CROSS-POST (also on General) - strange error with folder list

Hi,

when I right-click in the folder list to create a new sub-
folder I get an error:

Outlook can't read the registry information

- Close and restart Outlook
- Reinstall Outlook
- Reinstall Microsoft Exchange or other e-mail system
<<<< END <<<<<

we have tried everything, including re-install of Office
2000.

We have run this on Windows 2000 Professional....

please help if you have an answer

thanks

Philip
0
anonymous (74722)

When this error occurred on a Win XP machine (running Outlook 2002), I
did a System Restore to fix it.
If this feature is not available on Win 2000 ... can you restore the
registry?

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

How do I globally delete the Reading Pane in folders?
How do I globally change/delete the Reading Pane in already created folders? ...

Team Folders migration from 5.5 to 2003
Are there any known issues with migrating Exchange/Outlook Team Folders from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using PFMigrate? We have many Team Folders on our older Exchange 5.5 server that we MUST migrate over to Exchange 2003 with full functionality Thanks, FastEddie These are Team Folders created with the Team Folders Wizard? I don't know whether PFMigrate will migrate the folder home page setting and the custom form that a couple of the folders use. You may need to handle those manually. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

retrieving folders.old file

Deleted items folder in o2k3
The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items folder alone. Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently than messages in other folders? Would it be better for him to never delete messages since he doesn't really want to delete them? It would be better to not delete them since Deleted Items... is for things you want to get rid of. "Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message news:uKyAPby2GHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The big boss refuses ...

Public folders #9
I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming Can anyone help m thanks "cisca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file. >Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming. >Can anyone help me PFADMIN or PFINFO can do this. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Importing spam list
Hi, I have a long list of spam email addresses that I want to import into outlook. How do I do this? Do they have to be separated by commas? Thaks, Paul Where is this spam list generated? What version of Outlook? Where do you propose to import them? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul Ellis asked: | Hi, | I have a long list of spam email addresses...

Data Validation List not showing

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

Wrong unread count in inbox (1 is list but no there is no messages)
I'm trying to figure out why a user has this problem. The unread inbox count shows 1, even if there are no unread messages in the Inbox. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Check your view (View, Current View, Customize Current View) and make sure there are no filters set. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "mr_gustav" <randy.riauka@saultc.on.ca> wrote in message news:17b1b01c418c3$e7e4aff0$a10128...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Replicating folders
I am having a strange issue with tasks replicating for no apparent reason. Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. Anyone run across something like this before? Deleted 34 blank tasks and the next day there were 14 new ones. ...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...