create distribution list from group of addresses given in word an.

how may I create distribution list from group of addresses given in word and
excel format without retyping each individual name, address, tel#, etc?

Thank you.

0
outlookup (1)

Try the method here:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm

BTW, DLs only use email addresses. if you want to create contacts with the
phone #, import the list to outlook using file, import then create a dl
using those contacts.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"outlookup" <outlookup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how may I create distribution list from group of addresses given in word
> and
> excel format without retyping each individual name, address, tel#, etc?
>
> Thank you.

0
dianenws (1904)
11/7/2004 1:54:21 AM
Follow-up question:  The addresses I am trying to use to create the
distribution list are in an email with the display name format [lastname,
firstname] and when I paste them into the distribution list address window it
seems to interpret the comma in the display name as a delimiter.  The display
names are all separated by a semi-colon but it rejects even a single address
with this display format.  Is there any way I can extract both the display
name and email address to form a distribution list?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Try the method here:
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm
>
> BTW, DLs only use email addresses. if you want to create contacts with the
> phone #, import the list to outlook using file, import then create a dl
> using those contacts.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "outlookup" <outlookup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how may I create distribution list from group of addresses given in word
> > and
> > excel format without retyping each individual name, address, tel#, etc?
> >
> > Thank you.

0
Durwin (3)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

opening a .docx with word 2004

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Macro

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...