Default font in Outlook replies

Greetings.  I am using Microsoft Outlook.   I have the default set to the
blue screen and white letters, and I have, I thought, it set to HTML,
however, when I hi 'Reply', I get the blue screen, but black letters, as if
it is picking up the font color of the letter I am reply to.  Aslo, I seen in
the little box near the top that it says that I am reply in 'Plain Text' when
I want to reply with html.  I have spent a long time tryint to correct this
but, ugh...no avail.

Please advise.
0
Celticson (13)

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:22:01 -0700, Celticson
<Celticson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Greetings.  I am using Microsoft Outlook.   I have the default set to the
>blue screen and white letters, and I have, I thought, it set to HTML,
>however, when I hi 'Reply', I get the blue screen, but black letters, as if
>it is picking up the font color of the letter I am reply to.  Aslo, I seen in
>the little box near the top that it says that I am reply in 'Plain Text' when
>I want to reply with html.  I have spent a long time tryint to correct this
>but, ugh...no avail.

Luckily, by default, Outlook uses the format of the original message when
creating a reply to that message. This is as it should be, as most people
who send messages in plain text do not want to be burdened with looking at
HTML messages.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA

BTW, I spent a few years on the CPD.  : )

"SgtRich" wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:22:01 -0700, Celticson
> <Celticson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Greetings.  I am using Microsoft Outlook.   I have the default set to the
> >blue screen and white letters, and I have, I thought, it set to HTML,
> >however, when I hi 'Reply', I get the blue screen, but black letters, as if
> >it is picking up the font color of the letter I am reply to.  Aslo, I seen in
> >the little box near the top that it says that I am reply in 'Plain Text' when
> >I want to reply with html.  I have spent a long time tryint to correct this
> >but, ugh...no avail.
> >
> Luckily, by default, Outlook uses the format of the original message when
> creating a reply to that message. This is as it should be, as most people
> who send messages in plain text do not want to be burdened with looking at
> HTML messages.
> --
> <<<SgtRich>>>
> Chicago, Illinois, USA

0
Celticson (13)
6/7/2005 2:04:04 PM
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 07:04:04 -0700, Celticson
<Celticson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well....I guess that answers that.  Thanks for taking the time, Sgt.

No problem.

>BTW, I spent a few years on the CPD.  : )

Really? When? 1973-2004 for me.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Celticson
--------------------------

"SgtRich" wrote:

> Really? When? 1973-2004 for me.
> --
> <<<SgtRich>>>
> Chicago, Illinois, USA

0
Celticson (13)

IRM in Outlook 2007
I have just installed the IRM addon for Outlook 2007 but it is causing some problems and I want to uninstall it. However I can't see it in the Add Remove Programs option in Control Panel. How do I uninstall this? Thanks Tony ...

Default to Calendar in Office 2003
I am running Outlook 2003 under Win XP Home and would like to set Outlook to open to the Calendar tab (as opposed to the In Box). Is there a setting somewhere to make this change? Thanks....Kylster Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > change the "Startup in this folder" field by using the Browse button. "Kylster" <kylster@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:49db01c4895a$faa3d780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am running Outlook 2003 under Win XP Home and would > like to set Outlook to open to the Calendar tab (as > opposed to the In Box). Is ...

Outlook 2002 Hangs at Shutdown
I have Outlook 2002 on a Dell 4500 With Win XP. I can use Outllok but when I close out of the program, I notice in running processes, that it is still there running. It also hang the computer on shutdown and requires me to end task to complete a shutdown. Any Idesa??? ...

How to set up Outlook
Could anyone tell me hoe to set up Outlook so that i can send and receive mail as i am unsure of how to do this. Could you also assist with a template that i can work from to calculate Morgages with. Thankyou Mark ...

Writing e-mails in Outlook
When I write an email directly in Outlook. The format looks fine on the screen when I write it and when I print it out. If I copy myself on the message when I send it. It comes back with line spaces every where and which makes it unreadable. I believe there must be a line length setting somewhere I haven't set. I am using Word as my editor for Outlook. Someone told be I need to modify the Word settings. I can't find the setting that needs to be changed. Go to Options | Mail Format | settings, change from 76 char to what you want Steve L. marilyn wrote: > When I write an em...

Font size problem
I have a file tags.txt which is in Courier New 10.5 and I want to change it to 9. It will change and save OK, but when I re-open it has gone back to 10.5. Changing it in WordPad works, and if I re-open in WordPad it remembers it is 9, but it goes back to 10.5 when opened in Word. A Command Button in Access runs a VBA instruction to open the document in Word, and I cannot find any way to change the font size it opens in. Can anyone advise a way round the problem? Thanks Dudley If this is a plain text file, then it does not store the font formatting - only the text. The dis...

Outlook Skins
What is best method to remove spyware skin from outlook header on new mail !! ...

Outlook 2002 Attachments #4
I have recently ourchased Microsoft Office XP. Upon udating with SP1, SP2 and other security patches as indicated, Otlook is now blicking attachments that I need to view, e.g. .com, .exe. How do I fix this! Many thanks, John Please see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "johnas50" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CDF001E-DF29-4130-B9B6-00E7B2621D07@microsoft.com... > I have recently ourchased Micr...

Default view?
Every Word file is opening up in Print layout. Is there any way of having the default opening layout to be Web layout? Who prints these days anyway? Maybe 1 in 100 documents on a typical computer ever gets printed! It seems ridiculous to have Print as the default layout. Using XP Pro SP3 with Office 2007 but have chosen to save documents in the Word 2003 file type so Wordpad can access them in case I need to work with them on a public computer that may not have Word 2007 installed. Surely it must be possible to have Web Layout as the default View setting. I have hundre...

importing old outlook data??
Hello :) I recently had to reinstall everything, but I kept all my ol programs and settings in tact on (what is now) my slave drive. I have reinstalled Outlook 2000, but I would like to import everythin from my old copy (contacts, all my folders of saved messages, etc.) How would I go about doing this? Thanks in advance! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should re-use your .PST file to get all your data back. Look here for all the information you nee...

After XP SP2, Outlook 98 Problem
After installing WinXP SP2 on serveral PCs with Outlook 98 installed, Outlook no longer downloads email to the local PST file from the Exchange server unless the Send/Receive button is clicked, or when the application is first opened. We had the Windows Firewall enabled (via Group Policy) and the following was found in the log: 2004-09-16 10:32:19 DROP UDP 172.17.6.9 172.17.7.126 63208 1117 36 - - - - - - - RECEIVE So, first I added an exception (via Group Policy) for the Outlook.exe program. This did not work. I don't know why???? I even went so far as to add the exception f...

insert a radio button in outlook 2007
Hi, is it possible to insert a Radio button in Outlook, or a drop down menu so that I can send a feedback questionnaire with questions? Thanks Only via custom forms and additional VBA scripts to record their responses in a reply. You'd then need additional programming to easily collect the responses from the replies in order to analyze the results. It might be easier to use a web based questionnaire instead where responses are directly stored within a database. If you still want to do this via email, you might want to take a look at this add-in; http://addins.howto-outl...

mailto html tag opens outlook with Rich Text not HTML
Is there anyway to set a mailformat=html in the mailto of a <a href=mailto tag? Every time I use this method I get a Rich Text formatted outlook e-mail. Thanks in advance. "Jim Mitchell" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eolm8hjFFHA.3732@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to set a mailformat=html in the mailto of a <a > href=mailto tag? > > Every time I use this method I get a Rich Text formatted outlook > e-mail. What happens when you configure Outlook to default to HTML format for new mails instead of RTF? -- ____________...

Help
Hi All, I am currently fighting a major problem with attachments, that seems to relate to user/outlook profiles and whether or not the attachment contains images of a certain format. It's a bit long-winded, but please bear with me, I would appreciate any advice on how Outlook handles attachments that contain embedded images. Client is Windows 2000 with Office 2000 SR1, mailserver is Exhange 2003 on Server 2003. Most attachments are OK, but we are having problems with .PPT, .DOC & .PDF documents that contain images. Unfortunately I can't work out what format the images are becaus...

Outlook Automatically Deleting Emails #2
Hi we are running Exchange 2003 and using Outlook 2003 as the email client. I was called to investigate why a user did not receive 3 emails all from the same company that she was expecting. Having used the Message Tracking facility within Exchange System Manager I could see that the emails arrived and were delivered to her mail store. Looking at her Outlook the messages were not anywhere to be seen. Used Recovered Deleted Items from the Tools menu and found the three emails. I then recovered these three emails and they re-appeared in the Recovered Deleted Items list with a new time stam...

Can't get Outlook Express to send message in Outbox
I usually send bulk e mails to clients of ours every few weeks. As of August sometime when you close Outlook Express a pop up says one or more messages in your outbox does not have a valid account specified. Would you like to use your default account to send these messages? When I choose yes I get this error message The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'Exodus [exodusdance@earthlink.net]'. Subject 'UDG USA Stocklist Update Week Of Aug 4, 2003', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', ...

Wipe Outlook Mail Messages
Looking for a wipe utility for Windows XP Pro / Office 2003 Pro Outlook mail messages. Presently I rely on the "compress" configuration to fully delete mail messages after they are removed from the "Delete Folder" Don't think that this approach is very effective. Ideas??? ...

Outlook Express Password #9
I have Outlook Express 6 and I recently reformatted my computer. Once I reinstalled OE, it WILL NOT save my POP3 account password. I have entered it and checked the "Save Password" box, but it will not save it. I get tired of typing it in all the time. Does anyone know how to fix this, if it can be fixed? cyberguy91@highstream.net ...

Outlook 2002 "error 1635" at startup
Windows ME computer Upgraded to XP (no problem before) Everything works fine (much better actually) except that every time Outlook 2002 is opened it gets either "windows installer error 1635" (Clicking OK lets you open it, and it works fine) or it starts attempting to install from the Office XP Small Business CD, and then gets an error that it cannot install the patch due to error 1635. I have successfully installed Office XP SP2 which straightened out some of the other Office progs, but this continues to be a minor annoyance. HELP! ...

User receives error when creating Distribution List within Outlook 2003
I've been trying to read up on this to understand the problem, and I hope I have it right. All of our users have mailboxes on an Exchange 2003 server. The "Address Book" actually pulls information directly from the Exchange server. There are two users in one branch office - one can open up the Address Book, click on the "New Entry" icon, click on the New Distribution List entry, click OK, add entries, save and close it. The other user gets permissions errors when trying to do this. I've looked at the entries in Exchange System Manager and Active Directory Users and ...

Re: Change datalabel font size for all chartobjects in a row
I get error like "Size method not allowed by Font object" for this code. Can sombodey help me? /Regards ----- "John Green" <greenj@spam.net.au> skrev i meddelandet news:e60uYYezEHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Try the following: Sub SetFonts() Application.EnableEvents = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim chtobj As ChartObject Dim scol As Series Dim dl As DataLabel For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects For Each scol In chtobj.Chart.SeriesCollection For Each dl In scol.datalabels With dl.Font ...

"No more new fonts may be..."
Error message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" I've seen this message before and know I've read what causes this, but don't remember. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this? I have to hit "OK" button about 10 times to get it to go away and this message comes up every time I try to change a graph reference, which is almost a constant thing at this point. Thanks in advance for any help... Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / GTS Int'l MIS FedEx Express Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573&...

Outlook is slow to load data file
Outlook requires nearly 30 seconds to load the data (.pst) file. The file is pretty small. I have compacted the file, I have run the scanpst.exe repair utility, yet it continues to be slow. Under Properties/data the .pst file is named Outlook and is under the C: drive. Is the location of the file what is causing the slow response. How do I move the file to the Documents and Settings area and then tell Outlook where it is? ...

Cannot Insert Sound in Outlook 2003 Message
Hi there, Have just installed Office Pro 2003 Upgrade on Windows XP Pro SP2 system. Word is set as the default for Outlook 2003 e-mail. In a new mail message went into the WebTools toolbar to add a sound to a message and received the following error message: Microsoft Office Word This object was created in HTMLInlineSoundCtl. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed. OK Any ideas what I can do to remedy this? The Upgrade was installed over Office Pro 2000 using Run All ...

Help !Homail and Outlook 2002
I am currently using Windows XP Pro and I am using a LAN to connect to the internet at work. I set up my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002, and I can receive mail fine, but it isn't sending mail. It will disappear from the Outbox, but it won't appear in the Hotmail sent folder and the recipient doesn't get it. It will, however, appear in the personal folder for my internal email account here at work. I've tried deleting it and re- adding it, and I still can't get it to send. Please help! ...