Creating a new default message template

I have a email template that I want to make the default.  In other
words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message
template that I have created to come up as the default.

Does anyone know how to do this?

What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the =
default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients =
won't be able to read attachments you send.=20

I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were =
hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of =
Outlook.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Gill Group" <brian.sadler@gillgroup.com> wrote in message =
>I have a email template that I want to make the default.  In other=20
> words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message =

> template that I have created to come up as the default.
>=20
> Does anyone know how to do this?
0
suemvp (4038)
10/6/2006 3:12:22 PM
We have a standard message footer we want attached to everyones email
and we don't use an exchange server.  I have an outlook template that
looks like what we want.  Every email has a disclaimer and a small
promotional tagline.  I know we can do it with signatures but that's a
real hassle to try getting my non-computer savvy people to do.  We only
have a workgroup and we use pop mail.  There won't be custom form fields
or anything like that.  Is this possible.  Maybe a registry hack that I
could do that would allow us to force the standard footer on all
outgoing emails?

We are using Outlook 2003.

Any ideas?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients won't be able to read attachments you send.
>
> I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of Outlook.

Adding such disclaimer information at the server is the right way to do =
it. If you don't host your own mail server, signatures would be the only =
way to accomplish this that doesn't cause problems.=20

> We have a standard message footer we want attached to everyones email=20
> and we don't use an exchange server.  I have an outlook template that=20
> looks like what we want.  Every email has a disclaimer and a small=20
> promotional tagline.  I know we can do it with signatures but that's a =

> real hassle to try getting my non-computer savvy people to do.  We =
only=20
> have a workgroup and we use pop mail.  There won't be custom form =
fields=20
> or anything like that.  Is this possible.  Maybe a registry hack that =
I=20
> could do that would allow us to force the standard footer on all=20
> outgoing emails?
>=20
> We are using Outlook 2003.
>=20
> Any ideas?
>=20
>=20
> Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the =
default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients =
won't be able to read attachments you send.=20
>>=20
>> I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were =
hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of =
Outlook.=20
>>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
10/6/2006 5:15:33 PM
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm=20

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Gill Group asked:

| I have a email template that I want to make the default.  In other
| words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message
| template that I have created to come up as the default.
|=20
| Does anyone know how to do this?
0
MillyS (3228)

Changing the Default Mail Form
I have created a new outlook template (.oft file) and want to assign it so that it becomes the default form when creating new mail message. I'm sure that there is an easy way to do it, but the simple solution has thus far escaped me. I know I can create new message and then select it by choosing a form, but I want to avoid this step if possible. Thanks in Advance Dan I think it has something to do with stationary, but when I create new stationary it brings in the images as a red "X" What might be the solution to this? Thanks in advance "Dan" <hiptolik@...

putting active product on new computer
How do I deactivate Publisher 2002? I have a new computer and would like to install Publisher on it, but must deactivate it on the old computer. Thanks angelbyte wrote: > How do I deactivate Publisher 2002? I have a new computer and would > like to install Publisher on it, but must deactivate it on the old > computer. > > Thanks There is no such thing as deactivation. Simply remove from system one, install on system two and call the freephone activation number. -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. ...

I inserted a new title master
I inserted a new title master - (it is the only title master, and there is also a slide master as well). However, no slides use the title master - how do I get a slide to use it - I want to add a title page). -- Marc Are you using PowerPoint 2003? Select the slide you wish to be your title slide. If you created your Title Master then go to Format > Slide Layout. In the Task Pane at the right, hit the drop down menue for the Title Master Slide and select Apply to Selected Slides. Sandy "Marcus Analyst" wrote: > I inserted a new title master - (it is t...

moving records to new business unit.
We only have one business unit. We have about 400 accounts. We want to create a new business unit and move some of the accounts to the new business unit. The president of our company wants to see ALL records from ALL business units. A salesperson wants to see ONLY records from her business unit. How can we create new business units and move exising account records to the new business unit? Lynn Lynn Business Units are containers for Users. When you create a Business Unit and add users to it, all the records (Accounts, Contacts, Activities etc) will automatically be associated with th...

How do I view the new templates thumbnails
I have a manager who recently moved to 2007 and when she opens PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Button, New... there is no dialogue box with the template options with thumbnails. What she gets is the same box that used to open in 2003 when you wanted to use a template. How do I fix it so that she sees the 2007 style options? Office 2007 varies in some ways from the old office. You may one to check the tabs underneath the menu to see if you get any sample templates. Let me know how it goes, -- Vicente Tulliano "MeyerMA3" wrote: > I have a manager who rece...

Template question #2
Please let me know if this is a Front page Question instead of excel but I thought I would post here just in case... I have created a template in excel. I have link it into my Front Page website. When you say "open the file" it will allow the user to modify the ..xlt file. Is there anyway to prevent this? Thanks in advance! ...

Create a file in the path of a PDA
Hi, I am working with the application of user interface where the code has to be run on the device(i.e. PDA of imate, Jasjar) using Active Sync. Now I have to create a file config.txt using the API _wfopen , with a path given as /My Device/Program Files/config.txt in the PDA. I tried doing as FILE *fp; if ( (fp = _wfopen( L"//My Device//My Program Files//Config.txt",L"w") ) == NULL ) { AfxMessageBox(_T("Couldn't Create the file !")); return FALSE; } But it is not creating the file as the path specified, it is giving Couldn't Create the ...

create chart from series grouped by value in another column
How to create a chart from series grouped by a value from another column? Example The sheet has these rows: A, DATE, 1 A, DATE, 6 A, DATE, 7 B, DATE, 3 B, DATE, 15 B, DATE, 6 B, DATE, 6 A{1,6,7} is a series and B{3,15,6,6} is a different series. I have around 2000 different series like that in my excel. How can I auto-create charts for each series (i.e. not selecting each series one by one)? Creat another Sheet with the data series in the order you wish to graph them. "HarCo" wrote: > How to create a chart from series grouped by a value from another column? > Example > ...

Setting default browser used in Outlook
Hi, I recently updated my Yahoo SBC DSL account with their recommended downloads, and now when I click on weblinks in emails, Outlook launches the Yahoo browser. I want to restore Outlook to use IE as the default browser when I click on a link in an email message. I use XP home version. I've not been able to figure out how to restore IE to be the default. (It must be too simple and I've overlooked the obvious, as I can't even find anything about default browsers in the Help files.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. John Start Internet Explorer | Tools ...

Message Body Does not Print
If I am composing a new email and I want to print it out before it is sent, it just prints message header. None of the message body comes out. It is also blank in print preview. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Outlook HTML & Text Messages
I have my Outlook 2002 set-up to send and reply/forward messages using the HTML format. However, recipients (including me as a .cc) receive the e-mail in the TEXT format. The messages always appear correct when viewing them in the SENT folder. I have experimented with various selections to NO avail. Please advise what I am overlooking. Are you using an ISP or Exchange server for mail? If Exchange, check with the admin to see if the server is set to strip formatting. BTW, not all people want or appreciate HTML mail so you may want to rethink that strategy. I do not like it and ...

Differentiate between "Edit"- and "New" state
Hi guys, Is there any way for me to distinguish between "edit"- and "add" state? I need my Case-form to render differently, depending on whether the case is a New one being added, or an Existing one being edited. Thanks in advance! -Ernst Hi, You can use client sdk to distinguish it... ~ for example: var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: //do something break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE: //do nothing break; } "Ernst Kuschke (C# MVP)" wrote: > Hi guys, > > Is there an...

Move message to another conversation
Is there a way to move posted messages in a certain public folder to a different conversation within that public folder? We have a user that has been posting to new conversation every time but now wants to collate all previous messages into one conversation. Thanks, Grant no simple solution that I'm aware of. I'm sure you could write a script to rewrite the headers ... am crossposting to m.p.e.development in case someone has an idea. What version of Exchange are you running? D. "Grant" <gpsnett@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eahSqiC9DHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Attachment in Email Template
Hi, Can we insert attachment file in the email template? Regards, Abraham ...

Cannot create new mailboxes
Hi Im failing to create mailboxes when creating a new user account on W2003 SBS Std. The user account is fine and is created as normal, but the mailbox fails with the following: ############################### Wizard Execution: Entering the MigUsr Committer... Failed to create a mailbox for user [LDAP://CN=MY_NEW_USER,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=worcester,DC=local] with error [0x80070057]. Leaving the MigUsr Committer... Entering the Template Committer... Failed to get Display Name from Template [CN=English Mutual Worcester,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=worcester...

Create users on GP V9 on SQL2005
After you create users and give company access on the Client/Server installation you go to the physical client to logon, you cannot logon using any of the users that you have just created, the only way that you can then logon is by logging in as SA on the client, go to Setup, Users, call up the user that you want to use to logon to that particular client machine, save the record and come out, only now can you successfully log into GP with this user. On the server, was the DSN used to access the app setup to as '(local)' or '.' as the Servername rather than the full ser...

receiving messages multiple times
Outlook 2002, set in POP3 mode, set to leave a copy of messages on the (offsite) server. Whenever mail is received at the server, it is forwarded properly to this user, but then in 5 minutes or so when Outlook checks the server again (as it has always done in the past) another copy of the message is sent. This will continue until a NEW message arrives at the server, at which point that new message will be repeatedly sent. There is only one copy of the email on the server, and another user who monitors this account using Outlook Express properly receives a single instance of the messa...

Print Queue
If I right-click, and select |New then print it shows document+sequential number of docs opened/printed in the current session of word. Is there a way to pass, update a template that is opened as New so that Word's title bar does not show Document+sequence number ? TIA You could use an autonew macro in the document template with the line ActiveWindow.Caption = "" but frankly I don't recommend it. If nothing else the indication in the title bar is a warning that the document has not been saved. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

Create Public Folders
How do I give my users rights to create their own folders under Public Folders? Tim Kowal wrote: > How do I give my users rights to create their own folders under Public > Folders? > > Okay, first, BAD IDEA. You'll most likely end up with an unmanageable and unusable public folder hierarchy with duplicate folders and data that's all over the place and nearly impossible to find. It's far better for the Exchange admin(s) to manage the Public Folder hierarchy. BUT, if your users have a legitimate need to create their own public folders (developers, for example),...

FYI
FYI to anyone who has Ex2003 SP1. I came across this problem on my server and the hotfix resolved it. Note: I didn't have the exact problem described because my messages were getting stuck in the "Local delivery" queue, not the "Messages pending submission" queue and I never got any error events, but nonetheless the hotfix corrected it. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843545 Digitally signed messages remain in the Messages pending submission queue and are not delivered in Exchange Server 2003 SP1 -- Sincerely, Martin MCSA: M I ran into the same problem, t...

Creating a Search Form
I have a simple address book spreadsheet. I would like to create a Search form, where the user can enter the Last Name of the person they are searching for. Hi Karen two inbuilt options that you might like to have a look at as long as your data is in "database / list" format ie something like ..........A..............B.....................C......................D 1.....First Name...Last Name.....Address.........Town. 2.....Joe..............Bloggs............15 North Rd.....Little Parks click in cell A2 choose data / filter / autofilter - you'll see a drop down arrow f...

Entourage crashes when I delete emails. I get following message

Creating a "master Mailbox"
we are currently in the process of purchasing our first exchange server. up untill now we have used hosted email and before that 1 email address for the entire company. Per boss's request, he wants a master mailbox that will have a copy of every message sent to each recipient. in addition to this he wants one for each reply sent out. also, these maiboxes need to be able to be viewed and seen by most in the company. the Master Inbox will also rcv new messages that have been forwarded on from an old Excite email account. I have not worked with exchange before besides just being a clie...

How to avoid dealing with messages twice
I have an office PC and a home PC, as well as a laptop (used only when I am on the road) - with Office 2003 loaded on each of them. My daily routine involves downloading mail in the office PC (configured to leave mail on the server), coming home later in the afternoon to download mail on the home PC (also configured to leave mail on the server) and then going back to the office the next day to download the previous day's mail in a third 'archive' PC (which has Outlook Express on it and is configured to wipe downloaded messages off the server). 'Server' in this context refe...

Trying something new
I'm not sure if it's possible but i would like to ask anyway. I am new to excel but i'm having a fun time figuring stuff out, but this one stumped me. What i want it to do is this, say i have a number in this case 64, i want excel to take that number and when put something in a differnt cell say A1 (another number) i want it to subtract 1 from 64 making it 63, i can get it to do this much but what i want after that is if i delete the number in a1 and add another number i want it to keep the number of 63 and subtract 1 more (62). I hope it make's sence, what i want to do is g...