Default Word Attachment Opening View

How can I disable the default reading view in Word when opening an
attachment?  I have a client using Office 2003 with all Win Xp Updates and
when opening an attachment the default Word View is the Reading 2 page view.
He wants the older std Word print Layout view.  Can this be changed?

0
admin9904 (15)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041122.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Marc Seidler" <admin@computerdoctors.net> wrote in message
> How can I disable the default reading view in Word when opening an
> attachment?  I have a client using Office 2003 with all Win Xp Updates and
> when opening an attachment the default Word View is the Reading 2 page
> view. He wants the older std Word print Layout view.  Can this be changed?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Merge to word???
Hi, I have a contract database that allow me to query data from the database and merge it to word file. The code below seem to work OK except that It does export the whole contract information to excel first and then doing the merge. Is there a way to only limite the export to just one record (preferable a select record by contract number) to excel before doing the merge? Private Sub Command26_Click() Dim Stg As String Dim strDocName As String Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim docWord As Word.Document Dim strFilePath As String DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "rptCo...

Outlook will not stay open
Outlook 2000 will not stay open when I launch the app. It will open up, download messages, and then close. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

[ANN] XMLmind FO Converter v4.0
XFC v4.0 has been released. This version is a major breakthrough as it brings support of Office Open XML (MS-Word 2007 native format) as alternate output format. As usual, Personal Edition is freely available from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/download.shtml>, and Professional Edition upgrade is available to eligible customers from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/upgrade.html>. Personal Edition users, please note that Personal Edition license terms have changed drastically compared with version 3.1. Except in a few special cases Personal Edition may no longer be used fo...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

bullets always staying on the default
Hi, I created a custom powerpoint template (.potx) in office 2007. In the master slide and on the master slide i changed the identation of the levels and the bullets used. In the masterslide it's looks fine and also on the content slides underneath. However any presentation based on that template just doesn't seem to follow at flow. If i type in text and click on the ' bullets' icon it just places the default round bullet in front of the text with no indentation. The next level, which i get by clicking on the 'increase indent level' icon doesn't ...

Opening Word Attachment
Weird problem here...All office programs seem to function well just have some minor issues opening files. Example: In Outlook, trying to open a Word attachment, if I open the message and then try to open the attachment from there, it says "cannot find the file specified", but if I have word open already, then do the same exact thing, it opens. I have this problem also with Explorer. I can browse my hard drive and network and find anything, but cannot open it directly from Explorer. I have to open the application that I am using and then open the file through the Open Fi...

Can't open Cash Receipts Entry
Hi After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, the system comes with this message "Cannot access this form because the directory containing it is not loaded". Is there a way to fix this and if there is how ? Best regards Andreas Høyer The user do not have access to the window. Go to Advance Security and give them access to the Cash Receipts entry window. Gerald "Andreas Hoyer" wrote: > Hi > > After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, > the system comes with this messa...

Missing Email Attachments
Hi all, please help! We have been sent emails from a partner company which are missing attachments. Upon investigation they have been sending emails composed in rich text format. KB 138053 provided this... "When an end user sends mail to the Internet from an Exchange Windows or Outlook client, a file attachment called Winmail.dat may be automatically added to the end of the message if the recipient's client cannot receive messages in Rich Text Format (RTF). The Winmail.dat file contains Exchange Server RTF information for the message, and may appear to the recipient as a bina...

como colocar a folha deitada no word?
por exemplo eu quero fazer uma convocatória e em vez de escrever com a folha A4 em pe queria escrever com a folha A4 deitada. See news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pt.word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "daniel" <daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E63583-3D5A-4C0C-8201-80C9BC969268@microsoft.com... > por exemplo eu quero fazer uma convocatória e em vez de escrever com a > folha > A4 em pe queria escrever com a folha A4 deitada. Na...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

formatting is incorrect when viewing in different zoom except for 75%
Here's a strange one for you guys... I'm using Office XP and currently working on a couple of excel spreadsheets. When I have the zoom set to 75% everything looks correct, exactly like the print out. However if I change my zoom to anything else besides 75% some of the text goes over to the next column. It's pretty irrarting sometimes becuase if I have it set to 100% I'd usually spend time playing with the column width to get everything to fit and in acctuality I don't have to becuase it looks correct when printed out and when in 75% zoom. Any ideas? This sounds like a ...

ms pos 1.2 weird word jumble
Store Operations Manager was not working, so I did a repair install. After the repair, the wrong phrases were in the wrong spot. For example, instead of cancel it says "category code" and instead of file it says "Filter:" Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? I took a screenshot of the home screen so you can see the weirdness for yourself: http://picasaweb.google.com/MissVoldemort/Weird#5349426894521446370 ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Account...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Automatically open different workbooks depending on user account used.
There are two userrs on the same computer. When user 1 opens Excel, I'd like oen workbook to automatically open. When user2 opens Excel, I'd like a diffferent workbook to automatically open. Is this possible? (Each user logs into Windows usning their uuser account.) The computer is running windows XP pro and Excel 2007. Thanks, Something like this might work for you. This is untested. Post back if this doesn't work for you. Place the following macro in the ThisWorkbook module. You would need to change ThePath to your real path, the user account names for Joe and Bill...

Information Store cannot be opened.
Hi I have a problem with a NT Server. This server is on a VPN DLS setup connected to our office. They have Outlook 2000 installed but when they try to access the mailbox it gives them a message saying: Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The Information store could not be opened. They are able to ping the exchange server by name and also do a Check Name in the mail Properties. Has anyone seen this before. ...

Can I open an imbedded word doc from a cmd button?
I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? Many thanks, Joe M. On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:24:10 -0800, Joe M. wrote: > I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd > button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? > > Many thanks, > Joe M. Why do you need to embed a document in your database? Store the document in a folder on your hard drive. Then open it from a command button whenever ...

The attached message contains no valid recipients
I get the above error message whenever I receive an email from a mass mailing which includes one of my users email addresses. the email defaults to the admin email address. As the email address in the mailing is a valid one, why does this happen? And you use some kind of POP3 "connector"? Stuart wrote: > I get the above error message whenever I receive an email > from a mass mailing which includes one of my users email > addresses. the email defaults to the admin email address. > As the email address in the mailing is a valid one, why > does this happen? I use...

IE shouldn't open new windows on every link clicked.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook, IE causes a new window to open every single time. This happens even if the link is to the same website. For example, I click a link to an item listed on Ebay. A new window is opened. Then I may click on another link to Ebay for an item, even in the same email, and another window opens. Before when I was using Outlook Express, a new window did not open when I clicked additional links in the same piece of email. It simply used the same window to move me to another item on the same website. Is there a way to prevent all these extra windows from op...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

issue with outlook slow and msohelp.exe opening twice
Hi there im experiencing issue with my outlook that is slow and also i see that the file msohelp.exe open twice ..... any idea why ? Nope. Sorry - we need actual details and Outlook version/exact error = messages to provide assistance. Guesses are all you will get with no = details. And probably not good ones either. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, pauger007@gmail.com asked: | Hi there |=20 | im experiencing issue with my outl...

Attachment been denied by WatchGuard!
Hi, Did anybody experience this issue: If send E-Mail from CRM with attachment(PDF or ZIP), the attachment will be denied by WatchGuard (if recipient side has it). I analyzed it and found: for PDF 1) Use OutLook send the same mail, in the Header of the mail, the type of the attachement will be: application/pdf 2) Use CRM do it, it become to : pdf/octet-stream For ZIP file 1)Outlook send, type: application/octet-stream 2)CRM send, type: x-zip-compressed/octet-stream all above's CRM MIME type is non-standard tyep, so they are denied by receive side's fire-wall. How could we ...

Opening a a a file handle as a file pointer
Hi all I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so that I can use higher level operators like cin/cout and fprintf/fscanf. Can someone suggest me a solution? Obviously the process startup code converts the file descriptor is receives from parent for stdin,stdout and stderr. So there should be a function to do it. regards, Sudhakar "sudhakarg79" <sudhakarg79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECF7527B-A036-48EF-B2FB-CA8985330D3E@microsoft.com... > > Hi all > > I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so...

Formatting default Entity and Value
In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to continually setting the values manually. Cheers, McGiv Hi McGiv, > In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background > colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to > continually setting the values manually. Sorry, no. The ORM info is separate from the shape info and as such a new shape is created every time you drop a given ORM object on a page. If you want them all to be a given color (which I don't thi...

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....