Creating new distribution list?

I want to create a distribution list of people I can send emails to from
users in our Exchange database.

1. How do I create a new distribution list?

2. How can I import users into this list without having to retype them all?

Thanks!
0
Rick

Are the contacts in your local contacts folder or in the GAL on the
exchanges server?
Do you have a text file of the addresses you want in the DL?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Rick" <someone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a distribution list of people I can send emails to from
> users in our Exchange database.
>
> 1. How do I create a new distribution list?
>
> 2. How can I import users into this list without having to retype them
> all?
>
> Thanks!

0
Diane
11/13/2009 1:31:42 AM
The contacts are on the exchange server. Currently my local contacts are
empty.

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> Are the contacts in your local contacts folder or in the GAL on the
> exchanges server?
> Do you have a text file of the addresses you want in the DL?

0
Rick
11/13/2009 2:21:56 AM
The contacts are on the exchange server. My contacts on the local folder
are empty.

Thanks!!!

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> Are the contacts in your local contacts folder or in the GAL on the
> exchanges server?
> Do you have a text file of the addresses you want in the DL?

0
Rick
11/13/2009 2:23:11 AM
So they are in the GAL? Open a new DL form and click add members... select
the contacts from the gal..

--

> The contacts are on the exchange server. Currently my local contacts are
> empty.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>> Are the contacts in your local contacts folder or in the GAL on the
>> exchanges server?
>> Do you have a text file of the addresses you want in the DL?

0
Diane
11/13/2009 2:32:23 AM
Sorry, what is a GAL? Global Address list? If so, yes they are.

I work for a school district and there are already some lists created by
others. If I select one of these lists, is there a way to access the
individual members that compose that lists? So a way to import each and
every person from someone else's list into my contacts?

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> So they are in the GAL? Open a new DL form and click add members...
> select the contacts from the gal..

0
Rick
11/13/2009 2:44:47 AM
What version of Exchange server? Double click the DL to open it and look on
the general tab - select the members (hold Ctrl as you select them) then
click the Add to Contacts button.

You need proper permissions to create DLs on the server - its usually done
by the exchange admin.

--

> Sorry, what is a GAL? Global Address list? If so, yes they are.
>
> I work for a school district and there are already some lists created by
> others. If I select one of these lists, is there a way to access the
> individual members that compose that lists? So a way to import each and
> every person from someone else's list into my contacts?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>> So they are in the GAL? Open a new DL form and click add members...
>> select the contacts from the gal..

0
Diane

Maximum number of items in a list or library
Hello, I am making an InfoPath Form for a class sign-up roster. I only have 20 chairs for students to sit in so I want to set a item submission maximum of 20 for the form library I'm publishing the form to. Is this possible? Set specific maximum extries in a Library or List? 03 or 07. Thanks all, check the below link. Plan for software boundaries (Office SharePoint Server) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262787.aspx Item | 2,000 per view | Testing indicates a reduction in performance beyond two thousand items. Using indexing on a flat folder v...

Moving Outlook 2007 to New Computer
I will be moving my Outlook 2007 to a new computer and want to know what files I need to copy to minimize my setup. I know that I need to copy my pst file for the data but I don't know what other files should be copied (i.e. to get profile, etc). Would appreciate any information -- Neil What OSes are on the computers in question? Vista's migration program works pretty well for this "Remove ABCD from Email address to reply" <neil154ABCD@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23XyjYJVzHHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I will be moving my Outlook 2007 to a new...

How to create events in COM interop(in c#)
This is my COM wrapper written in c#. using System.Runtime.InteropServices; namespace SAFE_NAMESPACE_NAME { #region Events raised by your COM class public delegate void Event1Handler(int i, int j); [Guid("C37B4CE2-E6F0-404b-836A-722064BADBF1"), InterfaceType(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsIDispatch) ] public interface EVENTS_NAME { // TODO: Insert event handlers for events your class raises here. [DispId(1)] void Event1(int i, int j); } #endregion #region Interface published by your COM class [Guid("117E0536-B80A-45b5-92BA-81B7AF5BAE5E"), InterfaceType(ComInte...

please take my address off your mailing list
i can not get any of the patches please take my name off your list There is no mailing list. This is usenet. If you used your real email address, change it or get used to it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, huey asked: | i can not get any of the patches please take my name off | your list ...

MS Access Field List Export to Excel
Probably the wrong Forum/Group but Spread the word right? Ok. Here's the deal. The wonderful creator's of MS Access have not given a way to Print or Export a "Table" or "Query" field list very easily. I have a work around that works. No Coding Involved. Step 1: Open the Database to be worked with Step 2: Click on your Table's View Step 3: Right Click on the Table to be worked with Step 4: Click "Export: Step 5: Click "Save As" Type Dropdown Step 6: Select "Text Files" Step 7: Give it a bogus name if it does not have one already. Step 8...

How to create the customized Outlook SQL DASL for selected days?
Outlook 2007/2010 provided pre-defined view for tasks due by the selected days. It seems the SQL DASL Filter dialog has the ability to do it, but I don't know what's the property tag for selected days I am using the filter below to get tasks due on today. %today("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/81050040")% When I changed the selected days on the calendar taskpad view, it won't get the tasks due on the date I selected. Can't find any documents to use SQL DASL filters except for Andre Delin's weblog: Doing mor...

New Email To: Field shows previous names
When I create a new email, I start to type the persons name in the To field. If I type Ste, a list pops up showing me names all starting sith "Ste". This is great except, there are names in this list that are no longer valid. How can I remove names from this pop-up list? Some of the names popping up are not in my contact list. I suspect that the names popping up are based on me receiving previous emails from the person. Thanks, Steve Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I create a new email, I start to type the persons > name in the To fiel...

Using template to create email signature for Office 2007
When creating an email signature in Outlook 2003 we were able to select an option to use the template from our desktop. In Outlook 2007 we don't have this option. By copying and pasting the template in the signature area and then editing with our personal info losses it's format especially the email address link. What is the best way to use our company email signature template? Thanks for any suggestions. Did you try saving it as HTML and putting it in the Signature folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

What is the syntax for a Carriage Return in SharePoint Custom List
I am creating a list that has a calculated Value of other lists. The main reason I am doing this is to format that Coumn to look like what the user will use to mail out. I am learning a lot of the syntax that Sharepoint uses but I need to format it a liitle better. If I could put in a line break or a Carriage return that would be nice. It may need both..Here is what I have so far: ="MCC ID: -"&MCCID&"-Short Description: -"&[Short Description]&"-IR Number: -"&IRNumber&"-Impact Start Date/Time: -"&TEXT([Start Dat...

New Office Outlook user
After installing my Office Outlook, all messages that were in my Outlook Express transferred over to Office Outlook, which is the default program, however all subsequent messages in are not showing up in Office Outlook, I have to go back to Outlook Express to retrieve messages, what did I do wrong or how do I fix. Thanks On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:27:19 -0800, "Ken F." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After installing my Office Outlook, all messages that >were in my Outlook Express transferred over to Office >Outlook, which is the default program, ho...

Creating customization?
Hi all Must i be a reseller to be able to get access to SDK or documentations to make my own customization to RMS ? I am a store owner and i have old-school programming knowledge thank you, Regards Joie There are no SDK though I have several documents that I will email you Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = = = = "Joie" <Joie.hadi.nata.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uSGNmPiVJHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > Must i be a reseller to be able to get access to SDK or documentations to > make my own c...

Configuration of New Computers for an Exsisting Dynam GP User
Hi Folks: A couple of questions regarding an existing Dynamics GP V9.0 (on SP 1 still). They are considering a complete change over of all their computers to newer ones (probably from Dell). Some of my questions are as follows: notes: a) Their Server is running Windows Server 2003 on SP2 b) The server is also running SQL Server 2000 c) all existing workstation computers are running running on either Windows XP Professional, or Windows 2000 Professional. They also are running either Office 2000 or Office 2003 For the SERVER, I anticipate that we will keep the same configuration. QUESTI...

Lookup and/or create new record from same box?
Here's what i'm trying to achieve. I want people to be able to look up a client by their unique ID number. I know this is easily achievable through a lookup box. Not a big deal, i know. What i'd really like to do, is to be able to type in the said number and have it search the table for that record and go to it, if it exists. If it doesn't exist, i'd like it to tell the user that the record doesn't exist, but prompt them with a yes/no box (or something) to create a record with that ID if they like. Then, pass that ID on to the new record. Is this even possible? ...

select the last cell in a long list
hello i'm stuck i need some help on selecting the last cell ( 1st blank one available ) in a large list, there will be no gaps in the list at all. so far using VBA i've been able to select and sort my list using CurrentRegion, would like the curser to return to the end of the list so i can enter more data as and when required. i know i will be kicking my self as its bound to be something i'm overlooking. any help would be appreciated Regards DarkNight To select the first empty cell use Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select More reliably if there could be b...

Add series names to legend after the chart has been created
How do I do the above other than edit the series name in the source data window. Hi, You can edit the series name in the source data window. Or selecting the series and then editing the series formula in the formula bar. Or by linking to a cell reference, then you simply edit the cell. Cheers Andy Barry wrote: > How do I do the above other than edit the series name in the source data > window. > > Andy, thanks for the reply. I do not think I explained it very well. I have a chart that is complete, and in the legend it just shows the little colour squares. Is there ano...

Need hardware advice, buying a new server for exchange...
Hi all, I work for a K-12 private school, money is always tight with a school so I buy one server a year as it is about all I can afford to do (I have 5 servers). Because of my situation, I have a mixed environment of servers. 2 2K servers and 3 NT 4.0 SP6a servers. I am wanting to buy a nice new excange server this summer, want to spend 3 grand or less (this price would not include OS or licensing) but I am wondering what direction I should go as far as the hard drives are concerned. Should I go SCSI? IDE? How many HDs? And what RAID config should I use? Here is a quick look at my network t...

Resizing a list
I have a page setup to print out landscape style. on the left side is list that goes from the top of the page to the bottom. I want to b able to resize that chart so that i can fit 4 of the same list but in smaller way on the right side. Basically i want 5 of the same list. one at 100% on the left side the 4 on the right side at 25% each, so that i can cut them out. is there a way to do this? They all have to be on the same sheet. TIA -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select the cells in the list Choose Edit>Copy Select a cell outside the list Hold the Shift key on the ...

Unable to create any link/hyperlinks in a particular excel file
Please help me as I have an existing excel file where I have copied lots of links and hyperlinks but it seems it is not working with that particular excel file. I do have internet access and hyperlinks are working fine in other files but problem is with a specific excel file. The hyperlink and link promt are inactive in this file particularly and even when I am trying to copy the content of these file to a new file the same problem is occuring. But other links are working in new excel file. Can you kindly help me ??? ...

Help files in Office 2007 new install do not work
In any Office program, when I click on the blue question mark icon to start a help session, Office 2007 configuration pops up, the green progress bar finishes, I get asked to reboot the computer, and when I click on the reboot button a windows installer window opens, finishes, then the MS Office help viewer window opens, blank, and I get a fail error telling me that there is no help topic. When I reboot, and start up an Office program, click on the help ? icon, the process starts over. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, attempted repair, gone through the diagnostics, and nothing ...

How to create quater page ad on letter size paper
Hi, I'm working on advertisement(NON PROFIT) - I have to put 4 quarter page ads on letter size. I'm using the publication type=Folded card and page size=side-fold card problem with this is 2 cards/ads are showing up site down any other trick ? All I want to do is to make 4 1/4 page ad ... please help .. MUZAMMIL6@ATTBI.COM File/page setup/special size/w=4.25 h=5.5 When ready to print, file/print/page options/print multiple copies per page. Make sure all margins are set to zero Ron Cohen drc023@ivwnet.com "MUZAMMIL SIDDIQUI" <muzammil6@comcast.net> wrote in mes...

Multiple chioce in drop-down list
Hello, everyone I have to create a field on the form with a drop-down list where user can select more than one value. It seems like standard insruments (creating attribute with picklist type) are not working cause it's not allowed to choose more than one value. If you have ideas about that, please assist -- ---------------------- regards, Ilya Milshtein MBS Master, MBSCP, MCP Softline International www.softline.ru As you noticed, multi-value picklists are not an option in crm 3.0. What you can do is create a new custom entity instead of a picklist. So if your picklist was for "...

Files created by VC++ & revision control
I am using VC++ in a collaborative environment which uses StarTeam as revision control system (RCS) and collaborative tool between various developers. The project I am working on has the .ncb .opt .clw .dsp .dsw ..plg .rc .reg files checked in. I have found that if the project is open in VC++,there is a sharing violation on the .ncb file. I found that this file is just browse information that can be created by the compiler. It does not need to be archived or shared between users. Therefore, I removed it from the RCS. I am curious, which of the other files mentioned above ...

creating a macro for a "Save As" box
How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" window. It just saves at the previous location and name. My attempts to alter the VBA code have failed. hi, add this to the macro wizard code Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show regards FSt1 "MysticMarley" wrote: > How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I > create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" > w...

Rules & Alerts based on Address list
Hey all, I get so much spam that I'd like to set up a rule that treats every message that is NOT from someone in my address book as spam and send it to another folder. I set up one using the "Sender is in Contacts Address book", but it does nothing. I see no other options. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Joe On 4/29/2004 9:44 AM, Joe Reasor wrote: > Hey all, > I get so much spam that I'd like to set up a rule that treats every > message that is NOT from someone in my address book as spam and send it > to another folder. I set up one using the &...

User cannot recieve any new mail
I have ONE user on my Exchange 5.5 server (only 1 mail server) that cannot recieve his e-mail. I can see the number of items go up as he receives mail in his mailbox via the Exchange admin tool. However his client app (Outlook 2003 or WebMail) never has access to it.. Any ideas on how I can get access to this mail that is being delivered? He can send mail without any problems..Even his read receipts will not show up when he sends out a new message. I have no limits on his mailbox size.. The mailbox has 40,000 items and 360Meg of mail..which was reduced from 500Meg Any help would ...