Create rule to run script

I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and
places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook that
when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to
automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified
folder?

Thanks in advance

0
Dave132 (2)

what version?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Dave" <Dave132@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and
>places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook that
>when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to
>automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified
>folder?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/23/2006 5:05:21 PM
Outlook 2003

> what version?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Dave" <Dave132@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>>I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and
>>places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook that
>>when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to
>>automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified
>>folder?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

0
Dave132 (2)
8/23/2006 6:14:22 PM
A "run a script" rule action actually uses not an external script but a =
VBA procedure with a MailItem or MeetingItem as its parameter. That item =
is processed by the code:=20

Sub RunAScriptRuleRoutine(MyMail As MailItem)
    Dim strID As String
    Dim olNS As Outlook.NameSpace
    Dim msg As Outlook.MailItem
   =20
    strID =3D MyMail.EntryID
    Set olNS =3D Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    Set msg =3D olNS.GetItemFromID(strID)
    ' do stuff with msg, e.g.
    MsgBox msg.Attachments.Count
   =20
    Set msg =3D Nothing
    Set olNS =3D Nothing
End Sub
--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Dave" <Dave132@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message =
>I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and=20
> places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup  a rule in outlook =
that=20
> when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to=20
> automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified =

> folder?
>=20
> Thanks in advance=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Outlook 2003: Rules not Working
Does anybody know how to reverse the rules upgrade in 2003? Since accepting Microsoft's "recommendation" to upgrade none of my rules work. This problem is acknowledged in a Knowledge Base article (830306) which says; "After you upgrade to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 from Microsoft Outlook 2002 with multiple Post Office Protocol (POP) accounts, the rules that are based on the through the specified account option that is available in the Rules and Alerts Wizard may not work." However the workaround suggested by the article also DOES NOT WORK! Furthermore none of my rule...

Active Directory not Createing Email Address
I am running Exchange 2000 sp3. All of a suddern when I create a new user in Active Directory, I am creating a mailbox, but the user is not getting an email address. This problem has just started happening, previously email addresses were being created. I am getting no errors in the event log. Can anyone tell me how I can begin to troubleshoot this issue. -- semdvm01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webserv...

cannot create file: order.xls
cannot create file: xls right click the folder you want to creat the file in, and the click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permission for the folder Do you have permission to save to that folder? Can you save to another folder? This would be a Windows permissions issue and has nought to do with Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:50:01 -0800, shelby <shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >cannot create file: xls right click the folder you want to creat the file in, >and the click properties on the shortcut menu to che...

How do I create a gnatt chart in Excell
I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis. Gantt Charts in Microsoft Excel http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E570B3-17C1-4F59-AF8F-F781262890F8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis. ...

Running a macro after document as finished rendering?
Hi, I'd like to update all of the fields in my document when the doc is opened. To do this, I have put ActiveDocument.Fields.Update in the AutoOpen() macro. This works, except for the fields that are dependant on the number of pages in the document. By examining the value of the "Number of pages" property in ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties when the macro runs, I see that the number of pages is 3 ( there are actually 26 in my test document ) when the macro runs. If I manually run the macro, the number of pages in this property is correct. I also found that if I ...

create a list of email addresses
I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those email addresses to send out other emails to those people. Is there anyway that outlook can create an excel sheet or group with a command, instead of dealing with each individual email. Does this make sense? Outlook 2003 Windows XP Thank You Meg "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message news:uObgCQClIHA.2368@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those >email addresses to send out other emails to those peopl...

problem about sphelper.h in MFC project created by VC++.NET
if I just use text to speech, it works. When I want to include file "sphelper.h" in my project, I got error messages such as "SPPHONEID can not convert to CSpDynamicString". Help!! Hello, I think you need to change the project setting, as follows: In C/C++, Language properties, change "Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type" to "No". Cheers Simon Jefferies jefferies_simon@hotmail.com "zabgwill" <wzswc@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:058501c37839$891fd6a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > if I just use text to speech, it works. When I want to &...

None and normal importance via Rules Wizard
Hi, I have a few rules set up that assign an Importance level depending on the source. The "High" and "Low" settings are assigned correctly but for those emails that should be getting a "Normal" Importance they sometimes receive the "Normal" setting and sometimes receive none. This is a problem since I group my emails by Importance so instead of groups of High, Normal, and Low I get High, Normal, Low, and none. Why would Outlook not assign an importance when it is explicitly set up to do so in the Rules Wizard? I am running XP Pro SP2 with...

Creating Dynamic Range
I have created a dynamic range for an excel 2000 spreadsheet that I reference by using a Data Validation List... The dynamic range almost works, except that is leaves whichever is my last entry to the list off, of my "drop-down" box... So anything I add to the list whether is is several or a couple, will show up in my drop-down box except the very last entry.... My list that I am creating the dynamic range from runs from cell A3 thru A20 The formula for the dynamic range I have is: =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$3,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)) Can anyone recognize something that might be wron...

Create Order doesn't copy values for custom attributes
Using CRM 3.0 We have added a bunch of custom attributes to our Quote, Quote Details, Order and Order Details entities, but when I create an order from a quote (by using the Create Order toolbar button on the Quote form) the values for these custom attributes are not copied to the newly created order. When I go and look at the created order, all the custom attributes are empty. I can see them on the quote though. All standard attributes are copied as expected. I have verified that the schema names are the same in both Quote and Order (not sure if that makes a difference though). Is th...

Email Workflow rule.
I created an email workflow rule that is applied when someone updates information on an Order. The rule reassigns the order to another individual and emails the new owner. I am wondering how to also CC the Account owner, owner of the originating account (Not Order owner). Thanks in Advance. ...

Scripting Error When Printing E-mails
Does anyone have a solution to the scripting error message that is recieved when trying to print e-mails from Outlook. Outlook generates a line 1343 error message. Any assistance would be great. Thanks & Regards, Jay ...

Insights running but not open in task bar?
So I installed Money Plus and imported/converted my old money 2004 file. That file was a file I had been using since 1999 in Quicken...it's gone through some imports by now. I decided to rename my old money files xxxx_OLD, and create a brand new from scratch one. I figured this would help me utilize all the nice new features. So I got this all setup, but there is a problem with Insight. * I have the checkbox checked that says 'Start Insights when windows starts', but the icon doesn't show up in the task bar. * When I click on the the Insights launcher, it says t...

Can you create a ERD in Viso 2002
I need to create an Entity Relational Diagrams(ERD) for a college assignment. I only have Viso 2002. Can it be done or do I need to upgrate to 2003? It can be done but you must have the professional version. Enjoy with visio "Elisa" <Elisa@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:CE68DCC5-F286-485B-B1C6-E3D30EC43792@microsoft.com... >I need to create an Entity Relational Diagrams(ERD) for a college >assignment. > I only have Viso 2002. Can it be done or do I need to upgrate to 2003? > ...

Very simple update query running super slow!
I have two tables: Rugman and PDrive The table look like this: Rugman -- ID (Auto/key) / Number (text!) / location (text) / test (text) PDrive -- ID (Auto/key) / Field1 (text!) The reason I had to use text for Number and Field1, is because there are a few lines what have a number like: 1234-2 I just want to check the Number in table Rugman and see if it does exist in the table PDrive... If it does: field test must be changed to "done" for that record where the numer exists in the other table... Don't get why it's running so slow. I have created also other update queries ...

How do I create a bulk mailing text box in Publisher?
-- Thomas -- Mike Thomas wrote: ...

Outlook 2003 SP1 E-Mail rules
Hello, I've got a problem with Outlook 2003 SP1 (OS: Windows XP Home). It seems to ignore some of the e-mail rules. I've defined some rules to move some e-mails (Newsletters) with certain sender names (e. g. wwwtp@heise.de ) into special folders. Outlook seems to ignore this. But if I define a rule to move e-mails with e. g. "heise" as sender name into a special folder, then it works. Why this? Has that anything to do e. g. with the @ symbol? Or with the fact, that all rules, folders and accounts were imported from Outlook Express (latest version) ? I've read in s...

Outlook 2003 Rules #4
Since most e-mail that arrives after 5pm or over the weekend is SPAM, I'd like to create a rule that filters messages by the time of day they arrive. But I don't see this feature in Outlook 2003. Am I missing something? Any advice is much appreciated. - Dave ...

Importing data from Access and creating statistics and a pie chart
I have an Access database field that contains the name of a part, which is one of 93 parts. I want to be able to import this data to Excel so that I can statistically show the numbers of each type of part sold within a specific time frame. For instance, we sold 25 widgets last quarter which is a 15% increase over the previous quarter. The imported data would be broken down by part name, and then converted to a pie chart. I think I know how to limit the time frame in Access, but am lost when it comes to importing the data and generating the statistics in Excel and creating the pie char...

How can I create a class reunion directory from a spreadsheet?
I have set up personal data in columns that are titled classname, present name, address, phone, email, occupation, children, grandchildren, interests, etc. for a high school class reunion directory. How can I turn this into a layout whereby it prints on pages and looks like this: SMITH, Brenda (bold face and underlined) COWELL, Brenda 3220 Main Street Columbus, OH 43007 614-228-3223 bcowell@atlasbutler.com Business Owner Spouse: John Cowell Tom (32), Bob (30), Sally (28) Emily (7); Sammy (4) Bridge, Reading, Tennis If possible, I would like the layout to show two columns across the page...

Can't create new balance sheet accounts
In GP 9, I'm unable to create a new balance sheet account in the Account Maintenance window (Cards >> Financial >> Account). The posting type area and both its options (Balance Sheet / Profit and Loss) are greyed out, so I can't select either option. I don't believe this is a security issue, since this procedure was tried while logged on as "sa". Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Hello, It can't be. There is no issue as such I've heard of before on the Account Maintenance window. I doubt any of the follow...

No option to create rules
I can't create rules, there are no options for rules under tools, there is no option when right clicking on a message. Its as if my version of outlook 2003 was not installed with the ability to use rules..... Any ideas? Did you try detect and repair? Is this a corporate computer or your home computer? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...

trying to run eseutil
I have a event error Source: ese Category: Database Corruption Event ID: 467 Information Store (4780) First Storage Group: Database c:\program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.edb: Indes FoldersIndex6 of table Folders is corrupted (0). I was informed to run eseutil /g first but unable to get the program to run. I entered "eseutil /g c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.edb" and get a error that needs options set. So I enter "eseutil /g c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.edb /t" and still the program does not run. What am I doing wrong. -- Thanks Duane On Mon, 7 ...

Creating a .bat file?
XP Home SP3 Apologies if this is not the place to ask this question, but I would like to create a .bat file or something to delete the dozens of temp files which a program I have leaves in my Temp folder every time I run it. The files are always named in a particular way so can easily be identified, I think/hope. I do not want to delete all of the files in the Temp folder, though. Is this possible, please, and how would I go about it? Many thanks Kate Without knowing what program you're talking about, what kind of temporary files it creates and why, it's impossible ...

Can I create a form to run off of info saved on Excel 97?
I have alot of info stored onto an excel workbook and add to it daily. Info keyed into this spreadsheet daily has to be handwritten onto a coversheet for others to view. I have to fill out 30+ seperate sheets of paper with selected info from each row added into excel each day.. Is it possible to print this info out on a form? Or do I have to use Microsoft access for that? Yes, it should be possible. You would have to create an electronic version of the cover sheet within XL. Then, in the appropriate locations you would have cells with formulas that look up the relevant data from ...