Default file locations #2

How do you change the default location when you create a
new message then insert a file?  I am always directed to
my documents.

thanks

John
0
anonymous (74722)

See the following.
http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm

0
anonymous (74722)

Combining Cells #2
I need the easiest way to do this: I have a column with values. Sometimes there are 2 rows, sometimes 20. For another program, I need all the values in that column in one long string separated by commas. So if my orginal data is: 8766 7788 9987 What I need excel to spit out is: 8766,7788,9987 How do I do this given that my number of rows can vary. I don't mind at all copying and pasting a function in that handles this, but just not sure how to go about it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Let's say the numbers start in A1 In B1 enter = A1 In B2 enter =B1&","&...

ListCtrl #2
Hello I have a bitmap background and I want my List Control to have transparency so the background goes through, Is there anyway to do this? TIA Nancy ...

Batch Not Posting #2
Hello all, we have an issue where when we attempt to post from several different modules it gets so far then kills great plains. we have to go into the batch recovery run the batch recovery at which time it will print the reports them GP dies again. then we have to go back into batch recovery and hit cancel on all the reports and it will them post the batch. TIA ...

excel based budgeting #2
I amusing Excel Based Budgeting, the spreadsheet is getting created, yet created blank. I know the system created the spreadhseet b/c the worksheet page 1 gets named the Budget ID that we started with. this workstation/user can export with no issue from smart list At the same time we are working on exporting the budget, on another workstaion we were processing a pretty big GL integration any ideas? ...

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

URGENT PRIV1.STM file near limit
Hello, I have Exchange 2003 standard configured with several mailboxes, all used with pop3 connections from external clients (no messages will remain on the server for more than a few hours). Now, I have reached the database size limit of 16 GB but the strange thing is that the priv1.edb file size is only about 200 MB, but the priv1.stm file is 15,8 GB. The store is continuosly stopped by the system and I don't know what to do. I've tried to limit the mailboxes max size, tho set the retention time for deleted messages and mailboxes to 0, I made several offline defragmentation, ...

Allowing Default Domain for OWA
I have an Exchange 2000 environment in which I am hosting multiple company email accounts under one forest and one domain. I would like to now offer them OWA access over SSL. My Question: Are there any known security risks by entering the "Default Domain" under the various protocols in ESM so my clients would no longer have to enter the domain each time they would like to log on through OWA? If I do, should I and can I utilize this under all protocols? My gratitude ahead of time... There's a KB article on that. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903942/en-us -- Ed Crowley ...

Trim function #2
How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. Hi not really sure what you're rying to achieve. Could you give an example? >-----Original Message----- >How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. >. > When you use the TRIM Worksheet Function by itself the result is displayed in the cell. =TRIM(B1) If you want to know what B1 actually contains, you could use CODE for each byte, but easier would be Chip Pearson's Cell View -- http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm For a maco to trim all cells i...

Giving default values to edit boxes when users leave them blank..
Say that a user selects an edit box, erases the contents, and then moves to another edit box. Is there an easy way to fill the erased contents when the user selects something else? Frank B. Perhaps something like: CWnd* pWnd = GetDlgItem(IDC_YOUREDITCONTROL); ASSERT_VALID(pWNd); pWnd->SetWindowText(_T("WHATEVER Text"); Another option is to use wizard and bind a CEdit in your dialog to the one in your class using DDX mechanism. Then you can change it simply using m_MyEditControl.SetWindowText(..); Of course there is always UpdateData as well. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] aja...

CFile::Open doesnt open already opened MSWord File
Hi, I am facing a problem. I am trying to open a MS Word file using CFile::Open method. It works fine when file is not opened. But when that MSWord file is already opened, the CFile::Open function doesnt not open the file and return zero. Is it anything to do with the File Open mode i am specifying? here is the code i am trying to execute-- CFile f1; CFileException fe; int nFileException = 0; CString sFileName = "C:\\TestFile.doc"; BOOL b1 = f1.Open(sFileName,CFile::shareDenyNone,&fe); if(b1) { f1.Close(); nFileException = 0; } else nFileException = fe.m...

Compare 2 rows of data and update the first
I have 2 lists both have the same data in each (account names). Th first list is the master and the second list is a new accounts list. I would like to compare the second list to the first one and if th account is not in the first list then I would like it added to list 1. The second list changes frequently so I am looking to automate thi process. I am able to do vlookups to check for matches but I am unsure of how t perform the additional tasks of updating. Is there a simple solution with formulas or do I need to insert macro/program? thank you for your time and help, Bob -- Message ...

"No more fonts may be applied in this workbook." when saved. Why? #2
"No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook." Message box when spread sheet is saved. Why? ...

2007 outlook will not import my outlook 2003 pst files as too big
i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on another computer. only part of the file imports and i recive a message saying the file is too big. As posted here on a daily basis, you dont import native outlook data, you open the data file(s) within outlook Data files should be located on the HD, eg Documents folder, with read only attribute off "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE496F7-CC2C-4BA2-8CED-D984361C8ED7@microsoft.com... >i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on > anot...

Error: This view is damaged. The default view will be used
Has anyone seen this before. I have a user with a new install of Outlook. He has been able to send and receive just fine. He opens up Outlook now and some of his folders are un-available. Folders = Deleted / Puplic folders / Favorite and a couple others. Try this - CLose Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /CleanViews (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanViews" Select OK ....any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlo...

looking for dbx file format specification
hi, I am looking for dbx file format specification I am aware of the specification of Arne Schloh at http://oedbx.aroh.de, but it seems incomplete and unofficial is there something more complete and more official, describing the microsoft outlook 5 or 6 file format thanks, gjuro namely, the real question is how to write a program to read dbx files, preferably from .net (C# or VB.NET), preferably without any special library but with barebone byte reading, directly from file "Gjuro Kladaric" <gjuro@kladaric.net> wrote in message news:uK3Ci8#xK...

Trying to work with Transaction.DropAmount #2
I have been tasked with making an addition to the status.htm that will display a notification when the cash in the drawer has reached a particular value. I'm familiar with HTML and VB Script, but I've been going over the customization guide provided by MS and I'm a bit lost. The syntax that I see doesn't appear to be working for me or perhaps I just forgot how to do things. If anyone has any advice on how to access the values of Transaction.DropAmount or the value of cash in the cash drawer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Andrew Handerson ...

Suggestion needed from experts reg files
Hi, I am doing an app which involves freqent searching. So ,I thought of this way. Reading from the file once the system boots and cache the memory. When the file does not exist ,the app will not be executing else the app runs normal. I have done searching mechanism in the file. I am getting lost in caching the memory ,Pls explain how the whole procedure works and if at all pls give some sample code snippet. Regards YKUT Whether memory is cached or not is usually up to the memory manager. Why are you wanting to intervene? "YKUT" <ykutanoor2003@yahoo.com> wrote in messa...

0x800CCC0F error #2
OL2003 I have my POP and SMTP settings correct (I have run test message and it sends and receives) yet when OL automatically sends and receives, I get the above error with server responded on 553 unknown address. I have increased server timeout but still nothing, any help is appreciated It's a bit tough to know exactly what the problem is but one suggestion is that you have 2 email addresses set up; one which is working and one with erroneous settings - maybe set up by mistake when you were configuring OL. Oliver "T5" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Money 2000 Data File Not Converting Into Money 2007
When I open my old Money 2000 data file in Money 2007, Money offers to - and subsequently goes through the process to - convert it to Money 2007 format. It says that it's completed successfully, yet after it's finished, nothing's there !! No accounts, no bills - nothing !! And the original file has been changed or replaced (thank God I have backups !!!) because it won't go through the conversion process a second time if I try to open the file again. I haven't been able to apply SP1 and SP2 (see my other post in this forum) so I don't know if this issue is fixe...

Make confidential default setting for all e-mails
I work in HR so it would be helpful if all my e-mails went out marked confidential. At the moment I have to set the sensitivity of each e-mail so it would be helpful if Confidential was the default setting for all my e-mail. Is this possible? Rog <Rog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I work in HR so it would be helpful if all my e-mails went out marked > confidential. At the moment I have to set the sensitivity of each > e-mail so it would be helpful if Confidential was the default setting > for all my e-mail. Is this possible? Perhaps with a custom form. Start ...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

Show <> Records Between 2 Tables ?? (ANTI-Join)
Folks, I've got 2 tables. One has 2000 records (original) The Second has 1000 (created from the Original with 1000 records removed). There is a unique ID (which is in the Original and the Second for matching like records...the CustomerNum). I'm familiar with creating a query that would join them at the CustomerNum.... which would generate a list of records with matching CusterNums in each table) In the New Query dialog box, there's a wizard to create an Unmatched Query. That's what you're looking for. One of the tables has to be the "base" table, so you m...

default GAL restrictions in a multi-domain environment
I am setting up a exchange2003 server for several virtual domains. Is it possible to restrict the different address lists shown in outlook (default global address list included) so that the users in domain A only see users that are members in domain A, and the same for B,C,D.... Basicly restrict access, perhaps creating several default global address lists for each domain? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822940&product=exch2003 "Mojope" <Mojope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0264F4DD-AA52-430B-8612-FC919B0E75C4@microsoft.com... >...

Line graphs #2
I am using a line graph in Excel 2007. It has 3 variables. One of the variables, I changed to a column graph. When the data is plotted:this yr sales,last yr sales and budget, on the bottom of the graph shows dates for every week of data that I have for this year. How do you just show dates for every 4th week instead of every week. I had that in my scatter graph and I think it looks cleaner. Thanks Hi, You select the X-axis Choose Chart Tools, Format, Format Selection, Axis Options tab, Major Unit, Fixed, Days, 28. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Charles Eaves" wrote: >...

Print Excel files from a BAT file.
I would like to print to a network printer a bunch of Excel files using a BAT file. The network printer drivers are installed in Windows XP. I read the Excel parameters but none are for sending a print job to a printer. Can someone provide a BAT Start commnad line for me? -- Victor Manske Computer Network & Systems Consultant ...