Customizing the to-do bar 2007

Back in Outlook 2003, I had the to-do bar set up to show a task that I
had completed that day.  It would go gray with a line through it.
With 2007, when I complete a task it disappears.  Anyone know the
proper filter settings that would show only current (not started)
tasks in the to-do bar and then show ones completed just today.
Getting rid of the completed ones tomorrow.

Thanks a lot in advance.

No such setting exists. 2007's To do Bar is nowhere near as customisable as
the TaskPad in 2002 and 2003.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant   www.pragmatix.com.au

..
"The Boom King" <imthecat16@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Back in Outlook 2003, I had the to-do bar set up to show a task that I
> had completed that day.  It would go gray with a line through it.
> With 2007, when I complete a task it disappears.  Anyone know the
> proper filter settings that would show only current (not started)
> tasks in the to-do bar and then show ones completed just today.
> Getting rid of the completed ones tomorrow.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

0
Judy

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Outlook 2007 and MS Word
I upgraded to Outlook 2007 while I still have MS Word 2003 on my computer. A weird thing is happening. When I load Outlok, MS Word loads too. It doesn't have toolbars or a sheet, it's just the shell. It happens everytime I run Outook. If I go to Tasks and terminate the Word process, Outlook shuts down too. Any ideas how to solve that? Thanks Outlook 2007 uses a cut down version of Word (actually a speciall .dll) = and does not use the full Word program (any Word version). --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Al...

excel 2007-delete a list
I have created a list and i would like to delete it. Can someone tell me how to delete the list regards fred Evans -- -- Would'nt it be nice if:- Computers,printers,modems,consoles etc had a built-in compartment or tray in which to keep all the books and software for that piece of equipment ??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Fred Evans" <fred@polyflexseals.co.za> wrote in message news:8f-dnXaJObiuSvHVnZ2dnUVZ8vqdnZ2d@saix.net... >I have created a list and i would like to delete it. > > Can someone tell me h...

Deleting Multiple Transactions in Money 2007
I have Money set up with my categories all laid out. And I like to keep the transactions for one year separate from the rest. So at the end of each year, I make a duplicate copy of my Money database, then delete all the transactions, reset the starting balances as appropriate, and start over. But it's tedious as hell deleting all the transactions one at a time. Hard on my computer keyboard too. Has anybody discovered a way to select and delete lots of transactions simultaneously? Thanks. ddc In microsoft.public.money, DeeDeeCee wrote: >I have Money set up with my categories al...

Office 2007 Desktop all in one icon
how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? "Alice" <sweetalice79@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE9EE1A2-E398-496E-9CA5-F10E1946791E@microsoft.com... > > how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? you cant it isnt in msofice 2007 so theres nothing to restore http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 i thaught ther was a icon that u cold click and open any the programs. i know how to find out im gona uninstall and reinstall it. ill let u know how it goes alice ...

Outlook 2007: Disable Instant Search
I keep getting notified when I launch Outlook 2007 to download a program to enable instant search. Is there a way to disable this? See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1148958039.306539.254390@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I keep g...

Warning when saving XML Spreadsheet 2003 with Excel 2007
I'm using Excel 2007 to edit an XML Spreadsheet 2003 file. Every time I save the file it pops up a warning dialog saying that some features may not be supported. I know I'm not using any features that the XML Spreadsheet doesn't support so is there any way to disable the warning? It's very annoying. And would be even more annoying if the saved the file only to find some features had been lost The computer is a tool ; users have to do the work best wishes Bernard "Ken Paulson" <ken@drunkenhyena.com> wrote in message news:uO0QlBgoKHA.404...

Not able to open .pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi, I am trying to open Outlook 2003 .pst file in Office 2007. However, it is giving me this error: Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Pls help. ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford How are you trying to open the PST file? Run Outlook 2007 then use File | Open ..... -- Bill R MVP "Shilps" <shilpi_sri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FBE11110-4F8A-4926-9020-F222ADAEDD63@microsoft.com... &...

chart "sized with window" in office 2007
Hey for every chart i ever created I set the sized with window option. Hate have pointless grey borders above and below my chart... think this is real popular. Where has this feature gone in the dreaded Ribbon?????? HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE You can't set a chart in 2007 to be sized with window. It has been removed from Excel. Yeah, I m...

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

How do I alter the number of bar series in a combination chart?
The default combination chart had 4 bar series and 3 line series. I would like to have 5 bar series and 2 line series. Next time, don't bother with one of the built-in custom types, just start with a column chart, then one by one select the series you want to change, and use Chart Type from the Chart menu to change it. This time, just select the series to change, and use Chart Type from the Chart menu to change it. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ rjs wrote: > The default ...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

Excel Charts in 2007
I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix Hi, I'm not clear on this one - if a series is blank it doesn't display. Why don't you show us sample data and tell us what you get with that data and what you want to get. Also the chart type. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Raiju" wrote: > I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix ...

DPM 2007, protection report shows 57% and 37% long term-not accura
i'm puzzled by the protection reports we've been getting.. they used to say 110% or 100% etc for percentage avalable.. Now its more like 57 short term and 37 long term, but this makes no sense, because when i look at the protection group status, all the points are green and up to date.. and when the tape runs, there are no errors and it succeeds with 4 tapes consumed (800GBx4).. our size of data is roughly 2500GB.. Any ideas why it would report this? I need an accurate report for quality assurance iso type details, otherwise i have to explain the report itself is u...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

Store customers not syncing with HQ
I have one of my stores that is not syching correctly with HQ. For some reason, any new customers that are added at this one store do not get uploaded to HQ. Anyone else ever have this trouble? All other items are syncing correctly just not the customers. Thanks, Nick Nick, Make sure you have 'New customers default as global customers' checked int he SO Manager-->Configuration-->Options --> Customer Options Rob <nick@realkiteboarding.com> wrote in message news:zkc4e.2439$m_1.1000@fe06.lga... >I have one of my stores that is not syching correctly with HQ. ...

Assign customer to sale after the fact
Is it possible to go back and assign a customer to a transaction which has already been completed? Making changes to the transaction after the fact is sort of questionable - you can set the system up to require a customer selection at the time of sale, which should help to prevent this problem moving forward. The system does not have a feature that does this, but it could be done using SQL. It would also be possible to build an add in that allows this, but I don't know of any that already exist. Check with your reseller for help with this. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting...

Publisher 2007 #23
I am trying to tilt wording on a document in Publisher 2007....... not totally rotated sideways, but only tilted caddycorner........ Can anyone tell me that is do-able... Thanks Click on the text box. Grab the little green circle and rotate it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Titling a Document" <Titling a Document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D9FE705-E3AD-417B-B22D-3500FD4B81AE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to tilt wording on a document in Publisher 2007....... not >...

Customer Phone # Should be Displayed at POS (but isn't)
Once a customer is selected, their address is displayed at the POS -- but their phone number isn't. This a ridiculous omission, IMO. We contact clients by phone 99% of the time, with the other 1% being via email. Please add the display of phone number (& and cell and email!) to the customer info displayed in the POS screen. This kind of omission suggests to me that the software is not being tested in realistic retail conditions. It might technically WORK right, but it's not performing how retailers need. Perhaps a better testing method is needed to get "the retail real...

Custom Formatting #8
How to format into Engineering units instead of scientific units? -- Tony Reflinski Format Custom ##0.0E+0 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Tony Reflinski" <tonyRef@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6ED515EA-7A72-4A36-AD90-B850EF6C1200@microsoft.com... > How to format into Engineering units instead of scientific units? > -- > Tony Reflinski BRILLIANT, Thanks "Niek Otten" wrote: > Format Custom ##0.0E+0 > > -- > > Kind Regards, > > Niek Otten > > Microsoft MVP - Excel > > "Tony Re...

Resize chart (Word 2007) while keeping H/W ratio?
How to resize chart (Word 2007) while keeping H/W ratio? Hi, Hold down the Shift key while sizing from the corners, not the center. Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "Binh" <Binh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A215421E-6D08-49A5-9DBA-9CA6C0A1ED5D@microsoft.com... > How to resize chart (Word 2007) while keeping H/W ratio? ...

Custom menu trouble
I have a custom toolbar that contains the expand all and collapse all icons. The database has a form/subform in datasheet view that I use the expand all/colapse all commands on and it works fine. However, I've imported the toolbar into another database and the icons are disabled in the same form/subform situation and I can't figure out why. What might be the reason for this? Many thanks, Ripper There's a check-box corresponding to custom toolbars and macros that needs to be checked when you carry out the import. Haven't used that in a while, so can't...

Filter custom lookup field according to another field on form
Customising the form for a "Case". In the "Overview" section of the "General" tab there is a "Customer" field which corresponds to the "Account" or "Customer" (company, if you like) associated with the Case. I have added a "Contact" attribute as a Lookup which will associate the "Case" with a particular "Contact" belonging to the "Customer"/"Account" (by creating a relationship in the "Contact" entity, which is then exposed as an attribute in the "Case" form). How...

Best Practices for Development in GP's using Custom Tables
Is there any such document/direction? We write custom solutions for our clients using everything from eConnect, to ..NET etc. Is there a guideline for creating or not creating, custom database tables in GP's productions databases? Cheers, JM ...