default mail format based on domain

Greetings -

After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking
at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend,
so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to
set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can
specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text.

Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)?
Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place
of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other
domains to be plain text only.

Again, I want to control formatting of *outbound* mail, not inbound,
as a function of the domain the mail is being sent to.

Thanks in advance...

<forum.query@gmail.com> wrote in message

> After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking
> at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend,
> so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to
> set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can
> specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text.
>
> Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)?

For Rich Text messsages, you can make sure they're Plain Text or HTML when
they are sent to an Internet Address.  (Tools>Options>Mail Format>Internet
Format)  Otherwise, the granularity is per-Contact but not per-domain.  If
you double-click the E-mail address defined for an external contact, an
"E-mail Properties" dialogue will appear allowing you to specify the format
of the outgoing message, overriding for that contact the default format
specified on Tools>Options>Mail Format.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/15/2009 3:57:43 AM
On Jan 14, 10:57=A0pm, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
<tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <forum.qu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking
> > at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend,
> > so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to
> > set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can
> > specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text.
>
> > Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)?
>
> For Rich Text messsages, you can make sure they're Plain Text or HTML whe=
> they are sent to an Internet Address. =A0(Tools>Options>Mail Format>Inter=
net
> Format) =A0Otherwise, the granularity is per-Contact but not per-domain. =
=A0If
> you double-click the E-mail address defined for an external contact, an
> "E-mail Properties" dialogue will appear allowing you to specify the form=
at
> of the outgoing message, overriding for that contact the default format
> specified on Tools>Options>Mail Format.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Thanks - but boy, is that nowhere near as good as what Thunderbird
allows - with TB, you have almost infinite granularity. With Outlook,
it seems you need to do this contact by contact. What a pain...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Getting the BCC field by default.

Fractions Number format

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Date format 04-11-06

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...