Default Save as location

Can anybody tell me how to change the default save as location?

Thanks

Chris

See if the information on the following page helps:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:AxyQb.154$3L3.504541@newsfep2-gui.server.ntli.net,
Chris wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how to change the default save as location?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

Thanks BUT no it doesnt help, my problem is that it will not save to my
documents it insists on saving in a temp folder

thanks

Chris

"Chris" <Gillbert_1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me how to change the default save as location?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

Have you tried this option mentioned in the article from slipstick?
http://www.swinc.com/resource/outlookdefpath.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Chris asked:

| Thanks BUT no it doesnt help, my problem is that it will not save to
| my documents it insists on saving in a temp folder
|
| thanks
|
| Chris
|

| "Chris" <Gillbert_1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
|| Can anybody tell me how to change the default save as location?
|| Thanks
|| Chris

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Mail Enabled System Folders (by default) necessery ?
Hello, I have a question regarding the 'System Folders' within Exchange2003. If I am correct almost all System Folders are e-mail enabled. Is this for a purpose and can I disable this? (e-mail disable) And secondly; Withing the Exchange Management Console I can manage e-mail adresses from mail enabled system folders. But if I look with ADSI Edit under 'CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects' is see the same mail enabled folders. But some of these public folders listed here contains other e-mail adresses than listed within ESM??. Also if i disable email enabled folders they dis...

Line color default/Fill color default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I draw a line in Word/Office 2008 it is blue. When I create a Call Out box, its fill color is blue.. Yes, I can go in and manually change those colors each time I draw something, but I would prefer to change the default colors so that all lines are black, and there is no fill color unless I specify it. How can I do this? Thanks That's a new feature. If you get things the way you like them, then right-click the shape, you can choose "Set autoshape defaults". Your new settings will them become the d...

Saving Publisher Documents in other formats
I have a 4 page publisher document I need to save as a tif or jpg file to attache to an email. When I follow the directions, it will only save the2 pages - I cant get it to save the entire document. Can anyone give me some help? Thanks "New Song Center for Grieving Children" <New Song Center for Grieving Children@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095C037C-F973-4C6A-B6E4-25E52EB7D468@microsoft.com... >I have a 4 page publisher document I need to save as a tif or jpg file to > attache to an email. When I follow the directions, it will only save the2...

PAB will not save changes
I have checked a few different posts concerning this issue but there were no resolutions or possible causes for this problem. Hopefully someone out there has found a resolution to this problem. I have a user using a PAB in Outlook 2000 and when we try and make a change to an entry, hit apply, or ok and then go back in to the PAB to verify the changes took, they are still set at what they were before the changes were made? Is this due to PAB corruption and if so, is there a utility to to repair it? Also, i have seen posts statying PAB's have been replaced but for some of our users the s...

Cash flow forecast does not match saving goals data
When editing advanced budget: I set up income and expense parameters. I also set up saving goal. At the final step of the budget set up, it displays a summary, including information about savings goal. If the goal cannot be reached, this information includes the actual sum you will have by the date planned. The problem is that this sum is different from the sum I see at the cash flow forecast for exactly the same date. Cash flow forecast value always lower. Note that I _do_ use budgeting data, not transaction trends, for cash flow forecast. Why it happens, why the values are different?...

Changes to e-mail account not saved
Everytime I open Outlook I have to change the Incoming Server Name (POP3) and Username to be able to send and receive mail from my ATT e-mail account. Why dosen't it save the settings for the next time I launch Explorer? Or where are the "default" or "master" seeting coming from that are overriding the settings I want so I can change them? If they are being changed to localhost, then uncheck the option to use the AV mail scanning. it could also be your firewall - check its settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep...

Saving a worksheet #2
My problem is that when I save a worksheet, the file name I've typed in is automatically converted to a single letter. For example, 'worklog.xls' is converted to 'w.xls'. I don't know why this is happening or what to do to prevent it from happening. I've got Excel '97, and I've made sure I am saving it as an 'Excel '97' document. Pleeeze help! Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threa...

Can I save the clipart (alone) on another CD?
I have cd #2 from Office 2000 but it doesn't work too well (which may be my old, filled up, tired pc) When I use it to insert clip art it sometimes doesn't work. Just spins around and never does it. I can usually open it otherwise (using OPEN or EXPLORE for the CD-ROM) I once was told (here) how to install the clipart on my computer, which I would do, if I have more space. And will when I get a newer computer. I just opened it (EXPLORE) and saw the files on it, one of them must have the clipart. If I can install the clip art onto my hardrive, seems like I could install it on...

How to save view mode & directory settings in CFileDialog?
Hi, Does anyone have an example how can I save all the settings (view mode, directory, sort order, e´tc.) which user has set in CFileDialog? TIA, BtB "Bob the Builder" <Bob the Builder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C291EEC6-3D24-4C22-8BC9-91266F0E9517@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone have an example how can I save all the settings (view mode, > directory, sort order, e�tc.) which user has set in CFileDialog? > > TIA, > > BtB > A small example to get you going... CFileDialog dlgFileOpen(TRUE, _T("ing"),...

Saving a custom format?
Greetings, I created a custom number format for use on a particular workbook. Now that custom format is available for use anywhere on that workbook. However, the custom format is not available in a new workbook or any other existing workbook. Is there a way to save the custom format so that it is available in any workbook? Thanks! Jim Orson... Hi Try putting the format in a blank workbook called Book1 and save this in your XLSTART folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim Orson wrote: > Greetings, > > I created a custom number format for use on a particular work...

autofit by default
Hi, I've looked everywhere but I can't find it. How do I instruct Excell to always and automatically autofit all cells in a worksheet when I open the file by double clicking on it?? More specifically, I have tab separated clolumns of strings in a file with a ..xls extension. The files opens ok, but all the columns have a standard width and I want to be able to read all my data without any extra clicking to make the columns wider. Why isn't there a Tools--> Options--> View--> 'Autofit cells on opening' checkbox or something? Or am I looking at the wrong pla...

Quote Saving when Making Changes
We have a situtation where a client would like to have a basic "Save As New" functionality when working with Quotes. Basically, they would like to create a quote, save it, and then go back into that quote, then have the option to either save changes to that quote, OR save as a new quote (Which means that they would then have 2 quotes for that customer) ny thoughts? -- William Penberthy Practice Manager Scarpa Technology, Inc. When you recall a quote an ddo a Shift-F9 you get thehistory of the quote and all changes so why do you want to save as new??? Afshin Alikhani - [ afs...

Default font
A Visio stencil full of shapes has a default font associated with each shape that follows it into a drawing. E.g. Flowchart forms carry Ariel 8. Is there a way to change this default to a different font and have it stick to everything in the stencil? I dont believe so as each shape has its own font type/size -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ray Alden" <rmalden_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:090101c350cf$da8dbc00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > A Visio stencil full of shapes has a default font > ...

Locate Value in a set Row, with Dynamic Column
Hi, I have some data and the headers for the numbers are months. All the months are on row 7. I need to add some code to start looking in row 7 (cell A7) and look at each column to locate the relevant date entered in cell A1. Example: The code needs to look at cell A7, then B7, then C7 etc etc until it locates the right value. How can I do this please? Thanks, What do you want thew code to do when it finds the match? "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D451C1-3C5D-4C5C-BD65-1D85139BBC0B@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

return to original location on screen
I moved my screen view up so high I can't get the mouse to catch the locater bar to move it back??? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ one method - there might be a better one, is to play with the monitor settings themselves (you know those buttons on the front) to move the whole screen down so you can get to the title bar & then once you've moved that down you can set your monitor back correctly and then fix up the excel screen Hope this helps. Cheers JulieD "ram1000 >" <<ram1000.1bjzm7@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ram100...

saving as csv but quoted fields
How can I make excel add the quotes within each field delimited by commas ? I have data that has commas within the fields and it's messing up when I import on other programs. ("one","two","three") and not (one,two,three) Thanks Maybe you could write your own macro to do exactly what you want: Here are three sites that you could steal some code from: Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program: www.smokeylake.com/excel (or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/Text%20Write%20Program.htm) Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.ht...

Restrict default values in Crystal parameters?
Is it possible to restrict the default values list for a parameter based on the userid? For e.g. if the userid is A, then only A accounts will be shown in the default values for the account parameter. The problem is that default values will include all accounts to pick from. Any ideas? Default security does not allow this. I have had a discussion with somebody else earlier and we ended up in making a new side tab which pointed to custom code where such a picklist was generated based on the users priviledges. Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "bamboo" wrote: > Is it ...

Set Project Accounting Purchase Order default to Blank Form
We would like the option to select "any" available form as the default for printing the Project Accounting Purchase Order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default....

default paths
Help, when i open any excel file it will not open. the excel application opens, but then i am forced to search for the file again to open it. under tools, options, general it looks like i can put in paths to look for the file automatically, any thing i put in there does not work... thanks,,,,,,,, bryan im working on xp... thanks >-----Original Message----- >Help, when i open any excel file it will not open. the >excel application opens, but then i am forced to search >for the file again to open it. under tools, options, >general it looks like i can put in paths to...

Word 2007 ink options
I have a 'pen mouse' (A 'bamboo tablet' if this makes things clearer) and have only just discovered that on the word 2007 toolbar there are 'ink' options which allow me to scribble and draw in word documents. Every time I start Word the pens go back to default settings - e.g. the felt tip pen is always red and a certain width. Is there anyway to change the default settings on this particular function? Thanks -- doghouseriley ...

Change default application used by the "Call Contact" feature
Hi there! This is the situation in my compagny : we've recently implemented the "Asterisk" VoIP solution. It works pretty well with the "eyeBeam" softphone. However we have a problem in the MS Outlook 2003 application. Indeed, even if the add-in available in the contact section works, we'd like to directly use "eyeBeam" when we use the "Call Contact" feature. The feature is available when we do a right-clic on a contact name in an email header, then "call", finally "call NUMBER". Actually, its lauches the "Windows Live ...

Save font output as bitmap
Hello. I'd like to be able to print some arbitrary text using a font of my choosing, but instead of just having the text display on say a CStatic object, I'd actually like to render the output to a bitmap. I imagine it should be possible, but since I'm new to MFC I'm not sure what direction would be good to first start looking in. If anyone could offer some advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. jeff Jeff W. wrote: > Hello. I'd like to be able to print some arbitrary text using a font of my > choosing, but instead of just having the text display on say a CStatic ...

Sales Transaction Integration / Default Account Codes
I have several sales transaction integrations. The sales distribution account is in the source file, and I have "Use Source Recordset" selected in the mapping options. However, when the transactions are viewed in Dynamics, the default sales account codes are displayed--not the account codes from the source file. How can I fix this? Thank you in advance, Caroline PS: The account codes are correct except for the state segment (state where inventory derived) and location segment (actual facility where inventory is produced). But the inventory does not always come from the ...

Converter failed to save file
I've recently installed Office 2007 Enterprise package and can no longer read pdf files either directly from a web site or in an email from another PC. There seem to be several references to this issue on Google but no-one seems to have a definitive answer. Can anyone help please? -- A. T. Hen Do you get an error message? If so, what does it say *exactly*? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Attila the Hen" <AttilatheHen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A...

Saving tab delineated text files
Is there a way to save/export excel files as a tab delineated text (.txt) file WITHOUT any added "frills"? What I mean is that some of the cells contain text that contains a comma and I do not want excel to put quotes around this data; another program reading this text file won't understand the quotes. Also it would be helpful if a tab delineated between rows instead of a carriage return. Larry, Get the Text Write Program at www.tushar.mehta.com. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Larry" &l...