Create rule to run script

I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and
places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook that
when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to
automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified
folder?

Thanks in advance

0
Dave132 (2)

what version?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Dave" <Dave132@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and
>places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook that
>when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to
>automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified
>folder?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/23/2006 5:05:21 PM
Outlook 2003

> what version?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Dave" <Dave132@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>>I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and
>>places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook that
>>when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to
>>automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified
>>folder?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

0
Dave132 (2)
8/23/2006 6:14:22 PM
A "run a script" rule action actually uses not an external script but a =
VBA procedure with a MailItem or MeetingItem as its parameter. That item =
is processed by the code:=20

Sub RunAScriptRuleRoutine(MyMail As MailItem)
    Dim strID As String
    Dim olNS As Outlook.NameSpace
    Dim msg As Outlook.MailItem
   =20
    strID =3D MyMail.EntryID
    Set olNS =3D Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    Set msg =3D olNS.GetItemFromID(strID)
    ' do stuff with msg, e.g.
    MsgBox msg.Attachments.Count
   =20
    Set msg =3D Nothing
    Set olNS =3D Nothing
End Sub
--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Dave" <Dave132@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message =
>I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and=20
> places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook =
that=20
> when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to=20
> automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified =

> folder?
>=20
> Thanks in advance=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Trouble creating network
Hi, I apologise for posting this request to this newsgroup, but I've had no luck posting it to the general mac group and I really need some help with something. This group has been so helpful in the past I thought I'd give it a shot. Specifically: I have been successfully creating a wireless network (using airport) for more than a year between my iMac (base station) and my PowerBook. Suddenly it's not so successful anymore. I'm using OS 10.2.8. The details: I turn on Airport in the iMac, then on the PB. I go into the airport menu on the iMac and click on "create network...

Client side script in office web component
Hi all, i am new to office web component, i am using client side script to pull data from database to office web components. Now our client asks to proivde an option to export the image to gif, which i am not knowing how to do in client side script. I have searched lot in google but i can able to find only solutions to export to gif in asp, server side code. Bi\ut i need in client side code. I am using vbscript. Code i found in c#: Response.ContentType= "image/gif"; Response.BinaryWrite((byte[])objCSpace.GetPicture("gif",500,400)); Response.End(); i need the same code i...

Creating Workflow to assign Opportunities based on Account Owner
We have a receptionist that takes existing Estimates over $2500 and inputs them in to CRM as Opportunities. The problem is that she logs in to CRM as herself and manually has to reassign the Opportunities to the individual Users based on Account Ownership. I did not see any way possible to create a Workflow rule that upon Create can reassign Opportunity Ownership based on Account Ownership. Does anyone have a workable Workflow rule to provide this functionality? Thank you ahead of time. ...

when I try to create a new email Outlook 2007 gives error message
I have just installed office 2007 upgrade, everything works well with the exception of Outlook 2007 when I click on "NEW" email, it gives me the following message: Microsoft office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close etc.. The error is further detailed as follows AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName: msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:41109750 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00100f99 Outlook will forward send and receive ok just wont start a new message Any suggestions? Leon Create a new mail profile after an upgrade. --=81 Milly Sta...

can I create an "if" formula with an external list?
I'm doing an extract from our system & can only extract a 2 digit code. There is a description that goes along with the code, but I'm not able to pull that part out, so I need to duplicate it in Excel. Example - type of account is defined by a 2 digit number-- 41 revocable 43 irrevocable 61 agency I need to add a column to insert a description that matches up with the code. In the past I've used an IF function, but because these can change, it would be easier to maintain a separate list & add the description based on the lst. Is this possible? S...

Need help creating new table
Hello all, I've been trying to create a new table but have been running into problems. Here is my scenario. I want to add a checkbox to the PO Line form for purchase order entries. Reading about how GP works, I heard that I shouldn't just add a column to a table, but instead, create a 1 to 1 table. I created a table with three fields, the PO Number, Ord, and checkbox field (char 3). I also added a relationship to the PO Line table based on the PO Number and Ord fields. I then went to the PO Line form and added the checkbox. So far, so good. Now I am trying to move my ...

create a rule to mark messages as read
I have a rule to save sent emails to a particular person in a folder. Works great except they always show us as unread in that folder. As I am the one that sent the email, I have obviously read it, so I want the message to be marked as "read". I can't seem to find a way to do this. TIA First, sorry I posted in wrong Discussion group. Second, nevermind. I figured it out! The rule needs to be created from within the Sent Items folder. "So Call Me Crazy" wrote: > I have a rule to save sent emails to a particular person in a folder. Works >...

Outlook 2002
Hello, Hoping someone can help me. last night I noticed the rules wizard was not present, so I ran repair and it is now present, but pressing the Tools->Rules Wizard button does nothing. I renamed RWIZ1.ECF to RWIZ1.old and ran repair, I now have the RWIZ1.ECF back, but still the same result. Not sure if this is relevant but I was also having weird problems in Email Accounts yesterday, and had to re-create some of my email accounts, sometimes deleting one woudl delete two almost as if they were paired together. At first I thought maybe a virus had hit but I updated Norton and ran a full...

how do I create Business Cards with Office Wrod 2003?
I have downloaded HOW TO instructions for MS Word 6.0 and 7.0. to creat busiiness cards. I don't know how to place a picture then be able to write dialog for the business card information. "Name, address, Phone, Email, etc. Can some one tell me how to get complete instructons to include this function?? Probably not here. This newsgroup is for problems with EXCEL, not WORD. There are separate newsgroups for Word problems. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:15:09 -0800, "S_Marble" <S_Marble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have downloaded HOW TO instructions for MS Wor...

Outlook 2003 Rules not running
I have created 3 outlook rules to move mail from 3 seperate pop3 accounts to seperate folders. When mail arrives it all ends up in my default inbox. The only way to make the rules run is to do it manually. Any help would be appreciated. Anyone? >-----Original Message----- >I have created 3 outlook rules to move mail from 3 >seperate pop3 accounts to seperate folders. When mail >arrives it all ends up in my default inbox. The only way >to make the rules run is to do it manually. Any help >would be appreciated. >. > do they eventually run if you leave outlook op...

Hide Public Folders script?
Hi all: I have a client who uses over 1400 public folders and would like to hide all but 2 in the GAL so they will be listed with all groups, contacts, users. Anyone know a quick way of getting this done, script maybe? Thanks, DP ...

Run windows update when server first boots up
Is there any command-line or other application I can run that will kickstart windows update? I am trying to avoid the manual task of going to the browser, etc. I'd like it to just go immediately to the downloading/updating part. Please advise. thanks, -Drew Andrew Weaver wrote: > Is there any command-line or other application I can run that will > kickstart windows update? > > I am trying to avoid the manual task of going to the browser, etc. > > I'd like it to just go immediately to the downloading/updating part. > > Please advise. ...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

What program would be best for a 5th grader to create a "mock mag.
I need to create a magazine" of the State of Alabama for a 5th grade state report. Which would be the program to use? What programs do you have? If you are willing to purchase a new program for this project then Publisher is the way to go. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "moplady-777@sbcglobal.net" <moplady-777@sbcglobal.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD219F8B-F411-4C2C-A803-E5CBCA711005@microsoft.com... >I need to create a magazine" of the State of Alabama for a 5th...

Creating Articles
I know I am doing something simply wrong. I am trying to create articles and can not input any information. I always get under the Articles name "use the style buttons to change default text: The quick brown fox jumpos over the lazy dog. 1234567890." If there somewhere I can go to get a quick instruction on how to start using this feature. thanks for the help ...

How do I create a calendar template that keeps recuring meetings?

creating a secondary axis from stock chart
Hi, i have created a stock chart which have open, high, low and close points. I want to include a secondary Y axis to chart the volume. May i know how to do it? Thank you Assuming you have at least two data series: right click on one and open the Format Series command, you should have no trouble finding the feature to add secondary axis. For classical Excel: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052016901033.aspx For Excel 2007: http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/charts/2_y_axes.php If you still have a problem please tell what version of Excel you are using -- Bernard V Liengme ...

Creating Letter Activities using workflow
Hello, I have been trying to create a process using workflow rules where certain events will trigger a rule to create a letter activity. So far, I have had limited success. Some rules seem to work fine and some will be inconsistent in that they will either fire when they are supposed to or they won't. Most of the rules I have tried are based on a change of status to trigger them. For example, I have several rules that are supposed to create a letter activity when the opportunity's status is changed to "Won" When I look in Workflow Monitor, I can see the rules running...

creating modeless dlg in OCX causes msg pump shutout when keys pressed
I've created an OCX in VC 6.0 using the appwizard. I've inserted a simple dialog class into the ocx's application called MyDialog and have attatched a CDialog derived class to the dialog resource. In the COleControl derived class (which I call CModelessDlgOCXCtrl) I've added a method to the control's interface called PopupDlg(). The code for this method is as follows... MyDialog *pdlg = NULL; long CModelessDlgOCXCtrl::PopupDlg() { pdlg = new MyDialog; pdlg->Create(IDD_DIALOG1,this); pdlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); return 0; } Note that the pdlg po...

Unable to Create Entities
Have an interesting problem. We create attributes on entities without any problems. When trying to create an entity we get the message below: "An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator." The installation is on roll-up 2. The user has full access as the user is classified as a System Administrator.Anyone experience this or have any ideas to try? John Hi John, Can you go to the web.config file and turn on the DEV error. It will give you more information on the error rather than the generic one. You can post the error here so we can try to ...

Creating a Stationary Style in Outlook by Using Publisher
I have been trying to create a page using Publisher 2000 which I can use as my default personal e-mail page. However when I try to send it to another email address it is not received as the original web page I created in Publisher. The 1st time I sent the message said I sent the page as an attachment although I didn't sent it as an attachment. The second time I tried to save the Publisher created page as a web page format and received a bunch of numbers and letters when it was received on the other end. Finally, is it possible to create a stationary style in Outlook using a Pu...

Rules Wizard #30
The company I work for, recently migrated to an updated mail server (updated hardware) I am running as an exchange client and since the update my rules have stopped working. I have even re-created the rules from scratch and still incoming messages are not filtered. IT has offered little help, now I am force to take matters into my own hands.. :) Can anyone help ? ...

Help with Outlook rules not working as expected
Hi: I'm a pretty advanced Outlook user but I just can't figure this out and I've been trying for years! I created some rules that check for a particular condition and if the condition is met, the email is moved to a particular folder. The last rule in the stack moves the remaining messages to a 'default' folder. All of the destination folders are in the root folders of the account. Here's the weird part: I've discovered, after may years, that rules that include moves to folders don't work if the 'stop processing more rules' is not included in ...

Unable to Create Appointment
I have users that have been able to create Appointments in the past ( as recently as last Wed), however when they try to do so now they get the error message. "The logged on user does not have the appropriate Security permissions to view these reords or perform the requested action." No changes to any of the security roles have changed in the past few weeks and the users are able to add phone calls under activity w/o any problems. Under the Security Role that the user is a member of she has Create, Read, Write, Append, Append to for user on the activity and Note entities. When...

Creating a drop down like menu for row of cells?
I have a bit of a problem with an excel worksheet that I have going, th whole sheet is about 450 rows with various bits of input data, an sub-totals for various sections calculated throughout it. In order to reduce the size and make it a little bit easier to navigat through, I am wondering if there is anyway to make rows drop down, lik say with an arrow to the side that a user can click on to have a grou of cells drop down, that way I can only have sub totals and su headings showing. Is this possible to do and how? I've tired searching through help but can't find anything, and don&#...