creating rule based on date email received

I would like to create a rule to move message to a
specific folder based on their received date - i.e.
anything older than 7 days, move to this folder.  Can
rules be made based on a general date, or do you need to
put in specific dates for it to work.  I do not want to
archive the email, just move it to a separate folder for
later review.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

"Diana" said in news:6b0b01c3e69d$9d45ff10$a001280a@phx.gbl:
> I would like to create a rule to move message to a
> specific folder based on their received date - i.e.
> anything older than 7 days, move to this folder.  Can
> rules be made based on a general date, or do you need to
> put in specific dates for it to work.  I do not want to
> archive the email, just move it to a separate folder for
> later review.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

The rules get exercised when either new mail arrives or when you send mail.
They do not get scheduled to run independently.  Obviously Outlook has to be
running for any of its rules to execute.  So unless it is sufficient to run
such a rule only when you happen to check for new e-mail (manually or by a
scheduled poll) or when you send e-mail, any such rule won't run simply when
an item would be N days old by the calendar.

In OL2002 (you don't mention your version), I did not see a clause where you
could test an item to be over N days old.  The only date related clause was
one that had you specify a start and/or end date.  I suppose it would be
possible to use the "perform a custom action" clause provided you were
willing to write a script that would check an items date and do the move.

Print Footer with Last Print Date field name
How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. Hi this is only possible with VBA inserting this information within an event procedure -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ted wrote: > How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last > Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. ...

Finding last access date for Public Folders & DL
Hi, I need to do a cleanup of unused Public Folders and Distribution Lists in Exchange 5.5. Is there any tool / method for finding out the last accessed date of Public Folders and Distribution lists? Thanks. ...

Promoting emails without email Router
I'm trying to implement the CRM and, due to infraestructure problems, I can't install the CRM Email Router. I intalled the CRM and clients with SFO. When I try to promote an incoming email i can do it without problems. But when I try to promote an outgoing email (from the sent items), a message appears saying "An error ocurred when trying to promote the email. Try again". What should I do to promote a sent email without the email router. Thanks in advance -- Carlos ...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

outgoing email stopped working
My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I can still receive email fine. I've been through text support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an outlook problem. Any suggestions? Julie Fairchild What errors do you get? Julie wrote: > My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I > can still receive email fine. I've been through text > support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an > outlook problem. Any suggestions? > > Julie Fairchild >-----Original Message----- >My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, a...

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Junk Email Auto Delete Question
I right click on an email and put on the junk email sender's list. It just sits there. Is it supposed to automatically delete? Also, if that address comes in in the future, is is supposed to automatically delete? I have several email addresses that I have put in the list, but they show up in my InBox anyway. I don't want them simply colored with Organize. I want them to be deleted! Thank you. Office XP Pro. Do you have the junk mail rule configured to delete or to colorize the message? You need to configure it to delete... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach You...

Email forwarding routed to wrong mailbox
I have configured MS Exchange Server 2003 to route emails to individual mailboxes. We have just started forwarding emails from a new domain to our existing domain, these emails are all arriving in my mailbox rather than being routed to the correct mailboxes. Can anyone help? Is this SBS? Do you have the POP3 connector configured? Do you have journaling configured to route to your mailbox? Is your ISP sending the messages to your mailbox? What do the message tracking logs show? What do the SMTP protocol logs show? "Roger Morbey" <RogerMorbey@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Creating an "Empty" Cell
I have an IF statement that puts "" in cell based on a certain condition. But when I go to chart that cell (along with adjacent cells), that cell gets charted as a ZERO. I would like it to get charted as an "Empty" cell which would leave a gap in the line graph. I want the gap in the line graph indicating that there was no data for that period. I do NOT want to chart a ZERO. The question is . . . is there anyway in an IF statement to say based on a certain condition, make the cell BLANK or EMPTY (especially if the cell previously had data)? Thanks. Ch...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

How do I include attachments that go with deleted and sent emails.
On Outlook Express, my saved and deleted emails included any attachments that came with them. In Outlook 2007, it deletes the attachments. Then if something happens and I need to find those attachments, they are gone. How can I make Outlook 2007 retain any attachments that go with email messages, even after they are moved to the "sent" and "deleted" files? Outlook 2007 does not remove attachments from items in your mail folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick....

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Client does not receive invitation email but it is shown on calendar
Hi, I have few people are complainting that they did not recieve the invitation from inviter. Therefore, I did test by sending invitation to user_A whom has the problem and my tester user. My test user did recieve the invitation email but not user_A. However, if I go to user_A calendar then it will show the invitation name and time I book; it shown accept, decline and etc. This is puzzle to me, why the user did not receive the invitation and book the time frame of the appointment? How do I trouble shoot this type of problem, Exchange or Outlook. I double check the rules and I did ...

difference two date
Anyone pl help me. How calculate difference between two date in the year,month & date. I want to difference year, month & date ( all are calculate). Ex. a1 = {01/12/1950} b1={01/11/1960} result we want b1-a1 = 9 year 1 month 10 days. (These format) Pl Help me. =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Ym")&" months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Md")&" days" Regards, KL "RKS" <RKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B419EA21-0AA8-4F1F-AB90-0BBE52C68B54@microsoft.com... > A...

On Create Workflow not working
I am trying to add a new workflow rule to our system. All I want to do is send an email when a new order is created, that's it. I have many other, much more complex workflows running just fine. However, it seems I can no longer add an On Create workflow rule. If I change this rule to On Assign, it runs fine. For some reason, any new On create rules are not running, the old On create rules still work. Does anyone know what this could be? Any help is appreciated. This is only affecting the Creation of workflow rules for Orders. Is there a maximum # of rules allowed for each...

Blackberry email tracking in crm 4.0
Hi, can anyone tell me if blackberry emails are supposed to automatically track within CRM 4.0? We are tracking emails through outlook into crm fine but BB emails are not tracking for some reason. We have our own BES and exchange server. I know you can buy 3rd party software but according to one of the reps of that company, he claimed it should be tracking by itself w/out 3rd party. Is anyone sucessfully doing this? thank you! I am no expert, but I have been working with BB/BES and CRM and up till now what I seen is that email already marked for tracking (i.e. a reply to one marked as t...

CRM4 CU8 Delete Failed Bulk Email notice in System Job list
Standard CRM 4 install. I have been cleaning the Systems Jobs list and discovered that there are a lot of entries for Failed Bulk Email send. I cannot remove the entries it throws an error and suggests I ask Microsoft. I can remove the successful Bulk sends. Any hints on how to clear out the failed Email bulk send reports? Robert ...

Outlook 2003 not receiving mail
I have a Laptop with Outlook 2003 setup with offline files. This computer will sit few only a few minutes and then will no longer send and receive. It forces you to hit the send receive button to get your mail. I have it set to automatically send receive every 4 mins, but this is not happening. Any help would be great. Thanks ...

Need HELP Outlook and Roadrunner
I'm new to Roadrunner. I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web mail, not Outlook. pop3 = pop-server.roadrunner.com smtp = smtp-server.roadrunner.com Thanks Mark Have you verified with RR that the POP server name is correct? They should have the correct settings on their website. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "MWB" wrote: > I'm new to Roadrunner. > > > I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web > mail, not Outlo...

Edit the rule description-how can u see a long formula in its enti
Ok, this is driving me crazy--a sure sign that there has to be a better way. While using Conditional Formatting, under the Edit Formatting Rule box there is another box called "Edit the rule description". The problem is that if you have a long formula in that box, it's really hard to navigate the formula. When I want to see the end of the formula, I click in the box, but when I arrow over (hoping to see the end) it automatically inserts a cell reference into the middle of the formula. How are you supposed to navigate these long formulas? All I want to do is see the wh...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

CButton: Change size based upon text extent
I'd like to dynamically change the size of my CButton derived control based upon the text/bitmap size. So if the application calls SetWindowText during program flow the button rect will update. What's the best way to capture this and override the rect size? Thanks Eric You can use SetWindowPos to change its size. You can handle WM_SETTEXT and see what text is being set to, calculate the size of the button, change its size and then call the base class handler. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145984489.865667.169280@e56...

Junk E-Mail Filter Rules
(I posted this on an old thread but not sure anyone looks back through those, so...) If I block all e-mails from a domain using "@theirdomain.com" that works fine, EXCEPT when the e-mail address looks like "Fred Bloggs [fbloggs123@theirdomain.com]" and then it seems to get passed over and left in the Inbox. Should I be blocking something else? TIA, JohnK Use a rule with specific words in the email address and make that word theirdomain. -- Bill R MVP "John F Kappler" <john@pceffect.co.uk> wrote in message news:nrtta3l3nlpdc0ngvov1jcifjva0cc9igf@4ax....

merged cells and creating charts
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I have put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above. When I create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph has 4 spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007 version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version Merged cells are to be avoided at all costs. They can be used for column heading but for little else. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Troubled...