Deactivate Account while checking mail

In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for
including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new
mail with Send/Receive All.

How does one do that in OL2003? I have several mail accounts, a couple of
which I would like to temporarily deactivate when getting new mail. How do I
do that?

0
lalsitara (28)

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:11:25 -0700, "Sitara Lal"
<lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote:

>In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for
>including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new
>mail with Send/Receive All.
>
>How does one do that in OL2003? I have several mail accounts, a couple of
>which I would like to temporarily deactivate when getting new mail. How do I
>do that?

Tools Menu > Options > Mail Setup tab > Send/Receive button. Create groups
to send/receive whichever accounts you like.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA

so many mails in our out queue
Dear All, We use exchange 5.5 +sp4 in these days. There are so many mails in our IMS-- >outbound messages awaiting delivery. And the Originator is not our domain name. I have done the following configuration --> in "routing restrictions" we select "hosts and clients that successfully authenticated" How can I stop the spam. By the way, we have to use POP3 in our client. Best Regards. Eden Disable the "hosts and clients that successfully authenticate" - have your clients use their ISP's SMTP server to send outbound mail. If that isn't pos...

WHY CAN'T I SEND MY E-MAILS? THEY WIND UP UNSENT IN OUTBOX.
Why can't I send my e-mails? The wind up unsent in outlook. Version? do they change when you look in the outbox? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "PatA" <PatA@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Mails
Hi I have 500 user in my organization and one of the user is facing a very strange problem like whenever he send mail to anyone on the from field we are getting the full AD path. Could anyone help me in resolving this issue he is very senior most person in our organisation. Help will be highly thankfull. Regards, ...

automatic list of e-mail subjects
I would like to list the subject names of whole e-mails in my INBOX (including all subfolders of Inbox). How can i do that by code? I think that will be wonderfull, I'm looking for something like that since a year because i can't program anything... I will be even more powerfull if the list could be shared on a server and automatically load to every users. This will sell like cookie since a lot of company work with porject number and custumer, rules for filtering could also be manage on the server by only one person as the subject list also. "mezzanine1974" wrote: &...

OUTGOING MASS MAILINGS
We have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP (all running with all the latest patches). We use Act! version 6.0 to generate mailing lists which we use to send out monthly newsletters. Act builds the messages and sends them to Outlook's 'Drafts" folder. Oulook then proceeds to send out the emails. We send out groups of 100 emails at a time (since Act can't handle more than 120 mass emails in this manner) until we have generated emails for all of our 1200 contacts. We always wait for all the messages to be sent out so the Outbox folder is empty when we start generating ...

E-mail Marketing Newsletters
I am attempting to create an html newsletter for e-mailing to my current clients. I have spent numerous hours trying to create a professional looking newsletter in html format with links to various information on the web using Publisher 2003. I have been experienceing the flaws of html format newsletters with text and graphics reacting in different ways per the program used to open and view them. Is an html format newsletter the best way to achieve a dynamic newsletter my clients can use as a resource to locate items on the web via links or should I be going down a totally different pa...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Copy and Paste the transactions between accounts
Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to another account to split one transaction to two different accounts easily? Because I run two business with me and want to split one expence in order to assign under the different company names. Thank you in advance for the kind reply. >-----Original Message----- >Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to >another account to split one transaction to two different >accounts easily? >Because I run two business with me and want to split one >expence in order to assign under the different company >nam...

my hotmail account
Will you please help me close my account? Thank you No one here can help you with that. Questions regarding Hotmail accounts and operation can be asked at http://windowslivehelp.com/ -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "kim johnson" <kim johnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3CFE80E-9090-4C35-A737-810151354383@microsoft.com... > Will you please help me close my account? Thank you All support for Windows Live Hotmail and related Live Services(account, Live ID, etc) is handled by the W...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Serucity Patch and Outlook 2000 Mail Merge
We use Outlook with an Exchange server. Outlook 2000 with latest update and Exchange 5.5SP4 plus updates. We have a contact folder and started a mail merge from Outlook. It works great and we're able to use, add, test, and confirm the fields and formats that we like. We are using it to merge into an email message. Everything works fine. One item we'd like to get around when sending the merge to Outlook it prompts twice at every contact - once asking if we want to allow access to Outlook and to this prompt we can respond allow access for x minutes. This prompt is ok because when mergi...

Automatically open different workbooks depending on user account used.
There are two userrs on the same computer. When user 1 opens Excel, I'd like oen workbook to automatically open. When user2 opens Excel, I'd like a diffferent workbook to automatically open. Is this possible? (Each user logs into Windows usning their uuser account.) The computer is running windows XP pro and Excel 2007. Thanks, Something like this might work for you. This is untested. Post back if this doesn't work for you. Place the following macro in the ThisWorkbook module. You would need to change ThePath to your real path, the user account names for Joe and Bill...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

Rule to delete junk mail does not always work
I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the mail containing these words still gets through (usually finish up in the Junk mail folder). When I run the rule on the Junk Mail folder these emails get deleted! So the rule would seem to be ok. Any idea why the rule does not always work? Al PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote: > I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain > characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the > mail containing these words ...

Outlook 2007 doesnt receive all mail
Just loaded Outlook 2007 onto my Vista laptop. After some juggleing I have managed to set up two POP mail based email addresses under one profile. So to test the system I have been sending messages to and from a hotmail live account I have. If I send to both addresses, only one arrives in the inbox. I fI sedn seperate messages to it - only the one to the other account comes through???? So each account will receive some messages indicating the set up is right but not on every occasion. Anyone got any suggestions for this? Have you also installed Microsoft Outlook Connector? If n...

Project Accounting billing invoice/invoice
Hi there A client we have been asked to assist at has just had project accounting installed by another consultant. We have been asked to design the billing note/invoice. I am not a regular consultant on Project Accounting and I am struggling a bit to understand the billing note options and reports. Basically what the customer is looking for is an invoice displaying a 1 line or summary lines showing the value to be billed including the display of the VAT/Tax. The projects are setup as T & M projects only with about 10-12 cost categories on each project, including equipment, labou...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

Unable to update accounts
After recently updating my MS Money to the latest version I have not been able to update my accounts. My last successful update shows 10/13/07. I can't figure out the problem. I have tried to merge duplicate accounts, no luck.... I need some help. On Nov 13, 12:55 pm, Bobert <Bob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After recently updating my MS Money to the latest version I have not been > able to update my accounts. My last successful update shows 10/13/07. I can't > figure out the problem. I have tried to merge duplicate accounts, no luck.... > I need some he...

Can I e-mail only one worksheet in a workbook using MSN Hotmail?

Multiple accounts:one bank (different IDs & pswd)
How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank w/ different IDs and pswds? In microsoft.public.money, garnd wrote: >How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank >w/ different IDs and pswds? What program are you using? MM 05 "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, garnd wrote: > > >How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank > >w/ different IDs and pswds? > > What program are you using? > > In microsoft.public.money, garnd...

CRM 3.0 and Office Accounting 2007
I understand that Gurango used to have a software that connected the two. It was called CRM2OA. They have - as far as I can see - discontinued it. With the discontinuation of this software, is possible that Microsoft (the developer of both CRM AND OA) has created a linking-tool that will work in a similar way as the CRM2OA??? We have CRM 3.0 running here, and we have Office Accounting 2007 running here. We would like to integrate them both so whether you are in one or the other, either one is updated with whatever invoice, client, payments or whatever is being entered. ...

Posting Accounts #3
Good morning, I just discovered a problem that's been going on for some time and I'm wondering if there is a solution besides a manual update. We have several inventory sites and we also have corresponding inventory accounts for each site. When I post an invoice that is not coming from our main location, the distribution is defaulting to our main location. I have the site changed to the other location, but is there a way to tie the inventory site to the correct distribution accounts? I know how to manually change the distribution, but it seems that there should be a way to ...

Analytical Accounting Edit list won't print
We are using Analytical Accounting and I have a general ledger batch that contains quite a bit of AA information. My understanding is that if I print the edit list on the batch, an AA edit list will also print, however, only the batch edit list is printing. Any idea why this might be? Is there some other way that I can look to see if the AA information has been attached to the transactions other than by looking at each transaction individually? Thanks, KJ Yo can turn the AA edit list printing on and off in the Posting Setup Window. Tools->Setup->posting->Posting Cheers. R. &...

e-mailing spread sheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I e-mail a spread sheet and only send the active page. The shaded pages that say &quot;click to add data&quot; go with it as well. > How do I e-mail a spread sheet and only send the active page. The shaded pages that say &quot;click to add data&quot; go with it as well. <br><br>see earlier messaga re this subject titled &quot;sending an excel spreadsheet&quot;; The answers are there ...

re: Missing Investment Account Summary Information
Oops. I somehow reset my PC clock to a time earlier than the transactions that would have generated the Account Summary information. Accordingly, no summary information showed. I came to the realization of what had happened when I began getting invalid security certificates upon visiting some well-known sites. Richard Schulman (for email reply, remove the "-xyz" part) ...