Data vanished, Large file seems empty

I opened Outlook this AM and it was as if I had never used
it. My created folders were gone, only the default folders
were there and they all were empty. I tried to open the
proper .pst file and found one with 91,360kb, but whether
I try to open it through Outlook/File/Open or simply
double-click the file from Windows Explorer I get the same
results: ghost-town Outlook, empty folders, etc., like I'd
never been there before.
0
zaphnath8 (1)

Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against your .PST file to see if it finds
any errors.  Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:020601c3cd98$20eb23f0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Doug Parris wrote:

> I opened Outlook this AM and it was as if I had never used
> it. My created folders were gone, only the default folders
> were there and they all were empty. I tried to open the
> proper .pst file and found one with 91,360kb, but whether
> I try to open it through Outlook/File/Open or simply
> double-click the file from Windows Explorer I get the same
> results: ghost-town Outlook, empty folders, etc., like I'd
> never been there before.

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Empty calendar dates bold...?
Hi I'm using Outlook 2002 (and ActiveSynch) and have noticed that several of the past dates in the little calendar date picker are bold even though there are no appointments or anything on that day. Any idea why, or how to fix it? Cheers Jerry how far 'past' ? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

How to transfer Outlook files to new user installation or file server?
I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login. I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account details. Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as well? The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over. It appears that they are not stored with the...

Select multiple files error.
I want to select multi files using CFileDialog: CFileDialog FileDlg (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT ); TCHAR strBuffer[4096]; FileDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = strBuffer; FileDlg.m_ofn.nMaxFile =sizeof(strBuffer); if (FileDlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { CString csFname; CStringArray m_strArray; m_strArray.SetSize(0); POSITION pos = FileDlg.GetStartPosition(); while (pos != NULL) { csFname = FileDlg.GetNextPathName(pos); TRACE("%s\n", csFname); m_strArray.Add(csFname); m_CListBox_ListBox.AddString(csFname.GetBuffer()); } } The error is that FileDlg.DoModal()...

Counting frequency in unsorted data
hi...I'm looking for a function that will count frequency using multiple variables in an unsorted data set using two variables. I can get the information that I need by sorting the data and then using Data->Autofilter and using the countif function ti isolate the variables individual. However, this is problematic if the data gets re-sorted. Data example A B C XA GM 125 XC BA 34 XA GM 23 XC NY 19 XA GM (blank) I'm looking to count the number of occurrences of XA where the value of GM i...

"cannot empty clipboard" error message.
Hello all, Any time I do copy and paste in Excel, I get error message saying "cannot empty clipboard" but it still does the copying and pasting. How do I make this error go away? Thanks. Chip Pearson has a page on this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "fenisol3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bf3101c42179$1316fe9...

Linking a .hlp file to my MFC Application
I have created a help system (.hlp file) for my mfc application using RoboHelp. I would like to call this help system from my application when I click on a button for example. I have tried to open the help system using: WinExec("MyApp.hlp",SW_SHOW"); but this does not do anything. Any idea ? TIA -- Fabrice >I have created a help system (.hlp file) for my mfc application using >RoboHelp. I would like to call this help system from my application when I >click on a button for example. I have tried to open the help system using: >WinExec("MyApp.hlp",SW_...

Viewing earlier files on Publisher 2000
I have Publisher 2000 and want to work on files created on the previous version but the message comes saying the files cannot be opened. If there is a way to do this I would be most appreciative of help. Thanks, Some time ago Microsoft created a security update that made it impossible to open very early versions of Publisher files. I can open Publisher 95 files with 2000. What version Publisher did you use to create the files? Are you getting an error message? Description of the security update for Publisher 2003: September 12, 2006 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894542/en-us -- Ma...

importing oe6.0 files into outlook2003
I just purchased outlook 2003 and when I tried to load my old personal folders from outlook express I get this error: The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close it and try again. The old personal folders are .dbx and I need to convert them to .pst. Has anyone come across this problem? On Sat, 1 May 2004 09:54:14 -0700, "matt" <matt_windermere@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just purchased outlook 2003 and when I tried to load my >old personal folders from outlook express I get this >error: > >The mail folder co...

Hyperlinks and sorting data
I have two sheets in my Excel 2003 workbook. On both sheets column A contains a hyperlink in each cell that will jump to the next sheet of that same cell. For example, if the user clicks on A3 of sheet 1 the hyperlink will take them to sheet 2 cell A3. Sheet 2 is set up the same way with hyperlinks. The problem I ran into is if I sort the data - columns A thru D, on sheet 1 - the hyperlinks won't work on sheet 2 because the cell reference changes on sheet 1 when I sort the data. Is it possible to create a hyperlink or something in Excel that matches text and will jump back and ...

file does not open
Whenever I select an excel spreadsheet from a folder or disk, excel launches but the file never opens. I have done detect and repair, reinstalled and this still continues to happen. How do I fix it? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Fra...

Excel file locked by user/process problem
Hi all, I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network. The las person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properl and everything was fine. However, today, Excel keeps saying that he' in it. I've asked him to reboot his computer. I've searched fo temporary files in the folder where the file resides. Still couldn' find anything. I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't le me because it says "The file is in use." I don't care who's using i now. I just want to terminate the process and delete the file. I was going t...

File grows
Good morning. I have a spreadsheet which I use for today, then "Save As" for tomorrow, clear out all of the data that is not relevant, change the file name, and start over tomorrow. However, every time I do this, the file grows by 3 or 4 KB. After a couple of weeks, the file starts running slow, and I have to start over. The file should stay about the same size, but it doesn't. Any suggestions on what to check to see why this is happening? Thanks for any help. -- Howard Even though you are clearing unneeded data out of cells, Excel may still be retainin...

Export Data from B-Trieve to EXCEL
I am upgrading Great Plains from 4.0 to version 9.0. The current data is in B-Trieve version. Is there any way that instead of Migrating data from B-Trieve to SQL, I export data from B-Trieve to Excel and then import it in SQL via integration manager. Any help in exporting the data from B-Trieve to Excel would be highly appreicated. Thanks It's possible to export from Btrieve to Excel. GP used to provide a DDF creator that would enable you to create the five DDF files that would give you access to your data via ODBC. But, are you planning on exporting each file to Excel and then...

Shared .pst file for calendar sharing
Is there a way to share out a .pst file in Outlook XP? Our environment uses .pst files saved locally to store email. There is a salesman in our company that uses a PDA to synchronize changes made to his calendar on PDA to his laptop calendar in Outlook XP. The changes are saved to his .pst file. I need to give another user access to this calendar to be able to view and edit his schedule. Is this a possibility? You cannot share a PST file for multiple users at once. See here for some alternative options: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook M...

Get attribute from Xml file
I'm looking to get noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute from the following Xml file. Whats the most efficient way to do this using the XmlDocument class in c#? <?xml version="1.0"?> <IPDRDoc xmlns="http://www.ipdr.org/namespaces/ipdr" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="email.xsd" docId="d0af6d45-00f8-5000-f930-01760a250156" creationTime="2003-11-12T16:04:07.046Z" IPDRRecorderInfo="IPDRDocTest" version="3.1"> <IPDR xsi:type="IPDR-EMAIL-Type&q...

Rename Exchange Database file
Could anybody show me the safe way to rename exchange database file: priv1.edb to priv2.edb ? Thank you. I want to rename it because I was reading an article that says that I can have problem restoring exchange if the two databases .edb and .stm have the same name, backed up and restored at the same time. Thank you I would not bother about renaming them, and I cannot understand why you would have problems. -- Mark Fugatt "Thuan Pham" <thuanp@advancedcableties.com> wrote in message news:17a501c48c68$ed6f5380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could anybody show me the safe way t...

Chart data from text file
I have my x- and y- values as tab-separated values in a text file. There are many different files, so it is too cubersome to open them all convert them all to Excel. Is there any way I can create a chart that reads its data from a text file? On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, hmm <hmm@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have my x- and y- values as tab-separated values in a text file. There are >many different files, so it is too cubersome to open them all convert them >all to Excel. > >Is there any way I can create a chart that reads its data fr...

New Bank Data Download to Money 2002
OK, I still have Money 2002. When MS Passport went away, so did my ability to pull data from within Money. However, I could go to my institutions, select download transactions to Money format, and they would import right into Money. My bank, Chevy Chase, just changed ownership to Capital One. Their new web site only downloads an Excel comma delimited spreadsheet, rather than going straight to Money. Is there any way I can pull a set of transactions over a date range directly? In microsoft.public.money, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote: >OK, I still have Money 2002. When MS Pass...

Overwriting the AVI file header
Hi I need to overwrite the AVI File header since it is corrupted file so how can i do this with MFC Thanks in Advance You could open the file using CFile and write to it like you would any other file. So far as I know there is nothing specific in MFC to handle AVI file creation. I found this article that might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Copy_a_period_of_AVI_chun.asp Tom <meettopravin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150366506.134444.80180@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I need to overwrite the AVI File header since it is corrupted file > s...

Daily Importing of External Data using Web Query
Every month I create a spreadsheet from a template by creating one ta for each day of the month named after day of the month/year (010104). then maually enter a Web Query on each tab which downloads dail weather information for an insect life cycle model. This is a very time consuming and tedious task because the onl difference in the links is the expression "20040101" (for January 01 2004) to "20040102" (for January 02,2004) INCLUDED IN THE LINK. Is it possible to use a macro (VBA code) to enter the Web Query addres in cell A1 on each tab when the workbook is created an...

collect data from the same row in multiple spreadsheets
I have 140 employees with a separate workbook for each.The workbooks contains their by-weekly timesheets. Each workbook has 26 sheets (one for each pay period). I need to start a workbook that will contain the total line for each employee (line 37). For instance, The first sheet in each workbook in named "july 3". I need to collect line 37 from each July 3 sheet (total 140 lines) and have them show in the new workbook on the "july 3" sheet. I have to do this 26 times to complete the new workbook. Does anyone know of a shortcut? Hi Jeannine > of a shortcut? ...

printing to file
I am attempting to convert only a portion of our Excel 2000 document to Adobe PDF format for secure viewing by outside parties. This however seems challenging to do when this component of the document is a hidden worksheet (due to shared use among many users) and is generated as a printable form through visual basic. Since I am able to view this printable form in "print preview" mode, can the "print preview - print to file" option be used to create a file type compatible for Adobe conversion? Or does the "print to file" function not allow that flexibi...

Compress Excel file after export
I have a database where the user clicks a button and it exports the 8 tables to an excel file. I've noticed that after the file is exported, the excel file is bloated, but if i open the excel file and resave it, the file size reduce by about half. Is there some VB code I could use to programmatically compress the excel file after export? Another solution would be for me to export the tables to a csv file, but after the export, I want the users to email the file to me and I don't want them to have to attach 8 csv files to an email. But if there was a way to zip the 8 files together ...

Sizes for OST files different for same mailbox?
I have someone asking me about OST files, and I have been able to answer = most questions. However, it appears the OST file on the laptop is about = a third the size of the OST file on his desktop computer even though = there doesn't appear to be any data missing. Does this discrepency in size indicate some problem or is there a basic = explanation? carl Was the ost on the laptop created after the desktop? As items are deleted from the mailbox, the mailbox may shrink by not necessarily the ost. On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:32:17 -0800, "Vagabond Software" <carlfenley-X-@-X-san....