Day names in Calendar weekly view cells.

How does one display the days of the week, as well as the dates, in the title
bars of the date cells in Weekly View of Outlook 2003 Calendar?
It seems that an 'alternate calendar' of weekday names would do the trick if
there's no simple setting that I've missed.
Thanks,
--
Michael H
0

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Set Default Calendar in Outlook 2003
How can I change the default calendar in Outlook 2003? I have two calendars showing. One was created when I installed Outlook. The other was created when I installed Outlook Conector and added my MSN account. I'd like to use the MSN calendar as default as it is synced to all my computers when I log on to Outlook. Thanks, Sam Your default calendar folder is always the Calendar folder in your local message store or Exchange Mailbox. You can't make the MSN one the default as far as I know "Sam Crawford" <sam@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eN531ASxFHA.612@T...

how to count cells with equal sign
Hi guys please help me to write this formula: if the integers of the A1 and A2 are of the same sign(+ or -) =1 if not =0 I need to count cells with equal sign and i don't know how to expres in formula "equal sign" Appreciate your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Perhaps use the fact that, if you multiply together two numbers wit the same sign the answer will be positive. And if you multiply two wit opposite signs, the answer will be negative. So: =if(A1*A2>0,1,0). This doesn't cover the cases of A1 and/or A2 being zero. Does tha matter? If i...

Change Name in OWA
Hi all, I had a question about OWA with exchange 2007. Do users have the ability, through the GUI of OWA, to change their first and last names that are set in Active Directory? Robert no "supersonic_oasis" <supersonicoasis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01F36301-1428-482E-8E86-4BDC21EFFD04@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I had a question about OWA with exchange 2007. Do users have the ability, > through the GUI of OWA, to change their first and last names that are set > in > Active Directory? > > Robert ...

putting date and time together in 1 cell
Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time is displayed in two parts A B date time dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss How do i get cell A and cell B into one cell with the format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss and then I can just minus 13 hours. any ideas please. =SUM(A2,B2,-13/24) and format the cell as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time >is displayed in two parts >A B >date time >dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss > >How do i get cell A and c...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

How to change a Macro based on content of a cell
Hi, I need to import a text file into a spreadsheet. I can do this manually by doing File > Open > then select a text file. Then Excel goes through the Text Import Wizard I can automate this by recording a Macro in Excel. The macro looks like this (Excell wrote that for me, I did not): Sub Macro1() Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="C:\DrillData\" + "MOR701.pck", Origin:=xlMSDOS, _ StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), Array(12 _ , 1), Array(26, 1), Array(37, 1)), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True End Sub How can I change ...

how to sort cells with sheet reference
i an unable to sort the data in cells containing a reference to anothe sheet. it seems as though excel is treating this reference as absolut and not relative. is there any way to do this, such that thes equations adjust to the sorting? any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks -- vba_neophyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vba_neophyte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37804 one way would be to copy and paste specail values only - a...

Excell Cells: Auto Formatting
I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row and it wont extend. What can I do? When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row > and it wont extend. What can I do? How do I jus...

Viewing Outlook 2007 calendar in a "stacked" view?
I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view, so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath): Monday Thursday Tuesday Friday Wednesday Sat/Sun I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option? Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns? That view is gone in 2007 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au Ou...

range to cell
Hello, I am writing a program. I have a excel range object. And I want to point another cell at this range. how can I do that? On the range there is column = 4 row = 3. but I cannot just say =4,3 or something like that? don't you need =D3? why is the column D and not 4? strange =sheets("Sheet1").range("D4") or =sheets("Sheet1").cells(3, 4) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "greg" wrote: > Hello, > I am writing a program. > I have a excel range object. > And I want to point another cell at this range. > how can I do that? > On the ran...

if the cell value exceeds the limit to have a dialog box appear
Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box would appear? Thanks for any assistance. Dave Check Data Validation: Select the cells Data>Data Validation Allow: (check out the number options: whole number, decimal, etc) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Dschro" wrote: > Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box > would appear? > > Thanks for any assistance. > > Dave > Ron, Here's the scenario -- on an Expense Report: If an employee was to fill in any amount in the &...

Calculating days and dates
I need to calculate the number of working days (ie Monday to Friday) from the date entered in cell D4 (22/07/2005). This needs to update each day in cell E4. I can do this not based on working days, by entering =DATEDIF(D4,TODAY(),"d") but where in the formula do I reference it to working days or network days? HELP! -- HDV ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HDV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26299 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395788 You can use the ...

searching for questions by login name
How can I search for all the questions that specifically I submitted? I tried to use my display name and nothing returned. "GailH" <GailH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:830E4922-7352-4C30-8844-4EF72B0BD9C7@microsoft.com... > How can I search for all the questions that specifically I submitted? I > tried > to use my display name and nothing returned. Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news reader instead. Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups http://www.michaelsteve...

Publisher 2003
Hi, I'm trying to create a membershipcard with publisher. I used a mail merge to create all the cards with different names and picuters. On the screen everything looks fine. I want to have multiple cards on one page with a total of eight per page. When looking at the print preview every card shows the same name. I read about the bug with the preview so I printed some pages. Now I get a page full of cards with the same name and then a page with the second name in all the cards and so on. What am I doing wrong? Maarten Maarten <rijt@dse.nl> was very recently heard to utter: ...

Remotely Viewing Outlook Profiles
I ran into a scenario where knowing the Outlook Profile configuration was useful, ensuring the customer did not have a POP3 configuration for their account in addition to their Exchange account (there by generating duplicate emails). After some research I found that it is possible to review a section of the customer's registry for all the stored profile information. The location in the registry on the customer's machine: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles When accessing this section remotely it will be in the form/path...

Excel cell display
I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I make that happen? Would Insert> Comment work for you? "slantt" wrote: > I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I > make that happen? Yes, thanks - I found that after I posted of course (newbie to Excel). I was looking to see if there was a macro I could gen to do the same thing... "ufo_pilot" wrote: > Would > Insert> Comment > work for you? > > > "slantt" wrote: > > > I want a text box...

Outlook 2003 calendar Views strange
Hello, I have an issue with the view that a client gets in his calendar. He gets a sort of Tasks View. Instead of the dates by day/week/month view like normal. I've tried re-installing, giving him a new profile and playing with the settings but nothing. I finally got the view back by adding another shared calendar to his view, clicking on that which brought back the normal view then clicking on his which brought both of them up in the normal view side by side then closeing the shared calendar leaving his as normal. I thought I'd got it but as soon as you click onto mail or a...

Saving Calendar As Web Page
I'm having a problem saving a calendar as a web page to my web server. The first time I do try to save a calendar as HTML into a folder on my web server, it works fine. If I go back and make changes and try to save it again into the same folder, I get an "operation failed". If I delete all of the items in the folder and then try to save as, it works fine. Is there a way around this so that I don't have to erase the files each time? Thanks, Glenn ...

Printing calendar in report
I am looking at how to print a calendar in a report. I am needing an one year calendar which I can do with by inserting 12 calendar controls and updating the month and year, etc. Is there a way to streamline this operation? 2 other questions concerning the calendar. Is there a way to shorten the DayLength to where only the first letter of the day shows? (ie. S M T W T F S). To get the whole year on the page it needs to be fairly small and the SUN, MON, TUE, etc. all runs together. Jeff On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 02:12:44 GMT, "prairiewind" <u33121@uwe> wrote: >I am looking...

Smartlist is returning data from wrong company view
I created a Sql view in a company database and then created a Smartlist. I then copied and pasted the select statement from that view to my other companies and named the view the same. When I execute within Sql, I get accurate data for each company. When I run my Smartlist, the data returned is from the original company no matter what company I am logged in to. In Smartlist Builder, I tried checkmarking "use company database" but it doesn't save. This is 9.0 w/SP3 and I am logged in as 'sa' Hi Mes, When you go into each of the companies for the first time with t...

unlock frozen cells
I opened excell program to add data but it is locked. I can't add nor delete data. None of the functions work. It opens, but is locked. Help It might be that you have a 'Freeze Panes' issue. To unfreeze the windows... In 2003 - WINDOWS > UNFREEZE PANES in 2007 + VIEW > WINDOWS > UNFREEZE PANES -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Windows 7" wrote: > I opened excell program to add data but it is locked. I can't add nor delete > data. None of t...

formatting cells #3
Is there a global format that will change the same cell on multiple sheets within the same worksheet, simultaneously? If you select a group of sheets - e.g, select the leftmost sheet tab, hold down shift and click the rightmost tab - any changes you make in one sheet gets made in all of them, including formatting. Right-click a selected tab and choose "Ungroup sheets" before performing operations that you want to pertain to one sheet only. In article <2d64701c469c1$2e8ddc30$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "C.C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is...

Service calendars in a way similar to Outlook. Not verticle slide
We would like to have a way to view each user's calendars similarly to the Outlook calendar or the calendar under "My Work" in CRM. This is how our users are used to looking at calendars and the verticle slide is hard for them to read to get an overview of an entire month for a particular user. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...