Data file not closed properly

Everytime our users have Outlook open then close it
(properly), but need to get back into it immediately, they
receive this message.

"The date file 'personal folder' was not closed properly."
"This file is being checked for problems"

This message started appearing about a week ago.  I can't
find any information about it or what's the real cause.
Is it because of SP3 for Office?  Does anyone have a clue??

Please help...

0
anonymous (74722)

Excel files won;t open
New issue with my laptop that suddenly appeared out of nowhere (no changes have been made to my laptop). When I am in explore and I open a file (double click) Excel opens but the file does not. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. (unregserver is not always needed) 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"...

Message box warning of missing data
Hi, When a user inputs data (numbers) into cells in column D, they should include a three digit prefix before the numbers. I would like a message box to pop up if they fail to do this and delete what they have put in the cell thus forcing them to try again. For example 09/123 would be rejected but SUM09/123 would be ok. Thanks in advance. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet tab and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to the right blank portion. Get back to to workbook and tr...

How can I update the data listed in the combo box to show the most
I have a Database where tables are linked back to the master data tables. The main entry/edit form has a section (as shown) the new Carer record is entered using a separate form then the detail is called from the main form using a combo box. My problem is that the newly entered Carer data does not appear in the list of carers. F9 does not work, closing and re-opening the main form does not work. When I check the item is listed in the Carer table. My question is how can I update the data listed in the combo box to show the most recent record. I would be really grate...

Get .ico file from HICON
Hi, How can I get a .ico file from an HICON ? Yoav. I think you can't. Because there is no file paht date in HICON. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> д����Ϣ����:OMQhZojvIHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How can I get a .ico file from an HICON ? > > Yoav. > Can I create a new .ico file from a given HICON ? "fiveight" <fiveight@tom.com> wrote in message news:%23qPIG6jvIHA.3384@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I think you can't. Because there is no file paht date in HICON. > > "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> >...

Unable to automatic close Outlook
After installing CRM Outlook client on laptop it isn't possible to close pc. This funtionality closes all open programs and shut down computer. After CRM is installed Outlook needs to be closed manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Sharing user data on home, office and Powerbook computers
I have Office X on several different computers and would like to keep all my user data the same on each of them. Is there an easy way to keep them all in sync? Most important to me is the info in Entourage (addresses, calandar and to do lists) but, it would be great to keep the documents in sync too. If anyone can help, I would surely be thankful. On 9/13/03 10:18 AM, in article d02bc51f.0309130918.3d036d7c@posting.google.com, "Clayton Townsend" <claytontownsend@earthlink.net> wrote: > I have Office X on several different computers and would like to keep > all my user d...

Importing Data From Excel
I have been trying to import transactions I entered into excel, but I have been unsuccessful. Can anyone provide me with some suggestions on how I can import the transactions from excel into Money 05 Small Business See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0A1DB45-03AD-462D-8D80-5453DD8F094B@microsoft.com... >I have been trying to import transactions I entered into excel, but I have > been unsuccessful. Can anyone provide me with some suggestions on how I > can > import the transactions from excel int...

chart type affecting data order
When I change the chart type from bar to line (for example), it changes the order that the data is displayed in the data table. How do I keep data in the data table in the same order that I entered it? You would have to use an alternative to a data table. Make a table in the worksheet, where you have much finer control over what appears, where it appears, and how it appears (formats). Then either situate the chart close to this table, or use the camera tool to paste a dynamic picture of the table one or near the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custo...

Chart Data Won't Display
Hello, I've inherited a line chart. I successfully changed the data range last month by dragging the outline box. This month, though, I can drag the outline box, but in the chart, the value won't show up. Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks! ...

How can I get notified whenever a certain excel file is updated (.
I need to receive a notification whenever one certain excel file is updated (by anyone) on our local area network. What are my options to automate this? Hi Ann Maybe you can use this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "AnnL@work" <AnnL@work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8B27CA8-5448-4E66-BB88-7A6B4F415C88@microsoft.com... >I need to receive a notification whenever one certain excel file is updated > (by anyone) on our local area network. What are my options to automate this? ...

quick way to attach multiple files
Is there a way to quickly attach multiple files to an account? Like selecting all files in one directory or multiple select in a directory? -- Thanks, Brian No way - one at a time unfortunately unless you write your own solution ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Brian Hall" <BrianHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09E2156E-4585-492B-A689-9A0D7553A951@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to quickly attach multiple files to an account? Like > selecting > all files in one dir...

how to view changes to data by user?
How do I view changes/updates made to a database by various data-entrier by their names and time of the day? Any info is appreciated! Conie code: AddFieldToTable, AddDateUserToTables --- Hi Connie, Add these fields to every table: UserIDc, long integer -- userID who created record UserIDm, long integer -- userID who modified record DateCreated, date/time -- date/time record was created DateModified, date/time -- date/time record was modified DateCreated can have a default valut --> =Now() and it will get filled automatically each time a record is created UserIDc can ber filled o...

Convert Data to columns heading
Example: Product | Date | Sales ----------------------- A | Jan94 | 200 A | Feb94 | 300 A | Mar94 | 400 A | Apr94 | 500 A | May94 | 600 A | Jun94 | 700 A | Jul94 | 800 A | Aug94 | 200 A | Sep94 | 300 A | Oct94 | 400 A | Nov94 | 500 A | Dec94 | 600 B | Jan94 | 200 B | Feb94 | 300 B | Mar94 | 400 B | Apr94 | 500 B | May94 | 600 B | Jun94 | 700 B | Jul94 | 800 B | Aug94 | 200 B | Sep94 | 300 B | Oct94 | 400 B | Nov94 | 500 B | Dec94 | 600 How can I convert it to: Product | Jan94 | Feb94 | Mar94 | Apr94 | May94| Jun94 | Jul94...... ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Office applications should allow me to remove recent files
When I click the office button in Microsoft Word, the recently opened files are shown. I would like to be able to remove documents from the list, for example by right-clicking on a file name and selecting "remove from this list," as is done for recently run programs in Windows Explorer. There are other people looking for this functionality, as shown by the many workarounds (e.g. editing the registry as documented at http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-powerpoint/ This applies to other Office ...

Link Chart with data cell (cl
This was your questio Hi I want to link all the points in my xychart with the rows of the data that are in the chart. i.e. after a mouseclick on the chart data the user will be redirected to the data row The idea is to create a link to a text cell, situated in the same row as the data, which explains the details to each point Thanks in advance for your help Mattia ...

Outlook 2003, file extension
The file extensions have been stripped from my incoming mail attachments. Is there a fix? It is affection all mail sorces: ie. aol, earthlink, msn, jusno. etc. Hi TCF, maybe this could help, the outlook tuner FREEWARE http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#11 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "TCF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c32e01c47a3b$0fa1d620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The file extensions have been strippe...

How to opening a new file in a new excel program
When I look at a excel file in excel and want to open another excel file, it starts up in the same excel program that I am running. I would like to start it in another excel program (so I can switch with Tab+Alt). Is this posible without starting Excel manualy (from the meny)? I am using Microsft Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Shift+Alt+Tab allows you to tab between all open programs, including all open XL files. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Per" <Per.yknia@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message new...

Backing up pst files on external drive
How can I store old emails on an external drive? close outlook, find the pst and copy it to the drive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Importing data from a text file
I have to import raw data from a text file that Excel cannot break into columns, and the import is unsuccessful. would VBA be a better choice, having it specifically search for data? there are 3 specific types of files and all the files (of the same type) are formatted exactly the same. thanks in advance -- jbaranski ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jbaranski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36862 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566746 Why can't Excel break the ...

Hyperlink Macro to 2,500 PDF files?
Fellow Forum Members, I have 2,500 PDF ebooks on a variety of subjects all contained in one folder named "Ebooks". I already have all the 2,500 ebook titles inside Excel in Column A, Sheet 1. Now I want to hyperlink each title to the actual PDF file and doing this hyperlink operation 2,500 times is something I want to avoid like the plague. Can anyone out there please help me in developing a macro that would do this hyperlink operation automatically 2,500 times? I'm not a macro expert, but is it not possible to make Excel automically go to the same Ebook folder 2,500 times a...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

Quicken Personal 2002 files
Can Money 2004 Standard (International English) convert Quicken Personal/Personal Plus 2002 files (Australia editions) It's not clear if it will or not. Generally converting international editions is more "dicey." -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message news:bfa9g2$v9k$1@austar-news.austar.net.au... > Can Money 2004 Standard (International English) convert Quicken > Personal/Personal Plus 2002 files (Australia edition...

Deleting blank records when aform is closed or a button is click.
We are have a somewhat of an annoying problem with one of our database forms. Everytime we open the form it creates a new record, even if you close the form or cancelled it. We are trying to figure out a way to not create a blank record in our database everytime the form is opened. I tried: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal but the blank record is still showing up. So, is there a way to tell access not to create a record if the form is close or the cancel button is clicked. Thanks "Ayo&qu...

how can i build a three variable data table in excel ?
I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Hi not really sure what you mean with this. Could you give an example? "Solario" wrote: > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Maybe?? dim myTable(1 to 2, 1 to 8, 1 to 17) as variant mytable(1,1,1) = "hi" mytable(1,1,2) = "there" ..... mytable(2,8,17) = "whew! that's a lot of entries" Solario wrote: > > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. -- Dave Peterson ...

Error message when backing up pst file
I have OL 2007 running on Vista - when trying to back up pst file get the following error code:0x80070021 The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. Can anyone explain this please? This is why Microsoft does NOT support the use of pst files over a network......You also run the very considerable risk of corrupting pst files that are accessed over a network. Put the files onto a local drive, and if you need to have them on a network location for daily backing-up then write a script to copy them after Outlook has closed. ...