delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send

on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday
afternoon.

equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet
access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning.

Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed
connected to Exchange server during downtime.  During downtime,
Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay'
messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it
is now trying to send.

Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the
scheduled email were sent out.  User who scheduled the delayed email
received 4667 delivery status notifications.

Recipient received 9334 (double the number of delivery status
notifications) in his inbox.  Needless to say, the recipient was not
having a good Monday.  ;)

WTF??  Has anyone heard of this?  Very confusing, wouldn't expect
Exchange to be set to freak out as it's default action when trying to
send a delayed email and not having a connection out.

Haven't found anything in searches to explain, hoping someone out there
has an idea.

0
1cixkom02 (1)

sditguy <1cixkom02@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> WTF??  Has anyone heard of this?  Very confusing, wouldn't expect
> Exchange to be set to freak out as it's default action when trying to
> send a delayed email and not having a connection out.

You may get a better answer in an Exchange group, like
--
Brian Tillman
0

Public Calendar view options
I have a few calendars being shared that were created in the public folder group. Users want to view taskbar within calendar whch is grayed out and oes not seem to be a view option as is in any private calendar. Can this be done. Exchange 2000, clients are Outlook 2003 cachede exchange mode. Upgrade to Exchange 2003 in the works but not current in our user base. -- Jim Krawisz ...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Send As permission for mail-enabled list
I've set up a mail-enabled distro list in Exch2003. I've tried both Universal and Global and receive the same results. I have multiple users I need to add to this list and to have Send As permission (i.e. I need for multiple users to be able to send mail from this mail- enabled account). I've been configuring and re- configuring this for about 4 hours now and I've found that I add the group and then add a user and grant that user Send As permission. Any subsequent users added in the same manner cannot send from this account. They receive a message stating that they...

I just activated office2003 S&T ver, cannot reply to emails
my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot reply In news:28E0E702-5CE2-4C2A-B033-EC618ECF90EE@microsoft.com, txcowboy <txcowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot > reply What type of e-mail account do you use? Are you running all the Office/Outlook updates, including SP1? I got it resolved. Don't know how for sure. I am running MS office outlook 2003 I think I needed to authenticate to MSN Passport by login in. before it allowed me to do replies. All this security and I ...

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

Server Timeouts
How can I extend server timeouts in Outlook 2003 and XP. It used to be in 2002 Tools/Accounts/Profiles/Advanced tab. I want to go beyond 1 minute for far away users. Lem ...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Inserting the email
Hi There I have a data base of users at our company and wish to know how to insert "@(emailaddress)" after every user in all 5000+ cells and is it possible to import this list to outlook ? please help Nik excell newbie Are they all @thesame.com? If your data is in one column, I'd insert a new column and use a formula: =a1&"@emailaddress.com Copy|paste special|values and toss the original column. And if you save the file as a .csv (comma separated values), then you can specify that inside Outlook for importing. (I might even export the existing contacts as a ....

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Re-Reciving emails.
Dear All How can I receive only newermails after reinstalling my outlook ?? Accidently I have to reinstall my microsoft Outlook. So I saved my mails in other folder. After reinstalling and opening again my old mails I started to receive to e- mails. But at that time I have to receive emils already present in my inbox. So I have to wait long long time to read my newer mail. So please tell me if there any way to receive only new mails after office reinstallation.... Thanks... Zaw Ye There is no way to do this. The information about which messages have already been receiv...

REPLY AS who email was TO.
"User A" recieves "User B". That is emails sent to "User B" are being forwarded to "User A". "User A" also has permissions to "Send on behalf" of "User B". When "User A" replys to an email that was addressed to "User B", it appears to come from "User A" unless he manually selects the reply to be from "UserB". How can I make ANY replys to "User B"'s emails appear to come from "User B" WITHOUT User A having to manually change the default? (Ofcoarse, when &...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Quick Campaign: More than 1 email is sent out
Hi All, I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each contact. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks. On 25 jul, 13:14, Gunady <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick > campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact > record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each > contact. Does anyone ...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Outlook cannot 'send' email????????
Hi Suddenly (it was working a few days ago) my Outlook 2003 on windows XP cannot 'send' email. It gets a permissions error. I have no problem downloading email, I can even add new contacts and appointments to the Outlook servers but emails will not go. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2001 for Mac or on another Windows XP box with Outlook 2003 and as I said it was working fine on this machine until a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas????? Robin What is the exact error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

Outlook constantly sends Phantom email
Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send error each time after it times out. Is this some sign of virus? Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet > there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows > up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send > error each time after it times out. > > Is this some sign of virus? More likely it's an undeliv...

Workflow Rule for Allowing Email
I want to update all of our current accounts with a manual workflow rule that will update the contact method on the administration tab in accounts to reflect "Allow" for Email. When trying to setup this rule, I set the "donotemail" field to false (0), but when I apply that rule, it doesn't change anything (I've also tried "donotbulkemail"). Any ideas how to make a workflow rule that will update this field from "do not allow" to "allow". -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.pre...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...