Default MESSAGE CLASS for mailboxes

Hi there,
Is it possible to change the default message-class that is attached to
Outlook(2002) folders when a new mailbox is created?

Specifically, I'd like any newly created mailbox (on our Exchange2000
server) to have IPM.Appointment.MyAppointment as the default message class
for the Calendar folder (rather than IPM.Appointment).

Alternatively - is it possible to change the default message class of the
Calendar folder from VB? (the property seems to be Read-Only, even though it
is editable via the user interface by picking the relevant form).

Thanks!
Uri.

0
uri1 (2)

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

Address book in public folder is formatted as a message
Hi I just installed a new copy of exchange 2003. Now my addres book in the public folder is formatted as message. I created a template with the view I want i.e. card with details for the addresses, but it does not allow me the flexiblity I have when it was a card view. Another problem is that no aone in the company is able to add, or change any address. What am I doing wrong? phunterqa@yahoo.com ...

How to leave a copy of messages on server using Outlook 2000 and 2002
I am using Outlook 2000 with our company exchange server, how do I setup outlook so it leaves a copy of messages on the server so I can use multiple computers to access email. I have spent an hour but can't the setting to do this. thx Rajesh By default, when you set up Outlook to connect to an Exchange mailbox, it opens the full mailbox (MAPI connection) - doesn't download mail (POP connection). So unless you are using POP mail, or a PST file for delivery, your mail should stay in the Exchange mailbox (which is the best place) and you can access it from multiple computers. Proba...

attachments in inbound messages do not decode #2
I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server (on NT 4 box). All of a sudden message attachments from a specific outside domain do not decode. See below the attachment just shows up has junk. How do you fix this? Other interesting thing if I forward (either internal or external) the message to anyone the attachment works fine. I have searched but haven't found any pertinent ports. Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -----Original Message----- > From: Nolan, Pati > Sent: Friday, November 11...

Messages stuck in Queue with status Active and eventually fail.
I have an exchange 2000 server with SP3. The scenario is this; Everything has been functioning great except emailing to AOL, so I setup a smart host to use our ISP's smtp server. Well, they are getting flagged as open relay and the mail is rejected. So I had them setup a reverse dns lookup for our IP so I could send mail directly. I found a site that allows me to check RBL's and we came up good on about 25 of them, so we aren't black listed. Now we can email aol users without any problems, but all of a sudden, I can't get the server to deliver mail to other exchang...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929
We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the server." We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend. Does anyone know a better way around this? ...

alter default view for operations
I'd like to just see parameter types, not names. I don't want to see: methodName( in request : LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName I'd like to see: methodName( LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName -------------- Justin ...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Outlook message bodies Blank
When I open my email in outlook the body is empty. I seem to remember somethig about my AVG doing something. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://w...

'Signature for new messages' which won't work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and if I go to Tools>Options>Mail Format I see I can choose a signature for new messages. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up, and have set a new message signature for each one, e.g.: 1) Home > Sig 1 (default) 2) Work > Sig 2 3) Play > Sig 3 However when I try to create a new e-mail message, it seems impossible to automatically start a new e-mail using my Work or Play accounts, and therefore have the signature automatically entered. So what is the point of this feature if there is no way to use it? I'm sure I'm missing so...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

Not able to view activities
Hi, I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended. However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact you system administrator." I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help me fix this issue. Thanks and Regards, Mahalax. ...

How to change caption on 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the caption on the 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class? I derived a class CPlotSettingsDialog1. Here is it's OnCreate. int CPlotSettingsDialog1::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CPropertySheet::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; CRect WindowRect; GetWindowRect(&WindowRect); WindowRect.bottom = WindowRect.bottom + 60; MoveWindow(&WindowRect); return 0; } all the code does is make the bottom of the property sheet a bit longer. It still has the 3 default buttons. I need to either re-caption t...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

System Attendant Mailbox #3
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 5.5 Sp4 server on w2k maschine. But I don't see my System Attendant Mailbox even if I receive mails from it. Could someone say me what is wrong? Thanks a lot for any help. Mitsi Where are you looking to view the system attendant mailbox? If you haven't tried look in mailbox resources and it should be there. -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mitsi" <anonymous...

OE Can Compact Messages!
Hi, I repeatedly get the often complained about message from OE; "To free up disk space Outlook Express can compact messages...........". I've read the answers to other posters re this nuisance and have dealt with all "The Usual Suspects". In fact that has been my practice for a long time without ever encountering this problem. It has surfaced only recently with no changes in the PC of which I'm aware. The crowning insult occurred today immediately after I had just completed a total manual compacting. A solution would be greatly appreciated. T...

Can't open up Outlook messages
The Microsoft Outlook screen will appear. When I click on the messages they will not open up. I get a message that Outlook Not Responding. Not sure if a connection problem (Using Road Runner), a server problem or a computer problem. Any advice will be appreciated. I have Windows XP Home Edition installed. Thanks. ...

reality check: 1GB mailboxes?
Is anyone else getting pressure to compete with GMail and offer 1GB mailboxes to their Exchange Server 2003 users? To me, Exchange is a messaging/collaboration platform, not a file server. The issue I'm faced with lately is file attachments on email messages. They can be anywhere from 20KB to 50MB (or more). Limiting the file attachment size means finding an alternative to sending/receiving files that don't make the cut. Since sending email with attachments is so pervasive and easy (albeit, insecure), asking users to send/receive files another way could result in a decrease in ...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...