Creating Groups

Hello,

Using Outlook2002, is there a way to create groups so that I can select the
group name for a mailing rather than the individual members?  I can't figure
it out and it seems that years ago you could do that.

Thanks for any help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

0
msam1 (31)

File > New > Distribution List
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Using Outlook2002, is there a way to create groups so that I can select
> the
> group name for a mailing rather than the individual members?  I can't
> figure
> it out and it seems that years ago you could do that.
>
> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam

0
russval1 (2100)
11/8/2005 9:59:03 PM
Thank you Russ

> File > New > Distribution List
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mark A. Sam" <msam@Plan-It-Earth.Net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Using Outlook2002, is there a way to create groups so that I can select
> > the
> > group name for a mailing rather than the individual members?  I can't
> > figure
> > it out and it seems that years ago you could do that.
> >
> > Thanks for any help and God Bless,
> >
> > Mark A. Sam

0
msam1 (31)

Can we use group policy templates for Outlook client options
Hi there, We are looking to automate the CRM outlook client settings so we don't have to manually change them for each user. Is there any way we can do this through group policy or another way? It would be handy if we had a list of registry settings that we could use? Thanks ...

Items collection restrict on created
Hi all, Is it possible to do a restrict on outlook calendar items according to the items [created] date/time? Regards, Asaf Yes, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/finddate.htm . The field you want is CreationTime. Please do not cross-post. A post to one developer group should suffice. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "asaf lahav" <alahav@mecury.co.il> wrote in message news:uhvBnx%23OEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > ...

create a drop down list with the source from a different workbook
Hi, I tried to create a drop down list (Data > Validation > List) with the source from a different work book (If you type the list in a different workbook, define a name with an external reference to the list.). I followed the instructions given in the Microsoft Online Assistant. Iam not able to create the same as iam a getting a message stating that "You may not use references to other worksheets or workbooks for Data validation criteria." Try Debra Dalgleish's web site on this subject: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to "D", and see ...

email groups
I have tried to send group emails of approx 40 names from my outlook address book......I got bounce backs from 12 the first time I sent and 12 additional names the second time...they are from different domains Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: Probe failed: Illegal To: address (invalid domain name): 'rita311@optonline.net' this is the message I get....can anyone help ? Regards Angelo39 ...

how to stop rules created by the asence assistent
HI NG, we use Exchange 2000 SP3. I allowed the users to send absence notices during their hildays, but disallowed forwarding rules. Although i ysecured the systenm by this way, the users find a possibility to forward emails through the absence assistent. I don=B4t want to forbid this, but is there a way to stop these rules at a central point of administration? Or do I need to disallow absence notices? Birte ...

Group
I want to group my business e-mail addresses, keeping them seperate from my everyday contacts. I can't find in help where I can do this grouping. Sorry to bother you on such a trivial question. -- Thank-you Carl R Check 'Categories' in help "Carl R" <carlritcey@bendbroaband.com> wrote in message news:7E27F9E8-81B4-42B6-B30C-9970FA0F796C@microsoft.com... > I want to group my business e-mail addresses, keeping them seperate from my > everyday contacts. I can't find in help where I can do this grouping. Sorry > to bother you on such a trivial questio...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

Creating a parent/child relationship for vendors
Hello, Has anyone ever done a parent/child relationship for vendors in great plains? We have a structure that has multiple subcontractors working for the same vendor and since the number of contractors per vendor is a one to one relationship, we were thinking of creating a parent vendor and have the vendors associated with the contractors be the children. This way when we write up an invoice for the parent vendor, we can include all the child vendors information as well. I'm new to the world of Great Plains. If this is an absurd question, please excuse... Thanks, Med Look at the p...

I cannot access newly created users
Hi folks... I have using exchange server. i can add users in Active directory successfully. But I cannot logon through IE or Outllok.. That is from today onwards i can create users but When I configuring in Outlook or when i tried to login through IE I get the following error message. "Sorry. User id and password could not be verified. Please re-enter your user id and password. more details... javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." This means the My Exchange did not recognize the newly created user name. But while I ...

Option Buttons in Group Box
I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the Forms Tool bar) Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible. I would like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet. Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:1111518141.249157.66540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have two group boxes with t...

create an internal forum
I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange 2003 server. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice or tips that can be shared. I have been searching the internet for days and cannot figure this out. thanks in advance How fancy do you want to make it? You could just use a public folder and train users to sort messages by 'conversation'. Or you could create the public folder and build a web app with .net, or use sharepoint portal. "jason" wrote: > I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange &g...

creating minimal DTD
Hi, is it possible to create a minimal DTD that can contain any not declared tag or text? With "minimal" I mean with the declaration of the root (for example "myRoot") and the declaration of entities (for example &egrave; &agrave; and similar) only. I've tried using the keyword ANY but it didn't work (ANY require the declaration of the used tag) Any idea? Thanks in advance. Fede Hello! > is it possible to create a minimal DTD that can contain any not declared tag > or text? > With "minimal" I mean with the declaration of the ro...

want to create a template and update in seperate worksheet
want to create a template and every new entry in that template should be updated in worksheet. ...

Additional file with no extension created during File Save As proc
Good morning all! I originally posted this query on the Developer board, as I thought it was a problem with my code, but now I'm not so sure. I have a workbook with a macro that runs a Save As within a loop, to create test data files. I was finding that for every new file I created, and additional file with a filename comprisiong eight alphanumeric characters and no file extenson was created in the same folder. Thinking that the workbook might be corrupted, I created a new workbook (with NO copying/pasting from the original - everything types in from scratch) , created new code m...

when writing out a file from .net, when is the file created? after the bytes are all written to the hard drive or before the bytes are written to the hard drive?
when writing out a file from .net, when is the file created? after the bytes are all written to the hard drive or before the bytes are written to the hard drive? ...

Calendar Invite goes to users group.
Hi All, Running Exchange 2003 Sp1 and Outlook 2003 Sp2. Sending a calendar invite to a single user somehow gets delivered to one of the groups he is a member of. When I trace the message, it appears as if I had sent two messages! The frst message looks great, gets delivered to his local mailbox, but the second message is crazy. It goes to a group that he belongs to, as if it was sent from me to that group directly. Any ideas? I have made sure that he has not delegated that group in anyway, but I do believe that was the case at some point in the past. Any leads would be helpful. TIA -Kevin ...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, ...

Saving News Groups
Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in case computer crashes Thanks "n." wrote: > > Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in case > computer crashes Outlook is not a newsreader nor a backup application. I'm not sure exactly what you want to save, but for starters, how about the backup software bundled with your OS? Follow-ups narrowed. Thor -- http://www.anta.net/ News is stored in OE - see insideoe.tomsterdam.com for information on how to backup those files. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

Word 2007, having problems creating page 2 etc,
I recently am unable to create any word documents with more than 1 page, Word is only showing 1 page, and will not print or view anyother additional pages , even thought there is tpe information or copied and pasted infor in to word. Are you using the trial version of Word that came packaged free on a new computer? You might need to find the instructions for registering your copy. "lklkwallace2010@live.com" wrote: > I recently am unable to create any word documents with more than 1 page, > Word is only showing 1 page, and will not print or view anyothe...

How to create chart with TWO categories and one set of data?
One cata ategory is GROUP another category is DEPARTMENTS and the data looks as under: Dept Group Salary === ===== ==== Finance Engineers 25 Finance Engineers 40 Finance Engineers 60 HR Welder 18 HR Welder 15 HR Engineers 30 HR ...

OWC 11.0 in ASP.NET and C# to create excel file
I'm using OWC 11.0 in ASP.NET and C# to create excel file. I need to protect/unprotect the sheet by a password. I tried to protect the sheet by following code. string Password = "Password123"; object getPasswordFromUser =(object)Password; xl.ActiveSheet.Protect(ref getPasswordFromUser, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref obj, ref objTrue, ref obj);But it throws an exception "Exception from HRESULT: 0xE0040059" Kindly help me to resolve this issue. Code works well if I m...

Question about creating a group mailbox
Hey, I am wanting to create a mailbox that multiple people will be able to access. When we were on exchange 5.5 I could just create a mailbox and assign me as the owner. I would then give access to the other people to view the folders and they would add the mailbox so they could view it in outlook. Since we have upgraded to exchange 2003 it doesnt seem to allow me to assign myself to own multiple mailboxes. I could just add a user and create the mailbox, but I am trying to get around creating a user that we do not need. Any help would be great. Thanks In Exchang...

what's the point of crearting Sharepoing groups for BP?
Hello: In Business Portal 4.0 and WSS 3.0, apparently, it does no good in creating a group in the Users and Groups section in Site Settings. We created a group called "EXECUTIVE" and added users to it. But, those users had no tabs or pages upon logging into Business Portal. Obviously, then, the only way to get them access to those pages is to place them in several of the default groups that are already created for Business Portal. That's fine, and I'm glad that I found that as the solution. But, my question is "What in the world is the point of creating a gr...

How to create custom reports?
How can i create custom reports? do i need any other software or can it be done with default CRM installation ? thanks Hi Jazz, You will need crystal deport designer to write your own custom report. Rgds, Kyaw "Jazz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05e501c4ac06$e9716300$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can i create custom reports? > > do i need any other software or can it be done with > default CRM installation ? > > thanks is that a seperate product ... installed on same machine ? does that use crm tables ? and can i show...

Trouble with creating a simple query with calculated fields.
Hi,I want to creat a query that would look like the following. The onlytrouble is I am not able to get the calculated fields to calculate thevalues. It gives me #ErrorNames | Contribution | Difference | remainder | Payables----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------John 55 35 67.5 32.5Smith 10 80 67.5 -12.5Cooper 15 75 67.5 -7.5Toby 10 80 67.5 -12.5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 90 270---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rules...