create distribution list from email

I am trying to use addresses in an email to create distribution list.  The
addresses in the email have the display name format [lastname, firstname] and
when I paste them into the distribution list address window it seems to
interpret the comma in the display name as a delimiter.  The display names
are all separated by semi-colons but it rejects even a single address with
this display format.  Is there any way I can extract both the display name
and email address (or even just the email address) to form a distribution
list?  Or to clip it into Word or Excel?  (When I try to clip them into Word
or Excel, it only picks up the display name and loses the actual address.)
Thanks.

--
Durwin Sharp
Idea Catalyst and Innovation Guide

Follow-up:  I found the options tab that solved the comma delimiter problem,
but copy/paste into the "members" box in the distribution list box only picks
up the display names without the email address.  I do not want to create
separate contacts for each of the addresses in the distribution list.  Even
though the addresses are displayed in the email (properties), copy/paste does
not seem to preserve the address regardless of where I try to paste (Outlook
2002, Word, Excel, etc.)

"Durwin" wrote:

> I am trying to use addresses in an email to create distribution list.  The
> addresses in the email have the display name format [lastname, firstname] and
> when I paste them into the distribution list address window it seems to
> interpret the comma in the display name as a delimiter.  The display names
> are all separated by semi-colons but it rejects even a single address with
> this display format.  Is there any way I can extract both the display name
> and email address (or even just the email address) to form a distribution
> list?  Or to clip it into Word or Excel?  (When I try to clip them into Word
> or Excel, it only picks up the display name and loses the actual address.)
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Durwin Sharp
> Idea Catalyst and Innovation Guide
0
Durwin (3)

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Wrong unread count in inbox (1 is list but no there is no messages)
I'm trying to figure out why a user has this problem. The unread inbox count shows 1, even if there are no unread messages in the Inbox. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Check your view (View, Current View, Customize Current View) and make sure there are no filters set. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "mr_gustav" <randy.riauka@saultc.on.ca> wrote in message news:17b1b01c418c3$e7e4aff0$a10128...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Create static text from cell reference

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

Importing spam list
Hi, I have a long list of spam email addresses that I want to import into outlook. How do I do this? Do they have to be separated by commas? Thaks, Paul Where is this spam list generated? What version of Outlook? Where do you propose to import them? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul Ellis asked: | Hi, | I have a long list of spam email addresses...

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

Data Validation List not showing

manufacturing scrap not calculating on pick list and serial #'s no
I have entered my percentage of scrap on a MFG BOM and is seems to be calculating properly in the setup. When I release the components and add them to a pick list the scrap is not calculating. I also choose serial numbers and they do not carry thorugh and print on the pick list. Is there some setting that I have missed? -- Paula ...

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

recieving emails
I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) and when I hit the button again it starts recieving from the begining again resulting in duplicate messages then it ends in an error like the beginning again. My email is Yahoo mail plus Dorisall wrote: || I get an error message Which is? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Dorisall <Dorisall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) > and when I hit the button again it starts reci...

Can't receive EMail #5

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

some emails not coming through internally
Hello, I have a 3COM NBX phone system. It has the capability of sending an e-mail to a user with the voice message attached. That system is on my 10.1.x.x network. My exchange server is on my 10.3.x.x. network. There's a place in the NBX system to put the name of the SMTP server. I've tried both the email.mydomain.com and the IP address of the server. The messages do not come through. If I change the e-mail address for delivery to an account such as yahoo.com, it comes through no problem. I have a test exchange server at home. If I set it to go to that, goes no where. I ...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...