Customise Outlook today #4

Hi,
   I have a rather strange issue i believe with Outlook
2000 as when i click on the "customise outlook today"
button on the outlook today page, it does nothing. If
anyone knows of a cure can they please e-mail me ASAP at
jaymel@nt-tech.com.au as this problem is with a client
and is on a very thin timeframe.

Regards
Jayme Lowe
0
anonymous (74722)

OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update
813489 for Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jayme Lowe asked:

| Hi,
|   I have a rather strange issue i believe with Outlook
| 2000 as when i click on the "customise outlook today"
| button on the outlook today page, it does nothing. If
| anyone knows of a cure can they please e-mail me ASAP at
| jaymel@nt-tech.com.au as this problem is with a client
| and is on a very thin timeframe.
|
| Regards
| Jayme Lowe

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Footer #4
Is there a way to put a footer into page of my 10 page spreadsheet. I just want the footer to appear only on page one. Only possible with VBA Mary Adapt this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header If you need help post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dc101c49a92$ddf35130$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to put a footer into page of my 10 page > spreadsheet. I just want the footer to appear only on > page one. ...

Outlook 2002 on XP
I attempt to open Inbox email with no attachment and okay. I attempt to open Inbox email with attachment and Outlook appears to hang in send/receive mode. I have to use task manager to end app then XP generates the error send report. Then I have to restart PC. Any ideas why this happens? Mahalo, Reid ...

working offline on client outlook
Hi, I wrote a program for the mscrm. Its run fine on the web but I want to run it on the client outlook in offline mode. I don't know how to use the srf files since the mscrmservices directory not exists. I find those files in bin\service folder but how can I get there? Writing http://localhost:2525/service/... is not working. Is it possible? What should I do to make it happen? Thank you for your help, Nurit Hello This question has been asked many times and the answer in real terms is that it cannot be done. Microsoft have given the ability to view customizations when the outlook ...

Outlook 2003 Notification
I have several e-mail addresses. I have a subfolder in Inbox for each e-mail address. I get notification when e-mail arrives in the Inbox. I do not get notification when e-mail arrives in one of the subfolders in Inbox. How can I get notification when e-mail arrives in the subfolders? ...

Outlook 2003 and Yahoo Mail Download
1 Message on Yahoo Server (Forced Migration by AT&T to Yahoo Mail). Setup deletes messages on server after download. Download into Outlook 2003 SP3. Same message appears in my inbox 2 to 8 times. Same date, time, content, message header. After download, message on server is gone. Mostly with Yahoo groups but also from private individuals. Duplicate emails vary from 2 to 8. OS XP Pro SP3 - Outlook 2003 SP3. One primary mail account (originally with Bellsouth - still uses Bellsouth address) one sub-account (same as primary). Different usernames. Both configured to download fro...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

outlook won't close #2
The knowledge center refers to this problem as OL98: Outlook Continues To Run After You Quit Outlook View products that this article applies to. This article was previously published under Q263530. When I close the program, it keeps running. The article says that Microsoft has a fix, but the fix isn't listed or shown as downloadable. It does say I can pay 35 dollars for the fix though! Does anyone have this fix or know where I can get it? If you apply http://download.microsoft.com/download/outlook98/Update/98/WIN98/EN-US/o98Attch.exe, then you would be above the version num...

Outlook HTML signatures, with graphics
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

Unable to complete task in Outlook
Hi When a use tries to complete a task that is tracked to CRM in Outlook it comes with the error: This happens for more users but one have no problems, it's CRM 4.0 rollup 3 and Outlook 2003 "This record is read-only in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Changes will not be synchronized to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM System" /Jack ...

Recover Deleted Items in Outlook 2000
I recently had a user that lost all items in the "Deleted Items" folder and needs to rocover them. I am using Outlook 2000 and wouls appreciate any information on how or where to view these items. Do you use Exchange server? If so, and it's configured for deleted item retention, you can get the items back if they were deleted within that time frame (however long retention is set for). If you don't use Exchange server, or even if you do and you use PST files for delivery (ick), you may be out of luck - but see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm for one pos...

Re: Add email address to outlook
Ben, Thanks for the reply. When I right click on the sender's name I don't have the option to "add sender to address book". Is there a way to add it. I did have that option when I used Outlook Express. thank you ...

blank cells #4
How do I copy and paste...and OMIT blank cells.. Larry Hi Try this: Select the range of data, click Edit>Goto>Special and select Contants; non-blank cells will be selected this way. Next, carry out normal copy and paste procedures. >-----Original Message----- >How do I copy and paste...and OMIT blank cells.. > >Larry >. > ...

accessing address book in Outlook 2002
I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has Outlook 2002 and I want to use this instead of Hotmail to access my mail. I now am able to send and receive messages through Outlook but I cannot access my address book that I had with Hotmail. I need help b/c i have 3 pages of contacts!! You have to use your browser to access the web based address book at Hotmail. Outlook is better used for POP mail. >-----Original Message----- >I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My >ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has...

MS Access 2003 and Outlook 2003/Website
I'm working with someone developing a website for our company, and had some questions. I've read alot of resources and articles on how to integraste these thigns, but can't seem to get to the right spot. What we want to do, is have a webpage, that a customer can access, fill out a small form for RMA requests, then either email that to a specific email address which would be filtered to a folde rin outlook, and then have the Access database look in that folder for new emails and add that info in to the db. I have that part partially figured out, but another option we were ...

Transferring files #4
I have re-installed all my software on a new hard disk. (The old hard disk still installed and working). How do I transfer my diary from my old disk to my new disk please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Hi Bill, maybe this sites could help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/movepst.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:edlvnj$9gr$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... &g...

Outlook 2002 hangs on startup
Hi, Has anyone any idea why I might be experiencing a problem with Outlook 2002, running under Windows XP Home, hanging at startup. In doesn't seem to hang if its the first run up of Outlook after the PC is first started, but always does after the first. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Steve ...

Outlook 2003 rules problem on SBS 2003 server
About a month ago I lost the ability to create any new rules from client PCs running Outlook 2003, where a name from the global address list is being used. All the existing rules with GAL addresses work fine, and I am not getting any error messages, they simply do not work. All the computers are up to date, including the server. All the rules are of this variety: When message arrives from XYZ, file in folder ABC. Where the person who is XYZ is in the global address list. I am running the IMF filter. I did find the foillowing article which outlines my probem, however the solution does no...

microsoft outlook #30
Error Message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. can't get to support indicited on ms site to get patch for this. any ideas. Hi Theresa, these are not enough information to help you, but look at this link, and maybe something helpful is there to solve your problem http://www.google.de/search?q=The+messaging+interface+has+returned+an+&hl=de &ie=UTF-8 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Outlook 2003 #201
Has anyone got a clue on how to get rid of an anoying error message when opening Outlook 2003 that reads: "An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder." I have tried to replace extend.dat, remove it, and rename it. I also have tried to start Outlook in safe mode in the run command. I have used the repair and detect feature in the help m...

synchronization of MS CRM with OUTLOOK
i created many users on MS CRM and i did the synchronization of MS CRM with OUTLOOK for each client but the problem i am facing is whenever i create a CONTACT in outlook,it is visible in MS CRM also but when i am creating a CONTACT in MS CRM then IT IS NOT REFLECTED IN OUTLOOK. i tried a solution for this that synchronization option in tools menu but then also it is giving the error like the user does not have proper privileges. kindly help me for the same. thanks bharat 25 Hi, Review the security settings for contact. This isn't the offline sync, but the CRM-Outlook sync we're...

Still on Outlook Express
My wife never wants to give up outlook express but now she is about to. It is on her present computer. I am purchasing a new computer in which outlook 2007 will be preloaded. How do I get the account from the outlook express on computer one, over to computer two? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291602 "jaydub41" <jaydub41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8741F71-DCF1-41CA-8893-201C19870954@microsoft.com... : My wife never wants to give up outlook express but now she is about to. It : is on her present computer. I am purchasing a new compute...

can outlook be set to not display pictures
When outlook, (office 2000) is downloading messages, I have the preview pane open. As probably everyone gets, I am getting multiple messages that are spam, and mostly sex crap with naked pictures embedded in the message. So once the message is clicked on, the preview pane shows whatever is in the message, including the pictures. I wouldn't complain if they were half decent looking, but that's another story. Is there a way to not display pictures in the preview pane? I've got 2003 so not sure if it's the same in 2000 - but.. Tools>Options>Security>Change Auto...

Outlook 2003 error when trying to use WordMail
Hi, Outlook 2003 has recently started reporting the following error, when trying to use Word 2003 as the MAil Editor. I have tried all the uslal things including Uninstalling Office, clearing the main registry settings and re installing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and more importantly how to solve it: "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as outlook. The outlook email word editor will be used instead. an OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed run Setup program again" Gavin,...

Error when I open Outlook 2000
Error when I open Outlook 2000 (Windows 98 SE): OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0167:3a456262. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=3a456262 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000004 SS=016f ESP=0056eba8 EBP=0056ebb8 ECX=0056ebc0 DS=016f ESI=006900d0 FS=4747 EDX=00000005 ES=016f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 10 85 c0 7c 07 8b c6 5e 5d c2 04 00 33 c0 eb Stack dump: 006900d0 3a456278 0056ebc0 006902f0 0056ebd0 3a45cfd2 00ff0bc0 fff9721b 00584240 00690314 0056ebe4 3a45d100 00ff0bc0 00000000 00584240 0056ebf4 ...

Prevent Outlook from being default?
Hi All, I have a notebook computer that has a PocketPC synching to it. On this notebook, I installed Outlook to get to my corporate server for synching contacts, notes, etc. I use OE for all my email on this notebook, and after every sync Outlook takes over the default email program role. Is there a way to prevent Outlook from trying to become the default email program? Thanks in advance for any help! Jerry Jerry Dubuke <jdubuke@not.gpdservices.com> wrote: > Is there a way to prevent Outlook from trying to become the default > email program? Which version of Outlook? it is o...