Default viewer for picture attachments

Hey there,

before i installed Macromedia Fireworks, i was able to
view picture attachments in Microsoft Picture Viewer, but
now they all open in Fireworks - which is quite annoying.
How can i change this back to the way it was? I cant find
a single answer anywhere.

Cheers.
0
anonymous (74722)

Windows Explorer->Tools->Folder Options->File types.  Set your preferred
program from there.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, nathan asked:

| Hey there,
|
| before i installed Macromedia Fireworks, i was able to
| view picture attachments in Microsoft Picture Viewer, but
| now they all open in Fireworks - which is quite annoying.
| How can i change this back to the way it was? I cant find
| a single answer anywhere.
|
| Cheers.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/16/2004 5:35:42 AM
Thankyou for your help. It works fine now.

Set your preferred=20
>program from there.
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
nathan asked:

>| Hey there,
>|
>| before i installed Macromedia Fireworks, i was able to
>| view picture attachments in Microsoft Picture Viewer,=20
but
>| now they all open in Fireworks - which is quite=20
annoying.
>| How can i change this back to the way it was? I cant=20
find
>| a single answer anywhere.
>|
>| Cheers.=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

OneNote 2007 Attachments from Outlook
Is there any way to have the attachements of an email sent from Outlook to actually be attached to the notebook you file the note in once received? I have THOUSANDS of attachments to emails filed, and all the actual files are in the "Temp" subdirectory, and don't move when the page is moved from the "Unfiled Notes" section. Certainly makes synchronizing notebooks a problem. ...

how do I attach multiple Word documents?
I need to attach multiple Word documents into one large document. Many have different headers, so I can't just copy the text into one master document. Would appreciate any help on this. Before you Insert Text (2007: Insert > Object > Text from File), be sure each document you're including has a Section Break New Page both before and after it. After you've built your document, go through the headers/footers to be sure the page nos. are sequenced as you want them. Or use the "boilerplate" macro devised by MVP Graham Mayor. On Feb 10, 10:43=A0am, El...

Public folder default action
When you drag messages between public folders, the default action is "copy". Is there a way I can make that default action "move" instead? ...

External Email File Attachment Cant Receive
I have my Global Settings - Message Delivery Defaults set for 10240 on both send and receive. I have my SMTP - Protocols - Messages limit also set to 10240. I have my Storage Limits for my store set to unlimited - No check in the 3 boxes. In my Connectors - IMS - I have Allowed priorities all 3 checked. I also have Allowed types both checked. I have having a problem with a 5MB file attachments getting through from the outside. I can send one internally without a problem. We do have an emial filitering tool but this is not stopping them. This is the error I am getting: User@emailad...

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders outlook 2003
I have searched a long time an answer to this and have found many others with similar problems. Brand new machine (happens on all new machines we've tested), Office 2003, trying to connect to an existing Exchange Server 2003, we get the following message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. On another machine, with Outlook 2000, we it works fine. We created a new test user. Worked fine from machine with Outlook 2000, ...

Default Colors
How do I chenge the default colors used when charts are created (i.e. the Color Palette)? Tools>Options>Color "Chart Fills" Modify>Custom Tools>Options>Color "Chart Lines" Modify>Custom Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:38:02 -0700, "S.Jonsson" <jonsson@printecsystems.de> wrote: >How do I chenge the default colors used when charts are >created (i.e. the Color Palette)? > ...

Saving a chart as a picture file
Hi everyone. It is possible to save a chart as a picture (*.gif, *.jpg, etc.)? What I've been doing so far is saving the file as a web page, opening the page in internet explorer and then saving the chart as a picture file. However, when I do this the chart is not saved as a large file - this method is also too time consuming, since I am dealing with 70+ charts. Thanks for any help. Fred. I think he wants Walkenbach's chart tools: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Jon Peltier wrote: > Fred - > > You want VBA's Chart.Export method. Here's...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

Printing a document having pictues without the pictures
I have a Word 2000 document consisting of a mixture of text and pictures. The pictures are inserted by means of a link to the picture files. Is it possible to print the document without the pictures (either with or without some text representing the link)? -- Stephen White (whitesr@srgw.demon.co.uk) If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word 2000). -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Stephen White" <whitesr@srgw.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Automatically move attachment in Exch2k
I KNOW someone here knows how to do this, or where I can find a script to do it...I need to be able to have Exchange automatically move an attached file when an email is received on a certain mailbox. Not looking to do it via Outlook, but automatically when the email arrives at the server. Any help gratefully accepted!! ...

Where do all the pictures get stored?
Hi everyone, I wanted to know where all the pictures get stored in Outlook XP? I wanted easy access the pictures themselves instead of opening the message and then closing, opening then closing. Thank you very much! "Hashem Ouaida" <ouaidahahsem@hotmail.com> wrote in news:413cee2b$1$2161$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au: > Hi everyone, > > I wanted to know where all the pictures get stored in Outlook XP? I > wanted easy access the pictures themselves instead of opening the > message and then closing, opening then closing. > > Thank you very much! See y...

Finding the position of a certain picture on the screen
Hi everyone, I need to make a program in c# that will find a certain picture (not a big picture, few pixels in a certain formation, which is not necessarily a rectangle) on the computer screen. I haven't really done something like that before, so I'm not sure how to do it. what I had in mind was taking a screenshot (I found a tutorial that explains how) and then start checking every pixel in the screenshot until I find one that looks like one of the pixels in my picture, and then check if there are pixels next to him that are same to the ones in the picture, and in the same fo...

change default fill color
I have been searching the net and the KB but can not find answer or solution to this problem. I want my excel cell auto fill color to default to light grey instead of yellow. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? Thanks for any help you can provide. Shawn You can create a new default template, with grey as the default fill colour: Create a new, blank workbook. Choose Tools>Options On the Colour tab, click on the yellow square Click Modify, select light grey that you want to use as the default, click OK To make yellow available, select the light grey square, and change it t...

What FONT does Excel Viewer use?
Just a quick question. What FONT does Excel Viewer use? Anyone know? I'm trying to match it manually in Photoshop but I can't seem to figure out which one it is. Thanks! Using version 8 - it uses the same font as in the worksheet. If you are finding differences it may be that the original is not available on your machine and Windows/Excel is sustituting. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer
Did Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer works with Outlook XP? Did Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer works with Calendar that created in Public Folders? Thanks Guy I seem to remember I was using with Outlook XP way back in the day without problems. I do not think, however, it would work with Public Folder Calendars. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Office XP here at the office I can test with at the moment. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! &...

changing directory in which Outlook saves attachments
Hi! Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? If yes, how? Thanks for your attention, Andre Laarakker Hello Andre Laarakker, you wrote on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:43:16 +0200: > Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 > saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? > If yes, how? I am not sure, if [1] works in Outlook 2002 too. If not, please do what in [2] is described. [1] http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;25273...

attachments #11
how can i fix outlook so it will send attachments ...

format/picture in email

excel viewer problem
I was emailed a very important xls file which I realy need to access. I downloaded the excel 2003 viewer but when trying to install I'm told that I neen a newer version of Windows. I still run Windows 98 and have no plans to go to XP yet. Can anyone suggest how I can possibly open this file? It's really urgent. Thanks in advance, Chris. thelottery(removethis)@iol.ie I have an old Excel 97 Viewer that I'll email you if you like. It is about 4 megabytes. I don't know whether it will install under Windows 98 but I'd guess that it would. -- Jim "cmac50" <...

show attachment in e-mail header
I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it shows the e-mail as example below: "from:" "sent:" "to:" "Subject" "Attachment" Thanks, Ursula A. and here's the question: At present my e-mail settings do not show the "Attachment", so when I send out an attachment it is not mentioned. How can I add this item? >-----Original Message----- >I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it >shows the e-mail as example below: >"from:" >"sent:" >"to:" >"Subject"...

snapshot viewer print protection error
When the user save or open a snapshot viewer file, it open ok. But when she wants to print, this message appears : C:\Program files\Snapshot Viewer\snapsh.....exe Address of the fonction 0x02... made a protection error. one or more page... The user is not Admin of her station. Is the program corrupt ??? ...

Will deleting a Form delete attached code? AND How to see ALL code in dB ?
1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? 2 Is there a way to see all the code associated with an Access data base? 3 - Or must you open every form and ask for code view? Or what? 3 - Can you print all the code out at once or must you open each object and print code associated with that object? thanks for the help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177956107.236707.142280@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? Well, the answer is "kind of" yes. It is important t...

MDA Creating Analysis Defaults
Does anyone have a suggestion on a faster or automated approach to creating Analysis defaults? I have over 2000 GL accounts that I need to assigned one or more Groups IDs to. Amanda, Here goes an idea: 1) Record a GP macro for the first analysis default. 2) Create a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with the accounts you need to assign -- hint, you can export the accounts with SmartList to Excel 3) Use Microsoft Word to create a mail merge on the macro. Use the Excel spreadsheet as the source for your mail merge. 4) Edit the merged macro to extract special characters and what's not plac...

Unreadable Attachments
Quick Question: About 10% of the people that I exchange emails with cannot open my attachments. They receive them as .dat files. If people have been able to open an attachment from me, they can always open the attachments, but someone who cannot read the first attachment I send to them will never be able to open an attachment from me. Any clues? I am running under Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 and Outlook 2000 SR-1 over cable. Are the recipients all using Outlook? If not, make sure you're not sending mail in Rich Text Format "C Brandt" <cbrandt@austin.rr.com> wrote in m...