creating fax cover sheet for contact

I want to create a fax cover sheet from a contact, I open the contact and I
go to actions menu and I choose New Letter to contact.
The problem is I need a fax cover NOT a letter, I can not find where to
change the templates.
Will appreciate any help.
Jacob

0
info908 (16)

Two options:

1. Create a custom document that will appear in the New Letters to Contact
dialog. For your custom letter template to appear in the list of Page
Designs in the Microsoft Word Letter Wizard, the letter templates you create
must be saved in the "Letters & Faxes folder Word 97) or the Templates\1033
folder (Word 2000 or 2002). The word "Letter" must be in the file name.
Details here:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q181/2/73.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q197/3/40.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q210884
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q291186
Once you have set up your Custom Template(s) you should see it as a choice
when you use the New Letter to Contact option in Outlook.

2. The better option is to use a Mail merge from the Contacts Folder, then
save the merge document to reuse as an existing document the next time you
want to create a cover sheet. More details here:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message
>I want to create a fax cover sheet from a contact, I open the contact and I
> go to actions menu and I choose New Letter to contact.
> The problem is I need a fax cover NOT a letter, I can not find where to
> change the templates.
> Will appreciate any help.
> Jacob

0
russval (3097)

Hide a sheet
Is there a way of hiding a worksheet and only allowing it to be unhidden if a password is supplied? Or is there any other way of achieving this? Thanks for any help! Gavin I do believe that this might do the very thing I need - I'll test it first thing in the morning! http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=380 "gavin" <no-one@home.co.uk> wrote in message news:dg9md0$g2l$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is there a way of hiding a worksheet and only allowing it to be unhidden if > a password is supplied? Or is there any other way of achieving this? &...

problem creating report
I have 15 working forms from 2 diferant colums from one table what I want is to run each query on its own line of a report with 4 calculations at the end I can select 1 query and produce the first line but how do I move to second line and query? thanks Duane Hookom wrote: > This is a really unusual question. What do your forms and columns have to do > with your queries and report? > > A report can have only one record source. This record source could be a > union query. You can also use subreports to display additional queries. > thank you ...

Copying only report sheets
Hi: Happy new year. I created a MS excel workbook which has 4 data sheets and 4 report sheets. Each report sheet links to each data sheet. Now I want to create another workbook that will show only the 4 report sheets. How can I do it in VB code? Agin, in each report sheet, I copy and paste data from data sheet and thus each report points to individual data sheet. Workbookname: ctces sheet names:dat1,rep1,dat2,rep2,dat3,rep3,dat4,rep4 Best wishes and thanks -- jesmin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

outlook 2000 contacts #4
Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts but don't know how It's under your profile c:\documents and settings\<profile name>\local settings\applications data\microsoft\outlook The file is Outlook.pst Good luck. "Ted" wrote: > Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my > hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts > but don't know how jdc <jdc@discussions.microso...

Return the name of cell to sheet name
How do I return the cell name to the sheet name. When I start a ne sheet I write a name in a cell and I want it to automatically renam the sheet to that cell name //Andrea Olsso -- AndreaOlsso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AndreaOlsson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1651 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31367 introduce this in <thisworkbook> event code begins Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.Name =...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

New Mailbox
Hi All, When I create a userid object for a new employee in 'Users and Computers' the NT account is created. I usually wait about 3-5 minutes and the email address are created. Yesteday when I created a new user the email address took about 15 minutes, but Exchange 2003 only created a X500 email address. No smtp etc. I am thinking that this is a problem with RUS, however I have run a rebuild and update, and still no luck, I cant seem to find any messages in the event log either! I deleted the entry and recreated the same user with the same result. I hope someone can help me!!! Tha...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Visual Basic
Hi, I trying to create a table using visual basic, when i try to run it. It prompt me "No fields defined, can't append Table or Index. Anyone, could highlight to me what is the problem. My code is as follows: Public Sub PCreateTable() Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Dim idx As DAO.Index Dim fldTradeDate As DAO.Field Dim fldStockName As DAO.Field Dim fldRemarks As DAO.Field Dim fldCurrency As DAO.Field Dim fldClose As DAO.Field Dim fldChange As DAO.Field Dim fldVolume As DAO.Field Dim fldHigh As DAO.Field Dim fldLow As DAO.Field Dim fldValue As DAO.Field Dim fldDay...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Creating Postcard 2 UP & 2 sided with Mail merge
Hi everyone: Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for doing the following: 1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper). 2) Print on both sides 3) Mail merge on both sides How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word) I know that my printer does it. First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word. I also have the mail merge done. MS Publisher: Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5 Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)...

How to create treeview active control as another activex control's child?
I want to create an activex control who will wrap a treeview active control but has some its own logic. I don't know how to create it and how to set its position and size. say,if I want my active control's size is the same as the treeview active control. Any idea ? Thanks ...

Assign a Contact to a different businessunit
Helo, is it possible to assign a contact to a different businessunit than my own? We have the problem that the customer has users that should have the right to enter contacts for different businessunits (without assigning it to another user). Thanks for your help, paul. Unfortunately, the answer is no. If you look in the tables for Contact (ContactBase) or even the Contact view or FilteredContact, you'll probablly notice a field called businessunitid...this is dynamically set when you reassign it to someone else. Sorry I don't have a better solution for you. "Paul&quo...

Syncing Outlook 2003 with Bus Contact Mgr on 2 computers
Just upgraded to Office 2003 and want to keep my Outlook on both desktop and laptop in sync. Used to be able to do it through my PDA which runs Pocket PC--sync desktop computer to PDA, then PDA to laptop for the road. But Business Contact Manager Accounts and links aren't reflected in the Pocket PC sync, although the contacts show up in Outlook contacts. How do I backup my desktop Outlook 2003 and then restore on my laptop so that the two computers have duplicate data. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Creating an additional profile in Outlook 2000?
Iam a newb with Outlook and have searched on here for a solution to my problem. I am using XP home edition and Outlook 2000 with update of SP3. My ISP provides me with 5 email accounts, all of which are not aliases from my understanding of what an alias account is. Mine are "name1@dodo.com.au","name2@dodo.com.au"etc. I am wanting to be able to access 2 email accounts, one with my nickname for friends and forums and the other for my new business, while using my version of Outlook 2000 without having to upgrade to a newer version. I don't want to create a new '...

Creating Shortcuts
I have a script running in an EXCEL document that creates new workbooks based on input from the user. It then saves the file in a set location. I would like to adjust the code to creat a shortcut to the new file and place the shortcut in a different folder. Is there a way to do this? In the VBE editor, go to Tools > References and set a reference to 'Windows Script Host Object Model" Now, the code below would create a shortcut named "Book1Shortcut" located in the folder "C:\Test\myfolder" with the target Excel file of the shortcut being "C:\Test\Boo...

I'm look for a Visitors Log Sheet
I'm look for a Visitors Log Sheet ...

Chart Title or Text Box Linked to cell & sheet
I need to create charts from data collected via a com port. As i stands, the data is written to sheet 1. Chart 1 is ready to plot dat as it is written. Once the data is complete, I copy sheet 1 and char 1. This results in sheet 1(2) and Chart 1(2). All references to shee 1 on the newly created chart 1(2) automatically changes to refer t sheet 1(2). This applies to data ranges, Chart Title, Axis names. When creating text boxes refering to sheet1!$A$1, the reference doe not automacially change to sheet 1(2)!$A$1. Can this be done? If not, can I create multiple chart titles? Any help o...

All Day events cover 2 day
When I create an all day event or even an event that covers several days, it looks fine in monthly view if you look at it in a list view it spans over to two days. So when you sync your calendar your pda shows the event as 2 days. The default for an all day event is 12:00 am to 12:00 am is there a style sheet that can be changed to reflect an all day event to be 23 hours and 59 mins. Add the duration field to the view and you'll see they are only 1 day. If they spread over 2 days on the pda, check the time zone settings on the pda. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Out...

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another.
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

comparing two spread sheets #2
In spread sheet "A" and "B" the last names are in column B and first names are in column C. I want EXCEL to tell me if the names (a name consist of a last and first name) on spread sheet "B" or in spread sheet "A" spread sheet "A" may or may not already contain the names in spread sheet "B". How do you do this is EXCEL? Hi one way: enter the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) in column D of spreasheet A: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(1,('sheetB'!$B$1:$B$1000=B1)*('sheetB'!$C$1:$C$1000=C1), 0)),"not in s...

pivot table: create worksheetsheet using pivot table
While working in a pivot table, I accidentally created a new worksheet in my file with isolated data from the report e.g. pivot table shows all days of the month with totals for each deposit account... my 'accident' created a sheet with all the data for a single date. It turns out, this would be a useful tool for my manager, but we cannot reproduce my accident. My mouse was on the blitz and after a few solo selections the new worksheet appeared. Does anyone know how to do this (intentionally)? Please help. ...

Matching Columns in work sheets and copying both rows to new
I am trying to match up two different spread sheets based on one column but to copy both rows to a new sheet. eg. First sheet has the following headings: "Owner Group " "Owner CC " "Type " "Product Categorization Tier 2 " "Product Categorization Tier 3 " "Device Name " "Status " "Model Number " "Mfg. Name " "CI ID " "Old Asset ID " "Serial Number " "Region " "Country " "Site " "Building " "Floor " "...

Contact Forms
Hello Using OL2003 and I want to slightly change the "Contact" form to add another field. When I edit it, it has a different layout and the field for the contact's image is not there. How can I retain the default "contact" form and add the extra field. Am I missing something here. I have been trying to find info and do it for several hours!! Thanks Rob The new contact form layout in OL2003 and the included picture control = are not available to programmers, who will see the older layout when = they put an Outlook 2003 contact form into design mode. One work...