customized views disappear

Every so often my customized views for various folders
just disappear.  I've created them by copying the current
view and modifying the copy, but periodically my copies
disappear from the View menu.  It seems to pick on my
Tasks views regularly, while other customized views (e.g.
mail) are fine.  This is an Outlook 2002 w/Exchange
server environment.  Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Access 2007 SP1
Dear all, the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release ************************************************************************************* Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it s...

Custom Outlook 2007 forms to sharepoint
Hello, Can someone please confirm and help with me trying to publish of send a custom outlook 2007 form that i have created to a sharepoint list of even a database? Can this be done and if so is it hard to achieve? Thank you so much in advance! ...

Why are my numbers disappearing in excel yet it totals them?
I have a spreadsheet that I have filled out the individual cells with number. These cells are totaling correctly, however when I open the spreadsheet the individual number I entered are showing blank.... I moved my mouse around in the spreadhsheet and all of a sudden the numbers appeared and then disappeared. Check the font color. The default is black. Also check the cell color. Default is "no fill". If the font color was changed to white, you would only see the content after you select the cell. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! "Donna S...

Customizing menu item names, form names etc.?
Hi all, Is there any way to customize the names of forms - for example if I want to call an "account" a "business partner" and modify it in the menu items and form/view names as well, can I do it? Thanks in advance, -- Anurag ...

menu bar disappeared
Dear all Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back. Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference. TIA -- Jon Manley Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

Keep Pivot Table custom chart type
I'm creating a pivot table custom chart type "Line - Column on 2 Axes". The chart looks great when I create it. The problem is when the user does anything to the chart (filters the data, adds a new flield of data, etc.), the chart changes to where both data series are displayed as bar charts and the second axis is gone. I can't find an event that fires when they modify the chart, so I don't know that I can programatically change it back. Is there a way to keep it from changing in the first place? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Loss of formatting is a known prob...

Importing of customizations is not complete
Hello, I develop on a separate server, the customizations are exported and then imported and published on the production server. Even though I get no error messages not all customizations are loaded in the production CRM! As far as I can judge it concerns relatively "small" modifications such as the modification of the display name of an attribute. I can find the modified display name in the XML file but it doesn’t get loaded! Any ideas? Thanks, Jan ...

Formatting toolbar disappeared: Reposted, no answer
This issue still has not been resolved. The thread seems to have dropped, so I am reposting it. Below are the previous answers: Thanks, -- df ------------------------------------------------------------- Can't use Word as editor, still using Office 2000. Waiting for next version. HTML is the default mail format. New message | Right click on toolbar | No "Formatting" toolbar is listed. "Standard" and "Customize" are the only choices. That is the problem. Why does it not appear on the list? Thanks, -- df "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com&...

viewing photos sent as attachments
I have been sent some photo's as an attachment and am trying to view them using Word 97, each one appears as a frame and image number how do I convert them to a proper photo? Are they doc-files then? You're probably better of viewing them in a photo-editor application -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "greygroob" <greygroob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E497166C-998F-4DD2-80C6-A83CA474F9B2@microsoft.com.....

Printing a range of invoices for 1 customer
Hello, I've been vexed by this a lot over the years, so thought it was time to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. When a customer's account goes overdue, or one day they decide they want to "settle", is there a way to (in one fell swoop) print all the open transactions for that customer? I don't mean just the summary you can get from Receivables Transacting Inqury--Customer. I mean I want to print each open SOP document complete with all the line details (without opening each one, printing, closing, and going to the next one and repeating). Any a...

View query results in MsgBox
I have developed qryQuickLook that brings up rptQuickLook when cmdQuickLook is clicked, everything works great but I would rather see the results (never more than 10 line items) in a MsgBox than have a seperate report window open up. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Dave On Nov 23, 11:00 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: > Why "MsgBox"? You can display the results in a dialog form with a command > button or two. > > -- > Duane Hookom > Microsoft Access MVP > > > > "maces...@gmail.com" wrote: > > I have deve...

View messages by Message Timeline
When working with message views I selected view current view by "Message Timeline" and find the format very useful for keeping chronologic track of events. The question is that from time to time a bar of varying length appears over some of the messages and I'm not sure what it means. At fires I thought it had something to do with the number of message threads but some of the messages with few threads had longer bars than the ones with a good number of threads. Does anyone know what these thing are? That bar generally shows how long you were working on the item in ques...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

Custom scrollbars
Is there way to implement custom drawn scrollbars for standard controls such as treeview and listview? References to code samples would be greatly appreciated. ...

Using custom fonts
Hi, I've been playing with this now for a while and it is starting to anoy me. I create my own font file (*.fnt win3.00 format), but no matter what i try, i cannot get the following font character codes to show... They always show as the "replace char with this char if not found in font set" character, no matter what control i try to use this font with! 0xHEX ( ASCII ) 0x80 (128) 0x82 -> 0x8C (130 -> 140) 0x8E (142) 0x91 -> 0x9C (145 -> 156) 0x9E -> 0x9F (158 ->159) All other font characters show up correctly without problems... Is there somthing i am mis...

Styleref
I am using Word 2003 in a Windows XP Pro environment. I have a document which uses the StyleRef field in the footers to assist the reader when navigating the, rather large, document. On one page, in the middle of a lengthy section, the StyleRef does not show the text referenced. All of the other footers in the section show the text correctly (I am using odd and even pages and they look great), there actually is text on the page using the referenced style (although that shouldn't matter), and there isn't an "empty" or blank spot on the page which has the referenc...

Custom View #3
I have created a custom view that has the items grouped by conversation. My question is; is there a way to filter the view so that it will show only those conversations with a single mail item. To give you a better understanding of what I am after. We have a public folder where questions can be submitted. We are looking for a simply way to identify those questions that have never been responded to. Hence, viewing by conversation and showing only those with a single mail item will be enough to identify those which need to be addressed. ...

Worksheet Menu Bar disappeared
Worksheet Menu Bar on all of my spreadsheets not longer shown on pre-existing worksheets, but does if I create a new one. The option is selected under options, and if I go to Customize/Toolbars, the Worksheet Menu Bar is checked. If I uncheck it, the bar reappears at the bottom of the sheet with the names of my two worksheets, but I am unable to retain the setting. A search on this site recommended entering "Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True" on a VB screen that I had no idea that existed. I hit the enter key, the menu on top expanded, but not the Worksheet Menu Ba...

Reset customization
Is there a way to reset all customizations made in Microsoft CRM to the default values without having to reinstall the system? A lot of people at my company have tried to customize the system and now it's a mess. The main concern is that 'contacts' now has attributes for an internal employee, not a contact at a customer (as we would like it to be). Hi Johan, I am afraid there is no such functionality as reset. Its always a good idea to take a backup by exporting the customization before doing further customization. You need to import a fresh CRM's customization to your...

Custom Properties Pop Up????
Is there any way to have the Custom Properties Windows, or the infor contained in it, pop up when you click on a device? We have a Visio Drawing of our Server Racks and it would be nice if we had a feature that if you wanted info on a certain Server, all you have to do is click on it or move your mouse over it and it would automatically display the Properties? Thanks for any help! Open the shapesheet of your shape go to the event section and in the cell "EventDblClick" put the formula DOCMD(1312). It will open the custom property dialog of the shape. <ned4spd8874@gmail.com&g...

calendar views
Outlook is stuck on recurring events. I feel like someone has tinkered with my computer. I am unable to return to the day/wee/month view. Help, please. What version of Outlook? Is it your main calendar folder? If you don't use many custom views, you can restart Outlook using the cleanviews switch, but it will wipe out all custom views you have. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm if you need help using cleanviews. If you have a lot of custom views, you might be able to get out of it by switching to another calendar and back. -- Diane Poremsky [...

[$-409] in Custom Number Formats
Hello All, I've seen [$-409] in some number formats and I was looking through the help files to see if I could find out what it means. I couldn't find anything on it. I've also seen [$-F800]. Does anyone know what these codes are for or where I can find info telling me what they are for and any others that can be used? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly This was covered in the Daily Dose of Excel blog about a month ago: http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2006/02/27/months-of-the-world/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Techn...

Where does it store data from Sales Customer Detail Entry?
When you update the shipping method on the Sales Customer Detail Entry Screen and click the OK button it does not seem to actually save the new shipping method to the sop header table until you click the save button of the sop_entry screen. (Sales Tranasaction Entry Screen) Yet when I click on the expansion button again to re-open the Sales Customer Detail Entry Screen the shipping method shows the updated value. I ran a SQL Profiler trace and it does not look like the OK button of the Sales Customer Detail Entry is saving the shipping method to a table. Where does it save this information b...

Customize reports 07-22-04
Hi, I need to customize a report or create a new report. I try to install Crystal Report Enhanced version on the CRM Server computer but I get an error message. With Crystal Report Enhanced I can to development new reports? Thanks in advance Carlos no, thats just a module so that when you use Crystal Reports it can properly connect to CRM -Gary "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255501c47022$6ed9c120$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > I need to customize a report or create a new report. > > I try to install Crystal Rep...

Work Week View in OWA 2003?
Does anyone have a solution for adding the Work Week View (5 Days Button) in Outlook Web Access 2003? Currently the manual way to do it is select all 5 days in the week while holding down the Ctrl key - it would be nicer to have a button like in Outlook 2003. TIA Hi Unfortunatly this is not a feature in OWA 2003, and there are no customizations/modifications or 3rd pary products to give us this feature. I am hopeing it will be a feature in Exchange 12. Regards -- Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2003 Server & Exchange 2003 Admin & Design) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Re...