Delay sending mass emails until the evening?

Hi there,

In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.

Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email email
with a delay?  i.e. after hours?

For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people, with a
500kb attachment.  Rather than do this in working hours (and slow down our
Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually choose for it to be
sent in the evening.

However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to into the
email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain time.  However, this
keeps the email in question in the user's Outbox, which then requires them
to be left logged onto the network overnight with their Outlook open.

Is there a better way of doing this?

I don't want to delay sending large emails across the board, but only
manually when there's lot of recipients like this.

Thanks for any help,

Ste

0
ste

"ste" <0@0.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.
>
> Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email email
> with a delay?  i.e. after hours?
>
> For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people, with a
> 500kb attachment.  Rather than do this in working hours (and slow down our
> Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually choose for it to be
> sent in the evening.
>
> However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to into the
> email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain time.  However,
> this keeps the email in question in the user's Outbox, which then requires
> them to be left logged onto the network overnight with their Outlook open.
>
> Is there a better way of doing this?
>
> I don't want to delay sending large emails across the board, but only
> manually when there's lot of recipients like this.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Ste

Please try our email scheduler (http://www.lbetoolbox.com/scheduleemail.htm)
which will allow you to send multiple individual emails, either as a one-off
or regularly at a specified time and interval.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

0
John
6/5/2006 7:08:11 PM
"John Blessing" <johnb@**REMOVE**THIS**Lbesoftware.com> wrote in message
> "ste" <0@0.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.
>>
>> Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email email
>> with a delay?  i.e. after hours?
>>
>> For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people, with a
>> 500kb attachment.  Rather than do this in working hours (and slow down
>> our Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually choose for it
>> to be sent in the evening.
>>
>> However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to into the
>> email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain time.  However,
>> this keeps the email in question in the user's Outbox, which then
>> requires them to be left logged onto the network overnight with their
>> Outlook open.
>>
>> Is there a better way of doing this?
>>
>> I don't want to delay sending large emails across the board, but only
>> manually when there's lot of recipients like this.
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>>
>> Ste
>
> Please try our email scheduler
> (http://www.lbetoolbox.com/scheduleemail.htm) which will allow you to send
> multiple individual emails, either as a one-off or regularly at a
> specified time and interval.
>

> --
> John Blessing
>
> http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all
> businesses
> http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings
> for your meeting/class over the web.
> http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook,
> find/replace, send newsletters

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping there was a free way to do this,
i.e. a setting in Outlook that I could use in order to send an email (it
doesn't have to be a mass email, it could simply be a large email, or an
email with an embargo, such as a news release) with a delay, possibly using
a piece of Exchange server functionality that I've not yet discovered yet?

Thanks,

Ste

0
ste
6/5/2006 10:41:35 PM
Best to ask in an Exchange group for that then.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ste asked:

| "John Blessing" <johnb@**REMOVE**THIS**Lbesoftware.com> wrote in
| message news:vi%gg.9202$lQ.562@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
|| "ste" <0@0.com> wrote in message
||| Hi there,
||| In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.
||| Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email
||| email with a delay?  i.e. after hours?
||| For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people,
||| with a 500kb attachment.  Rather than do this in working hours (and
||| slow down our Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually
||| choose for it to be sent in the evening.
||| However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to
||| into the email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain
||| time.  However, this keeps the email in question in the user's
||| Outbox, which then requires them to be left logged onto the network
||| overnight with their Outlook open.
||| Is there a better way of doing this?
||| I don't want to delay sending large emails across the board, but
||| only manually when there's lot of recipients like this.
||| Thanks for any help,
||| Ste
|| Please try our email scheduler
|| (http://www.lbetoolbox.com/scheduleemail.htm) which will allow you
|| to send multiple individual emails, either as a one-off or regularly
|| at a specified time and interval.
|| --
|| John Blessing
|| http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all
|| businesses
|| http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
|| bookings for your meeting/class over the web.
|| http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook,
|| find/replace, send newsletters
|

| Hi there,
|
| Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping there was a free way to
| do this, i.e. a setting in Outlook that I could use in order to send
| an email (it doesn't have to be a mass email, it could simply be a
| large email, or an email with an embargo, such as a news release)
| with a delay, possibly using a piece of Exchange server functionality
| that I've not yet discovered yet?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Ste

0
MillyS (3228)
6/6/2006 2:07:43 AM
I will do, thanks.

Ste (still furiously head scratching!)

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Best to ask in an Exchange group for that then.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, ste asked:
>
> | "John Blessing" <johnb@**REMOVE**THIS**Lbesoftware.com> wrote in
> | message news:vi%gg.9202$lQ.562@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> || "ste" <0@0.com> wrote in message
> || Please try our email scheduler
> || (http://www.lbetoolbox.com/scheduleemail.htm) which will allow you
> || to send multiple individual emails, either as a one-off or regularly
> || at a specified time and interval.
> || --
> || John Blessing
> || http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all
> || businesses
> || http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
> || bookings for your meeting/class over the web.
> || http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook,
> || find/replace, send newsletters
> |

> | Hi there,
> |
> | Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping there was a free way to
> | do this, i.e. a setting in Outlook that I could use in order to send
> | an email (it doesn't have to be a mass email, it could simply be a
> | large email, or an email with an embargo, such as a news release)
> | with a delay, possibly using a piece of Exchange server functionality
> | that I've not yet discovered yet?
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Ste

0
ste

Not receiving email
I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting very little junk email. This has been going on for 13 days. The only thing (that I know of) that I did was change the password for the Outgoing Server as we were asked to changed this password. I am using Outlook 2007. Hattie Braun wrote: > I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming > through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting > very little junk ...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

no sound when receiving email
All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to make sure the sound was still set and is on. And it is. Can anyone help me? Thank you. Tools | Options | General. Is "Play sound......" checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "TexasSmile" <TexasSmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52C59B92-30B1-41EC-9347-3B51B5DEF702@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to > make > sure the sound was still set...

Emails sent to public folders not received
Our Exchange 5.5 site was migrated to Exchange 2003 Following the decomissioning of the Exchange 5.5 server, emails sent from external addressed to the mail enabled public folders were not being recieved. The senders were not recieving a bound back or NDR Emails from internal addresses were recieved. This was resolved by giving the anonymous account contribute permissions to the public folders. Question: What happened to the emails that were sent to the public folders before the permissions were changed? There was no NDR. Note: there is a mailsweeper in place Are the emails located on the ...

Email Track in CRM button missing sporadically
I have a customer that on one pc, sometimes when he creates an email in Outlook, the Track in CRM button does not show up on the email form. Later, when he creates another email, the button might be there or might not. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions on what might cause this problem? We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client as well as the update rollup 2. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

Even buying addition Office for Mac2004 doesn't solve excessive installations problem
I had Office 2004 (Student and Teacher Edition) installed on three Macs, my high school son's iBook, my G4, and my wife's iMac. The computers are all on an home network. My son's IBook hard drive died and I bought him a new Mac Mini. I re-installed Office from the same Student and Teahcer Edition on the new Mac Mini. (Student and Teacher Edition allows 3 installations.) When either my wife or my son attempted to launch an Office application when the other's computer is on, the second machine got the notice that the number of installations exceeded the number allowed by the...

How to send form data to tables programatically
Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? What I mean is... As a user types into a form, Access doesn't seem to actually send that data to the table (and thereby create autonumbers) until user moves on to another record. Is there a way to force that data to the tables (ie make the new records) while the user is still on the form? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:33:02 -0800, markmarko <markmarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? > >What I mean is... As a user ...

email insertion
I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ simply attach the file but embed directly in the email. Any suggestions? If you search for this subject in this newsgroup, I think you will find that email embedding generally is discouraged, as many recipients have turned off the ability to receive HTML messages (because of the possibility of a virus also being embedded). Best bet seems to be an attachment. Bruce "Brizee" wrote: > I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ > simply attach the file but embed directly in the email....

Sending Bulk Email to Customers
We have a 8000+ list of customers that we send out a newsletter to on a monthly basis. Is there a best practices to follow when sending that amount of data from our Exchange 2003 server? The email is about 200k in size and if we don't have to cut it down any further we would like to keep it. Our main goal is to conserve bandwidth as much as possible and also manage the NDR's so that we can update our contact list. We will consider 3rd party packages as well. Thanks all! --Adam On 15 Jan 2007 11:08:48 -0800, eckerle@gmail.com wrote: >We have a 8000+ list of customers that we...

Signing outlook email
Through empirical tests we find that Outlook is unable to use an email signing certificate to sign email. What it takes is a cert that includes email encryption or an additional cert for email encryption. This seems to be a failure of Outlook and I would like either to confirm this or learn that others are not having this issue. It's certainly possible that we have some configuration problem. The error we receive from Outlook is that the cert is invalid. With a cert that is for both signing and encryption, I can send email with Outlook with only signing or with only encryption o...

Problem generating email address
I have Exchange2003 and Win2003 AD with about 20 child domains running. Now I am experiencing some problem. For one child domain, RUS runs fine and I actually manually did update on RUS. The child domain is located in different geograpgic place and working fine. One word, I don't see any system issue. I created a few new users' email a week ago, by going through the "Exchange Task" process. However, none of their email address is generated. I rebooted email server and child DC. Still the email address is not generated. Any help? Thanks Rick The email addresses a...

How to send images from a COM control/ASP?
Hi, I am re-designing a legacy ActiveX control. Our goal is to make it usable in legacy applications as well as in ASP pages. We have an interface funciton like this: STDMETHODIMP CXXXCtrl::ExportImage(VARIANT Destination, ImageFormatEnum ImageFormat) Now the first parameter can only point to a file. In theory, users can save the image into the web space then pass to browser; however, this is obviousely not practically if a web site has thounsands of visitors at the same time. Is it possible to pass the Response object into the first parameter? Anyone can give me some suggestions... appr...

Sending via secure SMTP suddenly stops working
Greetings, I'm experiencing a strange problem with outgoing email via secure SMTP. After working perfectly, suddenly I can't send mail any longer. Outlook says that the SMTP server does not support SSL (don't have the exact error message). Usually, changing to another SMTP port number (I have two alternate ports I can use) and rebooting fixes the problem. This problem only appears with Outlook and Outlook Express - not with any of the Mozilla mail clients, Mulberry, or Eudora. Any ideas? /POL Outlook Express and Outlook only support secure smtp on the deprecated port 46...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

Send/Receive isn't transmitting e-mails from pop3 server
As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and since then Outlook no longer can receive files from my pop3 server set-up. I removed XP SP2 and I still have the problem. I click on send/receive, it shows everything to work but e-mails are remaining on my internet e-mail server and not being transferred to Outlook. It was all working a few days ago.... Any advice? "Outlook 2000 SR-1 & Windows XP - Send/Receive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259401c4a996$dc144140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and si...

Checking work email from home
Is there a website that you can log onto to check your work email from home? And if so what is the web address? Depends on what your work email is. Ask your admins there, first. If you have exchange server in the office & don't use PST files, you may be able to use Outlook Web Access if they've installed it/allowed access to it. If you use POP mail, you might be able to use www.mail2web.com - just to see non-downloaded mail in your inbox. stacey90210 wrote: > Is there a website that you can log onto to check your > work email from home? And if so what is the web address?...

Mass Delete Customers
Does anyone know of a 3rd-party product that will mass delete customers? It'd be nice to have a tool that will automatically delete all the transaction history and summaries and the customer card for a range of customers or a particular class or all invactive customers. Hi Elaine Have you looked at the built in utility for deleting customers? It does almost everything youa re asking for? Microsoft Dynamics GP --> Tools --> Utilities --> sales --> MAss Delete. Thanks -- Fliehigh "Elaine" wrote: > Does anyone know of a 3rd-party product that will mass de...

How do I split a message with an attachment across multiple email.
I want to split a large email across multiple emails because the receiver's email size is only 2MB per email. How do you do this in Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional please? Thank you. You can't in Outlook. You'll need to split it in advance by using a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "School-Query" <School-Query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FA0D23-F...

Duplicate Email #6
I use two computers at work. Both are setup to check my various POP accounts. I am trying to understand how I could transfer all the email (received and sent) from one machine to the other. My main concern is to not lose any emails and duplicates. I'm trying not to have a bunch of duplicates. Any ideas? TIA Steve Hello Steve, The best is, to get a free email account at gmx or better another account of your own company domain, and configurate a new user and after this you make a rule that all emails going as copy to this new User (email) I think thats it "Steve" <someo...

Images in email signatures .... again!
Using Windows 7 / Windows Live. I can create .html file containing text and images (logo) exactly as I want it to appear as email signature, yet when tagging it as "signature" from Tools/Options/Signatures tab, the text has now got double line returns and the images have red crosses. Looked at the forums and tried a few things but nothing seems to solve it. Please help - bit annoying having to insert jpgs and reformat the prose..... My guess is that you used Word to compose the html. Post the code. X out any personal info. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "plumb...

eMail Attachments over 5 MB
Hello, is there in MS CRM 3.0 a limit for eMail attachments? I had problems with attachments over 5 MB. Can I change it? greetings, Stefan Stefan, 5MB is the limitation. Regards, Kamala Hello, thanks for the early response. can I change this somehow??? greetings, Stefan "kamalabr@gmail.com" wrote: > Stefan, > > 5MB is the limitation. > > Regards, > Kamala > > There's a 5 MB attachment limitation which can be changed from the registry. On the Server HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\maxuploadfilesize On the Client HKEY_CURRENT...

I would like to email my outlook appointment calender to my boss
I am now using your outlook express for my appointments and also wish to use it as a report of my weekly activities to be emailed to my boss. Can this be done? I would like to email it to him How are you using OE for that since OE doesn't support a calendar? "Steve The Skiff Sailor" <Steve The Skiff Sailor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBF16032-79FE-4082-BD84-A405BA1433ED@microsoft.com... >I am now using your outlook express for my appointments and also wish to >use > it as a report of my weekly activities to be emailed to my boss. > Can ...

New Email from a Single User Disappears
I have a situation with one user only at a client site where new email from one and only one sender reaches his mailbox but then disappears. This is Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2 on an SBS2003 server. The messages are coming from a scanner that's on the same network segment as the server and the client PC is. The Exchange SMTP server is configured to allow connection and relay from this scanner's IP address. After a scan to this user's address, the SMTP server log shows the messages coming in and being accepted just fine. If you use an Outlook 2003 profile wi...

Importing Duplicate Emails
I am attempting to import various messages from a number of PST files, however, although I select do not import duplicates, it still appears that duplicates are being imported. Using OL2000 w/sp2. Also, I have attempted to export, select do not export duplicates, and duplicates are be exported. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. Regards, George ...

How to open Excel email attachment
I have a customer that emails me an Excel file, but I cannot open it. I have only a trail version of Excel 2003 for now. I get the Excel icon highlighted, but not the file. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "thomnic (removethis) @earthlink.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:379401c48f74$cd8c5180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a customer that emails me an Excel file, but I > cannot open it. I have only a trail version of Excel > 2003 for now. I get the Excel icon highlighted, but not > the fil...