Default "Save as Type" problem

Outlook 2003 - when saving an e-mail message "save as type" defaults to HTML. This unfortunately strips off the attachments. I need to change to Outlook Unicode type as a default, but when changing settings in  Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - "Use unicode message format when saving" when ticked on - doesn't seem to make any difference. Default still appears as HTML.

Can anyone help
Thanks, Georg

0
anonymous (74722)

Changing default for "Save As Type"
I want to save messages with word, dwg. etc. attachments to files on my hard drive. when I click "Save As' the default "Save As Type" is "Text Only". How do I change the default to "Save As Type" to "OUTLOOK MESSAGE FORMAT" so that the attachments are saved with the text message? Thanks for any help, PMAC Not possibl3e. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PMAC" <PMAC@discuss...

Save as type missing types
What would cause the save as type drop down list not to have any options except for *.xls? ...

Save as type
I have installed Outlook 2003. When there is an inbedded picture to save the picture the only type available is bmp. How can I add jpg, gif, etc. to the down drop options? You can create a macro for this (adjust the SaveAsFile location if desired); Sub SaveAttachment() Dim objCurrentItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim colAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Set objCurrentItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Set colAttachments = objCurrentItem.Attachments For Each objAttachment In colAttachments objAttachment.SaveAsFile ("C:...

Changing 'Save As' 'Save as type' default in 2003
I am running Outlook 2003 on WinXP Pro. Is there a way to change the default on Save As - Save as type? My default is HTML, and I would like to change it to Outlook Message Format. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlo...

Outlook 2003 - when saving an e-mail message "save as type" defaults to HTML. This unfortunately strips off the attachments. I need to change to Outlook Unicode type as a default, but when changing settings in Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - "Use unicode message format when saving" when ticked on - doesn't seem to make any difference. Default still appears as HTML. Can anyone help Thanks, Georg ...

restrict the save as type options in an excel workbook
Is there any way within an Excel workbook, to restrict the save as type options in an excel spreadsheet? Particularly, I do not want anyone to be able to change from 2003 workbook to 2007. Thanks Dan hi, Dan ! > Is there any way within an Excel workbook, to restrict the save as type options in an excel spreadsheet? > Particularly, I do not want anyone to be able to change from 2003 workbook to 2007. it is assumed your workbook is already saved as 97/2003 excel version... 1) put this in your workbook code module (ThisWorkbook) Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boole...

Changing Default settings on "Save as Type"
From: "Gordon Byrne" <gordyjb@yahoo.com> Subject: Changing Default setting on Save as Type Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:32 AM Hi, is there a way to change the default setting for Save as Type when I am saving an email. It defaults to Text only but I would like it to default to Message Format. Thanks for any help. Gordy No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.out...

Save as type
When I want to save an Excel spreadsheet, I have many options when it comes to "Save as type". What I want to know is what all those options mean? Yes, I know the basic ones, but while some are common sense, others are a mystery. Isn't there a white paper which explains these options in more detail, and when they are used and for what purposes. Thank you. One place... Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types (tab) Another place... http://www.fileinfo.com/ And another... Wikipedia -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Liontamer" &l...

Save as type #2
Hi how can I set in mail message Save As window by default save as type - Outlook Message Format? br, Tarmo tarts <TarmoR@bcs.ee> wrote: > how can I set in mail message Save As window by default save as type - > Outlook Message Format? You cannot change the default "save as type" value. HTML messages will always have a default of .htm, Rich Text a default of .rtf, and PLain text as .txt. You can, however, just drag the message from the mail folder to a Windows file system folder to have a default .msg. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlo...