failed to upload. How do I delete them so that I don't keep getting the error messages? If you click on Outbox and then highlight each message, you can either click X in the left corner, right click the mouse and choose delete or hit the delete key on the keyboard. That should work for you. "Bobby77501" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message news:Ig4Bb.5242$Ho3.4359@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I have four messages that failed to upload. How do I delete them so that I > don't keep getting the error messages? > > I shoul...

Preventing changes to received messages
Outlook allows me to modify a received message's body and subject field. So if Bob sends me an email, I can open it, change the body's content, save it, and it looks like that's how I received it. Then if I print or forward it, it looks like Bob sent me something he in reality didn't. Is there a way to disable that? Can the integrity of a received message be protected? Can this be done without digital signitures? Hi, I do not think that is possible !!! Sorry for that . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in mes...

Message stuck in in box
I have this problem. How do i get these messages out and onto the person sent to. I look at others with the same problem but did not find an answer. Please help! See www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ steve "Patricia" <Patricia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0256767-38C4-40EF-85A0-732D81D90A42@microsoft.com... >I have this problem. How do i get these messages out and onto the person >sent > to. I look at others with the same problem but did not find an answer. > Please help! Hello Patricia, In addition, the options listed in ...

getting HQ error message when posting payment on account
my company is using RMS with two stores connected to Headquarters. each store database resides on a workstation at the store, and the headquarters database is on a server in a different office. however, all of the computers are on the same local area network, all connected by a fiber connection with plenty of bandwidth. at each store database, we have the option to "connect to HQ to get a customer's open ARs" turned on in the configuration. in headquarters, we our HQ server set up with port 34200 in headquarters client at the FIRST store's database, we have the HQ s...

What Is the Term for Sending Messages to a List, but Recipent Only Sees His/her Address
In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients, but each recipient received the message with only his address displayed. The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is. I have the instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term. Thanks, Dennis BCC (blind carbon copy) or Mail Merge might be what you're looking for? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Dennis Hughes" wrote: &...

error in sending message
I am having problems sending my assignments for my online courses. I really need help . I have unti 12:oo am. What type of assignments? Attachments? What size> Error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles Robinson" <brendarobinsson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uv8AYw8nKHA.5552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am having problems sending my assignments...

importing saved messages from 2 accounts in outlook express
I just installed Outlook today and am having some trouble importing saved messages and folders. I currently use 2 seperate email accounts in outlook express (both w/ comcast) and have save folders and messages in each one. Outlook Express made it so easy, just switch identies. The problem I'm having is that Outlook is only importing folders/messages from 1 of the 2 accounts, the main account. I have set up both accounts in outlook exactly as they were in outlook express. I have switched the default user in outlook and tried importing again....same outcome...it reimports the same...

problems reading email
I have a yahoo email account sychronized to Outlook. =20 Several bizarre things are happening: Occasional emails from Lotus Notes users appear as=20 garbled text (like this for example: = azj'{+hj&#1874;'$Vz)&#52585;ej&#1576;j. &#1832;^j&#485;z&#1630; ). The emails when read using the web interface = (yahoo, internet explorer) are fine. Emails sent to one site (again Lotus Notes) in particular=20 are switching the Sender and Receiver - they come back to=20 me as if from the other person, but it is just my=20 original message. This happens only sporadically ...

Large unsendable unremovable message
I tried to send an e-mail message with attachments that came to 10MB in size. The problem is that I use the free version of Hotmail that only gives me 2MB total space. The message is now stuck in limbo in Outlook 2003. It will not send, and I cannot delete the message. It does not leave my Outbox. Every time that I start Outlook the program tries to send this giant e-mail message, yet can't accomplish the task due to the 2MB Hotmail limit. What can I do?????????? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Out...

deleting messages in M drive
Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive? Is this a good way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages? Thanks, Mario general consensus is to not touch the M:\ drive - pretend it does not exist...don't virusscan it, don't back it up, do not touch it... "Mario Santonastaso" <santonm@campbellhall.org> wrote in message news:vtn7a0tu88fl61lj2h8nivkujr5sct1cim@4ax.com... > Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive? Is this a good > way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages? > Thanks, > Mario Susan is right. The...

Re: Setting plain text to read all incoming message for Outlook 2k ?
Hi Brian and thanks for your answer (I have read just now your mail because i was on holiday). I tried it. You are right, version number is 9.0, but unfortunatly the key doesn't work on Outlook 2000: I still read all message in their orginal format. Maybe is it only for 2003. Thanks again, Luke >-----Original Message----- >Luke <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I know there is an option in Outlook Express to read all >> message as plain text and I read about a similar option >> introduced in Outlook 2003. >> >> Does someon...

error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with other char
I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type" with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county what am i doing wrong? Hi, I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens when you try to combine charts that will not mix. When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on the same ...

Requesting Read Receipts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Does anyone know if Entourage has the capability of requesting a &quot;Read Receipt&quot; or &quot;Receipt Verification&quot; with sent emails. I cannot seem to find out where this option is? <br><br>Thanks, D8 > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348193503_77538 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Of course yo...

Messages Delivered/Min
I am trying to use the Messages Deliviered/min counter to alert me when our Exchange server reaches a low threshold for receiving mail. When an alert is configured to sample every 5 minutes, does it use the average Messages Delivered/min over the past 5 minutes or does it use the instantaneous value for Messages Delivered/min?? We have a relatively low-volume Exchange environment, and if I sample every minute I am sometimes likely to have no messages delivered, but I would, for example, like to know if over the course of an hour whether or not my Exchange server has delivered any mail...

Noticeable delay in sending email message
Why is there a ntocieable delay, 30-60 seconds, from when I click the send button to when my either new, reply to, or forward message is actually sent? The messages can or cannot have attachments and can be short, 100-150 words, to long. My account is a hotmail account. Is it such the email server that is hosting me or is there a settiing I can change? I am using Norton Internet Security online and have turned OFF the setting to scan all outgoing email. Dan Why not set up a second email account, the one you have through your = ISP? That way you can compare the two accounts, an...

For those who cannot post messages here
For the past two days I was unable to post my message below (WordArt – Publisher 2003) As I was getting the following message I thought this page was under maintenance work Service Temporarily Unavailable We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later Buuuuut, other people’s messages keep coming in. Why? How? This made me go through all the help-pages and rule-pages – with no solution Cutting a long story short, it was because of one particular setting of Norton 2003 If you have Norton 2003 installed in you PC and are unable to post your message, please go to Norton Internet...

"Not a valid password" message

Read receipts not returning
Hello, We have a user who uses the read receipt option in Outlook 2007. Recently he has been complaining that he does not get as many read reciepts back anymore. He said they have dramtically stopped about a difference of 95%. Nothing has been changed on the Exchange side so what else could be causing the problem of him not recieving all of his read reciepts back? Thanks!! Sending a read receipt is controlled by the person receiving the e-mail. If they elect to prevent the sending of them your user isn't going to get them. DC wrote: > Hello, > > We ...

re-import old messages into Entourage after crash?
Basically, since Entourage kept quitting on startup, I followed MS's directions and created a new "main identity." Great, Entourage works fine now, but all my old messages are gone! I know where they are, though--in my old "Main identity" folder in a file called "Messages"--98 MB of them. I tried replacing the "Messages" file in my new main identity folder with my old "Messages" file, but Entourage still only shows one message in the inbox! "Import" won't let me import the old "Messages" file. I can't drag and ...

Problem prefixing lines with >in original message
Using Outlook 2007, Vista Home Premium SP2, HP DV6500 Notebook When I select Go>News, Windows Mail is now used where previoius versions = of Windows have used Outlook Express.=20 When replying to newsgroup messages using freenews.netfront.net or = news.aioe.org, the repeated original message lines are not prefixed with = the > symbol, despite options being set to do this. When using Microsoft = Communities, the prefix is added. This seems to be a problem that has = started recently despite my not having knowingly changed any settings. Any help appreciated. Thanks Dave S. ...

read only
help, read only was set in my page without my input. how do i undo there was no password set to protect, however, the cells are all locked into readonly Tools > Protection > Unprotect sheet. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200842 "yO" wrote: > help, read only was set in my page without my input. how do i undo > there was no password set to protect, however, the cells are all locked into > readonly Have you tried.......Tools > Protection > UnprotectSheet ? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "yO" <yO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...