Creating a rule

Hello,
I always ysed OE for my mail but now that I got a new PC with windows 7 I
have to use Microsoft Outlook since OE does not exist in Windows7. I want to
create a rule which will say if the message is from ....... OR in the subject
there is a word ...... move to file ......

I can't seem to understand where the OR option is. In OE there was an OR
option for rules, here in Microsoft Outlook I can only find the AND option.
Maybe I have understood it all wrong. Can someone please help me how I can
use the OR option in rules?

Thank you
Dimitris

You'll have to create 2 rules for that in Outlook.
Note that the equivalent of OE in Windows 7 is Windows Live Mail. There is a
download link for it in the Start Menu or you can get it here;
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Dimitris" <Dimitris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I always ysed OE for my mail but now that I got a new PC with windows 7 I
> have to use Microsoft Outlook since OE does not exist in Windows7. I want
> create a rule which will say if the message is from ....... OR in the
> subject
> there is a word ...... move to file ......
>
> I can't seem to understand where the OR option is. In OE there was an OR
> option for rules, here in Microsoft Outlook I can only find the AND
> option.
> Maybe I have understood it all wrong. Can someone please help me how I can
> use the OR option in rules?
>
> Thank you
> Dimitris

0
Roady

How to create & use User Forms
I am somewhat of a novice with VBA. But I have noticed it is possibl to create User Forms. I am thinking these might be much more flexibl than the Data Form, since the data form needs all data to be in column with a header. Is there an MVP site that has a tutorial in creating & using User Form and using VBA to take advantage of the data? :confused -- DCSwearinge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DCSwearingen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2150 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Need help on creating Line Graph
I would like to make my database look like the excel graph I created an the picture is located here http://www.diversityrus.com/graph.jpg. Th database is located her http://www.diversityrus.com/Qualification.zip. The informaiton I would like to get the informaiton from is from th Form "Bug Statistics". Plus I would only like the latest 12 dates o the record to show up on the graph. For example if the database has 2 dates I only want the last 12 to be shown on the graph. Plus for some reason I cannot attach files on this thread :( Thanks in advance, Lostboyc -- lostboyca ...

Possible Fix for "Unable to create MDE" Error and "Unexpected Error 40230" in Access 2002
Hi I thought I'd post this in the hope my experience may help others avoid the problems (and significant amount of time) trying to recover from the above errors when trying to create an MDE in Access 2002. As I haven't seen this solution posted anywhere before I hope Microsoft might also take a look to see if it might be a common cause. I'll give you the answer first... move the mdb to a local disk on your PC, C&R it, compile it and create an MDE on the local disk. That's it. ************* Now I guess many developers will already be working locally in which case this ma...

Setting up a rule help
Hope someone can help please? I'm trying to get Outlook 2003 running on Vista to green flag anything coming to me new e-mail address and red flag anything to my old e-mail address. I have got it partly working. However anything sent to me as CC or BC or from "yahoo" groups I subscribe to I can't see a rule to configure this bit. And easy way to do this please? Many thanks "Joe Bloggs" <pwormald@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:i_ednSfcKPKj9kHUnZ2dnUVZ8oCdnZ2d@bt.com... > Hope someone can help please? I'm trying to get Outlook 2003 running o...

Rules Wizard Problem #4
I'm using Outlook 2002 on Win XP pro. I use it with my free POP3 hotmail account. I manually move all my e- mails from my hotmail account folder in outlook, to my personal folder. I wanted to create some rules that I could run manually on my personal folder. When I'm in my personal folder I can click on the "organize" button and it will let me create a rule, but it won't let me open the rules wizard to manage the rules I created. At first when I clicked on the rules wizard I got a pop up saying that rules wizard couldn't be used with some types of e- mail...

Creating Functions
Hello Can you utilise excel functions within your own user defined fucntion ? My function (BWK) takes a date fromat 1040801 converts it to 01/08/0 then i would like to use weeknum to give the week for this date. So the function BWK(1040801) is giving me 31 on the spreadsheet I tried Function BWK(AS400 As String) ldate = Len(AS400) If ldate = 7 Then AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 6, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 4, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) Else AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 8, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 5, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) End If DateConvert = AS400Day & "/" & AS400...

Enlarge publisher document already created
We create the point of sale materials that you see in wine stores; the small descriptions which advertise wine and wine ratings. Is it possible to take the smaller size publisher document (4 on one page) that we created and simply enlarge them some how (1 on 1 page). Meaning, can we take a publisher file that we designed to go on a shelf and simple enlarge (somehow) for a full page card to go on a stacked case display? Currently we have to re-layout eadh type of publisher document. Mant thanks..... Sure. But I chicken out and do it out of Publisher. First of all, I'd assume ...

Workflow rules not working! Won't show up in monitor
I'm setting up a CRM system, I've got most of it done, I just need to get the workflow rules working. I added a few rules and went to test them, they didn't work (just trying to add a basic rule to route an appoitment to a Queue). When I open the Workflow Monitor, it shows NO RULES for any entity, just a bunch of 0's in each column. I open the workflow manager again, and they are all still there, and all set to active under the appointment entity. any ideas on whats going on? this is driving me insaine. I've made sure all services are running for CRM. I've tried switchi...

possible to set a rule on blank subject lines
Is thsi poosible if so what do I use in the 'subject contains' box TIA Nik v Nope. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "NikV" <nk@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:ckjs2c$7rm$1$830fa17d@news.demon.co.uk... > Is th...

Create Email for frequently used addresses
I once saw a tuturial in my help topics on creating, in outlook and the desktop, shortcuts that create new email for frequently used addresses. Does anyone know where this info is? I send emails several times a day to my associate and would like to use this feature. Geek <geek@geek.com> wrote: > I once saw a tuturial in my help topics on creating, in outlook and > the desktop, shortcuts that create new email for frequently used > addresses. Does anyone know where this info is? I send emails several > times a day to my associate and would like to use this feature. If ...

Outlook 2003 rules on more than one line

Using CComPtr in creating IHTMLElements in a CDHtmlDialog
I have created a CDHtmlDialog base application and I want to create IHTMLOptionElement from an external source into an IHTMLSelectElement. I have managed to do this. However, I am not sure if my code will leak // SelectID is already empt CComPtr<IHTMLSelectElement> pSelect; HRESULT hr = GetElementInterface(_T("SelectID"), &pSelect) if (FAILED(hr)) return CComPtr<IHTMLWindow2> pWindow hr = m_spHtmlDoc->get_parentWindow(&pWindow) if (FAILED(hr)) return CComPtr<IHTMLOptionElementFactory> pOptionFactory hr = pWindow->get_Option(&pOptionFactory) if ...

Exchange Migration and Server Rules
Hi, We are Migrating users from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We have a user that mentioned that while the migration was ongoing the server rules were not working. Is there a reason while you migrate users the rules would not work and deliver everything to the inbox. Thanks ...

rule for all messages from a domain
How can I create a rule so all messages from a particular domain get moved to a specific folder? All I can see is a way to apply a rule to all messages from a particular email address rather than a domain. Thanks. -- moondaddy@nospam.com How do you expect to get an answer when you provide absolutely no place for anyone to start helping you? Please provide the version of Outlook - Outlook rules get more granular with later versions. Outlook 97 has pretty crappy rules - Outlook 2003 has immensely improved rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ke...

How do I create public folders in Exch2003?
Hi, I am new to the AD world of Exchange 2003, how do I create public folders as I don't have permission? Thanks Andy ...

Proposals can't be created
I've been working with a client who has had an error, with which I'm having difficulties with finding a solution. When users try to create a new proposal or activity they get the following error :- "Invalid value specified for a custom field. Please correct the values and try saving again". The customer has 30 odd custom fields, which I've tried populating with correct values and the error still occurs, none of the fields are set as mandatory. I checked the ULS logs and get this entry whenever I try and reproduce the issue, however I can't garne...

How to Create Multiple Email accounts for One user???
Hi, I am newbie with ExchangeSrv, with some users of my SBS2003 I need to create 2 email accounts with their respective mailboxes �How can I do this? if it is possible Thanks. you will need to create separate user accounts...after you create them, you can grant "Full Mailbox Access" and "Send as" rights to the other user...if you want to disable the new account, you can also set "Associated External Account" and "Full Mailbox Access" to "Self", then disable that account...then the user that needs to use them both will be able to... "R...

Can I create a macro to crop a picture?
I routinely paste print screens into word. I then crop them so I can enlarge to easily read. I would like to have a macro to eliminate several key strokes. Hi Donna, Here's a macro to crop a given amount of each side of a picture and then zoom in by the amount cropped. Sub Demo() Dim sngHeight, sngWidth, sngCrop As Single sngCrop = 0.1 With Selection.InlineShapes(1) sngHeight = .Height sngWidth = .Width With .PictureFormat .CropLeft = sngWidth * sngCrop .CropRight = sngWidth * sngCrop .CropTop = sngHeight * sngCrop .CropBottom = sngHeight * sng...

why does entourage create a second main identity folder? (main identity 1)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap when I upgraded to 2008, i looked in the user data folder and there was a main identity folder and a &quot;main identity 1&quot; folder. they are roughly the same size. I didn't get any prompt about duplicating anything so, i'm wondering why it did this and is it probably safe to trash the &quot;main identiry 1&quot; folder? On 2/14/10 8:27 PM, in article 59bb2d79.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "kooltrevski@officeformac.com" <kooltrevski@officeformac.com> wrot...

creating a concatenated field
I would like to combine 3 fields with 3 different data types: string, date and integer. I would like to combine them into a string. What do I need to do to convert the datea nd integer values into strings in order to save the 3 together as a string field. I would like to do this with in the query. Thanks! If you are using Access you should be able to use the "&" concatention operator. Field: Combined: StringField & DateField & integerField. Are any of the fields ever Null? If so, what do you want to display for the null values Do you want specific formats fo...

Creating dynamic (formatted) tables
Dear all, I built a file that imports data from an external source (excel format). The code that I wrote does not only import the data but also adds additional calculated columns. One of the sheets contains data about orders to different countries, it looks something like this : Country Order_M Ord_Nr Qty Prod. TAT_act. SLA_TAT SLA_Achieved Austria jan. 04 prf001 25 pencil 12 13 yes Austria may. 04 prf002 36 paper 10 13 yes Belgium feb. 04 prf003 78 pencil 15 11 no France feb. 04 prf004 10 paper 25 11 no Fra...

Creating .asp or .aspx file in Exchange
Hi, I want to create a .asp file or .aspx file in the exchange folder. It is allowing me to create all other extentions except .asp / .aspx file. While creating the .asp/.aspx file it gives me error saying "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden". Please help. Thanks in Advance. Vishwanath K. Karkera Which Exchange build? I assume 2000 or 2003 since in 5.5 the exchange folder is a physical folder (C:\exchsrvr\webdata) on the box. If so your trying to create files on the M drive - ie the database. I wouldn't do this... It isn't meant to be a file syste...

Code error in creating text files
Hi All I'm trying to create a form where you can generate a series of text files that come from a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet has 7 columns and each text file should have 7 entries in it (a single record/row). The spreadsheet looks like: Name Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 With the code I have I want the text files to have the format: Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 The file will have the text from the name column as its filename. However instead of the extension .txt for a text file I would like to have the extensions .jgw and .jpw and .t...

~~ Need Help Creating Composite ActiveX Control
Help! I'm having a very tough time finding examples of how to do something which I think should be fairly easy. Could you kindly point me in the right direction? I have an application that has dialog boxes which can be extended by hosting an ActiveX control written by a third party. Typically this ActiveX control will consist of a number of edit controls and checkboxes. How do I create an ActiveX control with C++ that consists of mulitple controls? Is it possible to do this with MFC or do I have to use an ATL composite control? My hosting application is already a MFC app. How do I ...

Outlook 2003 Creating New Contact in Outlook: Default Screen
How to change the default so pop up screen looks like the prior version where when you click “to” button to create a new email the pop up screen has the details displayed with “New” button on the display so that you can create a new contact? With the current configuration of 2003, you have to click the “Advanced” button. How can I eliminate this extra screen from appearing? Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to change the default so pop up screen looks like the prior > version where when you click “to” button to create a new email the > pop up scree...