Customize Outlook Today #25

Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens.
I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not
correct the problem.
0
anonymous (74722)

I'm experiencing the same problem.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/5/2003 3:13:47 AM
The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue.

OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update
813489 for Internet Explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:0ca601c3baca$2c137a60$a001280a@phx.gbl,
George S. wrote:

> Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens.
> I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not
> correct the problem.

Outlook 2000 w/XP OS won't send
I have suddenly lost the ability to send email since the end of last week. I am receiving emails just fine, but cannot send email. I was getting a timeout error from the SMTP server with error #0x800ccc19 all weekend. Now, I am getting an Unable to connect to the server error #0x800ccc0e. I have removed ZoneAlarm, SpyBot and disabled email incoming and outgoing scanning on Norton AntiVirus. I have checked with my ISP and everything is fine on their end. Nothing has helped. Does anyone have an answer? I have found a few postings since Feb 12 where others are having the same pr...

Outlook Web Access Timeout Problem
Is anyone aware of the OWA timeout not working as documented? As I understand, if you select 'Private Computer' the timeout is 24 hours and this seems to be the case when I personally test it. I have an irate user who states that he has lost important info twice because even though he picked 'Private' -- it times him out. Is there a product on his home computer that could be interferring? I have had other users tell me they have had this problem as well. Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated. We have Exchange 2003 - SP1. I know I can alter the behaviour, but I...

Outlook 2002
I'm using Outlook 2002 SP3 with only a single POP3 account and have been experiencing the "receive duplicate emails" problem that so many others have described. I've read through the 5 KB articles on this problem, but none seem to help in my situation. Only a few of the messages sitting on the server are retrieved more than once, not all of them. I have applied SP3, have only *one* account setup, and have made sure that no connection problems exist. I *do* use the "Leave a copy of messages on server" option with the "Remove from server when Deleted Item is ...

How to remove the Outlook access warning for sending email with other programs.
Hello, I have a client that would like to send purchase orders through Outlook / Exchange Server. The program is to send an email to each of the vendors with an attached purchase order. I have all the code working but when the program tries to send the email, a pop up warning says "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?"..with the option of yes or no after a certain period of time. It would be fine if this popped up once before sending the emails, but it pops up for each of the 15-30 emails that are being sent. Is the...

which free yahoo mail proxy works for Outlook 2003 best?
Hi all, My goal is to use Outlook 2003 as my ultimate email client for all my webmail accounts. I hate wasting time on web mail reading and writing... I did a search, there are different kinds of webmail proxy for email clients... which one is the best? I don't want to install all these on my PC... so I guess recommendation via word of mouth is what I needed... a.. YahooPOPs: Open source Yahoo! Mail proxy program for Windows, Mac, and Linux. a.. YoSucker: Open source Yahoo! Mail proxy program written in Perl. a.. Blue HttpMail: Open source C++ library. a.. hotwayd: Open source Ho...

MS Office: Outlook XP
I had a trial version of Office 2003 installed on my HP computer. I recently deleted it b/c the trial ran out and I then installed Office XP (Professional) from CD-ROM that I had from a Dell PC I own. When I try to send/receive in Outlook, it says "Operation Failed" and does not provide any additional information. I have reason to believe this is because the trial version of 2003 left residual coding such that it won't allow the Office XP Outlook that I istalled to function properly. Any ideas on whether that's the case or what I can do to fix this problem. Ple...

migrate Lotus Notes personnal address book to MS Outlook
Hi Anyone have any idea where to download a free tools to perform it thanks gbkhor <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote: > Anyone have any idea where to download a free tools to perform it They may already be present on your system. Does Lotus Notes have an export feature? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Hi Brian Yes, but Lotus notes only provide few export format, i had tested CSV format, but u r required to perform manual mapping. I have few hundred of user required this function, so it will not efficient to perform in this way thanks "Brian Tillman" <tillman195...

Numeric sign placement in custom format
I would like to format some cells with the text prefix "X = ". I've done this many times in the past with no problems, but apparently never had any negative numbers. The custom format string I am using is ["x = "0.000]. For positive numbers, it works fine. But for negative numbers, the "-" sign is placed before the "x": -x = 3.45 instead of before the number x = -3.45 Can someone help me fix this? "Jennifer Murphy" <JenMurphy@jm.invalid> wrote: > The custom format string I am using is ["x = "0.000]. > For ...

How can I create custom page size for tractor-feed forms? (2007)
I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at our library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the tractor-feed forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? Jhall@myglnc.com "RunningRonnie" <RunningRonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:553F4C4B-AF9E-4911-8385-2D6D9DA8B683@microsoft.com... >I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at >our > library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the > tractor-feed > forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? ...

outlook express #148
Is it possible to recover deleted email messages in outlook express? Any help would be greatly appreciated. "Jeff McIsaac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ab01c3e9a9$c3507280$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to recover deleted email messages in > outlook express? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you've emptied the Trash folder, I would say impossible unless you have a backup. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program d...

Outlook XP error message "account name already being used"
I can't exit from the "more settings" window under "tools and then "e-mail accounts" without getting the following error message: "The account name is already being used. Please choose another selection." Anyone know what the problem is? The same mail account name should be able to be used for more than one e-mail address, Ironically enough this name is only being used on the account I'm playing with. I suspect that that particular mail profile is corrupt and needs to be deleted, readded, and relinked to the pst file. ...

outlook 2007 #47
I created a new message recently and when I selected attach item the attachment appeard in the massage body. I thought this looked cool however when I wanted to do it next time I couldnt see how to do it! Does anyone know how or what the implications are? "shinymatt" <shinymatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F32A4B6-CA1C-4C27-9164-6396AB6D8A8F@microsoft.com... >I created a new message recently and when I selected attach item the > attachment appeard in the massage body. > > I thought this looked cool however when I wanted to do it next time ...

Outlook Express 03-08-10
When trying to open email the following shows Windows Security Logon onto pop3.freeserve.com Please verify that both the Username and Password are correct for your mail server UserName: Password: I know both the Username & Password, but it will not accept it, when it does not reconise it, it shows up with this message Account: 'pop3.freeserve.com', Server: 'pop3.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login/password pair', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 C...

Tried to link/set up email accounts. Now Outlook won't open. Help!
When Outlook opens it unsuccessfully tries to link to my email accounts (a series of dialogue boxes open looking for my email exchange server on UCSF). When the program discovers it can't link, it eventually just closes Outlook. Is there a way to delete the previous info about my email accounts, so that I can start, at least, using the calendar function. Thanks! Use the Mail Applet in the control panel "Jason Earle" <Jason Earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A89E438E-665A-4E4A-8BDA-31D7BBE27CEF@microsoft.com... > When Outlook opens it unsuccessf...

Outlook 2002 Lockup
I have an email in my inbox in Outlook 2002. When I left or right click on it Outlook locks up and I have to end task the program. Any way to get rid of/fix this email problem? ...

Outlook 2003 - Calendar
Hello, I am working on Outlook 2003. When I put the calendar on the screen with a 5 working days week, I can right click on the hours and choose to split the hours in 60, 30, 15, 10, 6, or 5 minutes. Is it possible to split them into 20 minutes? If yes how? Also instead of seeing the hours from 03:00am to 11:00pm, I would like to see the hours from 06:00am to 08:00pm. Can we do this? If yes how? Many thanks in advance for your help & regards, Jacques infojacques@gmail.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote: > I am working on Outlook 2003. When I put the calendar on t...

Outlook Networking #2
Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it effects all three. Kevin wrote: > Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with > Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all > synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it > effects all three. Not easily...but see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm ...

Importing Contacts into Exchange (from Outlook and Notes)
I need to import 4000+ contacts into an Exchange 2003 server. Almost all contacts will be imported from Lotus Notes; the rest are from Outlook 2003 (about 50). I attempted to use the csvde utility, but i ran into errors (more than likely because of invalid fields). Not to look back on what I did. I have the 2 csv files (1:outlook 1:lotus notes) needed to import. Just by looking @ the captured data (in both), it appears that there are more columns listed than i need. So I may have to do some editiing to simplify things. What is (in your opinion) the best solution to complete this task? Are t...

SEND TO AS FILE ATTACHMENT does not work unless Outlook is open (2nd post)
I have several computers that cannot use the SEND TO (AS FILE ATTACHMENT) function from within Excel unless they also have Outlook open. The users have a file open in Excel 2003 and they do NOT have Outlook open, they click on SEND TO (AS FILE ATTACHMENT) and they get the correct message window on the screen where they can type in the address of the person to send the message to. It will even connect to their Exchange profile and allow them to verify the recipient's name. When they click send though they get the following two errors: "The action could not be completed." Click...

i can't get outlook to import info from the worksheet it created
I created an Excel worksheet from a contact list in outlook by exporting it. When I add contacts to the same Excel worksheet, outlook won't import the new data. What am I doing wrong? DId you expand the named range on the worksheet to cover the new data?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "oaksie1" <oaksie1@discussions.mic...

Outlook and Symantec Winfax
In trying to create backup for personal folders in Outlook 97, somehow set up so that outlook opens to Symantec Winfax. How to I get back to original folders? Thanks in anticipation Alan ...

Outlook 2003 BCM v2
Hi, I would like two know when we can expect the BCM v2 to be finished, because we have tested the BCM in outlook and it's really nice we like it a lot. But we need Multi-user support because we have several people in the sales department. I heard that Multi-user support would be added in v2. And are we able to use the current BCM v1 and then when we update to v2 we can combine all contacts to a multi-user environment? Regards Martin ...

Custom animation to next slide.
Is there a way that you can automatically advance to the next slide following completion of a custom animation? VBA if necessary. Powerpoint 2007. TIA Chris Question: Does it HAVE to be done in a single slide? IOW, is looking like it does this good enough, or does it actually have to do it? Bill Dilworth "Chris Watts" <ng@ctwatts.plus.com> wrote in message news:e7N$LXEqKHA.5480@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way that you can automatically advance to the next slide > following completion of a custom animation? VBA if necessary. Pow...

Outlook
All received messages disappear when the status changes to "read". I doesn't seem to matter how the change of status occurs. The messages do not go to deleted items or any other folder I can locate. Your view is probably set to "unread messages". Select View > Current View > Messages. They should all become visible again. -Lauri "mack" <mack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE2F52D8-4D6A-4B5A-A77E-5EB1A0F2F484@microsoft.com... > All received messages disappear when the status changes to "read". I > ...

MS outlook #5
I am sending mail through my jsp page in Html format. in which I written JavaScript . Ms outlook is not supporting. Rahamathullah <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sending mail through my jsp page in Html format. in which I > written JavaScript . Ms outlook is not supporting. Define what this means. Do you get errors? Are the messages not delivered? -- Brian Tillman ...