Default recipient for new messages?

Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new messages?

yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new
> messages?

Do you mean that you want a particular person to receive a copy of all the
mail you send?  There's a rule that will do that.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
7/18/2005 8:15:57 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:
> yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new
>> messages?
>

> Do you mean that you want a particular person to receive a copy of all
> the mail you send?  There's a rule that will do that.
Yes, for each message that I create I want a specific user to be added
to the "To" in addition to all of the recipients that I select on my
own.  Is there a builtin in rule in Outlook or do I have to write a
Macro to do this?
yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, for each message that I create I want a specific user to be added
> to the "To" in addition to all of the recipients that I select on my
> own.  Is there a builtin in rule in Outlook or do I have to write a
> Macro to do this?

I don't have access to OL 2002 at the moment, but there is a rule in OL
2003, so I suspect 2002 has it as well.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
7/19/2005 2:50:19 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:

> yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, for each message that I create I want a specific user to be added
>> to the "To" in addition to all of the recipients that I select on my
>> own.  Is there a builtin in rule in Outlook or do I have to write a
>> Macro to do this?
>

> I don't have access to OL 2002 at the moment, but there is a rule in OL
> 2003, so I suspect 2002 has it as well.

I don't use rule that often so I'm not really familier with the options
and what is available.  However when I look at the rules wizard I see no
template that affects new messages nor when I try to make a custom
wizard do I see any option to affect new messages.  It seems to me that
the rules wizard only affects incoming or outgoing messages.

This seems to me that when the user clicks the "New" button or when the
user clicks the send button that the user would be added.  Making this
addition after the message is sent doesn't make sense.

The "Apply to this folder" only allows messages in the Inbox to be
"ruled".  Is it possible that some of the rules maybe restricted based
on policy?
yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't use rule that often so I'm not really familier with the
> options and what is available.  However when I look at the rules
> wizard I see no template that affects new messages nor when I try to
> make a custom wizard do I see any option to affect new messages.  It
> seems to me that the rules wizard only affects incoming or outgoing
> messages.

Of course the rules wizard affects (automatically) only incoming and
outgoing messages. That's the only kind of new messages there are.  A new
message you create would be, by definition, an outgoing message.

Here's how I'd make a rule that copies a particular person on every message
you send.  The steps may be a little different for you, but you should be
able to follow them.

Tools>Rules and Alerts>New Rule>Start from a blank rule>Check messages after
sending>Next>Next.  AT this point you'll get a pop-up saying "This rule will
be applied to every message you send.  Is this correct?"  Click Yes.  Put a
check in the box by the action "Cc the mesasge to people or distribution
list".  In the lower pane, click "people or distribution list", select from
the address book the person who is to receive copies of everything and click
the "To ->" button at the bottom, or simply enter the person's address in
that field.  Click OK.  Now you'll be back at the Rules Wizard.  Click Next
or click Finish.  If you click Next, you can specify any exception you'd
like, for example if the message has an attachment,. and click Next or
Finish.  If you click Next, you can give the rule a name and specify a
couple of options.  Click Finish.  You now have a rule that will send to the
specified person a copy of every message to send to anyone.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

change default settiings for spacing
I am trying to change the default setting for "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" by checking this box. It doesn't seem to work however. Is there something I need to do to change this default? Thanks This setting can be made only in style definitions, not in individual paragraphs or selected text or as a default for all styles. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Lucid Moose" <Lucid Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55B13F51-D384...

Message Filtering on MS Outlook 2000
Hi I'm Leo I have a problen on my MS Outlook Message Filtering, this is the scenario. User A sends a message to User B (inside my organisation) and User C (outside) then the message goes to User B Inbox, then User C replies to User B and the message goes to Junk Folder. This is not usually heppening when User C sends Email on User B, normally it goes to User B inbox. We have a Rule that filters the Email Address of the sender so I think that the MS Outlook filters the message thats why it goes to Junk Folder. My question is how did MS Outlook filters messages even if we do not have Rul...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

New type of activity
Hello, I want to create a new type of activity. For eg., like the way we have types in Phone Task, Fax, Phone Call,etc. we need to have 1 or 2 more types. Is it possible? Regards, Venkat Venkat; New activities are not currently possible without using the SDK. MSFT has promised more flexibility with activities in v2.0 (due Q1 2005). Dave The only way to do this would be to create the new activities in a different table and link somehow back to CRM. A number of companies have developed solutions like this. As said this feature has been mentioned as a possible for the next crm release a...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

HTML is being converted to text in outlook messages
I have a mixed environment of Exchange 2k3 SP2, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. Currently, the Ex5.5 server is acting as the bridgehead, so all inbound/outbound mail passes through the IMC on that box. My problem is with HTML content within emails. I recieve the messages ok (they are displayed as HTML), but when I forward them, the email loses the HTML content, and displays it in plain text. I have checked the "HTML" box setting in the IMC on the Ex5.5 bridghead server. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be enabled? Any help is appreciated. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:20:31 -080...

Creating New GP Company
I am in the process of creating a new GP Data Company – normally I just go to utilities and select “Create A Company” and I am good to go. This time however when I create the new company not all of the Manufacturing tables/stored procedures are created. I know that I have successfully created new companies prior to me installing SP5. When I log into the new company I get the following error: SQLServer souldnot find the stored procedure ‘CDA01.dbo.msysCompDoseMfgCompExist’ then invalid object name ‘ICJC6000’ When I actually try to go into a MOP module I get a message stating that M...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

Message Tracking Center not functioning
The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however today I tried to use it and received the error message: "The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties. I've tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for Administrators. Also looking at the tracking ...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC
I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows. When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data. What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what? Thanks. Copy the pst(s) to the new PC There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when Outlook is installed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Marts&q...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

New task item for bunch of users to fill in a survey
Created a survey to be filled in by a bunch of users. How can I assign a task item for each of them with the least effort from my part, so they know to fill in the survey? I was thinking of filling a list with all the usernames, then start a workflow that creates the tasks having the "Assigned To" filled in by the list. Is this the right approach, or is there another/easier way I overlook? ~Hans ...

Change the Default Global Address List
Hello, I need to change the default global address list to show only users and contacts from my domain. Is it possible to change the default global address list? Nowadays, The default global address list shows users from my domain and many contacts from others domains. thanks in advance. i have the same situation. i'm trying to figure out how to make another global address list with enternal contacts. if you figure it out, i would love to hear about it:) "Maurit" wrote: > Hello, > > I need to change the default global address list to show only users and >...

Outlook Connector 12.1
I have installed Outlook Connector 12.1 (12.0.6423) in Outlook 2003. I was able to download all the email messages from my Hotmail account into Outlook, but several of them have severely truncated subject lines, while others do not. Also, several of these messages have excessive extra line breaks, even when the window states "Extra line breaks in this message were removed." I cannot find a pattern to this. The subject lines and line breaks are complete and normal when viewed via Hotmail. I tried the 'repair Outlook Connector' feature via "Control Panel...

Workbook default for borders
I have a number of workbooks which began their lives in Excel and the cell border setting is just fine. Nice dark lines, etc. Howver, I have other Excel files that were created from Lotus 1-2-3 files. The cell border settings in these files is not the same as the other files. The cell border line is gray. When I set a cell with a border and then click on Format, cell, border and then click on Choose the black color, the cell in question gets the desired format. But, no where can I find a way to set the default cell border this way for the whole workbook. Isn't there a menu op...

Default mailbox
Hello all - thanks for reading this. SBS 2000 > Exchange 2000 w/ all service packs, ect. Using POP3 connector, we retrieve messages from our ISP through one email account. I use sbs/exchange accounts to route all mail to users. This works fine, except if an email comes in for lisa@blah.com but is address to liza@blah.com (notice the "s" and "z") it goes to a queue and is mark unreachable. How can I get all messages that are not specifically addressed to users - or mistakes in the email address to go to a default email box - or to my administrator email box? T...

how multiple recipient policies work in E2K3
If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the one with the highest priority? Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and also how the priority works? Try the article below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319201 -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http://teoheras.blogspot.com/ "AdminKen" wrote: > If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the > one with the highest priority? > > Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and > also how the prior...

messages location
***please help*** due to unknown problem, my newly installed motherboard screwed up my windows XP boot. Where can I find messages from outlook (I have the new hard disk) so I could copy them and later import? Also, does anyone know how to make a hard disk bootable other than reformatting it in XP setup? super thanks! There is a specific procedure to follow if you have replaced a mobo, to prevent problems http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341 Not sure what/why yr trying to achieve with hd OL data installed in *pst files, a hidden file "pla" <anony...

New DB Query problem
In Excel 2002, when I go to Data-Import External Data-New Database Query, I get a "Choose Data Source" window that displays many items including Oracle, dBase Files, Excel Files, and MS Access Database. However, when another user logs onto the same PC and tries the same process they don't see any of those files listed. Instead, they only see Oracle listed. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks! Probably because the rights to those other Databases are assigned by username from the MIS dept. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "D.P. Roberts [MCSE,MCSD,MCDBA]&...

Problem Exporting Messages from OE
Hi, I am trying to export messages from Outlook Express. I have done this before, but now I am having problems getting the process to work. I click File, Export, Messages.... but it then replies, "This will export messages from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange". I click Ok and nothing happens? I thought it would ask me for a Profile, but it does not. Can anyone please help? Thanks, Meeker Configured Outlook already with a valid default delivery location? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

Importing new Items in bulk
I've got a CSV with 400 new items. Be damned if I'm going to manually enter them one by one. I am quite comfortable with SQL scripting and VB so I was thinking of writing a simple CSV-to-Items-Table program. Are there any dependancies or relationships I should consider before just tossing 400 new items into the items table? They won't be getting suppliers right away (I have a tool for adding suppliers en masse anyways) so that's a non-issue. All the new items will be atomic units (ie: no kits or assemblies) so that, too, is a non-issue. I'm just afraid of breaking somethin...

Messages sitting in outbox #2
When sending a message, email goes to Outbox and sits there until you click on the outbox folder. Also, messages arrive in blocks on 3 or 4 whenever you touch any other folders. They do not arrive automatically until some action is performed on the client. I found that by disabling ISA Firewall Client problem goes away. Secondly it you add Outlook.exe in ISA configuration to the applications to be ignored by ISA FC, outlook works fine again. However, after this you can not receive all of the imbedded pictures which my customers want to see. So, can anyone tell me what I am missing in ...